Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Weddings and Honeymoons
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read





Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 06-29-2013, 10:12 AM   #736
katieisawesome
Earning My Ears
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 18

Hello everyone! My name is Katie, and i'm so excited, the future husband and I just put our down payment for our Disney wedding cruise aboard the Dream for the June 22-26th 2014 sailing! I have a million and one questions but I want to make sure I read through the entire thread before I ask anything that might have been answered already! I've been trying to scout out good videos that show the ceremony aboard the ship.. a lot of the youtube videos I've watched have been more along the lines of a slideshow of pictures.. and I was curious to see how they "Disneyfy" the music during the wedding. I can't wait to get to know and learn from all of you!
__________________
katieisawesome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2013, 04:59 PM   #737
DisneyBride1214
Mouseketeer
 
DisneyBride1214's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Cortland IL
Posts: 141

Hi Disney Brides! I am on a hunt looking for Brides or anybody that will be on the same cruise as I am. I will be renewing my vows...but I should say that it is full Disney Dream Wedding. I have never had a wedding so know I am getting my full Princess wedding. Well back on track know....I will and my whole crew be on the Disney Dream December 15-19 2014.

I am getting myself involved in so many things for this cruise not only am I getting married I will be involved in the FE on the ship. I have 6 grand kids that would love to get involved in that.

Can't wait to here from anybody that is going to be on that cruise
__________________




DisneyBride1214 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 06-30-2013, 10:32 AM   #738
sbassgva
A Pirate in every sense of the word!
 
sbassgva's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: North Carolina
Posts: 91

Disney Magic changes affecting plans?

Was wondering if anyone out there has plans for the Magic after the big dry dock refurbishment. I've been told that deck 7 will no longer be an option. Anyone have any ideas? I hope they won't move all ceremonies inside!
sbassgva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2013, 05:05 AM   #739
Fifitrixabellee
Earning My Ears
 
Fifitrixabellee's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Oxfordshire UK
Posts: 59

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbassgva View Post
Was wondering if anyone out there has plans for the Magic after the big dry dock refurbishment. I've been told that deck 7 will no longer be an option. Anyone have any ideas? I hope they won't move all ceremonies inside!
I do hope that's not true. I had my heart set on marrying out on deck 7. I've had no notification from Meredith to say I couldn't. How do you know this?
Thanks
Fifitrixabellee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2013, 11:40 AM   #740
bsusanmb
DIS Veteran
 
bsusanmb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Near Hershey PA
Posts: 2,091

Quote:
Originally Posted by katieisawesome View Post
Hello everyone! My name is Katie, and i'm so excited, the future husband and I just put our down payment for our Disney wedding cruise aboard the Dream for the June 22-26th 2014 sailing! I have a million and one questions but I want to make sure I read through the entire thread before I ask anything that might have been answered already! I've been trying to scout out good videos that show the ceremony aboard the ship.. a lot of the youtube videos I've watched have been more along the lines of a slideshow of pictures.. and I was curious to see how they "Disneyfy" the music during the wedding. I can't wait to get to know and learn from all of you!
My husband and I were married on the Magic on June 2. It was magical for sure. You will be given a list of songs that the pianist can play. Some are Disney songs and some are traditional wedding songs. You can also bring a CD to play whatever you want. Meredith will send you the information. The wedding was beautiful and so was the cake, flowers, music, all of it, with one exception....the pictures. I think we are the only ones who had a problem. We paid for the Disney photographer on the ship and all of our pictures are over exposed and/or blurry except 3 or 4. Fortunately there were people above taking pictures and they forwarded them to us. They are so much better. We were treated like royalty the entire cruise. Everyone knew who we were as we were the only couple married that week on the cruise. So many people congratulated us, little girls wanted their pictures taken with us. It was amazing to feel so special. It was a dream come true, and I only had one month to plan it. Proposal May 1, wedding June 2!!! Enjoy your planning it so much fun. We got tee shirts printed "Soul" "Mate" with MM ears. DH wore the Mickey top hat with ears around the ship, and I wore my Minnie ears and veil. It was the only chance I had, so I took advantage of it! At Palo's our table was specially selected for dinner and for brunch, complete with our beautiful ivory roses, and our dining table was a private one in each dining room, just for the two of us. Fellow cruisers left magnets and notes on our door, and banners. Get in a FE group and let them know it is your wedding. Everyone loves a wedding!
Susan
__________________


bsusanmb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2013, 04:21 PM   #741
sbassgva
A Pirate in every sense of the word!
 
sbassgva's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: North Carolina
Posts: 91

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fifitrixabellee View Post
I do hope that's not true. I had my heart set on marrying out on deck 7. I've had no notification from Meredith to say I couldn't. How do you know this?
Thanks
Came via email from Meredith unfortunately. Anxious to know what the alternatives are. That information isn't available yet unfortunately.
sbassgva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2013, 02:11 PM   #742
bats
Enjoying Bahama Mama's
 
bats's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Kent, England
Posts: 1,313

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyBride1214 View Post
Hi Joan! We are going to get married on the ship when we are docked at Nassau. This is technically a renewal but I never had a true wedding. So I will be wearing the whole Princess gown with full train and veil and not to forget the tiara! I have 4 grown kids from a previous marriage ( no wedding) 6 grand kids and I am proud to say I am only 48!! So all the kids are going and some other family members. December of 2014 is not going to come quick enough!!
I'll be 43 when I get married next year!! No-one is too old for a wedding!
Joa

Quote:
Originally Posted by theemily View Post
Those are fantastic! Do you get to request specific favorite characters/movies, or are they just going to be anything & everything Disney-themed ? Either way, they're super cute! They'll make for awesome photos
You can either choose all the pictures yourself and send them to her, or you can give her the ideas and she'll scout the piccies out for you.
For the Australian wedding I'm going to, I've just told her to use pictures that show Perth, koalas, wedding rings, kangaroos etc. I should get them in the next 3 weeks so I'll come back to show a photo of them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by katieisawesome View Post
Hello everyone! My name is Katie, and i'm so excited, the future husband and I just put our down payment for our Disney wedding cruise aboard the Dream for the June 22-26th 2014 sailing! I have a million and one questions but I want to make sure I read through the entire thread before I ask anything that might have been answered already! I've been trying to scout out good videos that show the ceremony aboard the ship.. a lot of the youtube videos I've watched have been more along the lines of a slideshow of pictures.. and I was curious to see how they "Disneyfy" the music during the wedding. I can't wait to get to know and learn from all of you!
Welcome Katie and congratulations on your upcoming wedding. I think it's been answered, but you can choose your own music (on cd), or you can get the piano player to play a choice from DCL's list. Some brides have been abl to ask for music not on the list, others have not.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyBride1214 View Post
Hi Disney Brides! I am on a hunt looking for Brides or anybody that will be on the same cruise as I am. I will be renewing my vows...but I should say that it is full Disney Dream Wedding. I have never had a wedding so know I am getting my full Princess wedding. Well back on track know....I will and my whole crew be on the Disney Dream December 15-19 2014.

I am getting myself involved in so many things for this cruise not only am I getting married I will be involved in the FE on the ship. I have 6 grand kids that would love to get involved in that.

Can't wait to here from anybody that is going to be on that cruise
Congratulations!! We've done FEs a few times .. it's really good fun.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbassgva View Post
Came via email from Meredith unfortunately. Anxious to know what the alternatives are. That information isn't available yet unfortunately.
Oh that's a bummer for those wanting Deck 7.
__________________
Bats
Quality Inn International Apr 2003 - Magic Mouse Villa on Windsor Palms Apr 2006 - Hong Kong Disney Jan 2007 - Dibb villa & Disney Wonder Sept 2008 - Dibb villa for DBF's 40th Feb 2009 - Dibb villa Sept 2009 - Disneyland Paris Nov 2009 - Disneyland California Apr 2010 - Disney Magic 8 night Western Europe Jul 2010 - SSR Sept 2010 - Maiden Voyage on The Dream Jan 26th 2011 - Disney Magic Med cruise Aug 2011 - OKW Sept 2011 - AKV & Disney Dream Feb 2012 - SSR & Disney Fantasy Eastern Caribbean Oct 2012 - Disney Magic B2B Med Aug 2013 - Disney Magic Med May 2014 - Disney Magic WBTA & our wedding Sept 2014 Disney Magic 11 night Fjords/Iceland/Orkney Isles Jun 2015
bats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2013, 09:01 PM   #743
cruisn2castaway
Mouseketeer
 
cruisn2castaway's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Wisconsin
Posts: 84

I can't believe that we are to our 30 day mark for the wedding already. Heard back from Meredith that she got our confirmation. We should now be getting the confirmation from the ship in another 2 weeks when we are only 2 weeks out. It seems to be coming so quick now. Wedding rings are ordered and should be arriving the end of July. i have all of the magnets printed for the stateroom doors. I'm not doing any stateroom gifts since there will only be 10 of us total and between all of us we already have the necessities that need to be brought. I feel like I have everything ready to go (It's a really low key wedding for us). I hope I still feel this way in another couple of weeks.

Congrats to all the new cruise brides! Can't wait to hear about your planning.

Beth
cruisn2castaway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2013, 05:04 AM   #744
chris31997
Disney Kid at Heart
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 1,636

Beth, I'm sure time will fly by. I am sure it will be a magical and great time.
__________________


Chrissy
chris31997 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2013, 05:59 AM   #745
DisneyDmbNut

When You Wish Upon A Star...
WL Vet
 
DisneyDmbNut's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Two Hours South of the World
Posts: 12,916

I have a link in my signature.. It is a Deck 7 ceremony, but you could see how it turned out.

I hope they aren't doing away with deck 7 ceremony's... I didn't want to get married in the inside bar.. It was so perfect Nd intimate out there
__________________
DCL Wedding Video[url=http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1909625] DCL Vow Renewal Report

DisneyDmbNut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2013, 08:37 AM   #746
DisneyBride1214
Mouseketeer
 
DisneyBride1214's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Cortland IL
Posts: 141

Quote:
Originally Posted by cruisn2castaway View Post
I can't believe that we are to our 30 day mark for the wedding already. Heard back from Meredith that she got our confirmation. We should now be getting the confirmation from the ship in another 2 weeks when we are only 2 weeks out. It seems to be coming so quick now. Wedding rings are ordered and should be arriving the end of July. i have all of the magnets printed for the stateroom doors. I'm not doing any stateroom gifts since there will only be 10 of us total and between all of us we already have the necessities that need to be brought. I feel like I have everything ready to go (It's a really low key wedding for us). I hope I still feel this way in another couple of weeks.

Congrats to all the new cruise brides! Can't wait to hear about your planning.

Beth
I can't wait for that feeling. I still have a year and a half for that! You are going to have a wonderful magical time. Can't wait to hear and see pics of your wedding. Congratulations!!!
__________________




DisneyBride1214 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2013, 09:54 AM   #747
princess toria
Earning My Ears
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 42

disney dream wedding

we got married on the Disney dream on the 6th may this year and it was the most wonderful and magical day of our lives
we got married at meridian patio which is an outdoor venue and it was done lovely they couldn't do enough for us we were treated like royalty,
it was only the 2 of us but they made it even more special for us
we booked the Disney photographer and our photographer lee was the best, our photos are lovely,
I felt like a princess and was treated like one, when we went round the ship to have our photos taken every one was congratulating us, I would highly recommend Disney cruise weddings the only bad thing was it went far too fast but loved every minute of it (we were on a 4 night, 5 day cruise)
we also took part in the fe group and got some lovely presents that we will keep forever to remember our wedding on the ship
the ship is so beautiful and the staff were wonderful
princess toria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2013, 03:18 PM   #748
XxsmortzxX
Mouseketeer
 
XxsmortzxX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Temecula, CA
Posts: 109

:c

Hello! I have not posted on here in quite some time and I had hoped that when I do stop being lazy it would be a happier post.

While I finally got my dream career (police department) and was accepted into the training academy, it interferes with our wedding. This means we are canceling/postponing it. Now I have a bunch of welcome bags, bubba kegs with DCL stickers, magnets all sitting next to a wedding dress collecting dust.

I will be putting my PJ on hold, but I really wanted to let the DCL brides that have yet to select photographers know about the one I selected (who I just canceled for October 12, 2013 Fantasy Western C. cruise). She has excellent ratings on theknot.com and wedding magazine and numerous reviews from other wedding sites. She does boudoir(sp?) shoots and the pictures really did amazing. We were even going to do a few shots from my mother's wedding in mine as a sort of 'mother/daughter' gift for my mom. It would have been her first DisCruise Wedding and so all we had to do was pay for her cruise fare if we agreed to let her use the pictures on her business website here. If you are looking for a photographer, please consider her as I feel absolutely horrible about offering her an opportunity and then having to cancel it, not to mention she could have booked another wedding. She is so nice, lives in Florida, and is a WDW regular.

I will still be lurking around here until I can reopen my wedding PJ...
__________________
Our Second Attempt Wedding PJ: http://disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3282636

XxsmortzxX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2013, 06:21 PM   #749
chris31997
Disney Kid at Heart
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 1,636

Quote:
Originally Posted by XxsmortzxX View Post
Hello! I have not posted on here in quite some time and I had hoped that when I do stop being lazy it would be a happier post.

While I finally got my dream career (police department) and was accepted into the training academy, it interferes with our wedding. This means we are canceling/postponing it. Now I have a bunch of welcome bags, bubba kegs with DCL stickers, magnets all sitting next to a wedding dress collecting dust.

I will be putting my PJ on hold, but I really wanted to let the DCL brides that have yet to select photographers know about the one I selected (who I just canceled for October 12, 2013 Fantasy Western C. cruise). She has excellent ratings on theknot.com and wedding magazine and numerous reviews from other wedding sites. She does boudoir(sp?) shoots and the pictures really did amazing. We were even going to do a few shots from my mother's wedding in mine as a sort of 'mother/daughter' gift for my mom. It would have been her first DisCruise Wedding and so all we had to do was pay for her cruise fare if we agreed to let her use the pictures on her business website here. If you are looking for a photographer, please consider her as I feel absolutely horrible about offering her an opportunity and then having to cancel it, not to mention she could have booked another wedding. She is so nice, lives in Florida, and is a WDW regular.

I will still be lurking around here until I can reopen my wedding PJ...

Congrats on getting your dream job. That is awsome. Getting a job the you always wanted.

I'm sorry the job meant you had to postpone you DCL wedding. I hope that you can get back to planning it very soon.
__________________


Chrissy
chris31997 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2013, 07:44 PM   #750
cruisn2castaway
Mouseketeer
 
cruisn2castaway's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Wisconsin
Posts: 84

Quote:
Originally Posted by princess toria View Post
we got married on the Disney dream on the 6th may this year and it was the most wonderful and magical day of our lives
we got married at meridian patio which is an outdoor venue and it was done lovely they couldn't do enough for us we were treated like royalty,
it was only the 2 of us but they made it even more special for us
we booked the Disney photographer and our photographer lee was the best, our photos are lovely,
I felt like a princess and was treated like one, when we went round the ship to have our photos taken every one was congratulating us, I would highly recommend Disney cruise weddings the only bad thing was it went far too fast but loved every minute of it (we were on a 4 night, 5 day cruise)
we also took part in the fe group and got some lovely presents that we will keep forever to remember our wedding on the ship
the ship is so beautiful and the staff were wonderful
I'm glad to hear your wedding was wonderful. I would love to see some of your pictures if you don't mind. We also booked the Disney photographer becasue we couldn't afford to bring one for the cost of the Alaskan cruise. I hear some bad things about them on the boards and I am feeling better hearing that you had a great experience with them. We are also having an outdoor wedding on deck 7 since we will be sailing the Wonder this time. Are their any tips or advice I should know?

Thanks,
Beth
cruisn2castaway is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:48 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.

You Rated this Thread: