Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > Disneyland (California)
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-23-2012, 09:38 PM   #1
cal a marie
Earning My Ears

Smile Make my boyfriend's Club 33 wish come true?

Hello everyone!

My name is Marie. Are any of you, by any chance, a club 33 member? I really hope this doesn't just sound like another Club 33 request, especially since so many other people want reservations (there's a thread every week or so), but I'm hoping dreams come true. It is my boyfriend's 21st birthday this coming June and we are planning a Disneyland trip to celebrate. I was really hoping to surprise him with reservations.

As I am sure you know, there are many different coming-of-age ceremonies for men and women, such as Sweet Sixteens and Quinceneras. Men don't really get big parties, but in the Philippines men come of age at 21. He has selected a very close handpicked group of friends (his "court") to go with him to Disneyland. He has always dreamed of passing through those "go away green doors" as he liked to call them and marveling at the private restaurant of Walt Disney's legacy. Of course, since we aren't members, we can't really fulfill his dream.

I am aware of the new, yet confusing, policy changes. We wouldn't want to inconvience you if you preferred that your allotted 50 tickets per year remained unchanged. I understand that while we would like to have the complimentary park hopper passes for the day, we would be happy with just paying for the meal as we would probably already be inside of the park.
If at all possible we would like to request a reservation of our small group which will include 3 or 4 well-behaved, young adults aged 20-21. I understand that trusting a complete stranger without the knowledge that his or her party will behave is completely risky; I give you my word that we will not tarnish your reputation and your standing within the club. We will be well dressed and respectful during our visit. All of us are incredible Disney fans (the dork uses disney pins as a tie tack ) and, as this would probably be our only opportunity to visit the club, we wouldn’t want to risk you losing your membership.
Please feel free to ask me any questions, it would mean a lot to me if I could do this for my boyfriend.

Thank you for your time!

Sincerely,
Marie

Last edited by cal a marie; 04-23-2012 at 11:45 PM. Reason: forgot to change the ages =P...
cal a marie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012, 09:46 PM   #2
Malcon10t
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by cal a marie View Post
Hello everyone!

My name is Marie. Are any of you, by any chance, a club 33 member? I really hope this doesn't just sound like another Club 33 request, especially since so many other people want reservations (there's a thread every week or so), but I'm hoping dreams come true. It is my boyfriend's 21st birthday this coming June and we are planning a Disneyland trip to celebrate. I was really hoping to surprise him with reservations.
Just a heads up, most of the people you PMed at Micechat are here also.

Before posting your first post on any board making a request to send you to the Club (I see you have decreased your group from 7 to 4) you might consider chatting with people about your previous trips and learning who is who here.

I wish you luck.
Malcon10t is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-23-2012, 09:55 PM   #3
pixiewings71
Sweet!!! Totally!!!!!
YAY for good weather!
It's that Disney Magic, I don't know how it works but it does!

Good luck, I've been asking for years and am still waiting for my chance to visit the Club. We get these requests regularly and rarely are they granted but again, good luck!!

We took 14 trips from July 07-July 08 and around 16 from Jan 09-Jan 10. We did 5 trips 2011-2012. 2012-2013 4 trips.

eBay and pins http://disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2213419
pixiewings71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012, 10:02 PM   #4
blackjackdelta
Uncle had an "in" with Walt
I love those rainy days with the decreased crowds

I must admitI am one who was gifted by a member and have truely appreciated every moment, but 1st post to the boards???There are many,many,many good people who have been here for years and have not gotten the opportunity. Let us know how how your experience turns out.

Jack
blackjackdelta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012, 10:03 PM   #5
limace
DIS Veteran

This is not a great first post for you. Good luck, but I can't imagine anyone being willing to grant your request here, especially with no posting history.
Old 04-23-2012, 10:14 PM   #6
cal a marie
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malcon10t View Post
Just a heads up, most of the people you PMed at Micechat are here also.

Before posting your first post on any board making a request to send you to the Club (I see you have decreased your group from 7 to 4) you might consider chatting with people about your previous trips and learning who is who here.

I wish you luck.
Well hello Malcon10t ^_^.

Yeah I came here from Micechat because I found out it was against the rules to solicit for reservations there.. whoops..

Anyways, I do plan to make more posts, I just didn't know it was faux pas for my first post to be a Club 33 reservation. If you couldn't tell, I'm not very good at forums.
Old 04-23-2012, 10:14 PM   #7
cal a marie
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by pixiewings71 View Post
Good luck, I've been asking for years and am still waiting for my chance to visit the Club. We get these requests regularly and rarely are they granted but again, good luck!!
Thank you Pixiewings, I hope you get a little bit of that magic pixie dust as well ^_^
Old 04-23-2012, 10:18 PM   #8
cal a marie
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackjackdelta View Post
I must admitI am one who was gifted by a member and have truely appreciated every moment, but 1st post to the boards???There are many,many,many good people who have been here for years and have not gotten the opportunity. Let us know how how your experience turns out.

Jack
Thank you blackjackdelta.
TBH, I've been lurking the boards for a long while really, if only just to get the latest information on things happening at Disneyland, or if anything new comes up.

Rest assured, I will be making many many more posts to come.
Old 04-23-2012, 11:30 PM   #9
Minuet888
DIS Veteran

hi
I'm not a club 33 member but its not just your lack of posting history that would bother me but the ages of the people that would be going, does club 33 even allow people under 21 in?
I teach high school and I try not to make general assumptions about 18-21 year olds but asking someone who paid thousands of dollars and a waiting list of years to put all that on the line for some under...kids.
I just couldn't do it, sorry.
Minuet888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012, 11:54 PM   #10
DharmaLou
Once a Princess, Always a Princess

Quote:
Thank you blackjackdelta.
TBH, I've been lurking the boards for a long while really, if only just to get the latest information on things happening at Disneyland, or if anything new comes up.

Rest assured, I will be making many many more posts to come.
Not to be snarky, but if you have lurked for a long time you surely must have seen the (at least) weekly requests by people for Club33 reservations, and how infrequently they are granted.
Old 04-24-2012, 02:49 AM   #11
cal a marie
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by limace View Post
This is not a great first post for you. Good luck, but I can't imagine anyone being willing to grant your request here, especially with no posting history.
I'm sorry if my post offended you.
I know I had no posting history, but I figured I would try anyway.
Thank you for your concern.
Old 04-24-2012, 02:58 AM   #12
cal a marie
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minuet888 View Post
hi
I'm not a club 33 member but its not just your lack of posting history that would bother me but the ages of the people that would be going, does club 33 even allow people under 21 in?
I teach high school and I try not to make general assumptions about 18-21 year olds but asking someone who paid thousands of dollars and a waiting list of years to put all that on the line for some under...kids.
I just couldn't do it, sorry.
Whoops, I forgot to change that.
As Malcon10t pointed out earlier, I had changed my group from 6 people to 4, the two can't make it. They were both 18 and now the age group stands 20-21.
I do believe that people under 21 are allowed- there is a kids menu.
TBH, if I had a membership, I myself probably wouldn't trust that age group either. College kids amiright ?
Old 04-24-2012, 03:12 AM   #13
cal a marie
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by DharmaLou View Post
Not to be snarky, but if you have lurked for a long time you surely must have seen the (at least) weekly requests by people for Club33 reservations, and how infrequently they are granted.
I guess it's ok to be snarky on disboards, seeing as how every other post in this thread is (with my regards going out to those who were kind). I mean I get that people see this kind of post all the time, but I feel like there's so much hostility in this entire thread. Where is the love ?

Anyways, as I said in the very first post,
Quote:
My name is Marie. Are any of you, by any chance, a club 33 member? I really hope this doesn't just sound like another Club 33 request, especially since so many other people want reservations (there's a thread every week or so), but I'm hoping dreams come true.
For the record, to any and all who have posted thus far, I respect your opinions and I hope there is no resentment between us.
Old 04-24-2012, 06:36 AM   #14
Disney Dreams
Proudly afflicted with TDMA!
Major pin collector in denial

HI Cal A Marie,

I just wanted to address your "Where's the love?" question and your questioning of the hostility felt on this thread. You have received many (unnecessary) snarky replies --- since that seems to be the word of the moment and it's really in necessary.

That said, I would like you to imagine something you own that is very expensive to you and could be taken away in an instant due to someone else's actions. Would you trust that item to a total and complete stranger that you have never even had a chance to get to know virtually, much less personally?

I had an extremely significant birthday last year and wanted so very badly to go to Club 33 with my DH and a few friends. I asked every single person I could think of in real life that might know someone who knows someone who could get me a reservation for my birthday. I came up empty.

Did I ask here on DIS? No. Why? I suppose, even after being a member for %+ years, it still seemed inappropriate to put a blanket ask out to a "crowd" of people who I only know via posts on a message board. It would be the same as standing outside the Club 33 door and asking everyone who exits if they will make a reservation for you. Oddly inappropriate, right? Right.

My advice to make your boyfriend's dream come true? Ask every single person you know. Friends. Friends' parents. Bosses. Teachers. Hairstylist. Nail salon people. Car mechanic. People who work at your favorite shop. And on and on and on. Someone knows someone who can get you in. I have yet to find that person that is six removed from me, but I am certain they are out there. It's just a matter of finding them.

Good luck and I hope you have a wonderful visit to Disneyland with your boyfriend, whether part of it is in Club 33 or not.

- Dreams

P.S. As for the hostility on this thread... I don't know why, but members of DIS have seemingly gotten more and more biting in replies in the last year or so. It's sort of sad, but it is true. You have to learn to ignore 3/4 of it. But, again, that comes from being on the boards and learning the environment.

That said, again, imagine someone posting for the very first time on a message board requesting use of something very expensive that you value very much and would never want to lose. It's bound to draw some negativity, no? Best of luck to you in everything.

Disney Dreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2012, 07:47 AM   #15
Pesky
"Who's the monkey?!"

One piece of advice is to consider asking around any corporate contacts you or maybe your parents might have. It is often used as a recruiting trip for local law firms, I know, so you might want to ask around that way and might stand a better chance of success. GL!

DH, the Disney doubter Me DD6 DS4
DLR Plan #2!: Coming soon to a DLR near you
WDW Plan: October 2016 (so very, very far away )
Pesky is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
club 33, disneyland, reservation

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: