Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-26-2012, 05:28 PM   #61
Trentmom
A Christmas"y" tag for a Christmas Freak!
Talk to you Sharky People Later!!!
Has a high Poodar

Another great update

I didn't get to see Magic and Memories show last trip. I hope to see it on our next one. Looks so cool

Glad you got some swimming in, even if it was a tad cold

Looking forward to the next day
Old 04-26-2012, 05:48 PM   #62
DisneyStitch626
DIS Veteran

Day 3: Ohana's!

Ohana's Continued...

When Stitch was done marching, he came over to greet us!

After we were done with Stitch, Pluto was the only one left. But he was still on the other side of the restaurant, and we had long finished our meal, and just didn't want to wait that long. So we grabbed our stuff, including our picture package that the waiter had brought to us a little earlier, and waved goodbye to Mickey on the way out. We walked over to the photo center on the other side by the gift shop so we could get our photos added to our photo plus card. The waitress had given us a little slip with a number on it, and we just had to show that to him, and he added it on in a matter of seconds. Then we were off to Epcot!

A picture or two before exiting...

A pretty flower on the walk over to the Ticketing Center where we would catch the monorail to Epcot.

The ticketing center was about a 5 minute walk away. Even that place was nicely groomed.

Then we were off to Epcot!

To be continued...
Register to remove

Old 04-26-2012, 05:51 PM   #63
DisneyStitch626
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Princess Row View Post
I am following!!
Welcome Row! Glad to have you here!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trentmom View Post
Another great update

I didn't get to see Magic and Memories show last trip. I hope to see it on our next one. Looks so cool

Glad you got some swimming in, even if it was a tad cold

Looking forward to the next day
It is a great little show, and it sure helps pass the time between the parade and Wishes.

Already got some posted!
Old 04-26-2012, 06:19 PM   #64
DisneyStitch626
DIS Veteran

Day 3: Epcot

The monorail was just pulling up as we were getting to the platform, so we didn't even have to wait.

The cool thing about taking the monorail into Epcot, is that it goes through part of it first, so you get a little bit of a sneak peak of what's to come.

Before we entered the park, we had to figure out what to do with our picture package from Ohana's. It was too big to put in our bags, and we didn't want to carry it around all day. We asked a CM by the gates if there was something we could do, and she told us there was a souvenir shop before you enter the park and they could get it shipped to our room. Perfect! We went over and got that looked after, and we were set to go.

Of course, the first thing you see when you enter Epcot is....

For me, whenever I thought of Disney World when I was a kid, the "big golf ball" was what I thought of first. When I was little, I didn't really tell the difference between the two castles, so this was WDW to me. It was so cool finally seeing it in person.

Another thing I was really excited about seeing this trip was the topiaries for the Flower and Garden Festival. My Grandpa was a master gardener, and even had several awards and articles printed about him in magazines and Calgary newspapers, so to me, fancy gardens are a little more than just pretty flowers. I loved this addition to Epcot.

I took a lot of photos of Spaceship Earth apparently....

To be continued...
Old 04-26-2012, 06:41 PM   #65
204charity
DIS Veteran

Good job so far.
April, 2012 -Disney's Polynesian Resort
November, 2012 - Barcelo Maya Palace, Mayan Riviera, Mexico
November, 2014 - Paradisus La Esmeralda, Playa Del Carmen, Mexico

Our Poly Dream Vacation - April, 2012 Trip Report
My Parents Gave US the World - A Poly Dream PTR

Old 04-26-2012, 07:05 PM   #66
disneydiva16
DIS Veteran

Epcot looks so pretty. I love all the topiaries.

RobinDh Matt ds dd dd

Old 04-26-2012, 08:00 PM   #67
DisneyStitch626
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by 204charity View Post
Good job so far.
Thanks! About to go catch up on yours.

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneydiva16 View Post
Epcot looks so pretty. I love all the topiaries.
It was very pretty. I loved it.
Old 04-26-2012, 08:34 PM   #68
DisneyStitch626
DIS Veteran

Day 3: Epcot Continued

So we didn't really have a plan coming into Epcot. There were a few rides I wanted to try (Test Track not included ), and we had a 7:35 reservation for Coral Reef, and I wanted to see Illuminations.

Once we got ourselves in the park, we decided we wanted to try Mission Space first.

Some scenery on the way over...

And look who we found!

After Stitch we continued on our way to Mission Space...

I thought that the building was really cool. The ride on the other hand...meh. I liked that Gary Sinise was our host. But the way they kept giving warnings about how intense it was, really had me pumped up for a great ride. And it ended up being really short, and really not that intense. There was even an old lady with us, she had to be 75 at least, and even she came out saying "that's it?". So it just wasn't what I thought it would be. As we exited, we saw Test Track with all it's closed signs. Really made me want to go on it that much more.

Next we headed over to Soarin' to get some Fastpasses.

We got a bunch of photos of this, so I will continue in the next post or two with this one.
Old 04-26-2012, 09:03 PM   #69
DisneyStitch626
DIS Veteran

Day 3: Epcot Continued

Living With the Land...

This ride was very interesting, and a nice rest! Haha. I thought it was cool that they were able to grow things above ground that normally grow underneath. Really cool.

Next post...more topiaries before hitting World Showcase!
Old 04-26-2012, 09:51 PM   #70
DisneyStitch626
DIS Veteran

We had a few hours before our fastpass for Soarin' was going to be able to be used, so we decided to take this time to walk through World Showcase. We weren't planning on inspecting every detail in each world, but we did get a chance to wander through each one at least a bit.

But first, some more garden stuff and other things along the way!!

So pretty!

A cool playground for the littles!

To be continued with more topiaires before Showcase!
Old 04-26-2012, 10:06 PM   #71
Trentmom
A Christmas"y" tag for a Christmas Freak!
Talk to you Sharky People Later!!!
Has a high Poodar

Love Ohanas. Have not been there in years. Definitely have to go back

Epcot is so well landscaped. Loving your pictures!!!

Never tried Mission Space as all the warnings always freaked me out. Maybe I should try it if not that bad. Did you do the less intense side?
Old 04-26-2012, 10:13 PM   #72
DisneyStitch626
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trentmom View Post
Love Ohanas. Have not been there in years. Definitely have to go back

Epcot is so well landscaped. Loving your pictures!!!

Never tried Mission Space as all the warnings always freaked me out. Maybe I should try it if not that bad. Did you do the less intense side?
Ohana's is definitely worth going back!

We only did the hard side of Mission Space. And you do get a little dizzy, because you are spinning really fast, but other than that, it didn't feel like much.
Old 04-26-2012, 11:28 PM   #73
DizNee Luver
Luver of all things Disney!

Fireworks, Ohana & Epcot.........all amazing pictures and getting me super excited to see it for myself!!!

Seth's pictures are ADORABLE!!!!! I love all of them!!! Cute, Cute, Cute!!!!
Road Trip 2014HEREClub 33HEREWDW TRHEREOct PTRHERE 2013 Divas #3HERE2012 Holiday Trip HERE
WDW Dec 12 PTR~Cancelled: HERE 2011 Holiday Trip: HEREDivas, Take 2~2012: HEREDiva's TR~2011: HERE
10 of Us Summer Trip~2010: HERE 25th Anniv.TR~2009: HERE

DLR: 1967, 1972, 1984, 2005, 2008, 2009, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2011, 2012, 2012, 2013, 2013, 2014 WDW: 2013

Old 04-27-2012, 08:35 AM   #74
Marshay
I'm Goofy for Mickey. Don't worry if you get a bit Sneezy -- it's just the Pixie Dust!!

Great updates!

I love the Magic, Memories and You show and am so excited to hear that they are changing it for the summer!

Unless you wait like 1.5-2 hours after closing, you will always be in the crowd That place can hold a lot of people and exiting down Main Street always seems so busy!

O'hanas sounds like so much fun! We loved our dinner there and need to try breakfast, too.

Poly is my favorite hotel -- so beautiful, good foods (O'hana and Kona) and so convenient to MK and Epcot.

I have always loved Mission Space (orange side). I love the takeoff where you are pressed back into your seat -- so fun!! But lately I've been going on with my daughter each time so have only done the green side. Maybe I can get her to do the orange side this time.

Love seeing all the topiaries and so glad you got to see Stitch, there too!!
Old 04-27-2012, 10:25 PM   #75
DisneyStitch626
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DizNee Luver View Post
Fireworks, Ohana & Epcot.........all amazing pictures and getting me super excited to see it for myself!!!

Seth's pictures are ADORABLE!!!!! I love all of them!!! Cute, Cute, Cute!!!!
I am glad I can assist in your excitedness! Haha

Thanks for the compliments on the photos! We are so happy with how they turned out. Will definitely be booking more appointments with her in the future!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marshay View Post
Great updates!

I love the Magic, Memories and You show and am so excited to hear that they are changing it for the summer!

Unless you wait like 1.5-2 hours after closing, you will always be in the crowd That place can hold a lot of people and exiting down Main Street always seems so busy!

O'hanas sounds like so much fun! We loved our dinner there and need to try breakfast, too.

Poly is my favorite hotel -- so beautiful, good foods (O'hana and Kona) and so convenient to MK and Epcot.

I have always loved Mission Space (orange side). I love the takeoff where you are pressed back into your seat -- so fun!! But lately I've been going on with my daughter each time so have only done the green side. Maybe I can get her to do the orange side this time.

Love seeing all the topiaries and so glad you got to see Stitch, there too!!
They are changing that show? Never heard about that.

I figured we'd be waiting forever if we wanted to wait out the crowds. Was kind of expecting it, but still a little overwhelming!

I loved Ohana's. The family theme was different, but really nice, and it's cool that they bring the food to you, although not as many choices as a buffet, but still really good.

I was looking at the Poly prices last night out or curiosity.... Maybe if we win the lottery!

If you follow the rules by looking at the screen and not to your side or closing your eyes, the orange side of Mission Space isn't so bad.

I loved the topiaries!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: