Ths DIS is a great place to ask Orlando airport transportation questions and share tips.  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Transportation
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-10-2012, 11:40 AM   #691
Paging Tom Morrow
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmeh1 View Post
I hesitate to post on this topic because of where I work, but, just a FYI. Dollar and Thrifty share ONE row on each side of the airport. That means, one row, two sides(not a lot of cars or selection). They assign your car, you do not get to select it. No kiosk, counter only.
Advantage, owned by Hertz. Not sure of the set up, but, they also assign your car, no selection by you. No Kiosk, counter check in.
Personally, I don't care (not meant in a nasty way) who you rent from, but, I would like you to be aware of your options.
Unless things have changed since April, you DO get to select your car at Dollar. We had rented a full size, went to the appropriate aisle and had our choice of some pretty well beaten Crown Victorias or newer Altimas. We took the Altima.

(Just double checked my reservation from then to ensure it was Dollar).
Boardwalk Villas - 2006, 2012
Saratoga Springs Resort and Spa - 2009, 2013
Contemporary Resort - 2002
Yacht Club - 2004
Walt Disney Swan - 2005
Old Key West - 2012
Polynesian Resort - 2014
Paging Tom Morrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2012, 12:16 PM   #692
mrstomrice
Thomas and Jake's Mommy:)

This is my first time renting a car in 11 years. We went with dollar and did the online registration. We still have to pay for it. Will there be signs that indicate where to go once I get my bags? Would it be easier to send DH to get my bags and me to get the car....by easier, I mean faster....I want to get to Disney asap
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-10-2012, 02:54 PM   #693
gmeh1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paging Tom Morrow View Post
Unless things have changed since April, you DO get to select your car at Dollar. We had rented a full size, went to the appropriate aisle and had our choice of some pretty well beaten Crown Victorias or newer Altimas. We took the Altima.

Not sure if they changed or not, but every single person I direct to Dollar or Thrifty (apparently reading signs is not something anyone does anymore) has a rental contract and the location of their vehicle. Also, I am asked a bunch where a certain parking space for Dollar/thrifty is, so, that would lead me to believe the vehicles are preassigned. If I run across my friend who works for Dollar, I will ask her and get back to update.
gmeh1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2012, 06:23 PM   #694
pigletto
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I hesitate to post on this topic because of where I work, but, just a FYI. Dollar and Thrifty share ONE row on each side of the airport. That means, one row, two sides(not a lot of cars or selection). They assign your car, you do not get to select it. No kiosk, counter only.
Advantage, owned by Hertz. Not sure of the set up, but, they also assign your car, no selection by you. No Kiosk, counter check in.
Personally, I don't care (not meant in a nasty way) who you rent from, but, I would like you to be aware of your options.
Thank you gmeh1,

I loved Alamo, and will stick with them. We're trying to stay under a certain budget for this trip so it gets tempting when I see a lower rater, but I haven't switched.
pigletto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2012, 09:51 AM   #695
gmeh1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by pigletto View Post
Thank you gmeh1,

I loved Alamo, and will stick with them. We're trying to stay under a certain budget for this trip so it gets tempting when I see a lower rater, but I haven't switched.
You are most welcome. I do understand about budgets and having some wiggle room. And I most certainly understand about temptation. LOL.
Have a GREAT trip.
gmeh1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2012, 11:11 AM   #696
noname70
Mouseketeer

subscribing
Old 08-12-2012, 08:27 AM   #697
MDM
Boardwalk DVC Member April 2000

Anyone have any more info on the T Code? Almost too good to be true. 8/14-8/20 is $262 for a mini van. Any membership/code associated with it. Just would hate to check in and find that the code is bogus. Thanks for the help. MDM
MDM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2012, 08:55 AM   #698
palhockeymomof2
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MDM View Post
Anyone have any more info on the T Code? Almost too good to be true. 8/14-8/20 is $262 for a mini van. Any membership/code associated with it. Just would hate to check in and find that the code is bogus. Thanks for the help. MDM
We just picked up a minivan using this code in ft Myers fl yesterday.....we tried to use the Kiosk check in but couldn't ...so we had to,use the counter.....the girl there looked at the code .....said it was a German code and had to ask if it was ok......she came back and honored it.....but I would not use,it again unless I was able to bypass the counter...too stressful waiting for her to come back.....I did have a back up reservation with national so if it didn't work we would have gone there....not sure if the Orlando,airport would have been different since the volume of,rentals there is much higher than ft Myers
palhockeymomof2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2012, 09:04 AM   #699
MDM
Boardwalk DVC Member April 2000

Yeah sort of wanted a stress free vacation....not the best way to start it by using a code that might not work.... Thanks MDM
MDM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2012, 09:30 AM   #700
palhockeymomof2
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Yeah sort of wanted a stress free vacation....not the best way to start it by using a code that might not work.... Thanks MDM
Lol,yea...my,hubby walked away from the counter and said...you deal with,this
palhockeymomof2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2012, 10:00 AM   #701
disneychic
DIS Veteran

Yeah, I wasn't taking a chance on that code. Just playing it safe and using my Costco code
Old 08-12-2012, 11:12 AM   #702
jujube
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Just used the "T" code at MCO last week. No problem at all- not even an eye blink. When I returned the SUV, the attendant said he was checking that the tank had been filled. I told him that fuel was included in my rate and again not even an eye blink.
If it makes you feel better to have a back up code do that. As I've stated previously though, we have used the different variations of this code for years at airports throughout the country and have never had a problem.
jujube is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2012, 12:32 PM   #703
danjoan14
Clang Clang Clang Went The Trolley

Does anyone have any good rental codes for a minivan pickup in Tampa? Right now I have a weekly total rate of $429 with Alamo. I've been checking everyday. The rates are still higher than what I have. Thanks!!!

2013 - Port Orelans Riverside
2010 - Sheraton Vistana Villages
2007 - Dolphin
2005 - Sheraton Vistana Villiages
danjoan14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2012, 02:41 PM   #704
k&a&c'smom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paging Tom Morrow View Post

Quote:
Not sure if they changed or not, but every single person I direct to Dollar or Thrifty (apparently reading signs is not something anyone does anymore) has a rental contract and the location of their vehicle. Also, I am asked a bunch where a certain parking space for Dollar/thrifty is, so, that would lead me to believe the vehicles are preassigned. If I run across my friend who works for Dollar, I will ask her and get back to update.
Unless they've changed since we last used Dollar (more than a year, I'll admit), we were given a contract, set of keys and pointed to a specific space. We were allowed to bypass the counter and check in at the garage due to Express membership.
*1996 Dixie Landings * 1998 Boardwalk Inn * 1999 Polynesian * 2000 Polynesian * '01 HRH * '02 GF * '03 AKL & BC * '04 Poly/AKL & Poly/BWI & POR * '05 AKL/Dolphin & POFQ * '06 Poly/GF & Christmas at the GF * '07 GF & HRH/BWI/WL/YC/GF & GF * '09 Poly/AKL & WL & GF * '10 AKL/GF & RPR/BC/GF *'11 GF & BC * '12 HRH/PBH & YC/GF * '13 GF/PBH
Thnx WDWKOOK! Forever in our hearts, JungleCruiser
k&a&c'smom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2012, 09:30 PM   #705
lovesny
Earning My Ears

t code

can someone give me the t-code for a car rental in ft myers. also... what car agency is it.
lovesny is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
2012, august, car rental

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: