Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Weddings and Honeymoons
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-11-2013, 11:34 PM   #856
VowRenewal13
Mouseketeer

Jodi,
I asked the onboard wedding coordinator the names of the servers. He left envelopes for me in my stateroom with their names on them. I gave cash in the envelope with a short thank you note. There were two servers. I wish that I had cards to give them at the ceremony. That way I wouldn't have had to track them down afterwards.
Old 09-11-2013, 11:53 PM   #857
1EvilQueenfan
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by VowRenewal13 View Post
Jodi,
I asked the onboard wedding coordinator the names of the servers. He left envelopes for me in my stateroom with their names on them. I gave cash in the envelope with a short thank you note. There were two servers. I wish that I had cards to give them at the ceremony. That way I wouldn't have had to track them down afterwards.
Linda,

Thank you for the info! I'll be sure to pack a few thank you cards to take with us.

Where was your ceremony held on the ship? Was the day of the ceremony crazy? Did you get your hair done at the salon?
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-12-2013, 12:44 AM   #858
VowRenewal13
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1EvilQueenfan View Post

Linda,

Thank you for the info! I'll be sure to pack a few thank you cards to take with us.

Where was your ceremony held on the ship? Was the day of the ceremony crazy? Did you get your hair done at the salon?
Jodi,
My ceremony was at the Outlook on the ship. It was on Nassau day (day 2). I had my hair and makeup done at the spa. Since it was only my children and grandchildren I didn't have to worry about taking care of guests. I didn't think it was hectic at all.
Old 09-12-2013, 08:10 AM   #859
1EvilQueenfan
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by VowRenewal13 View Post

Jodi,
My ceremony was at the Outlook on the ship. It was on Nassau day (day 2). I had my hair and makeup done at the spa. Since it was only my children and grandchildren I didn't have to worry about taking care of guests. I didn't think it was hectic at all.
Linda,
That's awesome that you were able to get your makeup done at the spa! How did you go about setting that up. I was told it isn't a guarantee and that they usually don't offer that service but have heard of people getting it done. I would prefer to have someone else do my makeup but I'm still going to practice incase it's not available! Sounds like you had a nice day. We also have a small guest list so I don't think it's going to be too bad
Old 09-12-2013, 10:50 AM   #860
VowRenewal13
Mouseketeer

Jodi,
Go to the spa after you get settled on the ship. Confirm your hair appointment and make an appointment for makeup. They do your makeup after your hair appointment. You need to bring your own makeup, they do not supply any. The girl who did my hair also did my makeup. I was very happy with the results.
Old 09-13-2013, 10:07 PM   #861
1EvilQueenfan
Mouseketeer

Linda,

Thank you so much! I will do that
Old 09-14-2013, 03:00 AM   #862
cinderellabride44
Earning My Ears

I'm getting excited because in 2 months from today, I'll be in Miami!! I can't wait till our wedding cruise! Hopefully we will get our wedding date and location in about 2 weeks. Absolutely no idea where the ceremony will be held since they're re-doing the Magic. I'm hoping an amazing spot opens up.
cinderellabride44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2013, 10:26 AM   #863
sbassgva
A Pirate in every sense of the word!

Cinderella ; congrats! My cruise is about two weeks after yours. We are definitely bummed over deck 7...just got word that they will be putting generators there....what a waste!! So like you our plans are all up in the air! But yes, so excited. Our gift bags were completed last week. Keep us posted as you learn more.
sbassgva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2013, 10:33 AM   #864
sorceressk
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbassgva View Post
Cinderella ; congrats! My cruise is about two weeks after yours. We are definitely bummed over deck 7...just got word that they will be putting generators there....what a waste!! So like you our plans are all up in the air! But yes, so excited. Our gift bags were completed last week. Keep us posted as you learn more.
Deck 7 weddings always look so amazing in pix--it's really too bad. But if I know Disney, I bet they'll figure out an even more beautiful space!
Old 09-14-2013, 08:09 PM   #865
cinderellabride44
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbassgva View Post
Congrats!! Generators? Boo! How boring!! I'm so bad about wedding planning, I haven't even started my gift bags yet. I'm not sure what to do in the gift bags haha. I don't feel like there is much planning to do with the DCL weddings so I ended up putting everything off till right now. I finally turned my packet in! yay!
cinderellabride44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2013, 10:23 PM   #866
CinderellasSister
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by sorceressk View Post
November
We've just decided to plan ours for Nov 2015 as well. Waiting patiently for the 2015 dates.
Old 09-15-2013, 09:20 AM   #867
sorceressk
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by CinderellasSister View Post

We've just decided to plan ours for Nov 2015 as well. Waiting patiently for the 2015 dates.
At least you are being patient! I am not so patient ...checking everyday. Lol
Old 09-15-2013, 11:28 PM   #868
ciadriamom
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by sorceressk View Post
At least you are being patient! I am not so patient ...checking everyday. Lol
sorceressk ~~ I'm with you on the not so patiently waiting. Lots of November weddings for 2015, it's gonna be exciting.
ciadriamom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2013, 11:47 PM   #869
1EvilQueenfan
Mouseketeer

Linda,

I had another question- did they charge you extra to apply your own makeup? If so how much?

Thanks again
Old 09-16-2013, 04:27 PM   #870
VowRenewal13
Mouseketeer

Jodi,

It costs $75 to do your makeup. Plus there is an 18% tip automatically added in ($13.50). It was worth it to me that day. Ordinarily I would do my own makeup.

Linda

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: