Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Weddings and Honeymoons
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-24-2012, 11:19 PM   #1
karyn09
Earning My Ears

Largest Wedding EVER on Disney Cruise Line!

My husband just got off the Disney Dream on Sunday, April 22nd, 2012 and were married on Castaway Cay this past Saturday. The Wedding Coordinators and other Cast Members all told us we were the LARGEST WEDDING EVER on the Disney Cruise Line!! AMAZING!

We had 67 Family and Friends attend - and everyone enjoyed it! For many, it was their 1st cruise. Our 2 complaints we got were that many guests got sick - and I must say, it was pretty rocky our first night. There was a storm when we were leaving (Sail Away Party was held indoors) and it made the water rough. The 2nd complaint was that the trip wasn't LONG enough! Haha.

Any brides have ANY questions regarding planning or getting married on Castaway Cay - please let me know! I'll answer as best as I can. Because I know when I was planning it, I had HUNDREDS of questions!!
karyn09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2012, 11:42 PM   #2
Davids-Coco
Sometimes my inner monologue isn't so inner

I'd love to know what the add ons / "extra" charges consist of beyond the base fee. We are considering a renewal onboard for our 10th... and while I know this is different, hopefully the extras/add ons will be similar.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-25-2012, 06:05 AM   #3
wdwchat
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by karyn09 View Post
My husband just got off the Disney Dream on Sunday, April 22nd, 2012 and were married on Castaway Cay this past Saturday. The Wedding Coordinators and other Cast Members all told us we were the LARGEST WEDDING EVER on the Disney Cruise Line!! AMAZING!

We had 67 Family and Friends attend - and everyone enjoyed it! For many, it was their 1st cruise. Our 2 complaints we got were that many guests got sick - and I must say, it was pretty rocky our first night. There was a storm when we were leaving (Sail Away Party was held indoors) and it made the water rough. The 2nd complaint was that the trip wasn't LONG enough! Haha.

Any brides have ANY questions regarding planning or getting married on Castaway Cay - please let me know! I'll answer as best as I can. Because I know when I was planning it, I had HUNDREDS of questions!!
Congratulations for your wedding! And Congratulations Again for having it in such an amazing style.....! It's a dream of millions, but only the fortunate few like you can turn it into reality. Congrates !!!!
wdwchat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 07:44 AM   #4
xAshleyx
Mouseketeer

Congrats on your wedding !!!

We are contemplating a CC Wedding also-- but we dont want to wait until the end of our cruise to have the ceremony -- so we were thinking about having an on board ceremony earlier in the week. I love the photos of CC but also want time to spend while we are there.

The only sailings that have two stops at CC or CC in the begining of the trip are all in 2012. We are hoping to have everything in October 2013.

Any suggestions you have would be wonderful

what did you guys wind up doing the night of your ceremony for dinner with your large group ? ?

xAshleyx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 08:02 AM   #5
MrsDuck
DIS Veteran

Congrats Mrs!!

We want pictures!
MrsDuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 09:31 AM   #6
jenbear25
Earning My Ears

Congratulations!
Old 04-25-2012, 10:24 AM   #7
karyn09
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davids-Coco View Post
I'd love to know what the add ons / "extra" charges consist of beyond the base fee. We are considering a renewal onboard for our 10th... and while I know this is different, hopefully the extras/add ons will be similar.
With our wedding package, we paid for the base Castaway Cay ceremony fee, then because we had more than the 10 people that it includes, we had to pay an additional $20 per person (not including children under 3) - that $20 takes care of extra cake, champagne and chairs on the island.

Hope that helps
Old 04-25-2012, 10:28 AM   #8
karyn09
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by xAshleyx View Post
Congrats on your wedding !!!

We are contemplating a CC Wedding also-- but we dont want to wait until the end of our cruise to have the ceremony -- so we were thinking about having an on board ceremony earlier in the week. I love the photos of CC but also want time to spend while we are there.

The only sailings that have two stops at CC or CC in the begining of the trip are all in 2012. We are hoping to have everything in October 2013.

Any suggestions you have would be wonderful

what did you guys wind up doing the night of your ceremony for dinner with your large group ? ?
I'd highly recommend a CC wedding!! I know that the 4 night cruises have 2 stops at Castaway Cay - I'm not sure if they do weddings on the island for both stops. But just remember when booking and picking a date - they only do ONE ceremony on the island - so if it's already taken for the day you want, choose a different sailing. I couldn't book my wedding/ceremony until a minimum of one year prior - so we didn't book this until April 2011 when we already knew January 2011 we wanted it on CC.

The night of the ceremony, they usually book PALO for the couple. But because we had such a large amount of family and friends, we chose to go to PALO the night before the ceremony and any other 14 guests that wanted to dine at PALO we were able to have them join us in the Private Dining Room - that table is AWESOME. It's one huge round table and we were able to squeeze 16 people in that table without it being crowded - the most they've ever had and would recommend is 14, but we tried it and it worked!!
Old 04-25-2012, 11:05 AM   #9
xAshleyx
Mouseketeer

awe it sounds wonderful - im glad it was everything you wanted. i am so in love with the cc wedding.

DF and I were looking into getting the 1 bedroom suite with Verandah so myself, DD, and my bridal parents and mother and MIL-- have room to get ready the day of the wedding.

i have been reading that the suites on the higher levels are really rocky during the sailing and i dont want to be sick on the trip

do you know if they will let you use a suite the day of the ceremony to get ready in, as long as one is available? How did you get ready ?

xAshleyx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 08:59 PM   #10
karyn09
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by xAshleyx View Post
awe it sounds wonderful - im glad it was everything you wanted. i am so in love with the cc wedding.

DF and I were looking into getting the 1 bedroom suite with Verandah so myself, DD, and my bridal parents and mother and MIL-- have room to get ready the day of the wedding.

i have been reading that the suites on the higher levels are really rocky during the sailing and i dont want to be sick on the trip

do you know if they will let you use a suite the day of the ceremony to get ready in, as long as one is available? How did you get ready ?
We were in room 9174 - it was in the aft of the ship - literally at the end. Because of the storm we had on the 1st night, the room vibrated - and if you've ever felt a mini earthquake, that's what it felt like every few minutes. I even remember asking my husband if anyone on the forums had mentioned the vibrations since we selected our room and he said no. SO, any rooms on the AFT you might feel some vibration. My husband dressed in our stateroom while I was getting my hair and make up done at the salon - then headed to a neighboring room that our friends were staying in so that they can make sure he was to be at the designated meeting spot at the right time. When I came back to our room, my mom & sister met me there to help me get ready. If the bed wasn't in the way, we'd have a lot of room, but I just slid my dress on and waited until the wedding coordinator got me. Many of our guests were sick, but it was mainly because of the storm. The other days you hardly felt the boat move while at sea.

We didn't ask to use the royal/walt disney suites - I knew with the time crunch (hair at 7:45am, makeup at 8:30am, done by 9:10, had to be done & ready by 9:45 to get picked up by wedding coordinator), I wouldn't be able to enjoy getting ready in the suites.
Old 04-25-2012, 09:11 PM   #11
Lavaboop
Earning My Ears

Smile Midship is the best place to be

Hi Ashley, I have found that midship is the best place to be (especially if you are afraid of feeling movement.) I suspect you will be just fine, so don't worry! I have been on six cruises and never needed to take any medicine or wear a patch to prevent sea sickness. It will be fun planning your wedding and cruise!
Lavaboop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 11:43 PM   #12
stl_figment
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lavaboop View Post
Hi Ashley, I have found that midship is the best place to be (especially if you are afraid of feeling movement.) I suspect you will be just fine, so don't worry! I have been on six cruises and never needed to take any medicine or wear a patch to prevent sea sickness. It will be fun planning your wedding and cruise!
I second this, midship is best if you are afraid of feeling the movement.

Also I got dressed in my room (Room 6070 on the dream smaller balcony sized cabin). Brent got ready in the room while I was at the hair appointment at 7:45, and he was gone by the time I got back. My Maid of Honor helped me get dressed (which really didn't take any time) and all we had to do was wait on the wedding coordinator to come get us.

stl_figment is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 11:51 PM   #13
earthfaries
DIS Veteran

Congrats on your wedding! What a wonderful place to get married!!! Thank you for sharing with us, you should do a trip report about it

Living Our Dream

Disney World is our Backyard !!!
earthfaries is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2012, 12:09 AM   #14
karyn09
Earning My Ears

Here is ONE picture I was able to get and post! More to come! You can tell the wind was blowing my veil!

Old 04-26-2012, 08:19 AM   #15
DoomBuggy0922
DIS Veteran

Oh, you look BEAUTIFUL! I am in love with that dress!!

'96[POFQ] '97 [POR]; '99[POFQ] '02[OKW] '03[gparents condo] '04[gparents condo & DCL] '05[condo] '06[PC] '07[SSR] 3/08[condo] 9/08[PC] 6/09[POFQ]; 12/09[PC] '10[AKL&PC] 3/11[SSR] 8/11[PC] 01/12:BCV, GF, and BLT (Weddingmoon!!!); 05/12:AKL-KV; 12/12: SSR; 2/13: OKW; 4/13: BWV & OKW; 07/13: VWL & BCV; 09/13: BWV & YC; 11/13: PC and BWI

Next Trip: Christmas at SSR and BCV!

DFTW PJ and Honeymoon TR Memorial Day Weekend TR
DoomBuggy0922 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
castaway, cay, cruise, disney, wedding

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: