Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Weddings and Honeymoons
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-30-2012, 07:32 PM   #91
Evi
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by othello32 View Post
Hello! For brides who have already had their ceremony, CONGRATULATIONS! I'd like to ask what you did for Videography. Also, did any of you have flowers in your hair and how did you do that. Did you bring them on board yourself or purchase somewhere on ship? I'm thinking of having a flower in my hair but don't know how I'll get that flower. Thanks!
I may be mistaken but based on my conversations with Shanda at DFTW we cannot bring fresh or freeze dried flowers onboard. I think your options would be to see if Disney floral can make a floral hair clip for you or to have a faux one made. I do think some brides have had silk or real feel flowers done so they may be able to advise you as to where to get something made.

Evi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2012, 11:56 PM   #92
othello32
Getting better at this...

Thanks! I better find out! Better to be safe then sorry.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evi View Post
I may be mistaken but based on my conversations with Shanda at DFTW we cannot bring fresh or freeze dried flowers onboard. I think your options would be to see if Disney floral can make a floral hair clip for you or to have a faux one made. I do think some brides have had silk or real feel flowers done so they may be able to advise you as to where to get something made.
othello32 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-01-2012, 06:04 PM   #93
lescal79
Mouseketeer

Future brides: Did you get your email from Shanda saying that she is moving on to a new career role on Monday, June 4th????
Old 06-01-2012, 08:09 PM   #94
Evi
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by lescal79 View Post
Future brides: Did you get your email from Shanda saying that she is moving on to a new career role on Monday, June 4th????
Ive seen the positions of wedding coordinators change every so often. I'm sure the new coordinator will contact you soon. Is your wedding coming up soon?

Old 06-01-2012, 10:46 PM   #95
lescal79
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evi View Post
Ive seen the positions of wedding coordinators change every so often. I'm sure the new coordinator will contact you soon. Is your wedding coming up soon?
Oh, really? Not until April 18, 2013.
Old 06-01-2012, 11:26 PM   #96
Evi
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Oh, really? Not until April 18, 2013.
I think one of the park based planners changed earlier in the year. Don't quote me I'm not 100% on that but I don't think its that big a deal. I think Disney is really good about putting everything to paper and at your 45 day out mark or so they go over everything again and then send your info to the onboard coordinator.

I was actually having a conversation today with a recent disney groom and he was saying how he was so worried but in the end they went over everything with him and the wedding was perfect. I also get the same vibe for the most part on the boards. Considering you've got almost a year to go I'm sure it will give you plenty of time to get to know the new wedding planner and convey your ideas. I'm taking this as an opportunity to pose any new questions I have when I'm contacted by them.

Old 06-02-2012, 12:05 AM   #97
lexis
Mouseketeer

Evi, I was stressed out worrying about details but as you said Disney keeps track of everything. you will be able to complete your packet and resend it as many times as needed.
lexis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2012, 11:44 AM   #98
Maleficent73
Earning My Ears

Quote:
I have been lurking on this board for about a year since I booked my CC wedding last June. All of the information has been extremely helpful. Glad to have finally find the new thread; I was wondering what happened to you all

Since we are getting married on the 14 July 2012 Eastern Fantasy sailing, and anxiously awaiting our 45 day out wedding confirmation docs, I was definitely freaked out when I got the e-mail from Shanda I feel like she could have said something a few weeks ago when I e-mailed her my packet; it would have been more comforting. We are pretty low maintenance and only have 16 people total in my wedding group, so I'm sure everything will work out fine, but being in limbo this close to my sail date is definitely an added stressor.

With regard to the marriage license, we went through license to marry even though I had read on the old thread we could do it for less through Brevard county. Ryan is awesome! Although it is $193, the ease and speed with which the transactions were handled was worth the premium IMHO. Since it is a legal transaction, you do have to ensure that things are done the right way, and attention to detail is important; nothing like having something delayed by the court because you inadvertently missed a signature or left a blank unfilled. As an extremely busy single mom, my peace of mind that everything was being handled was worth the extra dough

Don't know if I'll have a whole lot more to say prior to sailing, but I'll definitely post about our experience when I return. If anyone has specific questions they'd like me to have answers to, please ask and I'll make sure to ask/make note of those things during our trip.

Congrats to everyone!

Emily

2011 MR on the Wonder, 2012 Fantasy Wedding at Castaway Cay, 2013 Magical Med

Maleficent73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2012, 12:36 PM   #99
Evi
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maleficent73 View Post
I have been lurking on this board for about a year since I booked my CC wedding last June. All of the information has been extremely helpful. Glad to have finally find the new thread; I was wondering what happened to you all

Since we are getting married on the 14 July 2012 Eastern Fantasy sailing, and anxiously awaiting our 45 day out wedding confirmation docs, I was definitely freaked out when I got the e-mail from Shanda I feel like she could have said something a few weeks ago when I e-mailed her my packet; it would have been more comforting. We are pretty low maintenance and only have 16 people total in my wedding group, so I'm sure everything will work out fine, but being in limbo this close to my sail date is definitely an added stressor.

With regard to the marriage license, we went through license to marry even though I had read on the old thread we could do it for less through Brevard county. Ryan is awesome! Although it is $193, the ease and speed with which the transactions were handled was worth the premium IMHO. Since it is a legal transaction, you do have to ensure that things are done the right way, and attention to detail is important; nothing like having something delayed by the court because you inadvertently missed a signature or left a blank unfilled. As an extremely busy single mom, my peace of mind that everything was being handled was worth the extra dough

Don't know if I'll have a whole lot more to say prior to sailing, but I'll definitely post about our experience when I return. If anyone has specific questions they'd like me to have answers to, please ask and I'll make sure to ask/make note of those things during our trip.

Congrats to everyone!

Emily
Congratulations Emily!! You must be so excited with your date coming up so soon. I'll look forward to reading your trip report. Remember to have fun..

Old 06-02-2012, 01:27 PM   #100
Guineveree
Landing in a Field of Dreams

Wedding Coordinator transition

I too got the email from Shanda....and i'm getting married in exactly 14 days!!

Needless to say i'm a little stressed out. This transition has been handled rather poorly. At least they could have said: Shanda is out, now X is in. I was told I'd get an additional communication from DFTW to confirm everything, and i haven't got anything yet.

I guess I'll have to call this incoming Monday and hope that (1) I will be able to talk to someone who has access to my file; and (2) all the paper was filled out with DCL and (3) everything will go well.

Freaking 'Veree.....

Guineveree

Guineveree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2012, 05:28 PM   #101
lexis
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guineveree View Post
I too got the email from Shanda....and i'm getting married in exactly 14 days!!

Needless to say i'm a little stressed out. This transition has been handled rather poorly. At least they could have said: Shanda is out, now X is in. I was told I'd get an additional communication from DFTW to confirm everything, and i haven't got anything yet.

I guess I'll have to call this incoming Monday and hope that (1) I will be able to talk to someone who has access to my file; and (2) all the paper was filled out with DCL and (3) everything will go well.

Freaking 'Veree.....
Do not stress out. Once you get to the port you will have excellent service. As long as your packet is in and has been filled out as you want it you should not have any issues.
lexis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2012, 05:28 PM   #102
lescal79
Mouseketeer

Congratulations to you! You must be getting excited!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maleficent73 View Post

Congrats to everyone!

Emily
Old 06-03-2012, 08:57 AM   #103
love2travel
DIS Veteran

I got the email from Shanda. My vow renewal is at the end of June on DCL and I'm not worried. I know how Disney handles everything and I'm sure it will all go smoothly. I wish Shanda all the best, she did a great job!
love2travel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2012, 02:37 PM   #104
csidisney
Mouseketeer

I have a question for the DCL brides...according to what I am reading on this thread, its $20 per person extra for any guests over the amount included in the package (which I believe is 8 guests). What exactly are you paying the $20 for? A chair at the ceremony? A slice of cake? My brother got engaged on DCL and they are thinking about a DCL wedding, and they are pricing things out. They just want to know exactly what they are getting. They will call the wedding dept this week, but I said I'd check on here.
csidisney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2012, 05:36 PM   #105
Thecrow51
Earning My Ears

Hello

From what I understand the $20pp extra is to cover transportation to and from Castaway Cay wedding location on the tram (if they do a castaway cay ceremony) extra cake and extra champagne/cider.

Hope that helps.

Ever since I booked my wedding (October 10th-13th 2013 sailing of the Dream) Ive been Cruise wedding obsessed and trying to absorb any and all info and have read almost all PJ & TR for anyone who had a Castaway Cay wedding or VR.
Thecrow51 is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: