Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Weddings and Honeymoons
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-25-2012, 08:13 AM   #376
Aimbo84
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evi View Post
Hi,

If you really want the one hour why not have everyone get back together in outlook for cake cutting for an hour and then have them spend the rest of the day on Castaway Cay that way you also get to take some pics onboard while everyone is at the beach. Just a thought but truthfully with a party your size you could stake out a section of a club in the evening and still be good.
True! Did you find that was a lot of time wasted though? Going all the way back to the ship to cut some cake and then go all the way back to the beach for pictures?

The problem we are having is that we want to have a nighttime dance party where we choose our own songs and drink. It seems that's not going to happen, althought I'm surprised they won't let us rent a room for that. I know several of them won't be in use from 6-10pm from past cruise experiences and recent navigators!

They did say we could have a conference room, and I've asked someone to take a picture of the inside of one for me since I can't seem to find any online! It may or may not be an option, I'm not sure.

It looks like we're going to have a reception the night before the boat leaves instead. Rent some kind of ballroom for a couple of hours and have speeches and dancing/partying before.
Parental quote: "you guys always do everything backwards anyways!"
Aimbo84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 12:48 PM   #377
lescal79
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by LD NURSE View Post
Just had a Magical wedding on the Disney Magic 10-13-2012! It was perfect! I could not have asked for more. I would recommend it to anyone.
Congratulations!!
Register to remove

Old 10-25-2012, 03:43 PM   #378
Evi
DIS Veteran

My wedding hasn't come up yet. So I can't speak from direct experience. I also am having onboard ceremony. I really want to keep my ceremony more intimate and have a more evening feel. I also really want guests to be able to enjoy the day on CC.

Evi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2012, 11:36 AM   #379
JBeanBunny
royal purple pigment

HAPPY LEGAL CEREMONY DAY TO GINGER AND TIMMY!!!
JBeanBunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2012, 02:06 PM   #380
JessieGlitter
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBeanBunny View Post
WOOOOHOOOOOO!!!!!!!!

JessieGlitter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 03:47 PM   #381
lescal79
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Did they go? I've been thinking of her!!! I heard they weren't letting them out due to Hurricane Sandy? Hope everyone is safe!
Old 10-30-2012, 12:16 AM   #382
JBeanBunny
royal purple pigment

Quote:
Originally Posted by lescal79 View Post
Did they go? I've been thinking of her!!! I heard they weren't letting them out due to Hurricane Sandy? Hope everyone is safe!
As far as I know, they left! I haven't heard otherwise! When she'd talked to the DFTW planners at Franck's studio, they told her that IF they are unable to dock at Castaway Cay, that they'd just have the ceremony onboard. I know that the Fantasy had some damage this weekend due to Sandy but that was friday or saturday and Ginger didn't set sail until Sunday. The weather was significantly better down here on sunday (MUCH less windy!!) than when Sandy was overhead. (We cancelled both Fantasmic shows on Friday because of the heavy winds. We didn't even load the ampitheater!)

Sending Pixie Dust to our friends in the North Eastern states who are getting slammed by the hurricane! Stay safe!
Old 10-30-2012, 06:39 AM   #383
lescal79
Mouseketeer

Quote:
As far as I know, they left! I haven't heard otherwise! When she'd talked to the DFTW planners at Franck's studio, they told her that IF they are unable to dock at Castaway Cay, that they'd just have the ceremony onboard. I know that the Fantasy had some damage this weekend due to Sandy but that was friday or saturday and Ginger didn't set sail until Sunday. The weather was significantly better down here on sunday (MUCH less windy!!) than when Sandy was overhead. (We cancelled both Fantasmic shows on Friday because of the heavy winds. We didn't even load the ampitheater!)

Sending Pixie Dust to our friends in the North Eastern states who are getting slammed by the hurricane! Stay safe!

Thanks for the info Jillian! I've been so worried and thinking of her! I could see why you all cancelled the shows!! Hope you all did not have damage as well.

I'm in NY (upstate). We lost power for a little bit ... we had heavy wind, I'm surprised more damage was not done. My dear friends in PA and New Jersey are getting hammered. Last year at this time we had the nor'easter! Stay safe everyone!

Old 10-30-2012, 12:29 PM   #384
lescal79
Mouseketeer

Just incase anyone was interested in following this facebook site with pictures from Hurricane Sandy --

Severe NJ Weather
Old 10-30-2012, 06:32 PM   #385
chris31997
Disney Kid at Heart

Quote:
Originally Posted by lescal79 View Post
Just incase anyone was interested in following this facebook site with pictures from Hurricane Sandy --

Severe NJ Weather
Thanks for sharing. Although that does not sound right. Looks like alot of damage. I hope you did not get damage like this.

Chrissy
chris31997 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 08:00 AM   #386
Freckledginger
Mouseketeer

Hi Everyone!!
We're back from the wedding!! It all turned out brilliantly despite a little drama from Hurricane Sandy. I'll go into more details later on my PJ (driving back to Texas this week), but I just wanted to pop in to say hi and post a teaser photo. Thank you to everyone for the well-wishes, and a special thank you to Jillian for her soaps. They were incredibly cute and a huge hit with our guests!!

Happy Election Day!!

Old 11-06-2012, 08:02 AM   #387
dclwonderprincess
Mouseketeer

Your photo is gorgeous, I can't wait to see more & hear about the whole trip!
Old 11-06-2012, 05:30 PM   #388
chris31997
Disney Kid at Heart

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freckledginger View Post
Hi Everyone!!
We're back from the wedding!! It all turned out brilliantly despite a little drama from Hurricane Sandy. I'll go into more details later on my PJ (driving back to Texas this week), but I just wanted to pop in to say hi and post a teaser photo. Thank you to everyone for the well-wishes, and a special thank you to Jillian for her soaps. They were incredibly cute and a huge hit with our guests!!

Happy Election Day!!

Beautiful!!!

Glad you had a good time even with drama from Sandy

Chrissy
chris31997 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 06:43 PM   #389
JessieGlitter
Earning My Ears

Ginger your photo is BEAUTIFUL!! I'm so glad to hear that your cruise was only mildly dramatic! Cant wait to see the rest of the photos and hear all about it!

JessieGlitter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 08:22 PM   #390
JBeanBunny
royal purple pigment

Aww, you're gonna make me blush! I'm so happy that your guests liked their soaps! I hope you liked the goodies I made for you & Timmy too! It was truly wonderful meeting you, finally, after a year of following your PJ!!! I'm working on Judy's order now!!

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: