Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Weddings and Honeymoons
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-26-2012, 12:22 PM   #331
dvhtu
Earning My Ears

Hi everyone!!! I read the whole 22 pages and it seems that lots of people do their wedding onboard Disney Fantasy. Has anyone ever done their wedding onboard the Disney Wonder? We want to do the wedding on Alaska cruise because we first met during the winter so we want to have snow and glacier in the background. Has anyone ever done this before? And how was it? Thank you
dvhtu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012, 01:03 PM   #332
cruisecrasher
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by dvhtu
Hi everyone!!! I read the whole 22 pages and it seems that lots of people do their wedding onboard Disney Fantasy. Has anyone ever done their wedding onboard the Disney Wonder? We want to do the wedding on Alaska cruise because we first met during the winter so we want to have snow and glacier in the background. Has anyone ever done this before? And how was it? Thank you
That sounds beautiful!
Upcoming Trips:

Upcoming Fantasy Cruise!

Upcoming Big Family Reunion Cruise
cruisecrasher is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-26-2012, 02:01 PM   #333
lurkyloo
The Attic was just perfect
OK, apparently I've been living under a rock

Quote:
Originally Posted by dvhtu View Post
If you check out the original Disney Cruise Brides thread, which was created before the introduction of the Dream and the Fantasy, you will find dozens of Disney Wonder weddings: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1766164

lurkyloo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 12:38 PM   #334
dvhtu
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by cruisecrasher View Post
That sounds beautiful!
Thank you. I am trying to finish reading the old Disney cruise wedding thread. 200more pages to go!!!
dvhtu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2012, 09:40 PM   #335
JBeanBunny
royal purple pigment

Alright, it's been 2 weeks since my BEAUTIFUL wedding and I've finally gotten day 1 (Embarkation day) down in my PJ/ now TR! I hope the have the next two days of the cruise reported by Tuesday or Wednesday! Definitely give it a read if you're getting married soon to get an idea of how the first day will go- from getting to the port, the DCL terminal, boarding the ship, the legal ceremony, etc! Enjoy
JBeanBunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 05:37 AM   #336
Fivepin
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fivepin View Post
Well, thank you so much for your suggestion, and that's what I'm going to do. I came back from my research cruise and found out they release Fl res rates for our anniverary weekend. I thought how perfect. If we went away for the weekend, the cost of hotel and food and such would be about the same. I had DH ask his boss if he could take 1 1/2 days off. He's not supposed to at the end of the quarters. I told him to tell his boss that I have something planned. Good news he was given the ok. So, I booked the cruise last night!!

Now I need some creative ideas of how and when? I would love for it to be unique, but I have an accountant's brain and am not that creative when it comes to things like this. If I can't come up with anything...I thought I would do it at our dinner at Palo and have them deliver those celebration plates they write in chocolate at dessert time with Will you marry me again?

Any suggestions from you ladies would be greatly appreciated
Wanted to give you guys an update and some photos. Got off our anniversary cruise on the 23rd and did do the reveal on the ship with the help of some great cast members (Ann Marie and Chris) from Vista Galleries. I had met them on my research cruise in August. My best friend was on the ship the week before I was and went to go make sure they were going to be there and to run the idea by them. The reveal happened on the 2nd nite at 10:30pm during pirate night fireworks and show so I knew there would be less traffic then.
They turned one of the walls in the gallery to our wall and put what Cinderella artwork they had on one wall since I love Cinderella. I brought on the banner and 5 8x10's which they matted and framed so it would look nice on the wall.
Chris even drew a picture for me with Cinderella proposing to Prince Charming. They put our champagne and flutes into the glass display case and decorated the whole case as well. The flutes are the ones I'm using for the VR, so it already has the date on there.
Now for some pics:

Funny thing about the banner-it was a last minute thing-had a coupon for Walgreens and they did same day service. I thought I had changed the text back to Happy Anniversary, but it still said Will you marry me again? I didn't want that to be the first thing Ray saw, saw Chris had covered it up with the cardstock I had brought for the photos, thinking he would just put them on there to hang. No, he went above and beyond!!

Married at WDW Wedding Pavilion 9/23/95
Cruises: 9/14/2002 1st Disney Cruise West Caribbean; 10/2/2004 Eastern Caribbean; 8/20/2005 14 nite Panama Canal; 9/16/2006 Double Dip with Costa Maya; 5/26/2007 11 nite Mediterranean; 5/1/2008 3 night Wonder Best Friend Cruise; 9/11/2008 3 night Wonder Anniversary Cruise; 10/11/2008 Eastern Caribbean; 11/14/2009 Double Dip;1/21/2010 3 nite Wonder Mini Getaway; 7/6/2010 12 night Northern European Capitals Cruise1/26/2011 Dream MV;7/12/2011 Alaska Cruise;11/17/2011 Dream B2B; 3/31/2012 Fantasy MV; 4/29/2012 15 nite Hawaii Cruise; 7/13/2012 2 night NYC Cruise to Nowhere; 8/10/2012 Double Dip; 9/20/12 3 Nite Anniversary Cruise;11/18/12 3 Nite Vow Renewal Cruise; 1/10/13 3 Nite 1st DVC Member Cruise; 6/23/13 4 nite Dream Cruise; 11/23/13 Thanksgiving on the Fantasy; 1/14/14 3 Nite Magic Cruise in the Royal Suite
Trips to WDW:too many to count
Fivepin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 05:43 AM   #337
cruisecrasher
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fivepin

Wanted to give you guys an update and some photos. Got off our anniversary cruise on the 23rd and did do the reveal on the ship with the help of some great cast members (Ann Marie and Chris) from Vista Galleries. I had met them on my research cruise in August. My best friend was on the ship the week before I was and went to go make sure they were going to be there and to run the idea by them. The reveal happened on the 2nd nite at 10:30pm during pirate night fireworks and show so I knew there would be less traffic then.
They turned one of the walls in the gallery to our wall and put what Cinderella artwork they had on one wall since I love Cinderella. I brought on the banner and 5 8x10's which they matted and framed so it would look nice on the wall.
Chris even drew a picture for me with Cinderella proposing to Prince Charming. They put our champagne and flutes into the glass display case and decorated the whole case as well. The flutes are the ones I'm using for the VR, so it already has the date on there.
Now for some pics:

Funny thing about the banner-it was a last minute thing-had a coupon for Walgreens and they did same day service. I thought I had changed the text back to Happy Anniversary, but it still said Will you marry me again? I didn't want that to be the first thing Ray saw, saw Chris had covered it up with the cardstock I had brought for the photos, thinking he would just put them on there to hang. No, he went above and beyond!!
Love it! And the pins.
Upcoming Trips:

Upcoming Fantasy Cruise!

Upcoming Big Family Reunion Cruise
cruisecrasher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 10:53 AM   #338
XxsmortzxX
Mouseketeer

Disney Wonder

Quote:
Originally Posted by dvhtu View Post

I just got back from the California Coast 7 Day Wonder cruise. The ship had some added features like Outlook Cafe (although its not really big enough for any wedding but I will put up pictures in my PJ). The last time I was on the Wonder, the Disney Dream and Fantasy were still being built. The ship was still beautiful, and I bet it would be gorgeous with the Alaskan landscapes surrounding it.

The only thing we noticed aboard the Wonder was the poor service(although our second waiter and assistant waiter were AMAZING, but we had to request them and then change to late seating). Upon investigating, my older sister said they moved most of the best and more experienced staff to the newer ships. A lot of times, it seemed as if they were unsure what to do or didn't have that 'Disney Smile'. I think I'd be worried to have them handling my cake or dress. :/

XxsmortzxX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 11:08 AM   #339
JBeanBunny
royal purple pigment

Quote:
Now for some pics:

Wow, Judy! It all looks like it turned out great! I would have never though to try something like this!

Last edited by JBeanBunny; 10-01-2012 at 12:18 PM.
Old 10-04-2012, 10:54 AM   #340
tellemarie
Mousejunkie!

Hello DCL ladies! I am a very long time lurker and I finally have a reason to post (and of course it's a question ). I wasn't able to really find an answer to this anywhere but since DF and I will be DVC members before our cruise/disneymoon we were considering using points to pay for one of our fares for the actual ceremony cruise and cash for the rest. Has any of you done this? I'm just worried that it might mess up something about adding on the wedding to the cruise booking!

Thanks for any info you can give

Recent trips:
August 2009 - Old Key West @ WDW; January 2011 - POP @ WDW; November 2011 - Offsite @ WDW; February 2012 - POFQ/AKL Jambo; October 2012 - POR. January 2013 - AKL Jambo.
DVC Member since 2012 @ SS & VGF

tellemarie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 12:23 PM   #341
stl_figment
Mouseketeer

I'm not a DVC member so I cannot answer for sure.

But for us the wedding was added on to our existing reservation and then we just paid the wedding costs as part of the cruise fare. I would think if you get a reservation number when booking with DVC is would work the same way. But I can't help with those logistics.

stl_figment is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 12:57 PM   #342
dclwonderprincess
Mouseketeer

I'm not a DVC member either, but the wedding is an add on package to the cruise so I doubt there would be any problems.
August 2014 - Alaska on the Wonder
May 2015 - Eastern Caribbean on the Fantasy
December 2015 - Bahamas on the Wonder
dclwonderprincess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 04:24 PM   #343
Fivepin
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by tellemarie View Post
Hello DCL ladies! I am a very long time lurker and I finally have a reason to post (and of course it's a question ). I wasn't able to really find an answer to this anywhere but since DF and I will be DVC members before our cruise/disneymoon we were considering using points to pay for one of our fares for the actual ceremony cruise and cash for the rest. Has any of you done this? I'm just worried that it might mess up something about adding on the wedding to the cruise booking!

Thanks for any info you can give
I booked my cruise on points for our VR cruise. It didn't start out as a VR. It is just an add on to your reservation. My payment was due 60 days out, and the additional add ons(floral and such) are due 30 or 45 days out. The photo package along with my hair will be charged to my room account. You fill out a CC authorization for the Wedding cost and send back to the wedding coordinator.

Married at WDW Wedding Pavilion 9/23/95
Cruises: 9/14/2002 1st Disney Cruise West Caribbean; 10/2/2004 Eastern Caribbean; 8/20/2005 14 nite Panama Canal; 9/16/2006 Double Dip with Costa Maya; 5/26/2007 11 nite Mediterranean; 5/1/2008 3 night Wonder Best Friend Cruise; 9/11/2008 3 night Wonder Anniversary Cruise; 10/11/2008 Eastern Caribbean; 11/14/2009 Double Dip;1/21/2010 3 nite Wonder Mini Getaway; 7/6/2010 12 night Northern European Capitals Cruise1/26/2011 Dream MV;7/12/2011 Alaska Cruise;11/17/2011 Dream B2B; 3/31/2012 Fantasy MV; 4/29/2012 15 nite Hawaii Cruise; 7/13/2012 2 night NYC Cruise to Nowhere; 8/10/2012 Double Dip; 9/20/12 3 Nite Anniversary Cruise;11/18/12 3 Nite Vow Renewal Cruise; 1/10/13 3 Nite 1st DVC Member Cruise; 6/23/13 4 nite Dream Cruise; 11/23/13 Thanksgiving on the Fantasy; 1/14/14 3 Nite Magic Cruise in the Royal Suite
Trips to WDW:too many to count
Fivepin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 08:25 PM   #344
chris31997
Disney Kid at Heart

Quote:
Now for some pics:

It turned out beautiful. the pins. Might have to steal that one I am so glad that it turned out great and you got some extra You both look so happy and great!!

Chrissy
chris31997 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 07:43 PM   #345
JBeanBunny
royal purple pigment

I got my photos back from my photographer!!! I put a link up on my PJ/TR for those interested in perusing! Be warned, there's 1065 photos!!!

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: