Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-17-2013, 10:34 AM   #1231
EJ4Disney
DIS Veteran

Morning ladies,

Busy day yesterday - more on this later. Sorry I didn't check in.

Just breaks my heart for what has happened in Boston. Prayers are with everyone there.

On World News and CNN they both were talking about these soft spots for terrorism. They mentioned the next big Marathon that will be in Lincoln Nebraska on May 5 and the same weekend of the University's Graduation. Doug and I were absoutly speachless. I know we didn't breath for a few minutes as this is Matthew's graduation and him and Stephanie are running in the Marathon the next day. It is all I can do to say we aren't going and they can't run. I know I can't do that and won't but I am really scared. I hate having to think like this.

Matthew's meeting with the President went very well. I guess I was wrong in thinking they would offer him a position at THIS meeting. This was to see where he saw himself as a part of the bank. Why they should hire him and just to talk about his future. They will now take his package to the Executive Board, which they are meeting tomorrow, and then they will offer him a position. So keep the prayers coming. I promise to let you know as soon as we know.

We are in a Winter Weather Warning - Can you Freaking believe it!!!! It is spitting, windy and completely overcast this morning. We are to get 3-5" of snow, starting tonight through tomorrow. I am so DONE with winter but the moisture is really needed. But I would so like the liquid form.

WFDT ~ Sprimp pasta, strawberry & spinach salad and garlic bread.

Make it a great day.

Ellen
EJ4Disney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 10:49 AM   #1232
Glynis
Taking applications for a WDW tour guide!

Quote:
Originally Posted by EJ4Disney View Post
Morning ladies,

Busy day yesterday - more on this later. Sorry I didn't check in.

Just breaks my heart for what has happened in Boston. Prayers are with everyone there.

On World News and CNN they both were talking about these soft spots for terrorism. They mentioned the next big Marathon that will be in Lincoln Nebraska on May 5 and the same weekend of the University's Graduation. Doug and I were absoutly speachless. I know we didn't breath for a few minutes as this is Matthew's graduation and him and Stephanie are running in the Marathon the next day. It is all I can do to say we aren't going and they can't run. I know I can't do that and won't but I am really scared. I hate having to think like this.

Matthew's meeting with the President went very well. I guess I was wrong in thinking they would offer him a position at THIS meeting. This was to see where he saw himself as a part of the bank. Why they should hire him and just to talk about his future. They will now take his package to the Executive Board, which they are meeting tomorrow, and then they will offer him a position. So keep the prayers coming. I promise to let you know as soon as we know.

We are in a Winter Weather Warning - Can you Freaking believe it!!!! It is spitting, windy and completely overcast this morning. We are to get 3-5" of snow, starting tonight through tomorrow. I am so DONE with winter but the moisture is really needed. But I would so like the liquid form.

WFDT ~ Sprimp pasta, strawberry & spinach salad and garlic bread.

Make it a great day.
Ellen - I know how you are feeling! We have the Salt Lake City marathon on Saturday, and I have about 45 family and friends that are planning on running it. All we can do is pray, and have faith.

Matthew is still in my prayers! Hopefully, the board will come to the right decision, and offer him a job.

Our weather is so really odd, as well! We are under a heavy freezing warning for tonight, into tomorrow morning. All my fruit trees are budding out, and I'm afraid this will kill all my apricots, plums, pears and cherries. Boo! I'm hoping that Alan will be home from work in time to string some Christmas lights on them (non-LED).

Dinner tonight will be something fast and easy. The older 2 kids have church youth group tonight, the twins have Hope of America, and Alan and I are dividing and conquering. We'll see how it goes.

2014 Reading Challenge Goal: 70 books

The Art of Racing in the Rain ~ The House of Hades ~ How To Be Like Walt ~ Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows ~ The Seven Mouths of God ~ Behind the Beautiful Forevers ~ The Mysterious Affair at Styles ~ The Big 5-Oh ~ A Year in the Life of William Shakespeare ~ Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children ~ Wait Till Next Year ~ While We Were Watching Downton Abbey ~ Great Expectations ~ The Maze Runner ~ The Fault In Our Stars ~ The Juliet Club ~ The Girls' Guide to Love and Supper Clubs ~ The Power of One ~ The Supremes at Earl's All-You-Can-Eat ~ Hollow City ~ The Fountainhead ~ Cat's Cradle ~ Speaking From Among The Bones ~ Death Comes to Pemberley ~ Quilt or Innocence ~ The Chocolate Thief ~ On Strike for Christmas ~ Bikini Season ~ Mrs. Lincoln's Dressmaker ~ Miss Dreamsville and the Collier County Women's Literary Society ~ Cinnamon Roll Murder ~ Red Velvet Cupcake Murder ~ Blackberry Pie Murder ~ Home To Holly Springs ~ In The Company of Others ~ The Devil in the White City ~ Gathering Blue ~ Messenger ~ The Bell Jar ~ The Boys in the Boat ~ The Dead in Their Vaulted Arches ~ Son ~ Beach Colors ~ Welcome to Last Chance ~ Last Chance Beauty Queen ~ Last Chance Knit and Stitch ~ The World According to Garp ~ The Bean Trees ~ I'll Be Seeing You ~ The Hours ~ Prodigal Summer ~ The Ocean at the End of the Lane ~ The Light Between Oceans
Glynis is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-18-2013, 10:20 AM   #1233
EJ4Disney
DIS Veteran

Good morning Ladies,

Glynis ~ I hear what you are saying. I know it will be alright but it does make you pause for a bit.
I went out last night and covered my peonie bushes. The are up about 8" and the rest of the budding flower are on their own. This is just so sad. I hope the trees that have buds on them will be alright. Our apple trees hadn't bloomed yet so they should be fine - I hope!!

Kat ~ My thoughts and prayers are with you my friend.

Hi to everyone else.

Well we are in the middle of a blizzard. We have about 6" of snow on the ground but the wind is blowing about 35mph so we have drifting snow. It is a heavy wet snow so the silver lining in this spring storm is we will get good moisture out of it. The schools are closed so technically I should have stayed home (we close when the schools close) but I was already ready so Doug brought me in. I don't know how long I will stay, I will see what it is like at noon. Good grief it is the middle of April.

WFDT ~ Chili and cinnamon rolls.

Make it a great day.

Ellen
Old 04-18-2013, 10:40 AM   #1234
Glynis
Taking applications for a WDW tour guide!

Ellen - I'm sure I will be having many nervous and anxious moments until I hear from all my friends and family. That's just the way I'm wired. It drives Alan crazy that I worry about things that are out of my control. Oh well. I'm too old a dog to change that trick!

For once, I have nowhere to go today, and nothing (outside of the house) to work on. So, I'll be spending today doing laundry, cleaning bathrooms (ick!), and all the other chores that my family have been neglecting over the last little while.

Dinner tonight will be chicken quesadillas, green salad and Spanish rice. And after reading that Ellen is making cinnamon rolls, that might be on my agenda, as well. The kids would love some piping hot cinnamon rolls when they get home from school.

2014 Reading Challenge Goal: 70 books

The Art of Racing in the Rain ~ The House of Hades ~ How To Be Like Walt ~ Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows ~ The Seven Mouths of God ~ Behind the Beautiful Forevers ~ The Mysterious Affair at Styles ~ The Big 5-Oh ~ A Year in the Life of William Shakespeare ~ Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children ~ Wait Till Next Year ~ While We Were Watching Downton Abbey ~ Great Expectations ~ The Maze Runner ~ The Fault In Our Stars ~ The Juliet Club ~ The Girls' Guide to Love and Supper Clubs ~ The Power of One ~ The Supremes at Earl's All-You-Can-Eat ~ Hollow City ~ The Fountainhead ~ Cat's Cradle ~ Speaking From Among The Bones ~ Death Comes to Pemberley ~ Quilt or Innocence ~ The Chocolate Thief ~ On Strike for Christmas ~ Bikini Season ~ Mrs. Lincoln's Dressmaker ~ Miss Dreamsville and the Collier County Women's Literary Society ~ Cinnamon Roll Murder ~ Red Velvet Cupcake Murder ~ Blackberry Pie Murder ~ Home To Holly Springs ~ In The Company of Others ~ The Devil in the White City ~ Gathering Blue ~ Messenger ~ The Bell Jar ~ The Boys in the Boat ~ The Dead in Their Vaulted Arches ~ Son ~ Beach Colors ~ Welcome to Last Chance ~ Last Chance Beauty Queen ~ Last Chance Knit and Stitch ~ The World According to Garp ~ The Bean Trees ~ I'll Be Seeing You ~ The Hours ~ Prodigal Summer ~ The Ocean at the End of the Lane ~ The Light Between Oceans
Glynis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 11:38 AM   #1235
Rogue26
DIS Veteran

Sorry I haven't been around much, but my yard is getting some much needed attention.

Ellen- I'm sorry, I think I would cry if we got more snow. I wouldn't worry (too much) about the marathon, I have a feeling it will probably be one of the safest places.

Glynis- enjoy your day of "nothing" to do.

The kiddo is home for school vacation so she's been helping me get lots done in the yard the house work and meals have been suffering. I've just been making easy meals so we need something nutritional, just don't know what that will be.
Rogue26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2013, 11:23 AM   #1236
EJ4Disney
DIS Veteran

Good morning Ladies

Glynis ~ I hope you enjoyed your "do nothing day". I love those kind of days, but usually do more than I had planned.

Robin ~ Getting out and working in the yard sounds amazing. I am sure you have enjoyed having DD able to help.

The sun is shining today. By the time Doug and I went home last night the streets were clear and dry. It is just amazing what a few hours can do. We always say here in Nebraska "If you don't like the weather, just wait awhile, It will change". Last week we had all four seasons in a matter of a few hours. The moisture is priceless though. They did a drought monitor last night and we are finally out of the exceptional and in the extreme drought catagory. We will take what we can get.

Pastor Tess and Mike have asked us over for dinner tonight. I am really looking forward to it. A nice quiet night with friends is just what we all need.

WFDT ~ Lazagna, Green funeral salad (Doug's favorite and Tess knows it), garlic bread, and lemon pound cake. I can't wait.

Make it a great weekend all.

Ellen
Old 04-19-2013, 12:25 PM   #1237
Rogue26
DIS Veteran

Ellen- it has been nice getting outside, especially since the kiddo is getting to the age where she is genuine help, not creating more work! I'm glad you are able to appreciate the moisture. We live on a glorified sand bar so any precipitation we get goes right through the ground.

I'm going to try to get some more yard work done, but it's hard to stop watching the news.
Old 04-19-2013, 06:20 PM   #1238
PrincessInOz
in
Catch you at the other end

Morning everyone.

I'm watching the news in Boston with concern. Hope that Becky and family are all safe!

It seems so trite to have the normal Saturday morning chores to do. Cleaning, washing, cooking......no matter how mundane the tasks are, life seems so much more simpler here at the moment.

Disneyland - Dec 1986, May 1990, Dec 1997, Aug 2003, Jun 2005, Jul 2007 TR, Nov 2008, The Mad Dash (Jan 2011, Nov 2012) Oct 14 PTR
Walt Disney World - Jun 2005, May 2010 (POR, BCV) PTR || TR, Oct 2010 (CSR) PTR || TR, Oct 2013 Anyone Game? PTR || TR in progress
Hong Kong Disneyland - Mar/Apr 2012 TR
PrincessInOz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2013, 07:06 PM   #1239
Where'sPiglet?
I'm going to try something different this month
Do I LOOK like I know what I'm doing

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessInOz View Post
Morning everyone.

I'm watching the news in Boston with concern. Hope that Becky and family are all safe!

It seems so trite to have the normal Saturday morning chores to do. Cleaning, washing, cooking......no matter how mundane the tasks are, life seems so much more simpler here at the moment.
Mundane is so underrated sometimes.

to all.

1987, 1997, 2002, 2008, 2010, 2013 ~*~ Disneyland

2010 Princess Half Marathon Trip Report
Where'sPiglet? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2013, 08:42 PM   #1240
Rogue26
DIS Veteran

PIO- I almost became a widow five years ago when I was only 27. Mundane is my goal in life. The simple life I have, with my husband, is better than anything I could have imagined.

Bethany- hi!

Boston is going to sleep well tonight. I'm about two hours from Boston and there were police everywhere. It will be over soon.
Old 04-19-2013, 08:47 PM   #1241
PrincessInOz
in
Catch you at the other end

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogue26 View Post
PIO- I almost became a widow five years ago when I was only 27. Mundane is my goal in life. The simple life I have, with my husband, is better than anything I could have imagined.

Bethany- hi!

Boston is going to sleep well tonight. I'm about two hours from Boston and there were police everywhere. It will be over soon.
I'm so glad that it was "almost".

I hope it will be over soon. I have CNN in the background and just heard that the suspect is in custody!!!

Boston will sleep well tonight!

Disneyland - Dec 1986, May 1990, Dec 1997, Aug 2003, Jun 2005, Jul 2007 TR, Nov 2008, The Mad Dash (Jan 2011, Nov 2012) Oct 14 PTR
Walt Disney World - Jun 2005, May 2010 (POR, BCV) PTR || TR, Oct 2010 (CSR) PTR || TR, Oct 2013 Anyone Game? PTR || TR in progress
Hong Kong Disneyland - Mar/Apr 2012 TR
PrincessInOz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2013, 09:05 PM   #1242
Where'sPiglet?

Woohoo!! SOOOO glad they caught that monster!!

I hope Boston has a safe and joyous celebration tonight before a GOOD night of sleep!

Old 04-19-2013, 09:07 PM   #1243
Where'sPiglet?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogue26 View Post

Bethany- hi!

Hi!

That's scary about your husband. So glad he is okay.

Old 04-22-2013, 10:53 AM   #1244
EJ4Disney
DIS Veteran

Morning Girlies,

I agree mundane is good!!

Robin ~ Prayers were answered 5 years ago. I know you never take it for granted. Bless you.

We are in the middle of a thunderstorm as I type. Doug just called me and thought maybe we came to town a bit too early. It was almost pitch dark out. The street lights even came on again. And now we are getting the rain. And lots of it - liquid gold. But of course now all of the farmers are getting a bit anxious to get the crops in. We only have 5% of the corn planted. We are never happy huh??

Fun fun weekend. I swear if I don't quit playing my house is going to revolt. Oh well it won't happen the next 2 weekends either. We are leaving on Thursday to head to Lincoln. Matthew is being recognized as an "Outstanding Senior" with the University at a formal banquet. We got the letter last week asking us to be there. Of course we said - RSVP'd - yes, much to Matthew's horror. He just wants to get his diploma and get on with life. But we said - we are going. We are very proud!! Then the next week we are leaving on Wednesday as there are 2 more banquets and then graduation on May 4. Stephanie and Matthew are running the Lincoln Marathon the next day. Oh well the house work will be waiting, I am sure.

WFDT ~ Chicken spaghetti, kitchen sink salad and cheese bread.

Make it a good day.

Ellen
Old 04-22-2013, 12:04 PM   #1245
Nancyg56
DIS Veteran

Ellen- you must be so proud of Mathew! Forget teh house, it is not going anywhere!

Robin- mundane works for me too!

Well I am just jumping back in. I am very disorganized lately, so I decided to just give in to it today. It is chilly but sunny and I am ready for more of this!

BBL!

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: