Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Weddings and Honeymoons
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-11-2012, 09:15 AM   #61
stl_figment
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBeanBunny View Post
The DFTW website is very vague about that, and I was just as surprised as you were about that "surprise" deposit you ALSO have to put down on the wedding package.... (the DFTW site makes it seem like ALL you need to reserve your wedding is the deposit on your stateroom! tsk tsk) While on the phone reserving our onboard wedding package, we had to scramble around to figure out where to get an extra $500 we weren't expecting to spend that day! Ah well, I guess it's just less I have to pay later on!
This has to be a recent change. We also only put a deposit on the cabin and were able to reserve the date.

stl_figment is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2012, 09:25 PM   #62
JBeanBunny
royal purple pigment

Quote:
Originally Posted by stl_figment View Post
This has to be a recent change. We also only put a deposit on the cabin and were able to reserve the date.
I booked in mid-September 2011, and we had to place the wedding deposit. The DFTW cast member seemed amazed that I was unaware of that second deposit. I told her verbatim what the website said (with a lack of "20% deposit required") and she still didn't believe me. I guess the DFTW cm's know more about WDW weddings than DCL weddings!
JBeanBunny is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-12-2012, 06:57 AM   #63
castmeaway
Mouseketeer

The current manager of Palo is Pietro; however, he won't be there when we cruise in September. We saw PJ in a white uniform from afar and was told he was now doing concierge.
castmeaway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2012, 01:37 AM   #64
Evi
DIS Veteran

Hello Ladies,

I was wondering if any of the cruise brides did oot bags? I know I read somewhere in the planning material that they can deliver them to the staterooms for you. But I'm wondering about lugging them onboard. How did you get your wedding stuff onboard. I'm not planning on bringing a ton but I'm thinking 28 oot bags will take a little space lol. Also has anyone have any photos from outlook ceremony that show the decoration? I'm wondering if there is anyway to incorporate my colors into the space.

Evi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2012, 05:47 AM   #65
lexis
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evi View Post
Hello Ladies,

I was wondering if any of the cruise brides did oot bags? I know I read somewhere in the planning material that they can deliver them to the staterooms for you. But I'm wondering about lugging them onboard. How did you get your wedding stuff onboard. I'm not planning on bringing a ton but I'm thinking 28 oot bags will take a little space lol. Also has anyone have any photos from outlook ceremony that show the decoration? I'm wondering if there is anyway to incorporate my colors into the space.
We carried on my wifes wedding dress, my tuxedo, and all of the wedding gifts. We did this by placing all of the gifts in a large box and then by putting then in a large duffel bag with wheels. We thoug about having gift delivered to the rooms but we got freh water pearls for the guys and wanted them to wear them for the ceremony on the second day so we handed out the gifts at dinner to guys and girls.

I would like to make a suggestion about boarding. Put luggage tags on before you get to the port. Whoever is driving should pull up to the curb of the port and hand over your checked luggage to the Disney employees standing on the curb. They will ask you to leave your luggage on the curb and it will loaded on to carts then taken to the ship. After you have done this you can go park in the garage. It is $75 but since you are carrying a giant dress it is worth the price. You can inform your guests of off sit parking that is $6 per day. Here is the link.

http://www.parkportcanaveral.com/directions/

They provide shuttle service to the port my whole party did it and it worked out just fine.

As far as outlook. You will most likely not have time to decorate the room. But if you just want the colors I may have a couple shots that my brother took. We are still waiting on professional photos. The outlook has very neutral colors kind of a beige so it will work with anything. The windows are huge and the light pours in them. My wife and I both agreed we were very happy we had our ceremony in outlook over castaway cay due to the heat.

Read my planning journal link is in my signature for some more tips. Good luck and if you have any questions feel free to ask. And don't worry Disney does an amazing job your wedding will go smoothly.
lexis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2012, 12:31 PM   #66
Evi
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by lexis View Post

Read my planning journal link is in my signature for some more tips. Good luck and if you have any questions feel free to ask. And don't worry Disney does an amazing job your wedding will go smoothly.
Thank you great information to have

Evi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2012, 01:50 PM   #67
csidisney
Mouseketeer

Hello to everyone and congrats to all of the future brides! We just did our VR May 15th. We were on board the Magic, and we opted to do our VR at Atlantis in the Bahamas. We had a fabulous pastor and photographer, and then we came back to the ship and had dinner at Palo. The next day, all of our guests had a blast swimming at Castaway. I am going to attempt to post a pic...still waiting on the pro ones. They are mailing me a disc of pictures
csidisney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2012, 02:24 PM   #68
Freckledginger
Mouseketeer

Beautiful photo!! Your dress is just gorgeous, and I can imagine that the Atlantis was an incredible backdrop for your VR. Congratulations, and thank you for sharing the picture!
Old 05-21-2012, 09:06 AM   #69
jenbear25
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by castmeaway View Post
The current manager of Palo is Pietro; however, he won't be there when we cruise in September. We saw PJ in a white uniform from afar and was told he was now doing concierge.
We got back from our wedding cruise yesterday. Yep, PJ is in concierge; he was so sweet to us.
Old 05-21-2012, 12:44 PM   #70
Davids-Coco
Sometimes my inner monologue isn't so inner

Lovely! Hope you had a wonderful time!
Old 05-21-2012, 02:37 PM   #71
csidisney
Mouseketeer

Congrats JenBear!
csidisney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2012, 11:45 AM   #72
cruisindisney2007
Earning My Ears

Marriage License Question

Has anyone gone directly through the Courthouse in Florida to obtain their wedding license instead of using The Wedding Experience?
cruisindisney2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2012, 12:13 PM   #73
flawlessdreams
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by cruisindisney2007 View Post
Has anyone gone directly through the Courthouse in Florida to obtain their wedding license instead of using The Wedding Experience?
yes we did. The day we got into Orlando we went gave our luggage to your parents who were taking the magical express and then took a Taxi to the Orange Co. Court House. It was a simple process. it takes around 1 1/2 to 2 hours(well it did for us) we went on a thursday afternoon around 1:00. Overall a very easy process
flawlessdreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2012, 01:39 PM   #74
cruisindisney2007
Earning My Ears

Thank you. I think we will be doing that instead of going through a service.
cruisindisney2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2012, 01:56 PM   #75
lurkyloo
The Attic was just perfect
OK, apparently I've been living under a rock

Quote:
Originally Posted by cruisindisney2007 View Post
Those non-Florida residents who do want to obtain the license by mail can get it from Brevard County for FREE (just the cost of the license) and do nothing more than they would do if they paid The Wedding Experience's hefty surcharge.

I'm not sure why Disney doesn't tell couples this, unless they're getting kickbacks from TWE.
lurkyloo is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: