Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Weddings and Honeymoons
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-28-2012, 05:13 PM   #166
stl_figment
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by love2travel View Post
My vow renewal is coming up on the Fantasy real soon. We reserved a disney photographer package, those of you that have used a Disney photographer were you happy with the pictures and poses?
We were very pleased with our photos. My only advice is if there is a certain photo you want be sure to ask for it. For example we really wanted a group shot and character shots.

stl_figment is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2012, 06:43 PM   #167
Thecrow51
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBeanBunny View Post
I love your bags! I'd never thought of something as simple as looking at the Disney store! You know, being immersed in Disney World 24/7, you tend to forget the obvious! I think it's really cool that you're making embroidered towels and similarly printed water bottles! I do love useful items, and items that your guests will continue to use!

I Loved your Post It note idea and have to admit that I am "borrowing" the idea for my own bags.
Register to remove

Old 06-28-2012, 06:52 PM   #168
JBeanBunny
royal purple pigment

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thecrow51 View Post
I Loved your Post It note idea and have to admit that I am "borrowing" the idea for my own bags.
Be my guest! I also "borrowed" the idea from a "fish extender" idea thread! I just printed 3 of the wedding logos sideways on each 8.5"x11" paper and used a scrapbooking paper cutter to cut the edges until I had a good template... then I let DF take over and cut the rest I do wish the ivory paper of mine had more contrast to the pale yellow post-its, but they were the 12-count Target brand- way less expensive than if I'd gone through the trouble to get them in a color I preferred! If you need any pointers about that (or any of my crafts) let me know!

By the way, DCL Brides, I'm starting to LOVE our new coordinator! She's been incredibly responsive to my e-mails in a very timely manner! She e-mailed me back 3 times today! That was unheard of in the past! A bride could get used to this!
JBeanBunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2012, 08:43 PM   #169
Thecrow51
Earning My Ears

Quote:
By the way, DCL Brides, I'm starting to LOVE our new coordinator! She's been incredibly responsive to my e-mails in a very timely manner! She e-mailed me back 3 times today! That was unheard of in the past! A bride could get used to this!
Really?? I emailed her yesterday and still have yet to get a response... but then again My wedding is not for another 470 days and yours is only like 2 months away... your questions definitely get top priority. I just have to sit and wait. lol.
Old 06-29-2012, 08:11 PM   #170
Freckledginger
Mouseketeer

Jillian and Heidi, your welcome/favor bags are AMAZING!!! I'm so impressed. I think your guests will be absolutely blown away by them!

Question... should I be worried that I haven't received an email from the new coordinator? Did she send out a mass email to all the brides introducing herself, or is she replying to individual emails? Just want to make sure I'm not missing out on anything important.

Thanks, everyone! Hope you have a lovely weekend (it's HOT here in Alabama!)
Old 06-29-2012, 10:15 PM   #171
JBeanBunny
royal purple pigment

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freckledginger View Post
Jillian and Heidi, your welcome/favor bags are AMAZING!!! I'm so impressed. I think your guests will be absolutely blown away by them!

Question... should I be worried that I haven't received an email from the new coordinator? Did she send out a mass email to all the brides introducing herself, or is she replying to individual emails? Just want to make sure I'm not missing out on anything important.

Thanks

I hadn't sent DCL any e-mails since Shanda left (I figured, what's the point?) But I got an e-mail from Meredith introducing herself... to which I replied and started a whole new conversation. I don't know how many brides they currently have or what her plan is to contact everybody. I hope everyone gets in contact with her soon!
Old 06-30-2012, 12:15 AM   #172
Thecrow51
Earning My Ears

I too haven't sent any email since Shanda's farewell email. Meredith reached out to me first but I have yet to hear from her since I responded with my last question.

Here is her info if you need it.

Meredith Gallinaro
P: 407-566-3642 F: 407-938-4288
Meredith.A.Gallinaro@disney.com

Maybe they are splitting the job up between a few coordinators instead of making one person do all the cruises? That's the only explanation I can think of on why you haven't gotten an email yet.
Old 06-30-2012, 10:21 AM   #173
trudy88
Mouseketeer

You know, I was talking to a co-worker about Disney cruise ship weddings. The least appealing thing for her is the cake situation. I guess it depends on your wedding "vision" and what is important to you.
Old 06-30-2012, 10:19 PM   #174
JBeanBunny
royal purple pigment

Quote:
Originally Posted by trudy88 View Post
You know, I was talking to a co-worker about Disney cruise ship weddings. The least appealing thing for her is the cake situation. I guess it depends on your wedding "vision" and what is important to you.
For me, the cake really was never a high-priority of mine. I do appreciate a large beautiful and elaborate cake, but I'd rather focus my energies on having an unforgettable experience for my wedding guests, and the photography! The Dream (along with her sister ships) is such a beautiful vessel, leaving never-ending opportunities for amazing photographs to remember your special day by. And in the end, the cake, to me, is just something that sits on a table and gets eaten. Also, the tradition of taking home the top tier and eating it at your year anniversary is off-putting to me, so I'm glad they won't allow us to take it off the boat! Do I wish they offered prettier cakes? Absolutely, yes but it's not an option, so I'll just have an elaborate cake topper instead!
Old 07-01-2012, 10:43 PM   #175
PixieDust1969
Happily Married on Castaway Cay!

Location: In Florida, very close to WDW- about a 15 minute drive!

Quote:
I would also really like to find bulk "Ring Pops" as a fun wedding-y favor.
Sam's Club has big containers of Ring Pops and they are pretty reasonable. I think it is 25 or 50 of them for less than $10.00. It has been a while since I have purchased them and I cannot remember.
Old 07-02-2012, 03:37 PM   #176
Thecrow51
Earning My Ears

OMG Ring Pops!!

My DF PROPOSED on April fools day with a ring pop! (before he handed me my real ring when I gave him the *** are you effin serious face)

I never thought to put ring pops in the bags... sooo gonna do that now. I know I originally said i wasn't doing candy or snacks but i think ill make an exception for a ring pop!
Old 07-02-2012, 07:54 PM   #177
chris31997
Disney Kid at Heart

Quote:
OMG Ring Pops!!

My DF PROPOSED on April fools day with a ring pop! (before he handed me my real ring when I gave him the *** are you effin serious face)

I never thought to put ring pops in the bags... sooo gonna do that now. I know I originally said i wasn't doing candy or snacks but i think ill make an exception for a ring pop!

That is funny, although, I think I would have thought of something besides are your serious face

I think that would add a lovely personal touch to your bags.

Chrissy
chris31997 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2012, 05:44 PM   #178
JBeanBunny
royal purple pigment

Quote:
OMG Ring Pops!!

Too Funny! My DF asked me to marry him every day for years (I even had a 'practice ring') so when he actually proposed to me, I probably gave him the same 'are you effin serious' face because I did not believe he was being serious! UNTIL I SAW THE RING! (If you look at my PJ, I have proposal pictures, I think they're pretty funny)

I knew that they would sell Ring Pops at Sams or Costco, but I don't have a membership to either... I asked a couple people a while back to keep their eyes out for me, but no word from them yet! Here's hopin'!

Oh, and curse you, Pinterest! I got ANOTHER idea for a wedding-bag craft! Epsom Salts! The company I buy my soap supplies from has everything I need to make them, and now that I have the idea in my head, I think I'm going to have to add them to my bags! My guests better love these bags! haha, I've put my heart and soul (and blood, sweat, tears, and MONEY) into them

Happy planning, everyone!

Last edited by JBeanBunny; 07-03-2012 at 06:11 PM.
Old 07-03-2012, 07:02 PM   #179
omayra96
Earning My Ears

Quote:
OK here we go

Currently for my Favor bags im doing the following:

Bag (One per Cabin): $1.99 Disneystore.com

Embroidered 30x60 Beach Towels (One per person): $10.73 towels4less.com
Something along these lines, im still unsure about the wording, Definitely changing the stitching from the grey color to white so it pops better. Towel will be Royal Blue

Custom Water Bottles (One per person): $3.73 discountmugs.com
With the similar logo the towel will have

Custom Playing Cards (One deck per Cabin): $9.99 artscow.com
The Kings will have photos of DF alone, The queens will have photos of me alone, The jacks will be our bridal party, The Aces will be his parents, my mom and step dad, my dad and step mom and us together, and the rest of the deck will have pics of each of our gusts (one couple per card).

Back side of the card:

Comic Strip Book we found and like (One per Cabin): $6.77 bulkbookstore.com
We are personally inscribing each book.

Bath and Body Works PocketBac Hand Sanitizer with rubber holder thing(One per Cabin): $1.50

Disney Mickey Pen (One per Cabin): 5 for $1.00 Dollar Store

Post It Notes (One pad per Cabin): Haven t priced this out yet.

Tylenol (4 individual packets per cabin): 50 pkts for $14.95 Staples.com

Bonine (4 pills per room): Still looking for a good price.

Magnetic ears for the cabin doors, Maybe some personalized "Im here for" Magnets also for the doors.

and that's about it...

Alot of our items are costly but will be usefull so we arent putting in alot of filler like candy or snacks... there will be pleanty of food on the ships to justify not including snacks.

NONE of my guest know about the playing cards... not even my parents. Thats gonna be the big surprise.
Love the towel idea!! Did you design it? I checked the website but didn't see where you customize it
omayra96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2012, 09:28 AM   #180
lescal79
Mouseketeer

I also got an email, but just introducing herself. She has not replied to my recent email, and that was a week ago. My wedding is 10 months away. I'd assume you should be getting one very soon if not already.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freckledginger View Post

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: