Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-07-2012, 09:15 AM   #781
EJ4Disney
DIS Veteran

Good morning Girls,

Kat ~ Your chicken sounds AMAZING. I love garlic and I think I would love that one.

Becky ~ Thoughts are with you all. Stay safe and warm as a bug.
PS - it is really good to see you.

Lauren ~ I can't belive that A is that big. Good grief where DOES the time go. I agree I am not very good with video games. Ethan always want to play with me on the Wii and I know it's because he can beat me.

Nan ~ Oh my, I love your Thanksgiving meal. You will have a ball. I can't wait to hear all about it.

Sad news this morning for our family. A cousin of Doug's passed away during the night. Billy was only 35 and way to young to go. Aunt Bev and the family are just devestated. I think it should be a law that Momma's should NEVER have to bury their babies. Just a shame and quite a shock to all of us. We will be heading to Alburquerque on Sunday.

Give the ones you love a hug today. Or pick up the phone and tell your loved ones you love them. It's times like this that is slaps you right in the face - LIFE IS TOO SHORT!!!

WFDT ~ Lemon Shrimp Pasta, green salad and garlic sticks.

Make it a great day!!

Ellen
EJ4Disney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 12:55 PM   #782
bigmerle1966
Photobucket
OH MY STARS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by FormrCastMbr View Post
Good luck to the boys and for you making cookies! I would love to see their faces as you walk in with those treats for them. So nice of you. That ref, no words.
I really don't see their faces as I am too busy trying not to be trampled to death. They do love it and this past week I also did chips, got the 20 count variety bag of Lays for $4, so they were extra happy. Have to think of something to do this week.
POR/AKL 12/02 POR(overnight stay)11/04 POR 6/21-6/29/05 POP 12/10-12/18/05 OKW 6/16-6/22/06 BWI 12/06 POP 9/7-9/10/06 OKW- Girls week May 07 POLY 7/5 to 7/9/07 POP 9/1 to 9/9/07 POP 11/1-11/6/07 POP 12/19 to 12/26/08 For Noah For delswife. LYMI
........... Oh Chachi!..... Bird Flu Hits Trailer Park- News at 11 Duchess Ohmystars of Rearkickerstown
bigmerle1966 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-07-2012, 03:03 PM   #783
TigerKat
HOPE YOUR DAY IS FILLED WITH JOY AND HAPPINESS !!
Blow some of that cool air down here
Warning! Getting a tag is hazardous to my mouse

Lauren Hoping your migraine is gone. Both of your boys are getting so big!!! The new garlic chicken recipe was very good. Only thing I had to do was thicken the sauce a bit when it was done, it was thinner than we like. I like Altons recipe better but my guys liked this one.

Nan I like your Thanksgiving menu much better than mine!!!!! Ive already booked and planned our spring trip, staying at BLT again! Tried to book Be Our Guest for lunch one day, impossible.

Ellen I am so sorry for your loss. 35 is way too young, so very sad.

Becky and everyone else up there, please stay safe and keep in touch with us.

I may not be around until the weekend sometime, busy with work and Kyle's team is having their fall world series starting tomorrow. He'll be pitching the opening game!!

Last edited by TigerKat; 11-07-2012 at 06:00 PM.
TigerKat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 07:57 PM   #784
Rogue26
DIS Veteran

Kathy- That is awesome for Kyle! Is he a junior or senior now?

Ellen- I'm sorry about Doug's cousin, that's only three years older than me, that's just not enough time. One of the guys I work with lost his grandmother last night in a freak accident. Always a reminder to appreciate even the little things.

Lauren- wow, time has flown! I can't believe T is old enough to play video games!

Nancy- we went to T-Rex cafe for thanksgiving in 2010. It was so much fun! Everyone asked if we missed a traditional thanksgiving- not one bit!!!

All I have planned for thanksgiving dinner is pioneer woman rosemary rolls and ohana green beans, i should probably start putting some real thought into it.

It is so good to be back here, I know I don't post often but I love being able to catch up with you all.
Rogue26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 05:07 AM   #785
Nancyg56
DIS Veteran

Ellen- I am so very very sorry. Your family has had a great deal of sorrow this past year. How is Doug through this? He has had to bear a lot and with such an unexpected loss Your family is in my prayers. My heart breaks for Your aunt Bev. Losing a child

Marilyn- I just got a visual of you being used as a carpet as the boys head to your cookies

Kat- GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO Kyle!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Keep us posted!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Robin- Rolls? I'm good I am actually not kidding, one year my neice Kim stopped in after dinner and we always have food left for nibbling. She filled a coffee cup with gravy, buttered some rolls and that was it. After her rolls were gone she slurped the rest of the gravy. Scary girl our Kim!

Now Anna makes rolls for us. We told her not to even bother to ask what to make, rolls it is and always will be. Dan likes the Martin's potato rolls so he always always picks up a couple of bags of those things and while my gravy is simmering they all dig in. Big trouble in Nan's house if anyone touches my "company" butter so I find knives and extras butter dishes stashed next to the stovetop.

Yup-----------You could invite us and simply have those rolls and dinner would be complete

Lauren- how are you today? The weather is not good for people who have sinus headaches, that is true.

Becky- how was the snow in your area? Some folks here got 12" but that was downstate. Those poor people did not need this

Today is school and then one of Buddy's cousins is planning to stay here for a while. She is doing something with horses or something at the Big E fairgrounds and does not want to commute.. I have a lot of clothes laid out in Kady's room while I sort through what we need to take and what I need to put away for Winter. I better get busy!
Old 11-08-2012, 05:46 AM   #786
FormrCastMbr
DIS Veteran

I just posted this on the WFD thread by mistake. I have no idea how I did that. I dont think I even opened it!

Good morning. I woke up and it feels like my head is in a vice. I felt better yesterday so I didnt take anything last night.

Kat, Good luck Kyle! Go Privateers! have fun!

Ellen, I am so very sorry to hear about Doug's cousin. So very young...

Robyn, I may add those green beans to my thanksgiving menu. Yum! I talk to my sister yesterday and asked what kind of vegetables her kids eat and she told me my nephew (and her) cannot eat carrots anymore so I might just scratch them from the menu. I guess I have time to figure it all out.

Nancy, Love the roll story! I am a dunker but never filled a mug before! Thanks for the idea!

I am going to look at more recipes...I think dinner will be pasta with meatballs and a tossed salad.

Have a great day all!
FormrCastMbr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 05:26 PM   #787
Glynis
Taking applications for a WDW tour guide!

Howdy, everyone! It's been a while since I posted! Things have gone crazy around here! Once Halloween was over, I really had to kick the costumes into high gear! Opening night is this coming Monday, and we have had a hard time with some of the costumes. I've been spending every spare minute working on them. I feel like I'm at the high school more than my high school kid! Yesterday was our first dress rehearsal. We were able to start early, since school was released at noon so the student body (minus our cast) could go to the championship football game. I got to the school by 11:30 a.m., we started rehearsal at 1:00 (problems with the lights), and I dragged my tired self into the house by 6:00 last night. It was a LONG day! Tomorrow will be even longer! Last day to make any changes, and make sure everything looks ok. I'll be glad when it opens, but even happier when it closes!!!

Thanksgiving dinner will be at my sister's house this year. I'm doing stuffing, pecan pie, sweet potatoes, and an appetizer. I found a fun recipe for cranberry and brie appetizers in small pastry cups. Looks good to me! I'm hoping it's pretty easy, as the play closes the Tuesday night before Thanksgiving, so I won't have time to try out new recipes before then!

Alan is taking me out tonight to get new windshield wipers for my car! It's snowing up a blizzard out there today, and I can't see to drive! So, that will be our date night. I imagine we'll end up at Costco for dinner, since that's the way our dates have gone, lately. Oh well. At least it's time together away from the kids!

2014 Reading Challenge Goal: 70 books

The Art of Racing in the Rain ~ The House of Hades ~ How To Be Like Walt ~ Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows ~ The Seven Mouths of God ~ Behind the Beautiful Forevers ~ The Mysterious Affair at Styles ~ The Big 5-Oh ~ A Year in the Life of William Shakespeare ~ Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children ~ Wait Till Next Year ~ While We Were Watching Downton Abbey ~ Great Expectations ~ The Maze Runner ~ The Fault In Our Stars ~ The Juliet Club ~ The Girls' Guide to Love and Supper Clubs ~ The Power of One ~ The Supremes at Earl's All-You-Can-Eat ~ Hollow City ~ The Fountainhead ~ Cat's Cradle ~ Speaking From Among The Bones ~ Death Comes to Pemberley ~ Quilt or Innocence ~ The Chocolate Thief ~ On Strike for Christmas ~ Bikini Season ~ Mrs. Lincoln's Dressmaker ~ Miss Dreamsville and the Collier County Women's Literary Society ~ Cinnamon Roll Murder ~ Red Velvet Cupcake Murder ~ Blackberry Pie Murder ~ Home To Holly Springs ~ In The Company of Others ~ The Devil in the White City ~ Gathering Blue ~ Messenger ~ The Bell Jar ~ The Boys in the Boat ~ The Dead in Their Vaulted Arches ~ Son ~ Beach Colors ~ Welcome to Last Chance ~ Last Chance Beauty Queen ~ Last Chance Knit and Stitch ~ The World According to Garp ~ The Bean Trees ~ I'll Be Seeing You
Glynis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 09:46 PM   #788
bigmerle1966
Photobucket
OH MY STARS!

Well it was our last game of the season tonight and it was a playoff game, 1st time in more than 8 years. While the boys did lose they played a great game.

Now on to the rest of my marathon weekend. My DN's have a swim meet and I am doing ferry service, picking one up at 6am and keeping her while her sister swims until it is her part of the meet then switching. Once the meet is done for the day I will have both overnight then Sunday morning will take one and drop her off then bring the other one later.

And at some point this weekend I have to get my godson a birthday present.
POR/AKL 12/02 POR(overnight stay)11/04 POR 6/21-6/29/05 POP 12/10-12/18/05 OKW 6/16-6/22/06 BWI 12/06 POP 9/7-9/10/06 OKW- Girls week May 07 POLY 7/5 to 7/9/07 POP 9/1 to 9/9/07 POP 11/1-11/6/07 POP 12/19 to 12/26/08 For Noah For delswife. LYMI
........... Oh Chachi!..... Bird Flu Hits Trailer Park- News at 11 Duchess Ohmystars of Rearkickerstown
Old 11-10-2012, 06:52 PM   #789
TigerKat

Robin - Kyle is a senior! He pitched great on Thursday, it's amazing to see the progress he's made since last year. Hard work and great coaches! It's great being able to keep up with you here. We may not all post daily but we still manage to keep up with each other.

Nan - I don't know what my boy is going to do when baseball is no longer a part of his life! For 17 years baseball has been his passion. Guess it'll be a big "welcome to the real world" for him.

Glynis - You have been a very busy lady!! I hope the play goes well after all of the work you put into it and hopefully, when it's over you can enjoy your Thanksgiving and get some well needed rest!

Marilyn - Your godson and nieces are so blessed to have you.

Lauren - The pics of Andrew and his date were great! He and T looked so handsome. Hope you're feeling better.

Made a great shrimp & pasta dish tonight with peppers, onions & artichoke hearts. Had a spinach salad also.
Old 11-10-2012, 07:16 PM   #790
Nancyg56
DIS Veteran

Don't bet on it Kat. Deb played softball for year after she graduated from college.

Marilyn- does this mean no more cookies?

Glynis- blizzard?????????????????????????????????????
Old 11-10-2012, 10:06 PM   #791
bigmerle1966
Photobucket
OH MY STARS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nancyg56 View Post
Marilyn- does this mean no more cookies?
There's always going to be cookies. I will make them for the banquet then will probably do them for lacrosse in the spring. The one who currently plays football will graduate this school year but his mother and I will stick with the team for the next two years until his little brother starts so there will be 6 more years of away game cookies.

Day one down. Tomorrow I am just taking my one DN then my mother will bring the other one later. That way I can stay and watch the swimming.
Old 11-10-2012, 10:51 PM   #792
PrincessInOz
in
Catch you at the other end

Hi everyone. Got home safely today and am starting to feel a little sleepy. It's only 4 pm here so I'm going to stay awake for a few more hours.

Just going to jump back in and hope that everyone is safe and well.

Disneyland - Dec 1986, May 1990, Dec 1997, Aug 2003, Jun 2005, Jul 2007 TR, Nov 2008, The Mad Dash (Jan 2011, Nov 2012) Oct 14 PTR
Walt Disney World - Jun 2005, May 2010 (POR, BCV) PTR || TR, Oct 2010 (CSR) PTR || TR, Oct 2013 Anyone Game? PTR || TR in progress
Hong Kong Disneyland - Mar/Apr 2012 TR
PrincessInOz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 05:49 PM   #793
TigerKat

PIO - Welcome back! Can't wait to hear all about it and I'm hoping you have pics to share!

Quick fly by to say I might not be around much the next two weeks. I'll be alone at work...fun times....
Old 11-13-2012, 01:26 AM   #794
PrincessInOz
in
Catch you at the other end

Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerKat View Post
PIO - Welcome back! Can't wait to hear all about it and I'm hoping you have pics to share!

Quick fly by to say I might not be around much the next two weeks. I'll be alone at work...fun times....
I've only come home with 2000 pictures this time. I'm definitely slipping on the photography front!

A selection of these will be posted on my TR.

Disneyland - Dec 1986, May 1990, Dec 1997, Aug 2003, Jun 2005, Jul 2007 TR, Nov 2008, The Mad Dash (Jan 2011, Nov 2012) Oct 14 PTR
Walt Disney World - Jun 2005, May 2010 (POR, BCV) PTR || TR, Oct 2010 (CSR) PTR || TR, Oct 2013 Anyone Game? PTR || TR in progress
Hong Kong Disneyland - Mar/Apr 2012 TR
PrincessInOz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 06:31 PM   #795
OKWMom
DIS Veteran

Hi everyone. I will try to read back and catch up but it may not happen until this weekend. I have to take Hailey back tomorrow for her post surgical follow up and I have to work on Friday. But I promise to try to keep up here.

Kat, I realized today that I had not given you the pumpkin roll recipe I promised you. Here it is (and I hope it isn't too late)

Pumpkin Roll

Need 1” x 15” x 10” cookie sheet
Extra sugar for dish towel

Cake
1 cup sugar
3 large eggs
2/3 cup 100% Libby’s Pure Pumpkin (in can)
1 tsp. baking soda
½ tsp. cinnamon
¾ cup self rising flour

Filling
2 tablespoons softened butter
1 (8 oz) brick cream cheese, softened
¾ tsp vanilla
1 cup powered sugar
1 cup chopped pecans (optional)

Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Line cookie sheet with wax paper. Mix together all of the above cake ingredients and pour into cookie sheet. Bake for 15 minutes.

Turn out cake onto a thin dish towel which you have liberally sprinkled with sugar and roll cake up immediately like a jelly roll. Let cool for 20 to 30 minutes and unroll and spread with filling. Sprinkle with chopped nuts if desired. Re-roll and wrap in saran wrap.

Refrigerate and slice. Can be frozen if you wrap in aluminum foil. Defrost, slice and serve.

Because my husband's family likes their desserts REALLY sweet, one filling recipe wasn't enough. So I use almost one and one-half fillings for each roll. Normally since the rolls freeze so well, I make them in groups of two and fill the two rolls with three recipes of filling.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: