Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-10-2012, 06:46 PM   #871
TigerKat
HOPE YOUR DAY IS FILLED WITH JOY AND HAPPINESS !!
Blow some of that cool air down here
Warning! Getting a tag is hazardous to my mouse

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogue26 View Post

Kathy- how was dinner with Sheryl, I miss her around here. All I have to make for Christmas is cinnamon rolls. I can't wait, kiddo only wants them on Christmas morning because they wouldn't be as special if we had them other times during the year. Cinnamon rolls are not the time to get sentimental!
It was fantastic!!! We had such a great night. The food was amazing, Sheryl & Bob had met the chef at a fundraiser last year and they asked to see him, Well, he came out and asked if we had any questions about the menu and then offered to just send out some of his favorite dishes to us...OMG the food was incredible. The Christmas decorations at the hotel are spectacular and while we were walking around enjoying them Sheryl spotted two of the stars of the HBO show Treme and we got to meet them and take pics with them. Johnny & I don't watch that show but we enjoyed how excited Sheryl & Bob were. We had a blast!!!
Old 12-11-2012, 02:27 AM   #872
PrincessInOz
in
Catch you at the other end

Nancy Louise - I hope you're resting and looking after yourself!!! Glad to see you back here. How did your presentation go?

Glynis - Seems like its real easy to get in a funk but hard work to get yourself out of one. And yes, surrounding yourself with friends and sharing seems to work for me to. I hope that the year goes quick for you and Alan....seems like a good decision to add the extra hours despite the short-term pain of you being a single parent. How was your Dad's performance?

My menu will be turkey breast roll; stuffed salmon cutlets and sides. Same as last year. As the ladies here have pointed out, if it isn't broke, don't fix it!

Kat - please post your decorations. I just love seeing how everyone has decorated for this holiday season.

Robin - Hope you are well.

Disneyland - Dec 1986, May 1990, Dec 1997, Aug 2003, Jun 2005, Jul 2007 TR, Nov 2008, Jan 2011 and Nov 2012 Another Mad Dash TR
Walt Disney World - Jun 2005, May 2010 (POR, BCV) PTR || TR, Oct 2010 (CSR) PTR || TR, Oct 2013 Anyone Game? PTR || TR in progress
Hong Kong Disneyland - Mar/Apr 2012 TR
PrincessInOz is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-11-2012, 05:50 AM   #873
Nancyg56
DIS Veteran

Glynis- Sweetie, you are overtired! I think it is a good idea to back away from the extras right now. Alan has to get his education and that leaves you alone to hold the family together. I can sympathize, I have no little ones home and we are living in the middle of an explosion. Buddy and I can make do but that is not possible with children. Enjoy the performance!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Kat- I have been following your dinner plans on FB and was thrilled for the four of you!

PIO- I am still working on Christmas dinner. I know I am roasting a Prime Rib roast, mashed potatoes and some nice veggies. I have to make something not beef for Marisa but that is up in the air, I have cooked an apricot glazed pork loin, a prosciutto pork, turkey but I don't know what I want this year.

I am also cutting back the baking. I end up tossing a lot so I need to scale it way back, I can always bake during the week between Christmas and New years if we have company.

Last week of schoo land crunch time!
Old 12-11-2012, 09:47 AM   #874
liamsaunt
I was an irish girl with an afro
I am Doombah Dippinlips. I just don't know what to say about that
Agh! I'm a chip junkie!
Mashed potatoes were invented as a delivery vehicle

PIO, where are the photos of your decorations? I would love to see them.

Glynis, you must feel good about the end being in sight for Alan! It will be busy but so worth it.

Kathy, the pictures you posted of the meal looked amazing! I am glad that you and Sheryl had a good dinner.

Christmas dinner is still "in the works" for me. I am definitely doing racks of lamb for the main. Everything else is up in the air at the moment. I am consdering a mushroom gratin, and I need to figure out the starch and some green vegetables. My Mom will make pecan pie for dessert.
liamsaunt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 02:58 PM   #875
bigmerle1966
Photobucket
OH MY STARS!

The weekend was all up in the air and all over the place. I was up late at the party Friday night.

My youngest DN was up late Friday night, sick, and her karate thing was off, then on, then off again. Mainly off the last time due to the hotel pool. We did have to run to their house to pick up her older sisters forgotten basketball uniform, she had a game right after her swim meet Sunday. She was feeling fine at first then started fading because she was up all night. After some rest she woke up feeling warm but insisted it was from being under the heavy blanket and that she wanted to play in the pool. She no sooner got in the pool and realized it was not from the blankets, she had a fever. She then took a nap and when her mother and sister got back she took some Ibuprofen and felt better.

I went home after dinner with them and crashed.

I wouldn't have been able to get to my godsons meet until late Saturday, it was running from 9am to 10pm, but he only did one event in his meet. He had a stress fracture back in September and still occasionally has problems when he runs too fast at longer distances. He did the 500 meter and at the end his leg started hurting, and his coach pulled him. She didn't want him to cause any damage to it.

Sunday I ended up taking my older DN to the swim meet and her basketball game because her little sister was back to feeling bad and my sister wanted to just take her home.

This coming weekend I have nothing but a massage scheduled.
POR/AKL 12/02 POR(overnight stay)11/04 POR 6/21-6/29/05 POP 12/10-12/18/05 OKW 6/16-6/22/06 BWI 12/06 POP 9/7-9/10/06 OKW- Girls week May 07 POLY 7/5 to 7/9/07 POP 9/1 to 9/9/07 POP 11/1-11/6/07 POP 12/19 to 12/26/08 For Noah For delswife. LYMI
........... Oh Chachi!..... Bird Flu Hits Trailer Park- News at 11 Duchess Ohmystars of Rearkickerstown
bigmerle1966 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 03:43 AM   #876
PrincessInOz
in

Becky - Nice to see you! My pictures of the tree and decorations are the second post on this thread.
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3030711

Marilyn - Enjoy your massage. I have one booked tomorrow; so I'll think of you when I'm on the table!

Disneyland - Dec 1986, May 1990, Dec 1997, Aug 2003, Jun 2005, Jul 2007 TR, Nov 2008, Jan 2011 and Nov 2012 Another Mad Dash TR
Walt Disney World - Jun 2005, May 2010 (POR, BCV) PTR || TR, Oct 2010 (CSR) PTR || TR, Oct 2013 Anyone Game? PTR || TR in progress
Old 12-12-2012, 05:44 AM   #877
Rogue26
DIS Veteran

Grrrr, I keep getting bumped here. Long story short, marilyn and PIO enjoy your massages. Kathy, glad dinner was such a hit, sounds like a fantastic night.
Nancy- how long of a break do you have from classes? Hope the last week goes well.
Rogue26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 05:59 AM   #878
Nancyg56
DIS Veteran

Marilyn-enjoy that massage!

Robin- about 5 weeks
Old 12-14-2012, 05:26 AM   #879
PrincessInOz
in

Hi everyone. Hope your Christmas preparations are going well. We're well and truly in the silly season celebrations now. Today, I had a Christmas party at the workplace I'm in and tomorrow night is the Christmas party for the company that signs my paycheques.

I'm really looking forward to the Christmas party tomorrow night. It should be a good night. I rarely see the other people that works for the company that signs my paycheques and I'm glad to be spending some time with them. By and large, they are a fun bunch and I have some lasting friends in the company. We're all going to be sitting on a table together.

We're also catching up with friends on Sunday morning for breakfast.

Just this weekend alone....I expect to be 10 lbs heavier by the time Sunday night comes round.

Have a great day all.

Old 12-14-2012, 01:13 PM   #880
bigmerle1966
Photobucket
OH MY STARS!

My massage will be the only relaxing thing about my weekend. Dsis called last night, she needs help getting her house cleaned up and decorated for Christmas so I am going there on Sunday.

Tonight I have to get one quilt finished and another started. Tomorrow I have to finish decorating the yard, have my massage, go to my godsons photo shoot for his senior pictures, I think his DM wants me to photograph him too just in case, finish quilt two, cut out a bunch of stuff on my Cri-Cut and then collapse.

Sunday it's my sister's house and at some point I have to make cookies to mail to a coworkers son.
POR/AKL 12/02 POR(overnight stay)11/04 POR 6/21-6/29/05 POP 12/10-12/18/05 OKW 6/16-6/22/06 BWI 12/06 POP 9/7-9/10/06 OKW- Girls week May 07 POLY 7/5 to 7/9/07 POP 9/1 to 9/9/07 POP 11/1-11/6/07 POP 12/19 to 12/26/08 For Noah For delswife. LYMI
........... Oh Chachi!..... Bird Flu Hits Trailer Park- News at 11 Duchess Ohmystars of Rearkickerstown
Old 12-14-2012, 02:35 PM   #881
PrincessInOz
in

Marilyn - That sounds like a great weekend.....super busy and a lot of work.....but great.

Old 12-15-2012, 09:40 AM   #882
TigerKat
HOPE YOUR DAY IS FILLED WITH JOY AND HAPPINESS !!
Blow some of that cool air down here
Warning! Getting a tag is hazardous to my mouse

I agree with PIO, Marilyn, have a great weekend!

Looks like this thead may not survive. Hopefully everyone is just busy with the holidays.

My thoughts and prayers are with those families in Connecticut.

WFD - The old-timers may remember this.....Velvet Shrimp & pasta with a spinach salad.
Old 12-17-2012, 11:37 AM   #883
bigmerle1966
Photobucket
OH MY STARS!

Just busy here Kat.

Didn't go to my sister yesterday, too much to do. And I didn't even get all done that I needed to. I did get one batch of cookies made but ran out of vanilla so I will finish them tonight. I did put together all of the dry ingredients so all I have to do it mix and bake.

I got a lot cut out on the Cri-Cut. I am making decorations for my department at work. I have a meeting tomorrow night and am coming back to the office to put everything up, it will be a surprise.

I didn't get the quilts done but decided not to stress. They are additional gifts for my nephews so I am just going to send their other stuff and will just mail the quilts as soon as possible.

I got most of the yard done, my DM decided to "borrow" the neighbors yard so I have a few more things to do. I told her to get together what she wants to put out there and I will finish it tonight or Wednesday. Which means she will put it out there and I have to figured out the electrical part.

Went Saturday to the photo shoot. Come to find out the photographer is a 15 year old girl who wants to be a pro when she grows up. She did most of the pics and I just took some additional ones. He decided he had to do "costumes". On top of that he was running around with no shoes on.
Old 12-18-2012, 02:20 AM   #884
PrincessInOz
in

I'm around.....this thread isn't popping up on my subscription list so I don't drive by. But I can....

Old 12-18-2012, 07:19 AM   #885
Glynis
Taking applications for a WDW tour guide!

Good morning! Just popping in to say hi, and to thank everyone for the wonderful cards that I'm receiving! It's so fun to open each one, and think about the friendships that I've made here!

Things are going as well as can be expected here. Katie is thick into rehearsals for the school's next play "Heaven Can Wait", so we don't see much of her. The other kids are looking forward to tomorrow, as that is the last day of school until Jan. 3rd. I'm hoping we don't all drive each other crazy!

2014 Reading Challenge Goal: 70 books

The Art of Racing in the Rain ~ The House of Hades ~ How To Be Like Walt ~ Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows ~ The Seven Mouths of God ~ Behind the Beautiful Forevers ~ The Mysterious Affair at Styles ~ The Big 5-Oh ~ A Year in the Life of William Shakespeare ~ Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children ~ Wait Till Next Year ~ While We Were Watching Downton Abbey ~ Great Expectations ~ The Maze Runner ~ The Fault In Our Stars ~ The Juliet Club ~ The Girls' Guide to Love and Supper Clubs ~ The Power of One ~ The Supremes at Earl's All-You-Can-Eat ~ Hollow City ~ The Fountainhead ~ Cat's Cradle ~ Speaking From Among The Bones ~ Death Comes to Pemberley ~ Quilt or Innocence ~ The Chocolate Thief ~ On Strike for Christmas ~ Bikini Season ~ Mrs. Lincoln's Dressmaker ~ Miss Dreamsville and the Collier County Women's Literary Society ~ Cinnamon Roll Murder ~ Red Velvet Cupcake Murder ~ Blackberry Pie Murder ~ Home To Holly Springs ~ In The Company of Others
Glynis is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: