Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > Disneyland (California)
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 04-24-2012, 08:36 AM   #16
NStramler
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 159

Good Luck! I do not post alot but I do read the boards daily and post when I think I have information that will be helpful. I am good at giving weather reports about the grapevine

As for Club 33, I have not asked, nor will I ask... Am I happy for the ones that get them? You bet!!! If I never visit... that's okay, we all need something to "dream" about...

As others have said, ask around ... you might get lucky that someone you know can get you in. As much as that membership costs and as limited as the passes to get in are, if I had a membership, I would be very careful who I shared the passes with....
NStramler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2012, 09:43 AM   #17
DanT
First visit 1955, with many more to come!
 
DanT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Auburn, CA
Posts: 291

Been going to DL since 1955, and have always wanted to go to Club 33 since it was built, but no luck so far...
as a possible substitution, possibly a nice dinner reservation at Blue Bayou....anyone can get a water side table and have a very nice dinner.
And the cost of the meal while still expensive, will be nothing anywhere near the cost of a meal at Club 33.
Other things to help celebrate that would be nice:
Ride in the Lilly Belle
Ride in the tender on one of the trains that has that capacity...CKH and EPR IIRC
Desert seating for Fantasmic
you could do all of these things and have $$ left over compared to dinner at Club 33.
And you don't have to ask a favor for any of these substitutions either.
__________________
First Trip was in 1955
DanT is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 04-24-2012, 11:57 AM   #18
medievaldave
DIS Veteran
 
medievaldave's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: HOT HOT Arizona
Posts: 799

I understand how hard it is to get into club33. I have asked friends, family and the company I work for(southwest airlines). My wife and I just adopted a baby from Korea (turns 1 on Friday). We still have almost a year until we can bring him home. I would love to take her to club33 for her first mothers day gift but instead I might have to fly to Disneyland for the day and get her the purse she wants.. What Im getting at is there are many more special gifts you can get a person.
__________________


Staying at the VGF in November for the first time as DVC members. Good bye Pop Century we will miss you

Last edited by medievaldave; 04-24-2012 at 12:08 PM.
medievaldave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2012, 12:40 PM   #19
pixiewings71
Sweet!!! Totally!!!!!
YAY for good weather!
It's that Disney Magic, I don't know how it works but it does!
 
pixiewings71's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Suisun City CA
Posts: 22,280

Quote:
Originally Posted by cal a marie View Post
Thank you Pixiewings, I hope you get a little bit of that magic pixie dust as well ^_^
Thank You

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minuet888 View Post
hi
I'm not a club 33 member but its not just your lack of posting history that would bother me but the ages of the people that would be going, does club 33 even allow people under 21 in?
I teach high school and I try not to make general assumptions about 18-21 year olds but asking someone who paid thousands of dollars and a waiting list of years to put all that on the line for some under...kids.
I just couldn't do it, sorry.
All ages are allowed at Club 33. However it is considered good manners to be sure your party behaves appropriately for the type of eating establishment that Club 33 is.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cal a marie View Post
I guess it's ok to be snarky on disboards, seeing as how every other post in this thread is (with my regards going out to those who were kind). I mean I get that people see this kind of post all the time, but I feel like there's so much hostility in this entire thread. Where is the love ?

Anyways, as I said in the very first post,

For the record, to any and all who have posted thus far, I respect your opinions and I hope there is no resentment between us.
No resentment, we just get this type of post a lot, some members get annoyed by the repeated requests. Hang in there!! We really are a nice bunch!

Quote:
Originally Posted by medievaldave View Post
I understand how hard it is to get into club33. I have asked friends, family and the company I work for(southwest airlines). My wife and I just adopted a baby from Korea (turns 1 on Friday). We still have almost a year until we can bring him home. I would love to take her to club33 for her first mothers day gift but instead I might have to fly to Disneyland for the day and get her the purse she wants.. What Im getting at is there are many more special gifts you can get a person.
I hope you get to take your wife to Club 33!!! Congrats on your new baby, I wish you didn't have to wait so long to bring him home!

I wanted to clarify something, I've never actually asked for a Club 33 reservation, I realize my PP did say that but I mis-spoke. I've dreamed, I've said many times on threads like this one that I would love to one day go but I've never actually posted a thread on the boards asking for someone to get me in. I just wanted to clarify that. LOL

Keep dreaming everyone, you never know when you might get some of your own!!
__________________
Kerri DBF DD18 DD14

We took 14 trips from July 07-July 08 and around 16 from Jan 09-Jan 10. We did 5 trips 2011-2012. 2012-2013 4 trips.


eBay and pins http://disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2213419
pixiewings71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2012, 12:46 PM   #20
gis
Earning My Ears
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Burbank, CA
Posts: 65

I do wish you lots of luck trying to get an invite in. I have some interesting connections throughout the WDC, but never any to get me into there.. I am curious to see how it is, but I'm all right with having it be a mystery.

You might really start considering alternatives.
gis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2012, 02:23 PM   #21
DisneyMomma81
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Northern Utah
Posts: 5,906

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pesky View Post
One piece of advice is to consider asking around any corporate contacts you or maybe your parents might have. It is often used as a recruiting trip for local law firms, I know, so you might want to ask around that way and might stand a better chance of success. GL!
Hmm, my cousin's husband *an attorney* worked for a law firm in Irvine a couple years ago, my kids uncle *an almost attorney* will work for a LA law firm next year, he's clerking for a judge in PA this fall-next spring after law school graduation. Perhaps we'll be able to visit Club 33 someday!
DisneyMomma81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2012, 03:05 PM   #22
cal a marie
Earning My Ears
 
cal a marie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: San Francisco
Posts: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disney Dreams View Post
HI Cal A Marie,

I just wanted to address your "Where's the love?" question and your questioning of the hostility felt on this thread. You have received many (unnecessary) snarky replies --- since that seems to be the word of the moment and it's really in necessary.

That said, I would like you to imagine something you own that is very expensive to you and could be taken away in an instant due to someone else's actions. Would you trust that item to a total and complete stranger that you have never even had a chance to get to know virtually, much less personally?

I had an extremely significant birthday last year and wanted so very badly to go to Club 33 with my DH and a few friends. I asked every single person I could think of in real life that might know someone who knows someone who could get me a reservation for my birthday. I came up empty.

Did I ask here on DIS? No. Why? I suppose, even after being a member for %+ years, it still seemed inappropriate to put a blanket ask out to a "crowd" of people who I only know via posts on a message board. It would be the same as standing outside the Club 33 door and asking everyone who exits if they will make a reservation for you. Oddly inappropriate, right? Right.

My advice to make your boyfriend's dream come true? Ask every single person you know. Friends. Friends' parents. Bosses. Teachers. Hairstylist. Nail salon people. Car mechanic. People who work at your favorite shop. And on and on and on. Someone knows someone who can get you in. I have yet to find that person that is six removed from me, but I am certain they are out there. It's just a matter of finding them.

Good luck and I hope you have a wonderful visit to Disneyland with your boyfriend, whether part of it is in Club 33 or not.

- Dreams

P.S. As for the hostility on this thread... I don't know why, but members of DIS have seemingly gotten more and more biting in replies in the last year or so. It's sort of sad, but it is true. You have to learn to ignore 3/4 of it. But, again, that comes from being on the boards and learning the environment.

That said, again, imagine someone posting for the very first time on a message board requesting use of something very expensive that you value very much and would never want to lose. It's bound to draw some negativity, no? Best of luck to you in everything.
Thank you for your reply Dreams.

Before actually making my account and my post, I did a search on disboards of all the Club 33 reservation requests. Of all the posts that I looked at, I've only seen one negative comment that said that the disboards user was a little annoyed at all the requests. Of course, I didn't pay any attention to how many posts someone has had, but I certainly didn't expect all the hostility.

And enough about my rant ..

I do understand a Club 33 member's reasons behind the decision to accept or decline. It's really hard to trust something so precious to a group of strangers, especially if you don't know how they'll behave. Did you know that some members who give out reservations don't even get thanks in return?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mama Who View Post
Friend of a friend. After our first visit we sent him a thank you email... and apparently that was an uncommon thing! So when we went on a later trip without the friends who know the member, he was willing to extend us an invite based on us having had the simple good manners to say "thank you" for a once in a lifetime experience.

It absolutely kills me that with all the people he has treated to this experience, almost nobody ever thought to send a flipping email to express a little gratitude.
Many people are quick to ask for reservations, but not often do they appreciate it. TBH, I'm expecting all declines, but then again, you can't win the lottery if you don't buy a ticket right?

I have been networking for a while actually, I've asked my boyfriend's parents but they both came up empty. My mother works for Maxim Integrated Products, and has been looking around, but no luck.
I'm close though, my boyfriend's friend goes to UCI and she knows people who are cast members who in turn probably know other cast members who are club 33 members. I don't think I'll become that desperate enough to ask 4 degrees away from me .

I do sincerely hope that you will get the opportunity to visit the club as well. Best wishes ^_^
cal a marie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2012, 03:09 PM   #23
cal a marie
Earning My Ears
 
cal a marie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: San Francisco
Posts: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pesky View Post
One piece of advice is to consider asking around any corporate contacts you or maybe your parents might have. It is often used as a recruiting trip for local law firms, I know, so you might want to ask around that way and might stand a better chance of success. GL!
I actually have been networking for a while..
My boyfriend's parent's are a nurse and postal worker, so I'm not sure I should be expecting anything there, corporate benefits wise.. My dad doesn't work, but my mother works for Maxim Integrated Products, this feels like a very very viable option. I feel like I'm close, thanks for the luck ^_^
cal a marie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2012, 03:16 PM   #24
cal a marie
Earning My Ears
 
cal a marie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: San Francisco
Posts: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by NStramler View Post
Good Luck! I do not post alot but I do read the boards daily and post when I think I have information that will be helpful. I am good at giving weather reports about the grapevine

As for Club 33, I have not asked, nor will I ask... Am I happy for the ones that get them? You bet!!! If I never visit... that's okay, we all need something to "dream" about...

As others have said, ask around ... you might get lucky that someone you know can get you in. As much as that membership costs and as limited as the passes to get in are, if I had a membership, I would be very careful who I shared the passes with....
Thank you for your kind words and advice.
If I had a membership, I'd be careful too. Some people who ask members for reservations don't even have the respect or dignity to say thanks. Apparently its a rare thing, and if I do end up meeting a kind benefactor, I'll be sure to express my gratitude and appreciation.

I hope you will have the opportunity to visit the club someday ^_^
cal a marie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2012, 03:19 PM   #25
cal a marie
Earning My Ears
 
cal a marie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: San Francisco
Posts: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanT View Post
Been going to DL since 1955, and have always wanted to go to Club 33 since it was built, but no luck so far...
as a possible substitution, possibly a nice dinner reservation at Blue Bayou....anyone can get a water side table and have a very nice dinner.
And the cost of the meal while still expensive, will be nothing anywhere near the cost of a meal at Club 33.
Other things to help celebrate that would be nice:
Ride in the Lilly Belle
Ride in the tender on one of the trains that has that capacity...CKH and EPR IIRC
Desert seating for Fantasmic
you could do all of these things and have $$ left over compared to dinner at Club 33.
And you don't have to ask a favor for any of these substitutions either.
Thank you for the advice.
My boyfriend has actually done all of those things already and we plan to do them again
cal a marie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2012, 03:35 PM   #26
disneegrl4eva
now we just need a secret handshake or sign...
...because I'm special like that
 
disneegrl4eva's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: smack dab in the middle of cali!!
Posts: 8,940

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disney Dreams View Post

P.S. As for the hostility on this thread... I don't know why, but members of DIS have seemingly gotten more and more biting in replies in the last year or so.
hon, that kind of thing has been going on for years...not just in the last year or so...Ive seen some real dillys on this board...ones where people got banned and also caused alot of controversies....its crazy
Quote:
Originally Posted by pixiewings71 View Post


No resentment, we just get this type of post a lot, some members get annoyed by the repeated requests. Hang in there!! We really are a nice bunch!
Quote:
Originally Posted by cal a marie View Post
Thank you for your reply Dreams.

Before actually making my account and my post, I did a search on disboards of all the Club 33 reservation requests. Of all the posts that I looked at, I've only seen one negative comment that said that the disboards user was a little annoyed at all the requests.
oh trust me...its there...I know that over the years they've changed the formats on the boards and its made it hard to find old ones but they are DEFINITELY out there....

if you want to know my honest feeling, I think it goes along with Jack and what he was saying...there are people who have been on these boards for years and have tried so many different ways to get into Club 33...pretty much the majority of people on these boards are avid DL fans to the max and would love to get in..and it hits a nerve with people who have been on here for so long when they see a newbie (whether you have lirked for awhile or not) with their first post being that of a request for Club 33...I think they feel like they deserve it before you do but at the same time, you dont know that and neither does anyone else coming in for the first time...Ive just learned to take things like this with a grain of salt...and remember no matter what, your bf is going to have a blast there
__________________
disneegrl4eva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2012, 07:00 PM   #27
Minuet888
DIS Veteran
 
Minuet888's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 934

Hi
My post regarding ages wasn't intended to be rude or snarky, if it was taken that way I apologize.
My intention with that post was to give another possible reason why you might be rejected or why I personally wouldn't do it (if I had a membership to club 33 which I don't)
Minuet888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
club 33, disneyland, reservation



Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:16 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.