Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Weddings and Honeymoons
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-01-2013, 06:16 AM   #586
bats
Enjoying Bahama Mama's

Quote:
Originally Posted by cruisn2castaway View Post
Hi,

We're thinking of getting married on our Alaskan cruise this august. Has anyone else been married or planning a wedding on the wonder or in Alaska. I'm kind of nervous about the weather that we can expect or what the ship is like. We have only cruised on the Dream before and not sure what to expect from the classic ships. Thanks!

Liz
Congrats on your potential Alaskan wedding!
I certainly wouldn't worry about the Classics ships not being up to the Dreams standard. They're very different, but both lovely.
My mum cruised Alaska and wore a tshirt onboard, only putting on layers when they got off the ship, so I guess the temperature was ok.

If the weather turns, they will always have a suitable indoor venue for you, so don't worry about that.

On the Classics, and depending on what numbers you have, I'd go for Secret Deck 7. It's a fantastic place, very private and if you get the view right .. OMG,, that would be something else! I'm picturing you both getting married with glaciers behind you!!
Here's a couple of pictures of Secret Deck 7 ...

Quality Inn International Apr 2003 - Magic Mouse Villa on Windsor Palms Apr 2006 - Hong Kong Disney Jan 2007 - Dibb villa & Disney Wonder Sept 2008 - Dibb villa for DBF's 40th Feb 2009 - Dibb villa Sept 2009 - Disneyland Paris Nov 2009 - Disneyland California Apr 2010 - Disney Magic 8 night Western Europe Jul 2010 - SSR Sept 2010 - Maiden Voyage on The Dream Jan 26th 2011 - Disney Magic Med cruise Aug 2011 - OKW Sept 2011 - AKV & Disney Dream Feb 2012 - SSR & Disney Fantasy Eastern Caribbean Oct 2012 - Disney Magic B2B Med Aug 2013 - Disney Magic Med May 2014 - Disney Magic WBTA & our wedding Sept 2014 Disney Magic 11 night Fjords/Iceland/Orkney Isles Jun 2015
bats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 07:23 PM   #587
bonnieappetit
Mouseketeer

Does anyone know if you can bring your own notary public to just have a quick ceremony at port before the ship sails and skip the Disney wedding package all together?
bonnieappetit is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-04-2013, 10:45 AM   #588
JBeanBunny
royal purple pigment

Quote:
Originally Posted by bonnieappetit
Does anyone know if you can bring your own notary public to just have a quick ceremony at port before the ship sails and skip the Disney wedding package all together?
Yikes! That's a tricky one! My gut feeling says "probably not" but you never know. If you contact DFTW's I'm almost certain they would say no, because they want to sell you that package. They're very strict about certain rules and they run every location at the port and on the ship on a tight schedule. Good luck with your search! I hope you find the information you're looking for! Be sure to let us know what you find out!!!
JBeanBunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 01:08 PM   #589
lurkyloo
The Attic was just perfect
OK, apparently I've been living under a rock

I'm sure it would be fine. We've had couples on this board who took Disney cruises and then did the actual ceremony on one of the islands during a shore day. It's not like you're going to go stage a covert wedding in Outlook during the cruise or something. But, like Jillian said, I'm not sure where all a non-passenger (like the notary) is allowed to go in the terminal on embarkation day.

Alternatively, could you just go to the courthouse beforehand?
lurkyloo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 03:04 PM   #590
lorimay
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Hi,

We're thinking of getting married on our Alaskan cruise this august. Has anyone else been married or planning a wedding on the wonder or in Alaska. I'm kind of nervous about the weather that we can expect or what the ship is like. We have only cruised on the Dream before and not sure what to expect from the classic ships. Thanks!

Liz
That sounds so beautiful.
I hope we are on the same August cruise, so I can see you and the amazing background you will have.
lorimay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 07:35 PM   #591
cruisn2castaway
Mouseketeer

Lorimay, When are you going to Alaska? We are on the August 5 sailing.

Liz
cruisn2castaway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 06:05 PM   #592
adisneytattoo91
Practically Perfect in Every Way

some of my own

VERY late. I got married on the Disney Dream on October 15th, 2012. I couldn't figure out how to upload pictures on here until now. So I figured I'd share my story with those of you who love Disney as much as I do!

Here's my first photo, of myself getting ready. My mother, and two bridesmaids were all getting ready in my mother's Oceanview Stateroom with Verandah.

Now here's a photo of my very nervous DH. He was getting ready in our room, Oceanview Stateroom with Port Hole. We absolutely loved this window!!

All finished getting ready! We were docked in Nassau, and it was a very very sunny day. Not to mention my mom was a mess, which made me cry haha!

Here's my still nervous DH standing at the altar. Look at the beautiful view we had in the lookout!

Here's my wedding party, a great shot of us and Captain Henry! (From left to right, Bridesmaid Kayleigh, Bridesmaid Maria, Myself, DH, Step father Rich, Grandfather Joe and my father Chris. None of DH family was well enough to attend, so my family stepped in and stood beside him)

Adding this picture to show you the mens boutineers! They were carefully handmade by me. Disney only provides one for the groom, so I wanted the groomsmen to have their own personal touch, so I made them out of seashells!

A very smitten me during our ring exchange

Putting the wedding band on! My favorite picture!

Finishing up my vows during a very sunny sundown

Pronouncing me the New Mrs. Loy!

Our after picture with Captain Henry! A rushed picture, because he had to get us out of port in Nassau and we were expected to leave within the next 8 minutes.

Our cake table setup

A sundown picture on deck 12

Having some serious wind and veil issues

Just made sundown

A picture including the man himself!

Had to take the Cinderella photo op!

The beautiful staircase of the beloved Dream

WDW 2007 BoardWalk
WDW 2011 Beach Club Villas
WDW 2012 All Star Music
DCL 2012 Disney Dream - Bahamas
Disney Fairytale Wedding 2012
WDW 2012 Coronado Springs
WDW 2012 Port Orleans Riverside
DCL 2013 Disney Dream
WDW 2013 Caribbean Beach
adisneytattoo91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 06:10 PM   #593
adisneytattoo91
Practically Perfect in Every Way

Quote:
Originally Posted by bonnieappetit View Post

As long as you are LEGALLY married beforehand, it'll be okay. The captain won't do the ceremony to unmarried couples.

WDW 2007 BoardWalk
WDW 2011 Beach Club Villas
WDW 2012 All Star Music
DCL 2012 Disney Dream - Bahamas
Disney Fairytale Wedding 2012
WDW 2012 Coronado Springs
WDW 2012 Port Orleans Riverside
DCL 2013 Disney Dream
WDW 2013 Caribbean Beach
adisneytattoo91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 06:16 PM   #594
ketwinn
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by adisneytattoo91
VERY late. I got married on the Disney Dream on October 15th, 2012. I couldn't figure out how to upload pictures on here until now. So I figured I'd share my story with those of you who love Disney as much as I do!

Here's my first photo, of myself getting ready. My mother, and two bridesmaids were all getting ready in my mother's Oceanview Stateroom with Verandah.

Now here's a photo of my very nervous DH. He was getting ready in our room, Oceanview Stateroom with Port Hole. We absolutely loved this window!!

All finished getting ready! We were docked in Nassau, and it was a very very sunny day. Not to mention my mom was a mess, which made me cry haha!

Here's my still nervous DH standing at the altar. Look at the beautiful view we had in the lookout!

Here's my wedding party, a great shot of us and Captain Henry! (From left to right, Bridesmaid Kayleigh, Bridesmaid Maria, Myself, DH, Step father Rich, Grandfather Joe and my father Chris. None of DH family was well enough to attend, so my family stepped in and stood beside him)

Adding this picture to show you the mens boutineers! They were carefully handmade by me. Disney only provides one for the groom, so I wanted the groomsmen to have their own personal touch, so I made them out of seashells!

A very smitten me during our ring exchange

Putting the wedding band on! My favorite picture!

Finishing up my vows during a very sunny sundown

Pronouncing me the New Mrs. Loy!

Our after picture with Captain Henry! A rushed picture, because he had to get us out of port in Nassau and we were expected to leave within the next 8 minutes.

Our cake table setup

A sundown picture on deck 12

Having some serious wind and veil issues

Just made sundown

A picture including the man himself!

Had to take the Cinderella photo op!

The beautiful staircase of the beloved Dream
Love the ink! I have two sleeves myself. One side all princesses and the other all villains. Love Disney Ink
Congrats BTW!!
ketwinn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 11:43 AM   #595
tellemarie
Mousejunkie!

Quick question, brides! I know in the past customs didn't have a problem with taking the bouquet off the ship (since it was made state-side), however I've heard of a lot of brides recently that weren't allowed to bring theirs off. Is this the case now? I'd really wanted to preserve my bouquet so I'd rather just get a paper bouquet if I can't bring home the real one!

Thanks!

Recent trips:
August 2009 - Old Key West @ WDW; January 2011 - POP @ WDW; November 2011 - Offsite @ WDW; February 2012 - POFQ/AKL Jambo; October 2012 - POR. January 2013 - AKL Jambo.
DVC Member since 2012 @ SS & VGF

tellemarie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 07:52 PM   #596
lorimay
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Lorimay, When are you going to Alaska? We are on the August 5 sailing.

Liz
We are thinking August 26th or Sept. 2nd.
Nothing final yet.

I'm so looking forward to it.

Have a wonderful time.
lorimay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 12:30 PM   #597
1EvilQueenfan
Mouseketeer

We are booked for an onboard ceremony on the Dream sailing January 19, 2014. Just wanted to say thanks to Jillian, Ginger and all of the DCL brides for all your help and insight.
Old 02-16-2013, 09:58 PM   #598
DisDiana
Mouseketeer

I have a quick question if you guys don't mind chiming in: how did you handle/are you handling a reception back home if you have close friends and family that couldn't afford/aren't well enough to join you on your wedding cruise?

We're from Michigan and some friends and family are not able to join us on our destination wedding to the Bahamas. We consciously chose a more affordable cruise so we could have friends and family join us, but we're not naive enough to believe everyone will be able to make it.

I don't want to leave anyone out of the celebration, but we have a tight budget. So with 14 months left to plan, I'm wondering what everyone did?

Thanks in advance!

Diana
DCL Dream 2011, 2013, 2014 | DCL Fantasy 2013
DLR 2011, 2012

DisDiana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 10:00 PM   #599
JBeanBunny
royal purple pigment

I just got off of the Wonder today ( I hate disembarkation day! SO depressing!) I know somebody (either here or on fb) was asking about the Cadillac Lounge, but I don't remember who... I took some photos if you want to see them, whoever you are... Let me know!

Quote:
Originally Posted by adisneytattoo91 View Post
I love your photos! So gorgeous! Thanks for sharing! Captain Henry married us too- I loved him, he's so sweet! I'm also a huge fan of Disney Ink, but I don't have any of my own (it's really hard to commit to tattoos when I work somewhere that I can't have it showing! Working for such a large company () you never know what role you may end up in and how much your skin will end up being exposed...) I am thinking of doing a Mickey and Minnie coverup- one on each hip Maybe I'll consider going more adventurous!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ketwinn View Post
Love the ink! I have two sleeves myself. One side all princesses and the other all villains. Love Disney Ink
Congrats BTW!!
LOVE the Princess vs Villains theme! Too cool!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1EvilQueenfan View Post
We are booked for an onboard ceremony on the Dream sailing January 19, 2014. Just wanted to say thanks to Jillian, Ginger and all of the DCL brides for all your help and insight.
CONGRATS!!! I'm very excited for you! Let any of us former DCL brides know if you have ANY questions and don't hesitate to update us on your planning process, too! Kudos on your onboard choice- I loved mine!
JBeanBunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 08:47 AM   #600
dclwonderprincess
Mouseketeer

Jillian I am the one who wanted pictures of the Cadillac Lounge.

As for the question about receptions, I'm having an at home reception the week after I get home from our honeymoon. I rented a community center near FD's family since they are a larger group than my own family. I ordered a combination of cake & cupcakes and will use my cake topper from the cruise. I cater for extra money so I'm doing all off the food with the assistance of a friend. I'm also making all of the decorations, I love mason jars so it 's a burlap & lace theme with mason jars. I made my invitations and RSVP cards, I love when hobby lobby has sales. I think my reception is going to cost me $500 total. When we registered at Target, they gave me a shutterfly coupon that I'm going to use to make the guest book with using pictures from the cruise.
August 2014 - Alaska on the Wonder
May 2015 - Eastern Caribbean on the Fantasy
December 2015 - Bahamas on the Wonder
dclwonderprincess is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: