Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > Disneyland (California)
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-24-2012, 05:49 PM   #1
jeremynandrea
Earning My Ears

Disney Premier Visa Card

I know I have seen posts regarding this in the past, but can't find them now. I just received an offer in the mail for a Disney Premier Visa and they are offering (in addition to the cash back, etc) a $200 Disney gift card after your first purchase. Is this card worth it? I am thinking for the Disney GC alone it seems like it would make it worth it. Any opinions? TIA
jeremynandrea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2012, 05:57 PM   #2
nowellsl
my car finds out everytime I have money

They charge a yearly fee for this card ($49). I just got a brochure for this card and it doesn't mention the fee, so I'm just throwing it out there in case your offer didn't mention it either It depends on your usage as to if it would be worth it.
nowellsl is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-24-2012, 06:02 PM   #3
jeremynandrea
Earning My Ears

Yes, it does mention the fee in the fine print. Even with the fee, I figured the GC might be worth it. I'm still debating.
jeremynandrea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2012, 06:25 PM   #4
I'm mikey
DIS Veteran

I recieved a Disney Premier Visa offer with the a $200 Disney gift card after your first purchase. read the fine print, mine said there is a $49.00 dollar a year annual fee.

The disney visa does have a few nice perks when in the parks...
Food and merchandise discounts at certain DLR locations
disney visa private meet and greet in DCA (w/ free 5x7 picture)
early purchase of special event tickets at DLR
special Disney trip financing when paying with the disney visa and using Disney's travel service.

Chase also offers the Disney rewards visa. this card does not have an annual fee, but still offers all the perks.

You can compare these cards here
https://www.chase.com/online/Credit-Cards/disney.htm
I'm mikey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 03:48 AM   #5
boscoj
Mouseketeer

We just got the Disney Premier Card a few months ago and at the time the offer was 5% in Disney rewards for any purchases on restarurants, gas, supermarkets, and anything from Disney for 3 months and the $49 fee was waived for the first year.....

They didn't offer the $200 GC thoughd
boscoj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 09:57 AM   #6
soulmates
traveling through life, with the one I love

DVC Gold Member
Paid DVC Rent/Trade
Gold Membership

Seriously thinking about Chase Disney Rewards Visa...just doing some research on them. Don't want to jump into it just yet.
Old 04-25-2012, 10:17 AM   #7
vettegirl
Proud USAF Wife!

I love my disney visa and I just have the regular one. When I signed up a few years ago I received the $200 gift card
Old 04-25-2012, 11:00 AM   #8
nowellsl
my car finds out everytime I have money

I have the Disney Rewards card, and I too got the $200 gift card. I doubt they'll offer it again while they're trying to push the new premier card! I like the rewards on the premier, but I'm not willing to pay a yearly fee for it!
nowellsl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 11:11 AM   #9
Heymy
Mouseketeer

We've had the regular card for 5 years now and boy has it helped. I put absolutely everything on that card, including bills. I do make sure not to carry a balance, otherwise there wouldn't be a true advantage. There's just something awesome about carrying around the actual rewards card and having it pay for almost every meal of a trip. I just upgraded to the Premier card because I have a couple of major Disney trips in the works, including a cruise and figured the double points would outweigh the annual fee.

Heymy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 11:24 AM   #10
jetskigrl

Ignorance is definitely bliss sometimes!
Ok...lets shake things up a bit

The Premier card is really good if you charge just about everything to the card and then pay it off monthly. And also if you have a lot of charges in the bonus categories. But if not, I would stick with the regular version.

For us, it is perfect. I charge everything to the card (including utilities, etc) and then pay it off every month. We are DLR APs so we have many Disney charges. Our monthly AP payments are on the card, we charge our meals there, etc. We also have been doing a lot of Disney cruises lately.

I upgraded my card towards the end of February and I have already earned an extra $277 in rewards due to 5% bonus promotion (with another big payment towards a cruise coming during the promo period which should earn me another $100 rewards for just that one transaction). So during the promo period, I have covered the first 7 years of annual fees. Now all the extra 1% transacations (meaning the categories that I earn 2% instead of just 1%) are just icing on the cake.
DCL: Wonder - January 2011, Dream - B2B April 2011, Wonder - April 2012 (MR), Wonder - Sept 2012 (Pixar Pacific Coast), Fantasy - June 2013 (Eastern), Wonder - May 2014 (Cruise to Nowhere), Wonder - August 2014 (Alaska)

Next Up:
jetskigrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 11:26 AM   #11
soulmates
traveling through life, with the one I love

DVC Gold Member
Paid DVC Rent/Trade
Gold Membership

Quote:
Originally Posted by jetskigrl View Post
The Premier card is really good if you charge just about everything to the card and then pay it off monthly. And also if you have a lot of charges in the bonus categories. But if not, I would stick with the regular version.

For us, it is perfect. I charge everything to the card (including utilities, etc) and then pay it off every month. We are DLR APs so we have many Disney charges. Our monthly AP payments are on the card, we charges our meals there, etc. We also have been doing a lot of Disney cruises lately.

I upgraded my card towards the end of February and I have already earned an extra $277 in rewards due to 5% bonus promotion (with another big payment towards a cruise coming during the promo period which should earn me another $100 rewards for just that one transaction). So during the promo period, I have covered the first 7 years of annual fees. Now all the extra 1% transacations (meaning the categories that I earn 2% instead of just 1%) are just icing on the cake.

I agree, and I plan to put everything on it and pay it off monthly.
Old 04-25-2012, 11:29 AM   #12
todzwife
There's nothing worse than walking around with a wet butt

We just upgraded. I figured, if I'm buying gas, groceries etc. anyway, I may as well get paid for it. Since we try to do a Disney vacation every 18 months or so, it's worth it for us just to have the extra money for food and extras. If we can get enough for all of our tickets next time, that would be even better!

We spend about $600 a month on groceries and $200 on gas. $800 x .05= $40 a month we'll be getting back just for those 2 things. We don't eat out a lot, but it adds up!
Old 04-25-2012, 11:34 AM   #13
starshine514
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeremynandrea View Post
I know I have seen posts regarding this in the past, but can't find them now. I just received an offer in the mail for a Disney Premier Visa and they are offering (in addition to the cash back, etc) a $200 Disney gift card after your first purchase. Is this card worth it? I am thinking for the Disney GC alone it seems like it would make it worth it. Any opinions? TIA
I'd do the promo and enjoy the perks for that first year. After that, you can decide if it's worth it to you to keep it, or just downgrade to the no annual fee card.
Disneyland Trips -1983, 1986, May 2011 - Desert Inn & Suites, August 2011 - Super 8 on Katella, November 2011 - Desert Inn & Suites, December 2011 - Quality Inn on Manchester, January 2012 - Desert Inn & Suites, March 2012 - Desert Inn & Suites, May 2012 - Del Sol Inn, September 2012 - Del Sol Inn, November 2012 - Del Sol Inn, January 2013 - Ramada Maingate, February 2013 - Quality Inn on Manchester, April 2013 - Del Sol Inn, May 2013 - Hojo, August 2013 - Del Sol Inn, September 2013 - Desert Inn & Suites, November 2013 (one day trip!) - Welk Resort San Diego
Disney World Trips - July 1988, January 2010 - Sheraton Vistana Resort, November 2010 (work trip - no family along) - Coronado Springs Resort
starshine514 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 11:53 AM   #14
coaches24
DIS Veteran

Aww man I signed up for it in Feb and they were only offering a 100 GC (actually a credit to my account after first purchase and that turned into a 50 dollar credit because 49.00 went to the yearly charge). Sucks (for me anyway) they now have a 200 dollar offer.
Old 04-25-2012, 11:55 AM   #15
coaches24
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by soulmates View Post
I agree, and I plan to put everything on it and pay it off monthly.
Yep thats what I am starting to do. I put part of my next DL vacation package on it and have 6 months no interest to pay that off but otherwise I use it for groceries or gas etc and put that money in savings until its time to pay the bill. Just have to be careful not to buy things you normally wouldnt buy just because you are using a CC.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: