Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read





 
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 04-25-2012, 11:37 PM   #46
DizNee Luver
Luver of all things Disney!
 
DizNee Luver's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Philomath, Oregon
Posts: 9,488

We're planning on doing the plus too on the photopass.......love getting your review on this!! How'd you get your photopass pics so quickly??

The little girl in front of you on the Splash pic looks scared to death!!

I love the Electrical Parade.....thanx for getting pics of that!!!!
__________________
Road Trip 2014HEREClub 33HEREWDW TRHEREOct PTRHERE 2013 Divas #3HERE2012 Holiday Trip HERE
WDW Dec 12 PTR~Cancelled: HERE 2011 Holiday Trip: HEREDivas, Take 2~2012: HEREDiva's TR~2011: HERE
10 of Us Summer Trip~2010: HERE 25th Anniv.TR~2009: HERE

DLR: 1967, 1972, 1984, 2005, 2008, 2009, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2011, 2012, 2012, 2013, 2013, 2014 WDW: 2013


DizNee Luver is offline  
Old 04-26-2012, 07:41 AM   #47
Grumpy's Wife
Dollar Tree gal here
sissy fluffed, sissy fluffed!
I'll have one of what ever the tag fairy is drinking tonight
Chocolate is a girls heaven
 
Grumpy's Wife's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Mandeville, La
Posts: 26,056

Great pictures. You really did have a great spot to watch the parade.
__________________



Grumpy's Wife is offline  
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 04-26-2012, 07:50 AM   #48
Marshay
I'm Goofy for Mickey. Don't worry if you get a bit Sneezy -- it's just the Pixie Dust!!
 
Marshay's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Northern Virginia
Posts: 13,352

Yay ... more photos!!

Sounds like a great day and so glad you got to see Stitch right away and 2 times!!

Also glad to hear you were the first ones at the park entrance. Your timing was great for breakfast and the bus.

Liberty Tree Tavern meals sounds wonderful. We ate there for dinner (family style) and loved it. We'll have to do lunch sometime for that yummy looking pot roast.

It's neat to see your photos. As a first timer to WDW, you are taking photos of things I've taken for granted (some buildings, signs, gardens, etc). So it's so neat to see them again and go on this trip with you!

Love the Splash ride photo. If we ever decide to get the Plus, I think we'll make that trip all about getting ride and character photo packages!

Peoplemover is one of our favorite rides ... just to slow down and relax!

Great spot for the parade.

Cinderella's Castle is my favorite icon of Disney -- I love all the castle photos. You can't have too many!
Marshay is offline  
Old 04-26-2012, 09:41 AM   #49
DisneyStitch626
DIS Veteran
 
DisneyStitch626's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Alberta, Canada
Posts: 5,853

Quote:
Originally Posted by DizNee Luver View Post
We're planning on doing the plus too on the photopass.......love getting your review on this!! How'd you get your photopass pics so quickly??

The little girl in front of you on the Splash pic looks scared to death!!

I love the Electrical Parade.....thanx for getting pics of that!!!!
We thought the Photopass Plus was worth it for all the ride and character meal photos we got and then the many stops we made for photopass on top of that.

I opted for the digital download when checking out instead of ordering the cd. They emailed me a link a couple hours after placing the order and it takes you a page where you can download your photos right to your computer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumpy's Wife View Post
Great pictures. You really did have a great spot to watch the parade.
Thanks, yeah we had an amazing spot for both the parade and the fireworks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marshay View Post
Yay ... more photos!!

Sounds like a great day and so glad you got to see Stitch right away and 2 times!!

Also glad to hear you were the first ones at the park entrance. Your timing was great for breakfast and the bus.

Liberty Tree Tavern meals sounds wonderful. We ate there for dinner (family style) and loved it. We'll have to do lunch sometime for that yummy looking pot roast.

It's neat to see your photos. As a first timer to WDW, you are taking photos of things I've taken for granted (some buildings, signs, gardens, etc). So it's so neat to see them again and go on this trip with you!

Love the Splash ride photo. If we ever decide to get the Plus, I think we'll make that trip all about getting ride and character photo packages!

Peoplemover is one of our favorite rides ... just to slow down and relax!

Great spot for the parade.

Cinderella's Castle is my favorite icon of Disney -- I love all the castle photos. You can't have too many!
Yeah seeing Stitch right off the bat was definitely a highlight! Great start to a great day.

The pot roast was so good!

I took photos of pretty much everything whenever I was holding the camera.

The People Mover was great for relaxing for a couple minutes. If it had been much longer though, they would have had to wake us up when it was over! Haha.
__________________
DisneyStitch626 is offline  
Old 04-26-2012, 10:43 AM   #50
DisneyStitch626
DIS Veteran
 
DisneyStitch626's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Alberta, Canada
Posts: 5,853

Ever since the server upgrade, all my subscribed threads are always highlighted like they are unread, even though they are. Is this happening to anyone else, or is there a way to fix it?
__________________
DisneyStitch626 is offline  
Old 04-26-2012, 11:03 AM   #51
DisneyStitch626
DIS Veteran
 
DisneyStitch626's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Alberta, Canada
Posts: 5,853

A little off topic from my TR, but I got the rest of my photos of Seth back from Jan Stolee today!! She was doing a fundraiser this month where all the proceeds from her FACES for Kids photos went to a school that can't afford a lunch program. I thought it was a great opportunity to get some more photos of Seth. I just love her work, she is awesome.









Still my favourite...












I am in love with them all!
__________________

Last edited by DisneyStitch626; 04-26-2012 at 11:20 AM.
DisneyStitch626 is offline  
Old 04-26-2012, 11:47 AM   #52
Grumpy's Wife
Dollar Tree gal here
sissy fluffed, sissy fluffed!
I'll have one of what ever the tag fairy is drinking tonight
Chocolate is a girls heaven
 
Grumpy's Wife's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Mandeville, La
Posts: 26,056

Seth is such a cutie. Great pictures.
__________________



Grumpy's Wife is offline  
Old 04-26-2012, 11:55 AM   #53
DisneyStitch626
DIS Veteran
 
DisneyStitch626's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Alberta, Canada
Posts: 5,853

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumpy's Wife View Post
Seth is such a cutie. Great pictures.
Thank you!
__________________
DisneyStitch626 is offline  
Old 04-26-2012, 12:46 PM   #54
solana131
DIS Veteran
 
solana131's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Maine
Posts: 2,199

Joining in too! First of all, since the last pictures I saw were Seth, I just have to say "OMG he is ADORABLE"! You got some great pictures there

Okay, since you did a hundred updates in one day.....

Wow that was a long travel day . Glad you guys had time to sit down and eat. We had a longish layover this last time and it gave us time to breathe too. It makes the next flight so much better if you aren't running through the airport to reach the connection

That waffle at Pop looked so huge compared to Dillon's little danish

Glad you got to see opening ceremony...such a cute little show. Does DL do this too? Its so fun hearing about the differences between DL and WDW. I doubt I'll ever get out there, so its nice to know what its like.

Darn that construction scrim on Main Street Bakery. It was up when we were there in the beginning of Feb too. I really hope they are done with it by the time our July trip rolls around!

Where were your seats after Caseys for the parade? We grabbed seats 2 hours ahead of time too. We were over across the street from Caseys at the little yellow umbrella tables in front of the Plaza. They were great for Wishes, but would not have been good for a parade (the Electric Parade wasn't showing in Feb).

Loving your TR...can't wait to read more
__________________
Me(Suzi) DH(Bill) DS7(Bradey)
1985,1989,1992 Offsite
Feb'12 Poly July'12 POFQ Aug'13 Poly June'14 GF



Feb'12 TR: How do I go back to a world that doesn't have fireworks every night?
July'12 TR: July 2012. Yes it was hot. Yes it was crowded. Yes it was FUN!
August'13 TR: Mom...am I supposed to have shoes on??
solana131 is offline  
Old 04-26-2012, 01:28 PM   #55
DisneyStitch626
DIS Veteran
 
DisneyStitch626's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Alberta, Canada
Posts: 5,853

Quote:
Originally Posted by solana131 View Post
Joining in too! First of all, since the last pictures I saw were Seth, I just have to say "OMG he is ADORABLE"! You got some great pictures there

Okay, since you did a hundred updates in one day.....

Wow that was a long travel day . Glad you guys had time to sit down and eat. We had a longish layover this last time and it gave us time to breathe too. It makes the next flight so much better if you aren't running through the airport to reach the connection

That waffle at Pop looked so huge compared to Dillon's little danish

Glad you got to see opening ceremony...such a cute little show. Does DL do this too? Its so fun hearing about the differences between DL and WDW. I doubt I'll ever get out there, so its nice to know what its like.

Darn that construction scrim on Main Street Bakery. It was up when we were there in the beginning of Feb too. I really hope they are done with it by the time our July trip rolls around!

Where were your seats after Caseys for the parade? We grabbed seats 2 hours ahead of time too. We were over across the street from Caseys at the little yellow umbrella tables in front of the Plaza. They were great for Wishes, but would not have been good for a parade (the Electric Parade wasn't showing in Feb).

Loving your TR...can't wait to read more
Welcome! Thanks for joining!!

Thanks for the compliments on Seth and his photos. We just love them!

It was a very long day of traveling. I can't sleep much on the plane, and with not sleeping the night before due to excitement, that bed at Pop was very welcoming!

We always just miss the rope drop at Disneyland, but I am pretty sure they don't have an opening show like in WDW.

Our spot for the parade was just before the circle surrounding the Partners Statue on the side opposite Casey's. I believe there was a food card (Popcorn maybe?) right behind us. It was a great spot for both!

Hope to do more updates this afternoon!
__________________
DisneyStitch626 is offline  
Old 04-26-2012, 02:11 PM   #56
chocolateMinnie
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Peterborough, Uk
Posts: 2,455

congratulations on your marriage and your little boy is sooooooooooooo cute. Looking forward to the rest of your trip report and didn't realise you could get cotton candy as a dessert at Caseys - never been there but that place is getting more attractive by the minute :
__________________
Me DH DS (16) DD (12)
10/2003 CSR 10/2007 CSR/ST PETE'S/GF 02/2009 CSR10/2009 CSR 10/2010 CSR 10/2011 AKL 10/2012 BC


chocolateMinnie is offline  
Old 04-26-2012, 02:41 PM   #57
DisneyStitch626
DIS Veteran
 
DisneyStitch626's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Alberta, Canada
Posts: 5,853

So we left off with the Electrical Parade ending, and Magic, Memories and You about to begin. I hadn't heard much about this show, but it ended up being really cool. I love the way they projected things off the castle. It was a really neat effect.













And in true Disney fashion, they added some fireworks to the show...


Next, it was time for Wishes!!

































It was an amazing show! I still like Disneylands Dreams Do Come True show a bit better as far as having a story line to it and Julie Andrews narrating it, but this show was pretty amazing to see as well. We really enjoyed it! Also, we were told Tinkerbell was supposed to fly in this show, and we were supposed to be in a great spot to see her, but we didn't see her at all.


After the fireworks, we decided to go use our FP ticket for Space Mountain to hopefully avoid some of the crowds leaving the park.



We thought that the camera for this ride was in a weird spot. Right at the beginning of the ride before you've even really started it. It made for some really awkward faces! Disneyland's is right at the very end just before the breaks, so it's hard not to catch a huge smile on your face on that one.

Well our attempt at avoiding the leaving crowds didn't really work, so getting out took a little while and the bus was a little stuffed, but that's ok.

When we got back to the hotel, we asked the lady at the check-in desk how late the pool was open, and she said 24hrs!! Woohoo! We didn't think we'd get any pool time, but with the option of it being open all the time, changed that. So we headed to our room, got changed into our swimsuits, and headed to the pool. They claimed that it was heated, but it was so chilly!! I only lasted about 15 minutes or so, cause I just couldn't warm up.

After our pool time, we headed back to the hotel for bed.

Next up...Day 2: Epcot!!
__________________
DisneyStitch626 is offline  
Old 04-26-2012, 02:44 PM   #58
DisneyStitch626
DIS Veteran
 
DisneyStitch626's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Alberta, Canada
Posts: 5,853

Quote:
Originally Posted by chocolateMinnie View Post
congratulations on your marriage and your little boy is sooooooooooooo cute. Looking forward to the rest of your trip report and didn't realise you could get cotton candy as a dessert at Caseys - never been there but that place is getting more attractive by the minute :
Thanks so much! And welcome!

I forgot to say what I thought of Casey's! I thought the corn dog nuggets were really good. Didn't taste much different from a normal corn dog, but the bite size was nice. And they were really crispy, which I loved. The fries were fries. Nothing special, but still good. The cotton candy was pretty good. I hadn't had any in years, so it was a nice flashback to being a kid, haha. The place is worth checking out! Dillon got the pulled pork coleslaw hot dog a few days later, and he loved it.
__________________
DisneyStitch626 is offline  
Old 04-26-2012, 02:57 PM   #59
Princess Row
His Disney girl! <3
 
Princess Row's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: The little town in California. <3
Posts: 1,630

I am following!!
__________________
Disney Magic Cruise line 4/11/09<3 Where it all began!
After three long years of long-distance we are off to college together!! <3
August 27, 2012 the adventure begins!
Princess Row is offline  
Old 04-26-2012, 04:27 PM   #60
DisneyStitch626
DIS Veteran
 
DisneyStitch626's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Alberta, Canada
Posts: 5,853

Day 3: Ohana's!

We woke up the next morning at 8, surprisingly well rested. We found the bed at Pop really comfortable and slept great every night (except the night where someone in a room nearby set their alarm for 5 am and left it on after checking out! It went for hours!!)

We were showered and out the door by 9:00am for our breakfast at Ohana's. The easiest way to get there was to hop on an MK bus, and then from MK take the monorail to the Polynesian Resort. So that's what we did! It was a nice ride over, and we got a sneak peak of Chef Mickey's on the way through the Contemporary. What a cool hotel!



Upon arriving at the Poly, we couldn't get over how beautiful it was. The buildings and the landscaping are just so pretty. It really does feel like you are in Hawaii.







Then it was time to check in for our breakfast at Ohana's!



Once we were checked in, we got "lei'd" and then we were taken over to the portrait area to get our picture taken.



Then we were given our buzzer, and sat in the waiting area for about 10 minutes.







Out the window...




Finally, we were shown to our table, where we were introduced to our "cousin" and given some wonderful bread to start.



I had the one in the front which was a pineapple bread, and Dillon had the other one, which was a cinnamon raisin. They were so gooey and yummy.

I thought I had taken some photos of the meal portion, which we were given just after the bread, but I don't see any, so I guess I didn't. Oh well.

It was an all-you-can-eat breakfast, but served family style, which means they bring more to you whenever you need it. The first portion was so much food, that Dillon and I didn't need any more than what was given.

We had bacon, sausage, scrambled eggs, fried potatoes, and biscuits. So much food, but it was so good. They also gave us a juice that was a mix of orange, mango, guava, and passion fruit I believe. It was very good. We had the same juice later at Tusker House, and we loved it both times.

Not long after we started eating, someone showed up to greet us...






Not long after Mickey left, we got another visitor...




Stitch was just 2 tables away from us, when they got called to start a parade. I was a little worried that he wouldn't come back after, but no worries, he did!

Here he posed for me during his parade











To be continued in next post...
__________________
DisneyStitch626 is offline  
 



Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:13 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.