Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Weddings and Honeymoons
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-09-2012, 03:08 PM   #436
lescal79
Mouseketeer

We are booked on a 3-day cruise, and we are getting married onboard the day we are in Nassau.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tellemarie View Post
Hello! I am so excited that they FINALLY released the 2014 dates because we PUT DOWN THE DEPOSIT ON OUR CABIN THIS MORNING FOR 2/6/2014-2/9/2014!!!

I was so excited until I remembered reading something a while ago - that DCL/FTW only does onboard ceremonies on an "at sea" day, something that the 3 night cruises don't have. Can anyone tell me if this is the case?

The more I think about it the less sense it makes (because Disney would presumably lose out on moolah from limiting it) but it worries me that the moment I can really start to plan our wedding, it may not work out! I tried to search for the answers (and was on hold with FTW for around 30 minutes before having to go back to work) and couldn't find ANYTHING one way or the other. Can anyone help a fellow cruise bride out?
Old 12-10-2012, 11:14 AM   #437
bats
Enjoying Bahama Mama's

Afternoon ladies!!
I'm all caught up with your chatting and photos now thankfully ... I have borrowed a few of the photos for my Pinterest board so I can share with my photographer friend. Some of the ideas are lovely and I hope we can have them re-created.

Mick and I were lucky enough to be on the Fantasy in October (the week before Sandy!) and I spoke to the on board co-ordinator about the problem I have with sand (Want CC wedding, but not on sand as allergic).

She said she didn't think it would be an issue at all, the only problem with other locations is the supply of electricity for the keyboard. But as we would like to use the wooden jetty by the Heads Up bar, it should all be fine as the bar has electricity. It also has cocktails and we sampled those for test purposes! Mick has said that he will have one waiting for me if we do manage to have our ceremony there!

Been great reading everyones updates and looking at the photos ... congrats to all. Less than 3 years to go for me now (yawn yawn)
Quality Inn International Apr 2003 - Magic Mouse Villa on Windsor Palms Apr 2006 - Hong Kong Disney Jan 2007 - Dibb villa & Disney Wonder Sept 2008 - Dibb villa for DBF's 40th Feb 2009 - Dibb villa Sept 2009 - Disneyland Paris Nov 2009 - Disneyland California Apr 2010 - Disney Magic 8 night Western Europe Jul 2010 - SSR Sept 2010 - Maiden Voyage on The Dream Jan 26th 2011 - Disney Magic Med cruise Aug 2011 - OKW Sept 2011 - AKV & Disney Dream Feb 2012 - SSR & Disney Fantasy Eastern Caribbean Oct 2012 - Disney Magic B2B Med Aug 2013 - Disney Magic Med May 2014 - Disney Magic WBTA & our wedding Sept 2014 Disney Magic 11 night Fjords/Iceland/Orkney Isles Jun 2015

Last edited by bats; 12-10-2012 at 11:49 AM.
bats is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-11-2012, 01:26 PM   #438
JBeanBunny
royal purple pigment

Quote:
Originally Posted by bats View Post
Afternoon ladies!!
I'm all caught up with your chatting and photos now thankfully ... I have borrowed a few of the photos for my Pinterest board so I can share with my photographer friend. Some of the ideas are lovely and I hope we can have them re-created.

Mick and I were lucky enough to be on the Fantasy in October (the week before Sandy!) and I spoke to the on board coordinator about the problem I have with sand (Want CC wedding, but not on sand as allergic).

She said she didn't think it would be an issue at all, the only problem with other locations is the supply of electricity for the keyboard. But as we would like to use the wooden jetty by the Heads Up bar, it should all be fine as the bar has electricity. It also has cocktails and we sampled those for test purposes! Mick has said that he will have one waiting for me if we do manage to have our ceremony there!

Been great reading everyones updates and looking at the photos ... congrats to all. Less than 3 years to go for me now (yawn yawn)
So glad that they'll be accommodating to the sand allergy! Just be firm with Meredith that the onboard coordinator said it would be alright!!! I know that they like to say "No" to brides on land, but the onboard coordinators seem to be a lot more accommodating! (Like the sheet music vs. no sheet music issue!) I like that deck at Heads Up bar a lot! I'm interested in seeing how everything turns out! DCL did a wonderful job of transforming the D Lounge into a romantic wedding setting for me, so I'm looking forward to seeing how they set up yours!

I'm also glad to see more activity on here lately It's great to see some new faces planning their weddings!
JBeanBunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 02:07 PM   #439
lescal79
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by JessieGlitter

I'm still lurking. I sent out my invites FINALLY (Pictures are on my PJ) and I am suppose to be getting my dress on Monday. I ordered it from one of those discount dress sites that ships from China, so I am super super nervous about it. We havent done engagement pictures or anything yet...I am still 247 days away from wedding day!
How did you make out with your dress? I was looking at doing that, but also nervous for the same reasons. I am 128 days away and I have NO dress! (Something went wrong with my original dress, don't even want to talk about it!) I'm super stressed out ....
Old 12-12-2012, 10:41 PM   #440
JessieGlitter
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by lescal79 View Post
How did you make out with your dress? I was looking at doing that, but also nervous for the same reasons. I am 128 days away and I have NO dress! (Something went wrong with my original dress, don't even want to talk about it!) I'm super stressed out ....
SO Super fun story about that...it came and it was...

PERFECT!

Thats right my crazy cheap dress from china was super amazing. Its a lacy a-line dress with buttons all down the back.

http://www.discount-dress.com/aline-...tyle-10044-g49

I learned that you just have to be really specific in what you want during the comments section. I wanted my dress more ballgown then mermaid so I just wrote that in the comments section! I was so nervous but it really worked out. If you have any other questions, let me know!!
JessieGlitter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 11:44 PM   #441
lescal79
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by JessieGlitter

PERFECT!

Thats right my crazy cheap dress from china was super amazing. Its a lacy a-line dress with buttons all down the back.

I learned that you just have to be really specific in what you want during the comments section. I wanted my dress more ballgown then mermaid so I just wrote that in the comments section! I was so nervous but it really worked out. If you have any other questions, let me know!!
Love your dress! I'm glad you had a great experience in buying online! I look forward to hearing more of your plans!
Old 12-13-2012, 07:18 AM   #442
dclwonderprincess
Mouseketeer

It's really cute, I'm so glad it worked out for you.
August 2014 - Alaska on the Wonder
May 2015 - Eastern Caribbean on the Fantasy
December 2015 - Bahamas on the Wonder
dclwonderprincess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 03:11 PM   #443
nyisles84
Mouseketeer

I have a quick question. I just proposed to my girlfriend on Friday down in WDW (she said yes btw).

We both have always talked about and decided we want to do a DCL wedding in Summer of 2014 on the Dream.

My question is, we have a Dream cruise booked for this August, 2013 on the 10% discount from booking on board from this past summer. If we were to book our wedding cruise now at full price, when we sail this summer on the Dream and can book the onboard discount, can we just have them apply it to the wedding cruise in 2014?
Old 12-14-2012, 05:44 PM   #444
stl_figment
Mouseketeer

Congrats! Unfortunately, I can't answer your question as I am unsure on how re-booking works on the ship vs an existing reservation. I wonder if that is a question the normal cruise board could help answer.

stl_figment is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2012, 12:11 PM   #445
cruisecrasher
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyisles84
I have a quick question. I just proposed to my girlfriend on Friday down in WDW (she said yes btw).

We both have always talked about and decided we want to do a DCL wedding in Summer of 2014 on the Dream.

My question is, we have a Dream cruise booked for this August, 2013 on the 10% discount from booking on board from this past summer. If we were to book our wedding cruise now at full price, when we sail this summer on the Dream and can book the onboard discount, can we just have them apply it to the wedding cruise in 2014?
You can book now and "reshop" onboard. If it's a better rate than your current reservation, they'll transfer your payments for you.
cruisecrasher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2012, 06:07 PM   #446
JessieGlitter
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by lescal79 View Post
Love your dress! I'm glad you had a great experience in buying online! I look forward to hearing more of your plans!
Quote:
Originally Posted by dclwonderprincess View Post
It's really cute, I'm so glad it worked out for you.
Thank you both so much!! I was really lucky with that dress (I actually have a few dresses; story about that is on my PJ).

I'm getting married in less than a month...I can't even begin to believe it and my ceremony is in 242 days!

We actually just both bought our wedding bands through amazon (df and I loveeeee amazon!) so I am hoping that our luck with online purchases will continue. And in the meantime I am waiting to see the rest of gingers photos

2013 will begin all my crazy DIY projects.
JessieGlitter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2012, 06:12 PM   #447
dclwonderprincess
Mouseketeer

I hadn't thought about amazon for rings, I still have to find a band for DF.
August 2014 - Alaska on the Wonder
May 2015 - Eastern Caribbean on the Fantasy
December 2015 - Bahamas on the Wonder
dclwonderprincess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 06:38 AM   #448
princess toria
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by fivepin View Post
thank you so much

thanks-i did get the smallest package. Our photographer was carolee and she was great. We were pressed for time so couldn't get all the shots in i wanted. I brought a cheat sheet with other dcl brides photos i liked. Picking the photos the last day was a bit stressful because they weren't ready to be viewed until 4pm and everything had to be turned in by 10pm. I hadn't packed yet since we spent the whole day in the cabana at castaway, early dining, etc. It would have been alot easier without the kids in the mix. So, i was glad that there were only 250 pics or so to pick from. I was overwhelmed with that because of all the events of the last day.
The outlook was beautiful and our pianist need a wonderful job with the music. Oh, meredith had told me we couldn't bring sheet music only cd if the music wasn't on the list. The onboard coordinator said you can send sheet music.
do you have any more photos that you had taken that i could have a look at for some ideas? Thanks,
princess toria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 08:48 AM   #449
bats
Enjoying Bahama Mama's

Quote:
Originally Posted by JessieGlitter View Post

PERFECT!

Lovely, lovely dress!!!!
My sister bought her gown from an online store in HK .. it was stunning and I would steal it for my wedding but I couldn't even pull it up past my knees! The shame!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyisles84 View Post

Congratulations on your engagement!!
We'll no doubt be hearing lots more about your plans as they form.
As someone else has said, it's fine to transfer your payments .. don't forget that if you use a TA, name them when making the booking and you should get a few extra onboard credits.
Quality Inn International Apr 2003 - Magic Mouse Villa on Windsor Palms Apr 2006 - Hong Kong Disney Jan 2007 - Dibb villa & Disney Wonder Sept 2008 - Dibb villa for DBF's 40th Feb 2009 - Dibb villa Sept 2009 - Disneyland Paris Nov 2009 - Disneyland California Apr 2010 - Disney Magic 8 night Western Europe Jul 2010 - SSR Sept 2010 - Maiden Voyage on The Dream Jan 26th 2011 - Disney Magic Med cruise Aug 2011 - OKW Sept 2011 - AKV & Disney Dream Feb 2012 - SSR & Disney Fantasy Eastern Caribbean Oct 2012 - Disney Magic B2B Med Aug 2013 - Disney Magic Med May 2014 - Disney Magic WBTA & our wedding Sept 2014 Disney Magic 11 night Fjords/Iceland/Orkney Isles Jun 2015

Last edited by bats; 12-18-2012 at 08:55 AM.
bats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 03:09 PM   #450
lescal79
Mouseketeer

Programs/Champagne Celebration

Hello Past & Future Brides ...

Did you have "Wedding Programs" ... or are you planning on having them?
If you did, did you feel that they were not worth having or did you find them helpful?

For the champagne celebration, did anyone "stage" the cake and have it served another time, maybe at dinner? If so, were you happy with your decision?

Last edited by lescal79; 12-18-2012 at 03:19 PM.
lescal79 is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: