Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Weddings and Honeymoons
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-30-2012, 07:22 PM   #46
lurkyloo
The Attic was just perfect
OK, apparently I've been living under a rock

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evi View Post

You have completely summed up what I've thought and felt when I call them. I would have used different words but I think yours convey the emotion perfectly while still maintaining some poise. Thank you.

+ (for the bad experience)
lurkyloo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 10:50 PM   #47
Davids-Coco
Sometimes my inner monologue isn't so inner

You guys are awesome! From what I gleaned, I figured I'd have to talk someone into it onboard but I so appreciate you all.

I am officially booked and waiting for the call from DFTW. Trying to make some hard choices on bringing our long time photographer. And having a hard time with considering myself a bride after so many years of marriage.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-05-2012, 02:19 PM   #48
othello32
Getting better at this...

VR on the Dream in less than two months!

Hi Everyone! So happy to have found this thread! I'm renewing my vows with my DH in less then two months on the Dream at Castaway Cay! I can't wait. I hope everything goes smoothly. Have to read all the replys to make sure I got all the tips. Thanks!
othello32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2012, 12:24 PM   #49
Evi
DIS Veteran

Hi all,

Any brides have the later onboard ceremony at 5:30pm followed by an 8pm dinner on pirates night? (I believe this only happens on a 3day) I'm wondering did you find the ship super crowded for taking photos in other areas? Did you eat at Palos or dining rotation? Did you feel dinner was rushed to make it to fireworks? Sorry this is my main concern since I don't want to do the early ceremony and really want this later slot but just can't wrap my head around how this will work. Do you feel that your guest missed out on pirate night stuff. I think I've asked this all before but haven't gotten an answer yet.

Thanks all

Evi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2012, 01:11 PM   #50
JBeanBunny
royal purple pigment

I'm so glad I finally found the new page! I'm horrible at navigating DIS when I'm looking for something

I've got 55 days until final payments are due and 130 days until we set sail on the Dream on September 13th! I still haven't touched my wedding packet or linked my guest rooms together (I've got 50+ guests!) but I'm getting all sorts of favor-related crafts accomplished! (custom favor bags, door magnets, post-it-note holders, handmade mickey soaps, etc!) My dress just arrived recently, but I have to fly from Orlando to Chicago for fittings, and I finally got enough time off to schedule my first fitting later this month! I also bought a Cinderella Castle cake topper from Arribas at DTD! After booking this cruise last september, I feel like I'm finally getting things accomplished!

Check out my PJ, I just added a zillion photos the other day

Happy Planning, everyone!
JBeanBunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2012, 11:14 AM   #51
castmeaway
Mouseketeer

Our son will be getting married on CC in September, and wanted to have all their guests at Palo that evening. We were on the Fantasy 2 weeks ago, and talked to the Palo manager who told us it would not be a problem and to let the land coordinator know. Our son advised Shanda, and she replied that it was confirmed. All of the guests are adults so this will be a great ending to a wonderful day. They were able to do this because the last night is slow at Palo; therefore if you interested in a Palo dining experience for your guests, ask.
castmeaway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2012, 04:52 PM   #52
disDaily
Earning My Ears

Jumping in here!

Ok so I have been lurking for a couple of months now. We were engaged on a preview sailing of the Fantasy on March 11th. We are now planning on a cruise wedding. I am thinking the Feb 3 sailing of the Dream. I certainly would appreciate any ideas or help you all ca give.
disDaily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2012, 05:48 PM   #53
DisneyDmbNut

When You Wish Upon A Star...
WL Vet

Quote:
Originally Posted by castmeaway View Post
Our son will be getting married on CC in September, and wanted to have all their guests at Palo that evening. We were on the Fantasy 2 weeks ago, and talked to the Palo manager who told us it would not be a problem and to let the land coordinator know. Our son advised Shanda, and she replied that it was confirmed. All of the guests are adults so this will be a great ending to a wonderful day. They were able to do this because the last night is slow at Palo; therefore if you interested in a Palo dining experience for your guests, ask.
who was the manager at Palo?
DisneyDmbNut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2012, 01:47 PM   #54
MonorailPilotMulan
Making Magic For Three Years

Just wanted to let everyone know that we have just got back from our beautiful wedding on Castaway Cay! It was a b wonderful experience and an amazing trip! Can't wait to post pictures once we get back from the honeymoon on the 23rd!
Old 05-10-2012, 03:14 PM   #55
lescal79
Mouseketeer

Recent Brides - I know I saw a post on here somewhere, possibly the old thread ...

We booked our cruise and put the deposit down. When I called to have the package added, they told me that we needed the additional 20% of the wedding fee also. Is this a true statement, or should I call back later and talk to someone else? I thought I had read on here that it was not required.
Old 05-10-2012, 04:31 PM   #56
Evi
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by lescal79 View Post
Recent Brides - I know I saw a post on here somewhere, possibly the old thread ...

We booked our cruise and put the deposit down. When I called to have the package added, they told me that we needed the additional 20% of the wedding fee also. Is this a true statement, or should I call back later and talk to someone else? I thought I had read on here that it was not required.
When we originally booked we had to place a deposit on the cabin and on the wedding otherwise they will not reserve the wedding date.

Evi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2012, 07:10 PM   #57
lescal79
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evi View Post
When we originally booked we had to place a deposit on the cabin and on the wedding otherwise they will not reserve the wedding date.
Ok, thank you!
Old 05-10-2012, 07:53 PM   #58
lexis
Mouseketeer

We just got back from our wedding check out my trip report. The link is in my signature .
lexis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2012, 11:39 PM   #59
JBeanBunny
royal purple pigment

Quote:

The DFTW website is very vague about that, and I was just as surprised as you were about that "surprise" deposit you ALSO have to put down on the wedding package.... (the DFTW site makes it seem like ALL you need to reserve your wedding is the deposit on your stateroom! tsk tsk) While on the phone reserving our onboard wedding package, we had to scramble around to figure out where to get an extra $500 we weren't expecting to spend that day! Ah well, I guess it's just less I have to pay later on!

Last edited by JBeanBunny; 05-10-2012 at 11:41 PM. Reason: .
JBeanBunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2012, 09:00 AM   #60
jenbear25
Earning My Ears

Quote:

Our Castaway Cay wedding is next Saturday...yay! We did NOT pay a deposit on the wedding package prior to reserving/confirming the wedding date. This was our payment timeline:

Nov 2010: cruise booking window for 2012 was released; stateroom was booked and deposit paid

Feb 2011: wedding package was added to stateroom and May 2012 wedding date confirmed

Jan 2012: cruise fare balance paid on concierge stateroom

Feb 2012: $3,500 wedding package paid

April 2012: final fees paid for additional wedding guests

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: