Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-25-2012, 05:10 PM   #31
DisneyStitch626
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneydiva16 View Post
Great trip report!!!! Love all the pictures. I leave to go in 3 days. I am very excited. I just wish the scrim wasnt still over the main street bakery. Cant wait to read more!!!
Welcome! Thank you for joining! Yay for 3 days!!!
Old 04-25-2012, 05:40 PM   #32
DizNee Luver
Luver of all things Disney!

Very cool on the Haunted Mansions interactive queing.....I had heard about it but hadn't seen pics of the stuff......yay...that should be fun!!!
Road Trip 2014HEREClub 33HEREWDW TRHEREOct PTRHERE 2013 Divas #3HERE2012 Holiday Trip HERE
WDW Dec 12 PTR~Cancelled: HERE 2011 Holiday Trip: HEREDivas, Take 2~2012: HEREDiva's TR~2011: HERE
10 of Us Summer Trip~2010: HERE 25th Anniv.TR~2009: HERE

DLR: 1967, 1972, 1984, 2005, 2008, 2009, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2011, 2012, 2012, 2013, 2013, 2014 WDW: 2013

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-25-2012, 06:37 PM   #33
204charity
DIS Veteran

Subbing in! Great pics! I already feel like I am back in DW where I belong.....
April, 2012 -Disney's Polynesian Resort
November, 2012 - Barcelo Maya Palace, Mayan Riviera, Mexico

Our Poly Dream Vacation - April, 2012 Trip Report
My Parents Gave US the World - A Poly Dream PTR
Old 04-25-2012, 07:38 PM   #34
DisneyStitch626
DIS Veteran

Welcome! Thanks for joining!
Old 04-25-2012, 08:42 PM   #35
DisneyStitch626
DIS Veteran

Next, we wanted to check out Mickey's Philharmagic, since it was fairly close to our meal reservation at Liberty Tree Tavern, and we still had about a half hour or so until we had to be there.

Some photos on the way:

Then we made it into Mickey's Philharmagic just as the show was about to start!

It was such a cute little show. Dillon wasn't a fan of the 3D at first, but it turned out to be worth checking out. I wanted to try and go again at some point, but never got the chance.

Next, we were off to find Liberty Tree Tavern for our lunch!

We checked in an sat in the waiting area for a few minutes until we were called to our table, where we placed our drink order of a couple of cokes.

Then we both decided to order the Pot Roast dish for our entrees.

It was delicious. A big meal for a lunch, but it sure hit the spot. The mashed potatoes were really tasty, the meat was juicy, and everything just went really well together. So good! We really enjoyed our time there. The waiter was really awesome too. Joking around with us and everything. He gave Dillon a funny face when he started finishing off what was left on my plate. And made another face when Dillon ordered the Fruit crisp for dessert. He was really great.

Here are our desserts:

Mine was a toffee cake with ice cream

And Dillons was the fruit crisp

Both were so good. It was such a big meal for what we are used to with lunch, but we were happy with our choice to eat here.

After lunch, we started working our way out of the park so we could go back to the hotel to get some cash for our Photopass plus card and a short break.

Some scenery and photopass stops along the way:

If you look closely, you will see a little bunny in this one. They were everywhere around Disney World. We saw a bunch in one garden in Epcot, as well as some around our resort. And they were just little ones. Really cute!

As we came around to the front of the castle, this little show was going on. We seemed to catch the very end of it every time we were near the castle on this day.

Where we are planning to eat later on before the parade:

Then we were out the gates and headed back to the resort.

To be continued....
Old 04-25-2012, 08:55 PM   #36
Trentmom
A Christmas"y" tag for a Christmas Freak!
Talk to you Sharky People Later!!!
Has a high Poodar

Loving your update

I like how you are doing comparision from DL to WDW, very interesting to hear the differences.

That is cool that your space moutain has side by side seading. I wish ours did. Took Trent on it for first time 2 years ago and was pretty nervewracking not being able to hold on to him

Forgot, that waffle at at breakfast looked so good

I love Liberty Tree Tavern. Glad you enjoyed your meal there

How great you saw Stitch so soon in beginning
Old 04-25-2012, 09:38 PM   #37
DisneyStitch626
DIS Veteran

Here are some photos of the resort area from when we returned for our short break.

Our little towel animal in our window:

While Dillon was taking a rest and unloading our camera onto his computer, I slipped over to the cafeteria to get our refillable mugs and fill them up. I wasn't sure how much use we'd get out of these, but we ended up using them more than I thought.

I grabbed the blue one for Dillon and the pink one for me.

Just after 2:30 we decided to head back to the park. We still had to get our photopass plus before using our 3:45 fastpass for Splash Mountain.

Got the sign on the way back in!

We headed in the the photo place just after crossing under the bridge and told them what we wanted. They were so excited that we were getting the Plus. We got our package and they explained all the features, etc, and I put the lanyard around my neck, where it would remain most of the trip. We also got the photos we had already taken during the day to the new card. They were chatting with us for a while, and we lost track of time and were almost late to use our Fastpass for Splash! One of the guys that was talking with us was concerned about us getting over there, so he wrote out a Fastpass ticket for us to use any time that day for any ride. That was so nice of him!

So now that we had just spent $200 on this card, our mission was to get as many photopass photos done as possible. We managed to stop at almost every one that we saw, with little to no wait! I think we did good. I will post the actual photo pass photos (other than rides and meals) at the end of the TR. But we got a lot taken with our own camera as well.

We finished up and raced over to Splash Mountain. We were a few minutes late, but they let us through anyways.

First photo using the Plus!

We actually really loved this Splash Mountain. We liked that we could sit side by side, and it was a nice enough day to not mind being a little bit wet afterwards.

After splash, we decided to head back over to Tomorrowland where we rode the Carousel of Progress, People Mover, and Buzz Lightyear.

Some photos on the way...

We caught some of that show again...I think Dillon was a little drunk with this one...

A little thing I caught while in line for the People Mover...

We really enjoyed the People Mover, mostly to just sit and relax a few minutes. It's a pretty slow moving ride, but a nice, quiet break from the walking and noise. Unfortunately I didn't get any photos of it at this time.

Here is one from our ride on Buzz. Luckily for me, the photos don't show our scores...I sucked at this one! It is a lot more difficult than the one in DL. The targets don't light up, and your gun doesn't shake, so you can't tell if you've hit anything. I think I got like 4000 points, and Dillon got about 35,000. Yeah, I sucked!

After Buzz, we did some more wandering for a bit. We made it over to Adventureland where Dillon caught sight of the Dole station. He ordered a Dole Whip Float that had orange ice cream and pineapple juice. I had a bite, and it was pretty yummy. Unfortunately, I didn't get a photo.

At this time it was getting closer to 7:00, and I was starting to get pretty tired and a little hungry. I decided I was ready to head to Casey's Corner for the Corn Dog Nuggets I was dying to try, and then get our spot for the parade. We were pretty tired, so we didn't mind that we head a 2 hour wait.

Another photo of the Castle on the wait to Casey's. Apparently I couldn't get enough of it...

We snuck into Casey's where I ordered my meal. I was expecting just the nuggets and a drink. Completely forgot about dessert, and didn't know fries were included too. What was I supposed to do with all that food??? I ended up getting cotton candy for dessert, cause it was the easiest one to save for later on.

I took my humungous meal and we went to claim our spot for the parade.

Next up: The Electrical Parade!!!

Last edited by DisneyStitch626; 04-25-2012 at 09:43 PM.
Old 04-25-2012, 09:45 PM   #38
DisneyStitch626
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trentmom View Post
Loving your update

I like how you are doing comparision from DL to WDW, very interesting to hear the differences.

That is cool that your space moutain has side by side seading. I wish ours did. Took Trent on it for first time 2 years ago and was pretty nervewracking not being able to hold on to him

Forgot, that waffle at at breakfast looked so good

I love Liberty Tree Tavern. Glad you enjoyed your meal there

How great you saw Stitch so soon in beginning
Thanks Kelly! I like to do the comparisons just so I remember it all when I am done. And also just to give insight to anyone else who might like to know.

Yeah I really didn't like the seating on Space in WDW, it was kind of uncomfortable, and the roughness of the ride just made it kind of seem like an indoor Matterhorn. Still fun though.

The waffle was pretty good. Big!
Old 04-25-2012, 09:59 PM   #39
DisneyStitch626
DIS Veteran

As we sat down in our spot, we caught the last bit of that show...AGAIN! I took a couple photos of the Castle, just to see how close we actually were for both the parade and the fireworks. It was a really great spot for both!

Getting a little darker...

And now completely dark....

You know what that means???

The Electrical Parade!!! I think this is what I was most excited about when planning this trip. It was my favourite part of my family trip to Disneyland in '96 (before all the bad stuff happened to us), so it was a pretty big thing for me then, and to see it again just brought it all back. It was great. I loved that they kept the same music and most of the same floats. So pretty.

I apologize for the flashing light saber in most of the photos. That kid was pretty annoying with it. He and his Dad got asked several times by a CM to step back, because they kept going out onto the street to take photos, and then 2 minutes later, they were back out again. Some people can be really frustrating!!

Here comes my favourite float...minus the light saber!

To be continued...
Old 04-25-2012, 10:05 PM   #40
DisneyStitch626
DIS Veteran

And the parade continues...

Sorry, we never got a clear photo of this one...

And that concludes my favourite part of the evening. It was so great seeing that parade again!

Next, I will be doing the Magic, Memories and You show, followed by Wishes! I will try my best to continue these tomorrow.
Old 04-25-2012, 10:16 PM   #41
204charity
DIS Veteran

Wow! You are motoring' along with your trip report! I'm trying to drag mine out I think. Lol trying to make the magic last longer. When we're you guys there? Recently?

I am glad to her your comparisons to DL. I have relatives that live in L.A., so we are considerng going there with the kids so we would only have t o pay for flights and park tickets. No hotel, transportation while there or food!
April, 2012 -Disney's Polynesian Resort
November, 2012 - Barcelo Maya Palace, Mayan Riviera, Mexico

Our Poly Dream Vacation - April, 2012 Trip Report
My Parents Gave US the World - A Poly Dream PTR
Old 04-25-2012, 10:23 PM   #42
DisneyStitch626
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by 204charity View Post
Wow! You are motoring' along with your trip report! I'm trying to drag mine out I think. Lol trying to make the magic last longer. When we're you guys there? Recently?

I am glad to her your comparisons to DL. I have relatives that live in L.A., so we are considerng going there with the kids so we would only have t o pay for flights and park tickets. No hotel, transportation while there or food!
We were there from the 16th-23rd. Just got home a couple days ago!

Do your relatives live close to the park? We stayed in a house about an hour away, and the commute really took away from the park experience. Just a heads up in case you have quite the drive ahead of you each way each day.
Old 04-25-2012, 10:46 PM   #43
Trentmom
A Christmas"y" tag for a Christmas Freak!
Talk to you Sharky People Later!!!
Has a high Poodar

That is great you made use of Photopass plus

Can't wait to see all the pics you get

Look like a decent amount of food from Caseys indeed

Great pics of the parade. Love that music

You are nicer than me.....I would have snatched that light saber out of hand and put it on the ground nicely of course, so not to break it
Old 04-25-2012, 11:01 PM   #44
navywifetill2002
Mouseketeer

Joining in!

Just wondering how you did in the sandals all day? DH thinks I need tennis shoes but I'm still up in the air on footwear!

Also looking forward to hearing about how you liked/didn't like the PhotoPass Plus as I'm thinking about it for our trip in September.
Old 04-25-2012, 11:22 PM   #45
DisneyStitch626
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trentmom View Post
That is great you made use of Photopass plus

Can't wait to see all the pics you get

Look like a decent amount of food from Caseys indeed

Great pics of the parade. Love that music

You are nicer than me.....I would have snatched that light saber out of hand and put it on the ground nicely of course, so not to break it
We got lots of pics!!

I was thinking about doing that, but I never get the guts to make the move. Guess I'm a bit of a chicken! Haha.

Quote:
Originally Posted by navywifetill2002 View Post
Joining in!

Just wondering how you did in the sandals all day? DH thinks I need tennis shoes but I'm still up in the air on footwear!

Also looking forward to hearing about how you liked/didn't like the PhotoPass Plus as I'm thinking about it for our trip in September.
Welcome! Glad to have you along.

The sandals were pretty good. They are Oakleys so a little better than plain old flip flops. I couldn't wear them the entire trip, I changed between them and runners every couple of days, but I found them to be really good, as they didn't give me the blisters on my heels that my runners liked to!

We actually really liked our Photopass. We had 3 character meals booked, and went on a lot of rides with photos, so I think those alone covered most of the cost. When we were at our meals, we just had to show them our card, and they'd just hand us our photo package, which we really liked. If you like and plan on getting the ride and meal photos anyways, you might as well do it. I think we ended up with about 200 photos before I edited them.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: