Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Universal Studios/Sea World > Sea World / Discovery Cove
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-24-2012, 09:15 AM   #1
tms295psu
Mouseketeer

Touring Plan (w/ 2 young kids) First time trip!

Send me your touring strategy...

We will be visiting Seaworld for the first time Sunday, Memorial Day weekend. EXPECTING CROWDS

We will have a preschooler and a young toddler with us. No need for Thrill rides!

I'll be watching for the show schedule to be available online. What is your recommendation for do first, etc. And must sees or don't feel so bad if we miss out on attractions.
Old 04-24-2012, 11:51 AM   #2
tiff211
DIS Cast Member
Was busted by leaving chocolate tracks in the Cool Whip!
"what did we learn on the board today?"

Hi, my kids LOVE seaworld. The shows are do not miss for sure. Pets ahoy and Clyde and Seamore take pirate Island have always been the favorites. The Shamu show of course but my girls only care about sitting in the soak zone. If you sit there, prepare to get soaked. I thought I sat up high enough and was still doused! You also can feed the seals, sharks, dolphins and sting rays. The sharks didn't seem to enthused but if you do one of the 1st dolphin feeding, they are pretty interactive and you can pet them (lots of photo ops). The seals are pretty excited to see food early in the day as well but you have to throw the fish to them. My little one got frustrated because she really had to throw hard. So, with the ages of your children, I would say feed the dolphins. Its the only feeding that had set times during the day. People start lining up about 30 minutes beforehand. I believe a tray of food is $5, 4 with an annual pass. We just sat and had a snack while waiting in line.

There is a whole seasame street section dedicated to the little ones. There is a show with Elmo and Abby, a place where they can play in the water and some kiddie rides.

We were passholders and just got back on Sunday. We just missed the opening of turtle trek, which looks awesome but I am sure will have long lines. Enjoy your trip and feel free to ask any questions!
tiff211 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-30-2012, 02:55 PM   #3
j4ino
Earning My Ears

I too am taking my two young kids (who are interested in seeing real animals -not Elmo). How much time are you allowing yourself to see all the activities? A full day may be too exhausting for them...
j4ino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2012, 08:32 AM   #4
tms295psu
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by j4ino View Post
I too am taking my two young kids (who are interested in seeing real animals -not Elmo). How much time are you allowing yourself to see all the activities? A full day may be too exhausting for them...
We were planning a 9:30 - 10 am arrival... seeing the BIG shows and main attractions! and leaving late afternoon.

We are not interested in the Elmo/Sesame Street stuff either... Sesame Place is about an hour from our home. BUT... We will go with the kid's flow...

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: