Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Weddings and Honeymoons
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-10-2012, 09:52 PM   #136
Freckledginger
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jegsnakkernorsk View Post
Congratulations to all the planning brides.

My sister and I treated our parents for a Vow Renewal on the Fantasy for their 35th anniversary. We had the ceremony in the Outlook Lounge and the captain officiated.

Photos for the vow renewal and our updos in the salon start on page 8 of my trip report.

http://www.disboards.com/showthread....2936532&page=8

Hope this helps!
Thanks for sharing the photos! Lovely VR! Your parents look so happy!
Old 06-10-2012, 09:53 PM   #137
Freckledginger
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by JessieGlitter View Post
Hi Everyone! I've been quietly lurking for a while but my darling proposed 2 weeks ago so I finally get to start officially planning my cruise line wedding!!!

Welcome, Jessica! Congratulations on your engagement!
Register to remove

Old 06-12-2012, 11:39 AM   #138
lexis
Mouseketeer

Hey everyone the rest of our pictures are up online. You can view the albums by entering your name and an email address.

http://divinelightphotography.zenfolio.com/liz_will
lexis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2012, 12:26 PM   #139
h0cusp0kus
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by lexis View Post
Hey everyone the rest of our pictures are up online. You can view the albums by entering your name and an email address.

Absolutely STUNNING photos!

It looks like Cornel did your wife's hair (he did mine too). I absolutely loved him!
h0cusp0kus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2012, 09:27 PM   #140
Freckledginger
Mouseketeer

Hi Everyone,

An unnamed person at the WDW DCL Ceremony address emailed me a reply with answers to questions I had addressed to Shanda just before she left. So if you have any questions for DFTW, I guess there is someone serving as a resource for the DCL brides until Shanda's replacement can be found. I'll be post the answers to the questions I asked in my PJ in case the information can be of assistance to others also.

Hope everyone is having a good week!
Old 06-15-2012, 07:33 PM   #141
omayra96
Earning My Ears

Magic Kingdom portraits

Has anyone done this? I have not received any news back from the wedding planner... just wondering how does this work for Disney Cruise brides in terms of payment... anyone know?
omayra96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2012, 01:50 PM   #142
Evi
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by omayra96 View Post
Has anyone done this? I have not received any news back from the wedding planner... just wondering how does this work for Disney Cruise brides in terms of payment... anyone know?
You need to contact your wedding planner and then you contact disney photography. The wedding planners don't get back to you right away sometimes it takes a week to hear from them.

Evi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2012, 04:35 PM   #143
Davids-Coco
Sometimes my inner monologue isn't so inner

Soooooo...... I'm officially out. We decided it was better to do a Disneyland Escape VR than the on ship since we couldn't get any family to go. It will work out perfectly since my grandparents live 4 miles down Harbor. We still will be on the same cruise leaving the Monday after the renewal. It has instead morphed to a honeymoon... with small children, lol. While making the decision was a bit tedious, it makes sense for us.

Good luck ladies with all your planning!
Old 06-16-2012, 10:04 PM   #144
ShanaMouse
Mouseketeer

Hey everyone!
My fiancee and I just decided, after about 6 months of back an forth, that a Disney Cruise wedding is the right thing for us. Now that I am starting to plan, I just wanted to ask a question to fellow cruise brides.
I am not sure if this was addressed yet on the boards, but here goes:
I know that you can choose an onboard or castaway cay wedding. If you choose the onboard wedding, do you pick the day the wedding will be held or does this get decided for you? When you call DFTW, do they tell you the date and time right then and there or is that decided later on? Are there different times for the ceremony that you can pick from or is it one set time for all onboard weddings?

Also, being that we decided on the 3-day Disney Dream 4th of July cruise next year (fingers crossed, I'm calling DFTW on Monday), it did state that there is a deposit; does anyone know how much that is?

Thanks so much!
ShanaMouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2012, 01:51 AM   #145
Evi
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShanaMouse View Post
Hey everyone!
My fiancee and I just decided, after about 6 months of back an forth, that a Disney Cruise wedding is the right thing for us. Now that I am starting to plan, I just wanted to ask a question to fellow cruise brides.
I am not sure if this was addressed yet on the boards, but here goes:
I know that you can choose an onboard or castaway cay wedding. If you choose the onboard wedding, do you pick the day the wedding will be held or does this get decided for you? When you call DFTW, do they tell you the date and time right then and there or is that decided later on? Are there different times for the ceremony that you can pick from or is it one set time for all onboard weddings?

Also, being that we decided on the 3-day Disney Dream 4th of July cruise next year (fingers crossed, I'm calling DFTW on Monday), it did state that there is a deposit; does anyone know how much that is?

Thanks so much!

Hi Shana,

You may want to read through this entire thread and the previous cruise thread at some point because it is full of info that you won't find elsewhere. As per your questions for deposit you will need to place 20% on your room and 20% of the wedding cost. As for dates and time you can make a request but they won't confirm it until 45 days out. You may also want to purchase pass porters disney wedding guide book with is also full of everything you need to know. Happy planning.

Evi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2012, 10:34 PM   #146
ShanaMouse
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evi View Post
Hi Shana,

You may want to read through this entire thread and the previous cruise thread at some point because it is full of info that you won't find elsewhere. As per your questions for deposit you will need to place 20% on your room and 20% of the wedding cost. As for dates and time you can make a request but they won't confirm it until 45 days out. You may also want to purchase pass porters disney wedding guide book with is also full of everything you need to know. Happy planning.
Thank you so much for all of the info! i will be sure to read through it and I already purchased the pass porters disney wedding guide, as of recent, so I am currently going through that as well. Thanks again!
ShanaMouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2012, 06:09 PM   #147
GrimGrinningVal
Disney Hotel Snob

Quote:
Originally Posted by lexis View Post

Can't stop looking at the fabulous photos! Kudos to your photographer!

GrimGrinningVal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2012, 01:05 PM   #148
lexis
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrimGrinningVal View Post
Can't stop looking at the fabulous photos! Kudos to your photographer!
Thank you, we did get very lucky with our photographers. I would highly recomend them.
lexis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2012, 12:13 PM   #149
1EvilQueenfan
Mouseketeer

I was wondering if any of you DCL brides are also DVC members and have used your points toward the stateroom for the wedding cruise??
Old 06-21-2012, 09:54 PM   #150
lescal79
Mouseketeer

Favors

What has anyone done (or doing) for favors?

I am so undecided what to do!

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: