Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Weddings and Honeymoons
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-22-2012, 06:38 AM   #151
ShanaMouse
Mouseketeer

has anyone used an outside photographer for their cruise wedding? I am currently shopping around to see who is out there to capture a cruise wedding that is not going to break the bank
if any of you have used an outside photographer and brought them along, do you mind sharing who you used?

thanks
ShanaMouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2012, 06:59 AM   #152
lexis
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShanaMouse View Post
has anyone used an outside photographer for their cruise wedding? I am currently shopping around to see who is out there to capture a cruise wedding that is not going to break the bank
if any of you have used an outside photographer and brought them along, do you mind sharing who you used?

thanks
You can check out my planning journal we brought ours along. They are not cheap but take amazing pictures. There are some other photographers in the area besides mine that have done a Disney cruise Wedding. One of them off the top of my head is Jennifer werneth.
lexis is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-22-2012, 09:55 AM   #153
Freckledginger
Mouseketeer

Quote:

thanks
Hi!

DF and I are using Jess Cumbie out of Jacksonville, FL.http://jesscumbie.com/. She got a great personality (Disney fan too), and was willing to work with us on the photography package. I contacted a ton of photographers in my search, so it may take a little bit to find someone whose work you like and will work within your budget. It's also worth it to contact photographers out of the area or local to you. Sometimes they're willing to be more flexible with packages than the FL photogs, because they may have not done a cruise wedding before. It just really depends on the photographer though. Best of luck with your search!
Old 06-22-2012, 06:53 PM   #154
ShanaMouse
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freckledginger View Post
Hi!

DF and I are using Jess Cumbie out of Jacksonville, FL.http://jesscumbie.com/. She got a great personality (Disney fan too), and was willing to work with us on the photography package. I contacted a ton of photographers in my search, so it may take a little bit to find someone whose work you like and will work within your budget. It's also worth it to contact photographers out of the area or local to you. Sometimes they're willing to be more flexible with packages than the FL photogs, because they may have not done a cruise wedding before. It just really depends on the photographer though. Best of luck with your search!
Thanks so much for the reply, i will be sure to check out the photographer as well!
Old 06-22-2012, 06:54 PM   #155
ShanaMouse
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by lexis View Post
You can check out my planning journal we brought ours along. They are not cheap but take amazing pictures. There are some other photographers in the area besides mine that have done a Disney cruise Wedding. One of them off the top of my head is Jennifer werneth.
Thank you for the suggestion about jennifer werneth. I actually contacted her a little bit earlier today as I saw another Disney cruise wedding she did and the pictures were amazing! She had a very reasonable Destination Wedding package so she is definitely on our list of possibilities.
Old 06-22-2012, 07:23 PM   #156
lexis
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Thank you for the suggestion about jennifer werneth. I actually contacted her a little bit earlier today as I saw another Disney cruise wedding she did and the pictures were amazing! She had a very reasonable Destination Wedding package so she is definitely on our list of possibilities.
We also liked her pictures. She is cheaper than the photographers that we used. She was booked when we called to speak with her.
Old 06-25-2012, 07:19 PM   #157
love2travel
DIS Veteran

My vow renewal is coming up on the Fantasy real soon. We reserved a disney photographer package, those of you that have used a Disney photographer were you happy with the pictures and poses?
love2travel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2012, 05:30 PM   #158
lescal79
Mouseketeer

We contacted Jennifer as well, she seems really reasonable and her pictures are quite lovely. We were able to work out a great deal on a photographer that did our engagement pictures, so we decided to book her.

Quote:
Old 06-26-2012, 08:08 PM   #159
Freckledginger
Mouseketeer

How are you customizing your DCL wedding?

Greetings All

As DCL brides, I know we're somewhat limited in terms of customizing elements of our weddings, but what have you done/are doing to make your wedding your own? E.g. additional floral, aisle runners, signs/banners in photos...

I'm in the thick of trying to decide what things I'd like to do and am allowed to do, so I thought it'd be neat to start a discussion about decor options--hear what other brides/grooms are doing or have done.

Happy Planning!!
Old 06-26-2012, 08:44 PM   #160
lescal79
Mouseketeer

Hi there!
Your big day is getting closer!

I do know that they will allow us to bring silk flowers. For the under the sea cake, the white chocolate shells cannot be altered with different colors. I plan on making silk flower wands for my nieces who are 5 and younger.

As my ceremony will be onboard, I was told that I could not bring decorations or add anything additional but flowers. I am not sure what is permitted at CC.

Keep me (us!) posted on what you decide to do. And I'll be sure to do the same.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freckledginger View Post
Greetings All

As DCL brides, I know we're somewhat limited in terms of customizing elements of our weddings, but what have you done/are doing to make your wedding your own? E.g. additional floral, aisle runners, signs/banners in photos...

I'm in the thick of trying to decide what things I'd like to do and am allowed to do, so I thought it'd be neat to start a discussion about decor options--hear what other brides/grooms are doing or have done.

Happy Planning!!
Old 06-27-2012, 02:39 PM   #161
lexis
Mouseketeer

FYI we were fairly dissapointed with our under the sea cake. It just didn't seem worthe the increased cost. None of the cakes on the ship are impressive.
Old 06-27-2012, 06:02 PM   #162
JBeanBunny
royal purple pigment

Quote:
Originally Posted by lescal79 View Post
What has anyone done (or doing) for favors?

I am so undecided what to do!
I am the queen of favor bags!!! Check out my PJ to see, and as I get farther along, I'll add more photos!

I bought Royal Blue canvas tote bags from Hobby Lobby and glued silver ribbon along the trim (later there will be a flower with a gem in the middle to cover the ribbon seam) I had two of the DIS-igners design me some wedding logos- I highly recommend that more people do this! It's a great way to personalize your favors! I used iron-on transfers to affix the logos to the bag, and I'm eventually going to use stencils to paint some filigree around the logo.

INSIDE the bag:
Glow-Sticks (Target Dollar Spot)
Home-made Mickey Soaps - TWO kinds! (www.brambleberry.com for supplies)
Post-It Notes in a paper wrapper with another wedding logo on it
Mickey Plastic Ice Cubes
Nautical Magnetic Pad of Paper (Target $ Spot) for the door
Nautical Pens (Target $ Spot)
"I'm Here For The Wedding" Magnets (designed by a DIS-igner) for stateroom doors
Magnetic "Character" Name Tags (from the Cruise Magnet forum) for stateroom doors
Personalized books of Matches (100 on sale for $19 from TheKnot)
Chapstick (bulkapothecary.com)
Lint Rollers (2 for $1 @ Target $ Spot)
Mickey Band-Aids
Polysporin, single use
Small single-use Sunscreen tubes
Anti-Bacterial Hand Wipes
Shout Stain Fighter Wipes
Vials of Pixie Dust! (Small vials filled with a mix of iridescent glitters, with ribbon around it and a 'hershey kiss' sticker on the bottom)

The way I see it, a lot of these items will be useful and most of my guests (my current count is 45!!) won't remember to bring along things like a lint roller or shout wipes! I'm trying to have some practical items along with a few things they can bring home to enjoy! I still have match books from my cousin's wedding 7 years ago! Another item I REALLY wanted to get (but probably won't) are personalized Koozies! You can get those at www.beau-coup.com and I would've filled them with candy wrapped in cellophane... Who has ever thrown away a free koozie, am I right? I would also really like to find bulk "Ring Pops" as a fun wedding-y favor. I'm also considering making cheap-y luggage tags by printing a template I have, printing them on card stock, and having them laminated. Then you can just punch a hole and tie a pretty ribbon loop and use a pen to fill in your address.

ALSO, I got an e-mail from the new wedding planner! Meredith Gallinero. I hope she meets and exceeds our expectations!

And for the DIS'er looking for photographers, I'm using Lora Rodgers (http://lorarodgers.com/) because she offered to come along for just the cost of the cruise! I get her ALL day and I'm going to get a CD of all the the edited images I don't think she'd agree to go for free again, but it's great to know that you can find photographers willing to do it for the experience and fluffing their portfolio!

Last edited by JBeanBunny; 06-27-2012 at 06:11 PM.
JBeanBunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2012, 03:04 PM   #163
Thecrow51
Earning My Ears

I need one more post before im allowed to ad links and pics...
Old 06-28-2012, 03:07 PM   #164
Thecrow51
Earning My Ears

OK here we go

Quote:
Originally Posted by lescal79 View Post
What has anyone done (or doing) for favors?

I am so undecided what to do!
Currently for my Favor bags im doing the following:

Bag (One per Cabin): $1.99 Disneystore.com

Embroidered 30x60 Beach Towels (One per person): $10.73 towels4less.com
Something along these lines, im still unsure about the wording, Definitely changing the stitching from the grey color to white so it pops better. Towel will be Royal Blue

Custom Water Bottles (One per person): $3.73 discountmugs.com
With the similar logo the towel will have

Custom Playing Cards (One deck per Cabin): $9.99 artscow.com
The Kings will have photos of DF alone, The queens will have photos of me alone, The jacks will be our bridal party, The Aces will be his parents, my mom and step dad, my dad and step mom and us together, and the rest of the deck will have pics of each of our gusts (one couple per card).

Back side of the card:

Comic Strip Book we found and like (One per Cabin): $6.77 bulkbookstore.com
We are personally inscribing each book.

Bath and Body Works PocketBac Hand Sanitizer with rubber holder thing(One per Cabin): $1.50

Disney Mickey Pen (One per Cabin): 5 for $1.00 Dollar Store

Post It Notes (One pad per Cabin): Haven t priced this out yet.

Tylenol (4 individual packets per cabin): 50 pkts for $14.95 Staples.com

Bonine (4 pills per room): Still looking for a good price.

Magnetic ears for the cabin doors, Maybe some personalized "Im here for" Magnets also for the doors.

and that's about it...

Alot of our items are costly but will be usefull so we arent putting in alot of filler like candy or snacks... there will be pleanty of food on the ships to justify not including snacks.

NONE of my guest know about the playing cards... not even my parents. Thats gonna be the big surprise.

Last edited by Thecrow51; 06-28-2012 at 03:18 PM.
Thecrow51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2012, 04:25 PM   #165
JBeanBunny
royal purple pigment

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thecrow51 View Post
OK here we go

Currently for my Favor bags im doing the following:

Bag (One per Cabin): $1.99 Disneystore.com

Embroidered 30x60 Beach Towels (One per person): $10.73 towels4less.com
Something along these lines, im still unsure about the wording, Definitely changing the stitching from the grey color to white so it pops better. Towel will be Royal Blue

Custom Water Bottles (One per person): $3.73 discountmugs.com
With the similar logo the towel will have

Custom Playing Cards (One deck per Cabin): $9.99 artscow.com
The Kings will have photos of DF alone, The queens will have photos of me alone, The jacks will be our bridal party, The Aces will be his parents, my mom and step dad, my dad and step mom and us together, and the rest of the deck will have pics of each of our gusts (one couple per card).

Back side of the card:

Comic Strip Book we found and like (One per Cabin): $6.77 bulkbookstore.com
We are personally inscribing each book.

Bath and Body Works PocketBac Hand Sanitizer with rubber holder thing(One per Cabin): $1.50

Disney Mickey Pen (One per Cabin): 5 for $1.00 Dollar Store

Post It Notes (One pad per Cabin): Haven t priced this out yet.

Tylenol (4 individual packets per cabin): 50 pkts for $14.95 Staples.com

Bonine (4 pills per room): Still looking for a good price.

Magnetic ears for the cabin doors, Maybe some personalized "Im here for" Magnets also for the doors.

and that's about it...

Alot of our items are costly but will be usefull so we arent putting in alot of filler like candy or snacks... there will be pleanty of food on the ships to justify not including snacks.

NONE of my guest know about the playing cards... not even my parents. Thats gonna be the big surprise.
I love your bags! I'd never thought of something as simple as looking at the Disney store! You know, being immersed in Disney World 24/7, you tend to forget the obvious! I think it's really cool that you're making embroidered towels and similarly printed water bottles! I do love useful items, and items that your guests will continue to use!
JBeanBunny is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: