Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Weddings and Honeymoons
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-01-2014, 11:18 AM   #1
sheri18
Mouseketeer

Rehearsal Dinner

My son is getting married in DW...trying to plan a rehearsal dinner....approx.50-60 ppl...any suggestions...clueless here....
Old 11-01-2014, 12:22 PM   #2
elphie101
Left my heart in Tomorrowland

We had 73 people at our welcome party (which was the rehearsal dinner), and because of our guest size and my in-laws want for some privacy we went with a private catered meal through DFTW at Ariels at the Beach Club. For us it was perfect, and I would hesitate to do it again, but it is also an expensive option for a rehearsal dinner.

DH Me
WDW: '91, '92, '94, '01, '06 (offsite)* 7/11 Pop* 8/11 AS Music* 9/11 AS Sports* 12/11 CBR* 6/12 Pop* (TR Here!) 11/12 AS Movies* 1/13 Pop* 9/13 Pop* 5/14 Pop* 10/14 BCV*
DL: '03 (day)* 4/13 Fairfield Inn Anaheim* (TR Here!) DCL: 10/14 Fantasy Eastern Caribbean*

Star Command, over and out!*Hellllllooooooo Humans!*It's a great big BEAUTIFUL tomorrow!

Current TR: Our Disney Wedding & Honeymoon TR***Dining Review***Our Disney Wedding Planning Journal
elphie101 is online now   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-01-2014, 05:47 PM   #3
sheri18
Mouseketeer

Thanks..will have to start checking around...I just started reading your journal on page 7 lots to go...so far ...really good reading....we are from the Boston area too...north
Old 11-01-2014, 06:06 PM   #4
elphie101
Left my heart in Tomorrowland

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheri18 View Post
Thanks..will have to start checking around...I just started reading your journal on page 7 lots to go...so far ...really good reading....we are from the Boston area too...north
Yay local brides!! Love when that happens hope you find something useful in there!

DH Me
WDW: '91, '92, '94, '01, '06 (offsite)* 7/11 Pop* 8/11 AS Music* 9/11 AS Sports* 12/11 CBR* 6/12 Pop* (TR Here!) 11/12 AS Movies* 1/13 Pop* 9/13 Pop* 5/14 Pop* 10/14 BCV*
DL: '03 (day)* 4/13 Fairfield Inn Anaheim* (TR Here!) DCL: 10/14 Fantasy Eastern Caribbean*

Star Command, over and out!*Hellllllooooooo Humans!*It's a great big BEAUTIFUL tomorrow!

Current TR: Our Disney Wedding & Honeymoon TR***Dining Review***Our Disney Wedding Planning Journal
elphie101 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2014, 05:22 PM   #5
asunnysideup
Mouseketeer

My in-laws did a catered event at Fulton's in Downtown Disney, and it was lovely!

Our Planning Journal | Our Trip Report
asunnysideup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2014, 06:52 AM   #6
sheri18
Mouseketeer

I will have to check out Fultons....so many places...hard to decide...also do I invite everyone that came to the wedding to the rehearsal dinner?
This is my sons second time around and we paid for all the first time.
This will be our first destination wedding, so not sure what to do?

Any other suggestions for places for dinner.
Old 11-07-2014, 08:11 AM   #7
ppiew
DIS Veteran

For our son's wedding, we had a buffet and cook out around the quiet pool at the Beach Club. It was perfect!
ppiew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2014, 04:15 PM   #8
sheri18
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ppiew View Post
For our son's wedding, we had a buffet and cook out around the quiet pool at the Beach Club. It was perfect!
Sounds good...how would I get the info for this...we are staying at the beach club
Old 11-13-2014, 07:30 PM   #9
sheri18
Mouseketeer

Still looking for ideas....all new to me...not sure where to start or look
Old 11-13-2014, 08:02 PM   #10
andeesings
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheri18 View Post
Still looking for ideas....all new to me...not sure where to start or look
Honestly sky is the limit. You could do whatever you want-- A BBQ at Fort Wilderness, a cookout by the pool at Beach Club, something fancier at Ariel's-- think about your favorite types of dining experiences at WDW at go from there! I'm sure if you start floating ideas by people here they will give you an opinion and tell you if it's possible.
Old 11-14-2014, 05:54 PM   #11
Sweet Melissa
DIS Veteran

We had ours at the Cabana Bar and Beach Club, which is poolside at the Dolphin. Although our party was smaller, they can accommodate hundreds. They sectioned off one side of the bar for us so that we had a semi-private space. The food was excellent, and we found that their menu options were really affordable (the menus averaged $25-45 per person, and ours was right in the middle of that range).

♥ Melissa
Last Visit: November 2013 - Wedding/Honeymoon! Old Key West & Kidani
Next Visit: June 2015 - Disneyland
Sweet Melissa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2014, 02:08 PM   #12
NoOrdinaryPrincess
DIS Veteran

Fulton's is a good option.

I've eaten at 98 out of 245 restaurants at Walt Disney World (40%)
NoOrdinaryPrincess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2014, 08:45 PM   #13
sheri18
Mouseketeer

And if isn't hard enough to try and figure out a place to book, it is even more difficult because they have not given my son a set time for the rehearsal it self...so how can I book something if I do not know the day and time yet
Old 11-17-2014, 11:26 PM   #14
lurkyloo
The Attic was just perfect
OK, apparently I've been living under a rock

Where is the ceremony being held? Rehearsals are almost always held the day before. If the ceremony is inside a theme park, then the rehearsal will have to be before the park (or World Showcase, if it's Epcot) opens, so that narrows it down for you.

I think a lot of people just hold the rehearsal dinner the night before the wedding rather than trying to tie it to directly after the actual rehearsal.

Where will most of your guests be staying? It might be nice to pick a restaurant that's close by. What kind of feel do you want? Casual or more formal? Disney's Fairy Tale Weddings can help you plan a catered event if you want a private room.
lurkyloo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2014, 12:59 PM   #15
sheri18
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by lurkyloo View Post
Where is the ceremony being held? Rehearsals are almost always held the day before. If the ceremony is inside a theme park, then the rehearsal will have to be before the park (or World Showcase, if it's Epcot) opens, so that narrows it down for you.

I think a lot of people just hold the rehearsal dinner the night before the wedding rather than trying to tie it to directly after the actual rehearsal.

Where will most of your guests be staying? It might be nice to pick a restaurant that's close by. What kind of feel do you want? Casual or more formal? Disney's Fairy Tale Weddings can help you plan a catered event if you want a private room.
the wedding is on Sunday May3rd...Disney wanted my son to have the rehearsal on Thursday April 30..only problem ..most people are not arriving until Friday May 1...they said it cannot be on Saturday...possible Friday, but cant confirm yet in case someone books a wedding.

The ceremony is at the WP reception at the GF
this is so frustrating.....

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: