Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Weddings and Honeymoons
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-29-2012, 12:55 AM   #301
JBeanBunny
royal purple pigment

Quote:
Originally Posted by castmeaway View Post
For our son's upcoming CC wedding, we bought postcards at each port of call on a previous cruise that they will ask guests to write their well wishes to them on, and will put them in a CC photo album in place of a guest book. Then the album can be filled with pictures that the guests take during the cruise.
That is a very clever and unique idea! I love that concept!
JBeanBunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 08:49 PM   #302
Freckledginger
Mouseketeer

Planning Guide Done!

Submitted my Planning Guide Today!

I was naughty and had to request a one day extension from Meredith because I could not seem to get it together and commit to songs

Our wedding in DFTW's eyes:
-35 guests (including bride & groom) + 1 child under 3
-Bringing our own photographer
-Bringing our own officiant
-Bouquet: Oceanfront Elegance
-Boutonniere: White Calla Lily with White Hydrangea
-No additional floral
-2 bridesmaids, 2 groomsmen, & 1 ringbearer
-Prelude: "Your Song" Vitamin String Quartet
-Parents'/Bridesmaids' Processional: "Love Story" Vitamin String Quartet
-Bride's Processional: "Prime Minister's Love Theme" from Love Actually
-Recessional: "Dela" Johnny Clegg
-Cake Cutting: "Wonderful World" Sam Cooke
-First Dance: Custom Mix of Songs (Timmy and I are making this--stay tuned on how this goes )
-Father/Daughter & Mother/Son Dance: mix of "These are the Days" Van Morrison & "Never Alone" Jim Brickman
-Additional Songs: Pianist's choice
-Cake: Touch of Romance Design (top tier: vanilla with white chocolate mousse, bottom tier: marble with raspberry butter cream) and custom cake topper
-Forfeiting our Palo credit and dining at Remy's the night before the wedding

For those who are looking for contemporary instrumentals for their ceremony, I really encourage you to check out a band called Vitamin String quartet. They are fabulous and have tons of different options!

Oh, one other thing Meredith told me that may affect future brides... Apparently, DCL has requested she instruct couples to only select songs from the pre-approved playlist or to provide a CD of a song not on the list. I guess sometimes providing sheet music does not always work out so well. She did also add that if I really really wanted to provide sheet music, she could try to get it approved but the sheet music should be included with the planning guide.
Register to remove

Old 08-29-2012, 10:29 PM   #303
chris31997
Disney Kid at Heart

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freckledginger View Post
Submitted my Planning Guide Today!

I was naughty and had to request a one day extension from Meredith because I could not seem to get it together and commit to songs

Oh, one other thing Meredith told me that may affect future brides... Apparently, DCL has requested she instruct couples to only select songs from the pre-approved playlist or to provide a CD of a song not on the list. I guess sometimes providing sheet music does not always work out so well. She did also add that if I really really wanted to provide sheet music, she could try to get it approved but the sheet music should be included with the planning guide.

Congrats on getting it submitted

I guess I can see requesting people bring a CD, nothing worse than bring sheet music and finding out that the person can't play it for whatever reason. Saving one potential headache and hassle, and one highly disappointed Bride.

Chrissy
chris31997 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 11:47 PM   #304
JBeanBunny
royal purple pigment

Quote:
News to me. I submitted the sheet music with my planning guide and she never ONCE said that my selections would be a problem NOR that I should bring a CD as "backup." She even commended me for submitting the sheet music! I don't even have iTunes or any digital music player that allows me to buy music (Pandora is my best friend) But I guess I should look into buying those songs "Just in case" I just hate the idea of flipping from piano to CD... it doesn't seem like it would "flow" just right... Wah, I hope everything works out just fine, that's something I don't want to worry about! I've wanted Fantasmic music as my Recessional for YEARS and I've grown so fond of "At last I see the Light" as my first dance! I guess at this point all I can do is cross my fingers and hope for the best!
Old 08-30-2012, 12:05 AM   #305
Freckledginger
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBeanBunny View Post
News to me. I submitted the sheet music with my planning guide and she never ONCE said that my selections would be a problem NOR that I should bring a CD as "backup." She even commended me for submitting the sheet music! I don't even have iTunes or any digital music player that allows me to buy music (Pandora is my best friend) But I guess I should look into buying those songs "Just in case" I just hate the idea of flipping from piano to CD... it doesn't seem like it would "flow" just right... Wah, I hope everything works out just fine, that's something I don't want to worry about! I've wanted Fantasmic music as my Recessional for YEARS and I've grown so fond of "At last I see the Light" as my first dance! I guess at this point all I can do is cross my fingers and hope for the best!
I think this is probably a relatively new policy, Jillian, so I wouldn't worry too much. All my paperwork says that sheet music is fine, but when I emailed Meredith asking if I should submit any sheet music with the planning guide, she gave me the aforementioned response. After reading about some of the things DCL brides were able to do in the past (color on wedding cakes!!), it seems like DFTW is becoming more restrictive with customization of the DCL weddings. Not sure why really... As long as the requests are reasonable/simple and DCL is aware of them far enough in advance, I don't know why they can't accommodate them

Anyways, I digress, I'm sure your song selections will be played perfectly on your wedding day. As you provided the sheet music ahead of time, Meredith confirmed your selections, and your wedding is onboard (she mentioned a problem on CC with sheet music blowing away), I don't think you have anything to stress about. I didn't mean to cause doubt in your mind (apologies). I was just passing along that info for brides who haven't completed their planning guides yet--that way they'd be aware that Disney is starting to change their policy on this.
Old 08-30-2012, 03:08 AM   #306
Evi
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by castmeaway View Post
For our son's upcoming CC wedding, we bought postcards at each port of call on a previous cruise that they will ask guests to write their well wishes to them on, and will put them in a CC photo album in place of a guest book. Then the album can be filled with pictures that the guests take during the cruise.
We are doing something similar. I wish we could have done a preview cruise. I'm sure you were able to select lovely postcards. I ordered postcards in bulk in one style and am using them as our guestbook. When we return I plan to add them to our wedding album. I am preposting them and having them mailed back so they will arrive in the mail little buy little once we return from our honeymoon. I figure it will be fun to read them as they come in. I ordered clear mylar sleeves so that hey do not get horribly damaged in the mail. The only downside of this is they will not show the processing stamp from the post office or the stamp because it needs to be on the outside mylar sleeve also it bumps the postage to regular letter cost since they consider the sleeve to be an envelope.

Evi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2012, 12:15 AM   #307
JBeanBunny
royal purple pigment

I'm getting married in SEVEN days!!!
Old 09-07-2012, 03:47 AM   #308
Evi
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I'm so excited for you Jillian . I can't wait to see all your fabulous pics. I know you've put so much of yourself into this, its going to be beautiful

Old 09-07-2012, 11:30 AM   #309
Freckledginger
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Oh my gosh Jillian, just got chills of excitement for you!! I can't believe it's only a week away!!! As much as you can, try to relax and enjoy this next week, cause I'm sure the wedding will be a very busy time. You've done an amazing job planning, and everything will be fantastic!!
Old 09-07-2012, 11:43 AM   #310
JBeanBunny
royal purple pigment

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evi View Post
I'm so excited for you Jillian . I can't wait to see all your fabulous pics. I know you've put so much of yourself into this, its going to be beautiful
I'm very excited! After today I expect it to feel very REAL since my mom flies in, then my MOH flies in Monday!!! I can't wait to utilize their help with putting the finishing touches onto things!!!

Quote:
Oh my gosh Jillian, just got chills of excitement for you!! I can't believe it's only a week away!!! As much as you can, try to relax and enjoy this next week, cause I'm sure the wedding will be a very busy time. You've done an amazing job planning, and everything will be fantastic!!
It's going to be a crazy busy week! Thank god today is my last day working!!! I'm definitely going to enjoy myself tuesday- my MOH booked us massages before we all go get our nails done, then we're going out to Jelly Rolls that night!! Yay!
Old 09-07-2012, 12:57 PM   #311
Evi
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I'm very excited! After today I expect it to feel very REAL since my mom flies in, then my MOH flies in Monday!!! I can't wait to utilize their help with putting the finishing touches onto things!!!

It's going to be a crazy busy week! Thank god today is my last day working!!! I'm definitely going to enjoy myself tuesday- my MOH booked us massages before we all go get our nails done, then we're going out to Jelly Rolls that night!! Yay!
Sounds great to MOH awesome idea to go get massages. Enjoy every minute have a fabulous time. In case your to busy to check in Have a woderful Wedding day ::hugs:: and a little .

Old 09-09-2012, 03:56 PM   #312
JessieGlitter
Earning My Ears

Quote:

I just read your entire PJ!! Totally late to the party but it was so amazing!! You have such great ideas!!

I can't wait to see your photographs, they are going to be beautiful!! Have an amazing wedding cruise and remember to take time to enjoy it!!!
JessieGlitter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2012, 05:28 PM   #313
JBeanBunny
royal purple pigment

I had a PHENOMENAL wedding cruise!!! It was wonderful and BETTER than I'd expected! I hope to have time to post about it sometime this week! I am DYING to get our professional photos, but I'll have to wait 3-4 weeks! With two shooters, we probably took at least 10 hours of photos! Sneak peek of photos on my PJ (soon to be TR!) of photos friends have already posted on FB... but here's a great one with Captain Henry after the ceremony!

Old 09-16-2012, 10:03 PM   #314
Freckledginger
Mouseketeer

What a fantastic photo!!! You and Michael look amazing, Jillian

Looking forward to seeing more photos and reading your TR!

Welcome Home, Newlywed!!!!!!
Old 09-16-2012, 11:43 PM   #315
Evi
DIS Veteran

Jillian,

Thats a beautiful picture of you and Michael. Can't wait to read your update.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: