Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-31-2013, 09:18 AM   #76
hubbloveswdw
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by MamaOfTwoPrincesses View Post
Awesome! My older DD is in 5th, and the younger one is in 2nd. I will PM you.
I tried to PM you back. Not sure if it went through.
hubbloveswdw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 09:19 AM   #77
hubbloveswdw
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by angel's momma View Post
Hi Donna I hope they get a chance to meet. Angel is very shy though, and with her condition she'll probably not venture into the teen area much, if at all. We're hoping to stay at the Hyatt the night before also, but our wish coordinator isn't sure if she can arrange it. Other wish kids have though (which is how we found out about it), so we're hoping it works out.
Hi Christi,
Did you find out if they granted your wish of the Hyatt prior to the cruise?
Susan
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-31-2013, 11:56 AM   #78
DVCFan1994
Mouseketeer

More Massachusetts vacation week cruisers Myself, DH, DS6 and DD5 will be enjoying our first Disney cruise. DH and I have done other cruises, this is the kids first ever. Very, very excited. Not sure why we have not gotten around to the cruise until now except that we wanted to make sure kids would be old enough to remember it. We booked over a year ago and have been anxiously waiting We've been to WDW twice since we booked it and the kids have started to think we've been lying to them Finally getting close though!
DVCFan1994 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 12:06 PM   #79
disneyluvrtink
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DVCFan1994 View Post
More Massachusetts vacation week cruisers Myself, DH, DS6 and DD5 will be enjoying our first Disney cruise. DH and I have done other cruises, this is the kids first ever. Very, very excited. Not sure why we have not gotten around to the cruise until now except that we wanted to make sure kids would be old enough to remember it. We booked over a year ago and have been anxiously waiting We've been to WDW twice since we booked it and the kids have started to think we've been lying to them Finally getting close though!
It will be here soon!

Emmy
disneyluvrtink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 12:44 PM   #80
hubbloveswdw
Earning My Ears

Hi DVCFan1994!
Old 01-31-2013, 12:47 PM   #81
MamaOfTwoPrincesses
MNSSHP October 2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by hubbloveswdw View Post
I tried to PM you back. Not sure if it went through.
got it!

*July 2014 (Kidani) First WDW trip as DVC members! SURPRISE TRIP to celebrate DD's 9th birthday!
*April 2013 (POR) Disney Dream cruise and quick 4 day visit
*December 2010 (Contemporary)
*October 2008 (Poly)
*January 2007 (POFQ)
MamaOfTwoPrincesses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 02:05 PM   #82
angel's momma
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Yes, we are going to be at POR in a Royal Room. How about you?
That's wonderful. We'll be at POP.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hubbloveswdw View Post
Hi Christi,
Did you find out if they granted your wish of the Hyatt prior to the cruise?
Susan
Not yet. I don't think she's even checking on it until our dates are approved, which we are anxiously awaiting.

Hi DVCFan1994

Pretrip Report: Angel's Make a Wish Cruise on the Dream /and extended days at WDW PTR :We have dates 4/13-25
Trip Report: Angel's Make a Wish DREAM Cruise & extended days at wdw: April 13-25, 2013

Previous trips: 2013 Apr. 18-25 2010 May 8-15 2009 Dec. 4-11 2008 Dec. 15-24 2008 Aug. 30-Sept 7
2007 Sept. 1-8 2006 Dec. 9-16 2006 Sept. 26-Oct.3 2005 Sept. 25-Oct.8 2004 Dec. 11-21 All at POP
CRUISE 2013 Apr. 14-18 Disney DREAM
angel's momma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 03:57 PM   #83
cinmouse
Mouseketeer

Welcome to the new folks!

I think my boys will be all by themselves..it appears everyone is bringing their daughters or boys that are either younger / older than my two!

For the other folks from MA...good luck @ the parks after the cruise, we have done the cruise/park that way in the past & felt the parks were very busy as the overlap with NH break..we are trying it different this year and pulled our son (9) out Thursday before break and then flying home the night of the cruise. I feel at this age, he is a good student, I told his teacher's back at the start of school so he should be fine. For my other son, he is only 2, so daycare does not care, they still get paid!

Hopefully since airfare from this area has been high, families are going elsewhere!
cinmouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 04:19 PM   #84
MamaOfTwoPrincesses
MNSSHP October 2008

You're right that the airfare is high from Boston. That's why we are flying from Newark instead. Saving about $1000 by driving to Grandma's house.

*July 2014 (Kidani) First WDW trip as DVC members! SURPRISE TRIP to celebrate DD's 9th birthday!
*April 2013 (POR) Disney Dream cruise and quick 4 day visit
*December 2010 (Contemporary)
*October 2008 (Poly)
*January 2007 (POFQ)
MamaOfTwoPrincesses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 04:19 PM   #85
DVCFan1994
Mouseketeer

Thanks for the kind welcomes. As a DCL first timer I look forward to learning lots from these boards!

I checked airfare too late clearly and found it prohibitively high, so we are driving from MA. We did it last year and it was way easier than we thought. We were at WDW for the Mass vacation week then and found it crowded, but very manageable with planning. Nothing like Xmas to New Years week we did a month ago. Now that was horrific. We'd done it many times in the past but this was the first time with kids, won't make that mistake again until the kids are older and can stay up later and have more stamina for 90 minute lines This time we are at BLT for 3 nights after the cruise.
DVCFan1994 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 04:46 PM   #86
cinmouse
Mouseketeer

Quote:
You're right that the airfare is high from Boston. That's why we are flying from Newark instead. Saving about $1000 by driving to Grandma's house.
Funny I looked at driving to JFK..the flights were $100 each way, but then my TA found a deal on Air Tran so we got $300 each roundtrip non-stop from Boston~
Old 01-31-2013, 04:55 PM   #87
cinmouse
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Thanks for the kind welcomes. As a DCL first timer I look forward to learning lots from these boards!

I checked airfare too late clearly and found it prohibitively high, so we are driving from MA. We did it last year and it was way easier than we thought. We were at WDW for the Mass vacation week then and found it crowded, but very manageable with planning. Nothing like Xmas to New Years week we did a month ago. Now that was horrific. We'd done it many times in the past but this was the first time with kids, won't make that mistake again until the kids are older and can stay up later and have more stamina for 90 minute lines This time we are at BLT for 3 nights after the cruise.
Good luck with the drive, I did it once back in my college days but not sure I would do it with the kids. Of course I did take the boys (7 & 1) at the time on a road trip to Williamsburgh & DC, and they did fine, but I could not see 2 days in the car for them.

Do you drive straight through or make stops? We have done Xmas Day once and I vowed never again..the magic was just not there! I know there can be crowds and plan for it.

As for being on the cruise, they really can only sell a certain #, if the boat it full so be it. I can still find someplace where it will be relaxing!
Old 01-31-2013, 05:27 PM   #88
angel's momma
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by cinmouse View Post
For the other folks from MA...good luck @ the parks after the cruise, we have done the cruise/park that way in the past & felt the parks were very busy
Quote:
We were at WDW for the Mass vacation week then and found it crowded, but very manageable with planning.
Define busy please I checked the crowd predictions before we picked the dates, but based on what you've said, I'm now worried. Is break just through the 21st?

Pretrip Report: Angel's Make a Wish Cruise on the Dream /and extended days at WDW PTR :We have dates 4/13-25
Trip Report: Angel's Make a Wish DREAM Cruise & extended days at wdw: April 13-25, 2013

Previous trips: 2013 Apr. 18-25 2010 May 8-15 2009 Dec. 4-11 2008 Dec. 15-24 2008 Aug. 30-Sept 7
2007 Sept. 1-8 2006 Dec. 9-16 2006 Sept. 26-Oct.3 2005 Sept. 25-Oct.8 2004 Dec. 11-21 All at POP
CRUISE 2013 Apr. 14-18 Disney DREAM
angel's momma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 09:09 PM   #89
hubbloveswdw
Earning My Ears

We are driving down this year too, a first for us. We are driving to Disney's Hilton Head Resort the Wednesday before the cruise and we will be leaving home at 3:00am. On Thursday we are planning to goof around the resort in the am and then head to Savanna or St Augustine and arrive at OKW that night. Last year we went to Hilton Head for April vacation and drove down but stayed over night in the Richmond VA area.
We will start heading home when we get off the ship, hopefully make to Richmond VA that night. On Friday we have loose plans to spend the day in Washington DC and then head to Boston on Saturday. I hate driving through DC and Baltimore on weekdays.
Airfares were so crazy high, though I do keep checking.
Old 02-01-2013, 08:11 AM   #90
hubbloveswdw
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneyluvrtink View Post
It will be here soon!
Disneyluvrtink I love your pictures! I bet you can't wait to add your Dream pictures

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: