Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Weddings and Honeymoons
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-03-2012, 06:50 PM   #106
lexis
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by csidisney View Post
I have a question for the DCL brides...according to what I am reading on this thread, its $20 per person extra for any guests over the amount included in the package (which I believe is 8 guests). What exactly are you paying the $20 for? A chair at the ceremony? A slice of cake? My brother got engaged on DCL and they are thinking about a DCL wedding, and they are pricing things out. They just want to know exactly what they are getting. They will call the wedding dept this week, but I said I'd check on here.
The $20 covers the cake and champagne. I know it doesn't seem like you get anything for it but at the end of the day it is worth the $20. We had to pay for 20 extra people and we did not mind. It does feel like Disney Nickles and dimes you to death when it comes to the cake upgrade, boutineers, flowers and other stuff. But what wedding venue doesn't. I do have to say the pianist did a wonderful job playing the songs we wanted and then playing additional songs after the ones we listed ran out. Also we had Andy perform our ceremony and he was awesome.
lexis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2012, 03:05 PM   #107
JBeanBunny
royal purple pigment

Quote:
Originally Posted by lescal79 View Post
Future brides: Did you get your email from Shanda saying that she is moving on to a new career role on Monday, June 4th????
Got the e-mail and after a few mixed thoughts and emotions, I directly went online to discover her exact job posted. The closing date on the application was midnight of the 3rd (last night) so I presume that we'll have a temp until the new DCL wedding coordinator is hired, trained, and takes over the position. I'm glad I'm not getting married until September, or else I might be slightly concerned! But I've met a wonderful and capable onboard wedding coordinator, and with all of Shanda's current notes, you should all rest assured that everything will turn out just as magical as planned!
JBeanBunny is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-04-2012, 11:11 PM   #108
Evi
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by csidisney View Post
I have a question for the DCL brides...according to what I am reading on this thread, its $20 per person extra for any guests over the amount included in the package (which I believe is 8 guests). What exactly are you paying the $20 for? A chair at the ceremony? A slice of cake? My brother got engaged on DCL and they are thinking about a DCL wedding, and they are pricing things out. They just want to know exactly what they are getting. They will call the wedding dept this week, but I said I'd check on here.
You know whats funny. I originally thought I was going to have to pay ontop of the $20 per each guest additional for cake and champagne. So when I found out that covered it I was like yay lol.

Evi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2012, 09:01 AM   #109
csidisney
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evi View Post
You know whats funny. I originally thought I was going to have to pay ontop of the $20 per each guest additional for cake and champagne. So when I found out that covered it I was like yay lol.
LOl thanks! They are going to go check out Disney's Vero Beach next weekend and then decide.
csidisney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2012, 11:25 AM   #110
lescal79
Mouseketeer

Passports/Passport Cards vs Birth Certificate

Did anyone have a hard time traveling with just the BC with ID rather than a passport? Getting on/off the ship? I have a passport, but guests are asking.
Old 06-05-2012, 01:55 PM   #111
lexis
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by lescal79 View Post
Did anyone have a hard time traveling with just the BC with ID rather than a passport? Getting on/off the ship? I have a passport, but guests are asking.
two people in my wedding party last month used birth cert. and did not have any issues.
Old 06-05-2012, 01:59 PM   #112
lexis
Mouseketeer

Hey guys a very small sampling of our photos are available on facebook through our photographers page. For those of you wondering what Outlook looks like you can see it from just about every angle. Ill post a link here and in our PJ.

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?...4668825&type=1
Old 06-05-2012, 03:56 PM   #113
lylaB
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by lexis View Post
Hey guys a very small sampling of our photos are available on facebook through our photographers page. For those of you wondering what Outlook looks like you can see it from just about every angle. Ill post a link here and in our PJ.
I LOOOVE love love your pictures! We are planning a VR in 2014 and debating about using on board photographers or to hire our own. If you don't mind sharing how much they were? It's absolutely gorgeous! I know I have so much time to plan lol I'm just so excited!

I have to make so many phone calls and actually secure a date but there isn't any 2014 dates on the cruise website =/ so does that mean I can't book anything? Also, does anyone know what happens if my husband gets deployed? Is there a special military clause for a refund?

THANKS!!
Lyla
lylaB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2012, 04:44 PM   #114
lexis
Mouseketeer

I have to give some back story to them first. We looked at photographers for weeks because it was one of the most important things for us.

After much searching we found Divine Light Photographers and we ell in love with their work. After meeting with them (they are a married couple) we had to book them.

We booked the mid grade package that they offer and it cost around $4,000. This included 8-12 hours of photographer from 2 photographers and an album.

I would highly recommend them. Although the price may seem a bit high I could not have hoped for more. My wife and I agree that it was well worth the price. They took around 3-4000 photos throughout our day so when I say that was a sampling I mean it.
Old 06-05-2012, 05:00 PM   #115
lylaB
Earning My Ears

Thank you for the info!

That's out of our budget since we also intend on doing the MK shoot..but my goodness, it's really so tempting because your pictures are so pretty!
Old 06-05-2012, 05:11 PM   #116
lexis
Mouseketeer

We just did not feel comfortable not being able to see a portfolio for someone before the wedding. So that is why we did not go with an on board.
Old 06-05-2012, 05:15 PM   #117
lylaB
Earning My Ears

yeah..that's what I'm most nervous about! I have a whole year and half to lurk the boards and decide lol It's always a hit or miss.
Old 06-05-2012, 06:40 PM   #118
GrimGrinningVal
Disney Hotel Snob

Quote:

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?...4668825&type=1
Fantastic photos! Your photographer did a great job showcasing the Outlook and capturing you and your wife's connection. I especially loved the sunset pics on the ship! How did you get to the cloisters on Nassau?

GrimGrinningVal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2012, 08:34 PM   #119
lexis
Mouseketeer

We used a limo service. It was very fast to get there. We got very lucky our wedding fell on election day in Nassau so all of the shops were closed as well as all government buildings. This meant that the customs/shops building at port was empty, it also meant no traffic. The cloisters wanted $1,000 for 2 hours use. We opted not to pay and just try our luck with the general public. The cloisters is open to general public paying just reserves it for you. We spent around 2 hours there and not a single tourist showed up the entire time.
Old 06-05-2012, 09:00 PM   #120
lescal79
Mouseketeer

Quote:
We used a limo service. It was very fast to get there. We got very lucky our wedding fell on election day in Nassau so all of the shops were closed as well as all government buildings. This meant that the customs/shops building at port was empty, it also meant no traffic. The cloisters wanted $1,000 for 2 hours use. We opted not to pay and just try our luck with the general public. The cloisters is open to general public paying just reserves it for you. We spent around 2 hours there and not a single tourist showed up the entire time.
Amazing pictures, you both look so happy! Cloisters is gorgeous! What time was your ceremony?

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: