Ths DIS is a great place to ask Orlando airport transportation questions and share tips.  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Transportation
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-08-2012, 08:45 PM   #676
pigletto
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by horselover View Post
Where did you get that American Airlines code? It says American Airlines Valley offer. Is it just an AA frequent flyer code? I used it last night (so glad I did) & got a one week compact for $101.66. Today as others have seen the rates went way up.
I used it in May with zero issues. A ton of people in the May thread used it too
Old 08-08-2012, 08:57 PM   #677
poppypetal
Mouseketeer

Which is the AA #?
Register to remove

Old 08-08-2012, 09:41 PM   #678
disneychic
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by pigletto

I used it in May with zero issues. A ton of people in the May thread used it too
That's great! Thanks!
disneychic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2012, 01:17 AM   #679
ICan'tWait
Mouseketeer

Rates for Alamo in Tampa dropped. I just saved $100.
ICan'tWait is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2012, 07:10 AM   #680
horselover
I've been bitten by the travel bug & there is no cure.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pigletto View Post
Thanks! I don't usually have an issue with codes at Alamo. It makes it easier.if you use the kiosk as well.
Old 08-09-2012, 07:30 AM   #681
emesmamosh
Earning My Ears

car rental for next week in nyc, please help?

I need i car rental for a week in nyc, anyone any codes or good rates, thanks in advance for any help.
emesmamosh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2012, 07:47 AM   #682
pigletto
DIS Veteran

So I checked Advantage today and it gives me a rate for the same car class that is 15 dollars lower than my Alamo reservation. I am not familiar with Advantage and a little hesitant to book with them. Everything was so easy with my Alamo reservation in May that I kind of want to stick with what I am comfortable with.
If it dropped really low I would consider it but I think I am happier paying more with Alamo.
Old 08-09-2012, 08:10 AM   #683
Tara
Bad Influence

Quote:
So I checked Advantage today and it gives me a rate for the same car class that is 15 dollars lower than my Alamo reservation. I am not familiar with Advantage and a little hesitant to book with them. Everything was so easy with my Alamo reservation in May that I kind of want to stick with what I am comfortable with.
If it dropped really low I would consider it but I think I am happier paying more with Alamo.
There's NO WAY I'd switch to Advantage (or really most other rental companies) for $15...or for even more savings, really. Being able to use the kiosk (or go straight to the garage) is too important to me. But being able to pick my own car is terrific. I'm really picky about it - my criteria starts with cars from certain manufacturers, then I look for light colored interior (if I'm there when it's hot, which is most of the time!). Then I smell the inside - sometimes the cleaning products they use leave such a strong smell that it literally makes me feel sick! When I find one I like, I start it and turn on the a/c and then start loading it. That is the way I found once that the a/c in my car was not working...not something I would have enjoyed discovering after I'd left the airport.

I've always gotten really good customer service with Alamo and National, too. Once I had a car from Alamo and when I arrived at the resort I realized that the floor mat was soaked with something (seemed to be water) because the back of my pants leg was wet from the cuff to about mid-calf. Inconvenient but no biggie. When I returned the car they asked how everything was and I said it was fine, then remembered the mat and offhandedly mentioned it. Not in a mad way, not really complaining, just "oh, this happened." They knocked $25 off my final price without another word.

Tara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2012, 08:18 AM   #684
pigletto
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tara View Post
There's NO WAY I'd switch to Advantage (or really most other rental companies) for $15...or for even more savings, really. Being able to use the kiosk (or go straight to the garage) is too important to me. But being able to pick my own car is terrific. I'm really picky about it - my criteria starts with cars from certain manufacturers, then I look for light colored interior (if I'm there when it's hot, which is most of the time!). Then I smell the inside - sometimes the cleaning products they use leave such a strong smell that it literally makes me feel sick! When I find one I like, I start it and turn on the a/c and then start loading it. That is the way I found once that the a/c in my car was not working...not something I would have enjoyed discovering after I'd left the airport.

I've always gotten really good customer service with Alamo and National, too. Once I had a car from Alamo and when I arrived at the resort I realized that the floor mat was soaked with something (seemed to be water) because the back of my pants leg was wet from the cuff to about mid-calf. Inconvenient but no biggie. When I returned the car they asked how everything was and I said it was fine, then remembered the mat and offhandedly mentioned it. Not in a mad way, not really complaining, just "oh, this happened." They knocked $25 off my final price without another word.
Thanks Tara. You've confirmed what I was leaning towards. When we went in May the lines were ridiculous at the counter but we were able to walk straight to the Kiosk, pick our car, and were on our way in 15 minutes.
Also you are right, being able to pick your vehicle is priceless. We're booked in a full-size for this trip for 5 of us, and we really need the Impala because of the trunk space. I'm pretty certain there will be a ton of Impalas in the full-size aisle.
So thanks again, I won't be switching.
Old 08-09-2012, 08:26 AM   #685
jakeybake
DIS Veteran

I will only use Alamo. We have used them since our honeymoon back in '91, when you had to take a shuttle to their building a mile or two away.

They have always given us great customer service and the prices are always better then anyone else.

I don't even think about renting from anyone else.

J
jakeybake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2012, 11:32 AM   #686
Interpol
Mouseketeer

Just scored a full size rental from Avis (MCO airport) for 10 days, 8/18-8/28, for $10/day bidding on Priceline. Total came to $187.
Interpol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2012, 08:45 PM   #687
2bliss
Earning My Ears

Hi everyone I'm going crazy wth all these different car rental prices!! I'm not sure if I got a good deal please help! We are picking up a mid size SUV in NJ, driving to Florida, and keeping the car for 14 days. The total price is $492 with Alamo please tell me tell me if this a good deal. Thanks if it matters our dates are 8/11-8/25 thanks a bunch!!
Old 08-09-2012, 08:52 PM   #688
pigletto
DIS Veteran

I just checked Dollar and can get a full-size for 11 days for 173.
Still sticking with Alamo but it's getting harder.
Old 08-10-2012, 05:59 AM   #689
eeyorepixie
AKA Queenie

checked overall prices today...yikes throught the roof, but will keep checking everyday until we leave next week.
Old 08-10-2012, 11:13 AM   #690
gmeh1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I just checked Dollar and can get a full-size for 11 days for 173.
Still sticking with Alamo but it's getting harder.
I hesitate to post on this topic because of where I work, but, just a FYI. Dollar and Thrifty share ONE row on each side of the airport. That means, one row, two sides(not a lot of cars or selection). They assign your car, you do not get to select it. No kiosk, counter only.
Advantage, owned by Hertz. Not sure of the set up, but, they also assign your car, no selection by you. No Kiosk, counter check in.
Personally, I don't care (not meant in a nasty way) who you rent from, but, I would like you to be aware of your options.
gmeh1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
2012, august, car rental

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: