Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Weddings and Honeymoons > Planning our Happily Ever After
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-27-2012, 03:35 AM   #16
MrsRomance
Counting down until the next DFTW :D

LOVE everything....especially Chloe!! What a total doll! We're complete animal nuts too, we have 3 dogs, 3 cats and a degu and they are completely spoiled so don't feel bad

Do you have any ideas for dresses you have your eye on?
Old 04-27-2012, 04:54 PM   #17
yourgypsy
Mouseketeer

You two so cute together! And I can totally see why you have that picture of Steve framed. (I'm now making a mental note to have Doug do something similar )

And Chloe's adorable! I love the expression on her face in the second picture. It's very "it's a good thing I love you guys" expression.
Register to remove

Old 04-27-2012, 05:59 PM   #18
nic100308
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyEverAfter View Post
Hey girl, my birthday is on 12/21! Welcome to the beautiful brunette & happy December club! lol I ADORE Chloe! She's so friggin cute! You guys are adorable together~
Whoo!! I always said brunette's have more fun!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsRomance View Post
LOVE everything....especially Chloe!! What a total doll! We're complete animal nuts too, we have 3 dogs, 3 cats and a degu and they are completely spoiled so don't feel bad

Do you have any ideas for dresses you have your eye on?
Chloe is totally our kid! We jokingly talk about taking her too Disney for the wedding. Obviously that can't happen and it is a little silly to have your dog at your wedding, we just want to make sure she's taken care of while we're away.

I made a list of different Maggie Sottero dresses that I like. I'm torn between an A line and ballgown. Last time around I only tried on one dress! (My shameful secret) I did love it and it was beautiful but I always felt like I missed out trying on lots of dresses, even though I knew that was the one. Not sure how a ballgown will look on me, it might be a little too much dress.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yourgypsy View Post
You two so cute together! And I can totally see why you have that picture of Steve framed. (I'm now making a mental note to have Doug do something similar )

And Chloe's adorable! I love the expression on her face in the second picture. It's very "it's a good thing I love you guys" expression.
Thanks!!! I think my favorite part of that picture is that the hat actually says "Little Princess"

Chloe is such a chill dog, she loves people and is sooo affectionate. She is also very pliable which allows us to take funny pictures. But, yes, she does have this look on her face like, "Sure, okay, whatever you want but you better pet me after this!"

Little mini update - I head back from Larissa from Moya Lara invitations and I filled out a little questionnaire to start the process flow. I didn't know that all the invitations she does are complete originals, now I am so super excited! Waiting to hear back on a few things, but I am so excited to see what she comes up with.

Side note - does anyone know if Disney allows you to do a confetti toss (it would be biodegradable confetti that dissolves with water) I thought of a really cute idea instead of doing a petal toss or bubbles.
"My dearest friend, if you don't mind... I'd like to join you by your side. Where we can gaze into the stars... And sit together, now and forever. For it is plain, as anyone can see. We're simply meant to be." Jack and Sally

nic100308 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2012, 12:33 AM   #19
asunnysideup
Mouseketeer

Chloe is adorable!! And you two are as well. Looking forward to seeing the wedding come together!
asunnysideup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2012, 01:38 AM   #20
nic100308
DIS Veteran

Holy Moly, it is only 9 months

Quote:
Originally Posted by asunnysideup View Post
Chloe is adorable!! And you two are as well. Looking forward to seeing the wedding come together!
Thanks and welcome to the party!!

So I hadn't realized until today that we're not going to have as much time as I thought. I mean I always knew it was going to only be 9 months but I don't think I realized how short a time that was until I spoke to one of my girlfriends today. When I told her the date she jokingly asked if I was pregnant. I laughed and said that if I were Steve would probably throw himself out the window. Not trying to insult anyone out there, we're just not at that point. We're focusing on the wedding and enjoying our "us" time before we get into starting a family.

Since I am sort of in this limbo stage because I can't book for another month or so, I've just had a feeling that I have more time than I really do. Even when I called for a dress appointment the lady sort of indicated that I should get a jump on the whole dress thing so there would be time for the order to come in. I'm fairly organized so I do have a great deal filed away in my head.

Details (as outlined in my head) to come. To be continued...
"My dearest friend, if you don't mind... I'd like to join you by your side. Where we can gaze into the stars... And sit together, now and forever. For it is plain, as anyone can see. We're simply meant to be." Jack and Sally

Old 04-29-2012, 06:53 PM   #21
CinderALLIE
DIS Veteran

Congratulations. Looking forward to reading along.

18/10/09-9/9/09 - First trip to Disneyland with side trip to Walt Disney Family Museum *Backstage Magic Tour and Disney's Paradise Pier Hotel*

MY LIFE SUCKS!! No trips planned, hopefully late 2014 or sometime in 2015
CinderALLIE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 01:28 PM   #22
nic100308
DIS Veteran

Narrowing the details

Here are some ideas:

Invitations: Currently working with Moya Lara on save the dates, invitations and programs. I had asked if all of my information needs to be finalized with Disney in order to start the process (aka: make a deposit) My favorite color is red so I've inadvertently fallen into a black, white, and red color scheme just by looking at pictures and puling things I like.

Cake: I like the way a multi tiered cake looks but it seems such a waste because I really don't need all that cake for 20 people. I am going to have to ask if the Disney bakery does faux layers. I found this cake on the cake thread and I love it! I'm going to keep it all black and white. The picture below it is an extra little touch that I'm going to surprise Steve with. DML actually found it and emailed me, I'm going to make it Deadpool though. Not a widely known Marvel character but it is Steve's favorite.

Flowers: Red roses and green Cymbidium Orchids. I know it will be a little bit more because of the orchids but they are my favorite and the green Cymbidium Orchids were the first flowers Steve ever sent me. Steve will get an orchid for his boutonniere and parents will get white roses. Oh and my brother will get a white rose too, he will be talking me down the isle.

Cocktail hour: I found a website called Magical Kingdoms that gives you Disney wedding/catering menus. Not sure how accurate it is but I had mentioned something about a Merryweather Hors d’Oeuvres package to the coordinator over the phone and he seemed to know what I was talking about. I'm not sure if 5 different passed hors d'oeurves is too much before a sit down dinner. Everyone always says the cocktail hour is the best, but I don't want to completely overload people especially because I want them to have room for the dessert party. What's your thoughts girls? I did a little research and found that 5-10 pieces per person is about normal for a cocktail party. Yes, I am crazy like that and I research things like how much people eat at cocktail parties. As a quick side note I love to cook and entertain and I will use any excuse to throw a party. Okay back to the story, my picks right now (for 5 types) would be Asparagus-stuffed Lamb Loin, Smoked Salmon Rose and Capers, House-made Crab Cakes, Chicken and Cheese Quesadilla, and Vegetable Spring Roll with Chile. We'll also have an open bar for the cocktail hour.

Dinner/"reception": We will be having a sit down dinner at the Yachtsman, I have already called to have a preliminary question with them. At the 180 mark I can call the restaurant directly to make a reservation for their first seating for a large party. They said they can put together a menu for us that has options for our guest, minus the prices. He also said that if we wanted to pick out a couple of different bottles of wine for them to use as our quests request they can also do that. It's a really nice alternative to a reception and the manager at the Yachtsman seems to be very accommodating.

Dessert Party: I am so excited about this. I think I'm going to to with the Bambi package which is Tiramisu, Cheesecake, Chocolate Éclairs, Pistachio Cannoli, Chocolate Fudge Brownies, Linzer Diamonds, Cream Horns, Fruit Tarts, and Fresh Fruit Salad but I think I would want to switch the fruit for S'mors bars. Who wants fruit with all that dessert?

Confetti toss: I have to ask Disney is they allow you to do a biodegradable confetti toss. I thought I would put together little "horns" full of the confetti. The one I found on Etsy are white heart shaped. Below is just an idea, I would fancy them up a bit.

Favors: Mickey ornaments! I know it's not Christmas time but WDW sells those suckers all year round so I figured why not. I like the large Mickey head shaped ones. I was going to personalize them, but then decided that not everyone will want an ornament with mind and Steve's name on it. So instead I found little tags that I can have printed with our names and wedding date and a ribbon that says "Love, Laughter, and Happily Ever After" that I will tie to the ornament. I decided (in order to cut down on stuff that needs to be transported) to wait until we get down there. I know it's close, but there will only be 10-15 and I can bang those suckers out one evening. I'll just make sure that the day we arrive we have dinner in DTD so we can hit up the Christmas store.

So, it is all coming together. I am very excited to go dress shopping, but it has made me a little nervous. I just want to find something that makes me feel and look beautiful. I stepped up my gym routine, I want to look my very best that day!!

Old 04-30-2012, 08:44 PM   #23
nic100308
DIS Veteran

P.s.

Our latest in "I wonder what Chloe will let us do to her."

Old 04-30-2012, 11:03 PM   #24
asunnysideup
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by nic100308 View Post
Thanks and welcome to the party!!

So I hadn't realized until today that we're not going to have as much time as I thought. I mean I always knew it was going to only be 9 months but I don't think I realized how short a time that was until I spoke to one of my girlfriends today. When I told her the date she jokingly asked if I was pregnant. I laughed and said that if I were Steve would probably throw himself out the window. Not trying to insult anyone out there, we're just not at that point. We're focusing on the wedding and enjoying our "us" time before we get into starting a family.

Since I am sort of in this limbo stage because I can't book for another month or so, I've just had a feeling that I have more time than I really do. Even when I called for a dress appointment the lady sort of indicated that I should get a jump on the whole dress thing so there would be time for the order to come in. I'm fairly organized so I do have a great deal filed away in my head.

Details (as outlined in my head) to come. To be continued...
My best friend recently got married and planned it in 10 months - everything went off without a hitch! It does seem like a lot at first but I'm sure you'll do a great job getting everything ready.
Old 05-02-2012, 01:57 AM   #25
nic100308
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by asunnysideup View Post
My best friend recently got married and planned it in 10 months - everything went off without a hitch! It does seem like a lot at first but I'm sure you'll do a great job getting everything ready.
I know I have more than enough time, plus an Escape wedding and Disney in general make this planning process super easy. I just get myself a little anxious about things. I was near panic attack a little while ago about the guest list, we were coming in at 21 (we forgot about Steve's sisters BF). That panic flowed into a little more panic regarding a cocktail hour and the dessert party. Carrie's podcast saved me, though and I am completely calm now. Ladies, if you have not listened, it is totally worth your time!!

Old 05-04-2012, 01:28 PM   #26
nic100308
DIS Veteran

Painting, preping, and Spring cleaning

My parents will be coming out to Seattle in a little over 2 weeks for a long weekend visit. That is actually a big weekend for us as we will be able to finalize our wedding date with Disney (as I think I have mentioned) and I will be going dress shopping with my mom (which I know I have mentioned.) The mom's are on top of things, they have already started looking for their dresses.

So while there is not that much to do for the wedding as yet, I've been preparing our home for a visit. Steve moved in last October before I came out here and I arrived after Christmas with all my loot. It has taken us a little bit to organize and figure out where everything would go. I have been painting like a mad woman and I'm a little bit of a perfectionist so the pressure is on to have as much done as possible. Two bedrooms and two bathrooms to go!

Wedding stuff: I was listening to one of Carrie's old podcasts dedicated to Escape weddings. Given that Escape weddings are meant to be intimate and you do not get planning sessions in person and site visits she mentioned that an Escape brides energy is best channeled into details. Great advice!! So I ordered Carrie's book (I am hoping there are timelines for planning, I can't find one online) and I have been thinking about the little details I can include in our wedding.

So, things are pretty boring right now. Until things are finalized I suspect that it will be a little slow going. So...for whoever is following thanks for hanging in!! I know it's not the most exciting of updates but I promise the second there is news and fun stuff I will let you all know. Oh, I did purchase my first official Disney shoes for our honeymoon. Well, first two... My first are a pair of plain white Puma's, cute but good for walking. I have tiny feet so I can fit into children's sizes which is a HUGE $ saver. Second are a pair of canvas loafers. I find the secret is to NOT wear the same pair of shoes every day. I never get blisters and my feet never hurt. Plus, I'm a clothes horse.

PS-Trying to find my way into one of Steve's business trips down to Orlando. Since I don't get a site visit I might have to play the "But I have to see where everything is going to be laid out" angle. Problem is I've been to Disney so many times I don't really need a "site visit" for my Escape wedding.

Old 05-04-2012, 02:40 PM   #27
DisneyEverAfter
Can't wait to marry my prince charming!

LOL POOR CHLOE! Our cats let us do that to them too =P But LOVE the glasses All your inspirations sound awesome! I kind of like that spiderman Get on that dress search! I can't wait to see pics! :D Love your ideas so far~!
DisneyEverAfter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2012, 07:12 PM   #28
danimaroo
DIS Veteran

Hi Nicole! I followed you over from my PTR and read through your updates. Your wedding sounds like it'll be AMAZING! I'm at work so I need to sit down and catch up on your update this weekend, but I just wanted to pop in and say hi! Is it weird I kind of want to sneak over and peak out your wedding because I'll be there during your wedding? I'm just kidding, but that is awesome we'll be there at the same time, and we're both from Seattle!

Anyway, looking forward to hearing more about things, and I know what you mean about not having much to update about. It's hard when you're far out, but I'm sure things will start to pick up soon!!

EDIT: PS I LOVE Chloe! She's so stinkin' cute. We have two dogs, Milo and Anya, who are also like our children and we totally do weird things to them just because we can. Hahaha.
danimaroo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2012, 09:22 PM   #29
nic100308
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyEverAfter View Post
LOL POOR CHLOE! Our cats let us do that to them too =P But LOVE the glasses All your inspirations sound awesome! I kind of like that spiderman Get on that dress search! I can't wait to see pics! :D Love your ideas so far~!
She is such a good dog and we love her so much, so after we're done torturing her we always spoil her a little bit.

I have a few dresses that I picked out based on pictures. When my mom is here we're going to go dress shopping.

Quote:
Originally Posted by danimaroo View Post
Hi Nicole! I followed you over from my PTR and read through your updates. Your wedding sounds like it'll be AMAZING! I'm at work so I need to sit down and catch up on your update this weekend, but I just wanted to pop in and say hi! Is it weird I kind of want to sneak over and peak out your wedding because I'll be there during your wedding? I'm just kidding, but that is awesome we'll be there at the same time, and we're both from Seattle!

Anyway, looking forward to hearing more about things, and I know what you mean about not having much to update about. It's hard when you're far out, but I'm sure things will start to pick up soon!!

EDIT: PS I LOVE Chloe! She's so stinkin' cute. We have two dogs, Milo and Anya, who are also like our children and we totally do weird things to them just because we can. Hahaha.
HEY!! So glad to see you here! If Disney wasn't so strict on the 20 person limit for Escape weddings then I would totally say you should come. You can be a gawker if you want. We're getting married at SBP, so if I happen to see four people standing right outside the gazebo staring at us, I'll know it's you.

Old 05-07-2012, 10:39 PM   #30
asunnysideup
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by nic100308 View Post
I know I have more than enough time, plus an Escape wedding and Disney in general make this planning process super easy. I just get myself a little anxious about things. I was near panic attack a little while ago about the guest list, we were coming in at 21 (we forgot about Steve's sisters BF). That panic flowed into a little more panic regarding a cocktail hour and the dessert party. Carrie's podcast saved me, though and I am completely calm now. Ladies, if you have not listened, it is totally worth your time!!
Oh wow, I just started listening to them and you're absolutely right - thank you so much for recommending them!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: