Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Weddings and Honeymoons
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-25-2014, 10:00 AM   #1
emnems34
Earning My Ears

Question Disney Engagement Photos?

Hi all!

New to the DIS. We are looking to get out Engagement photos taken is Walt Disney World around March 9-10, 2015. I was wondering if anyone has done this before and could help me a little with the process- since most of what I look up seems to be wedding photos. Basically my questions are:

-Is it similar to Wedding Photos in that you get them taken early before the park opens? Or will we have to go during normal park hours?

-Where can I find more info on Engagement photos and hiring a Disney Photographer? Do i just call the normal wedding planning number or is there somewhere else I can go?

-What was the relative cost for your photos? (I know it may vary between couples, just looking for a ballpark estimate)

-What locales are available for photos to be taken? Is it anywhere in any park or are there only certain places you can be photographed?

Thanks! Any help is greatly appreciated!
emnems34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 12:35 PM   #2
tashka87
Mouseketeer

Hi!

1. You can take pictures with Disney photographer at any park except Magic Kingdom. Pictures are usually taken in the morning when crowds are smaller. At Epcot you can take pics before showcase is open, so you will have half park to yourself!
If you want pics in Magic Kingdom, you can find outside photographer who can go with you and take pics. Not all photographers will do that, as the rules about such photography are not straightforward. I know Randy Chapman will do it.
2. To book photography just call disney photography directly. I don't have their phone number handy but you can google it.

3. The price last year was $350 for an hour. I was very pleased with our experience. We did photoshoot at Epcot.
Old Yesterday, 07:58 PM   #3
emnems34
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by tashka87 View Post
Hi!

1. You can take pictures with Disney photographer at any park except Magic Kingdom. Pictures are usually taken in the morning when crowds are smaller. At Epcot you can take pics before showcase is open, so you will have half park to yourself!
If you want pics in Magic Kingdom, you can find outside photographer who can go with you and take pics. Not all photographers will do that, as the rules about such photography are not straightforward. I know Randy Chapman will do it.
2. To book photography just call disney photography directly. I don't have their phone number handy but you can google it.

3. The price last year was $350 for an hour. I was very pleased with our experience. We did photoshoot at Epcot.
Thank you SO much! This was incredibly helpful! You're the best!

First Trip: WDW Oct 1997- Age 4! Trip 2: WDW Oct 1999- Age 6. Trip 3:WDW + Disney Wonder 3 Day Bahamas + Casatway Cay June 2006- Magic music Days Participant (Dance)- Age 13 Trip 4: WDW July 2007- Magic Music Days Participant- Age 14 (Dance) Trip 5 Disneyland August 2008- Age 15 Trip 6 WDW June 2013- Age 20 Next Planned Trip: March 6-14 2015 Engagement Photos and Celebration!
emnems34 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
engagement photos, engagment, wedding

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: