Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-20-2012, 09:53 AM   #571
HERSEY
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBeadPirate View Post
Got room for another at this party?!?
For you? Always
Old 09-20-2012, 09:58 AM   #572
TheBeadPirate
Button Maker Magician & Blinkie toting Sherpa

Quote:
Originally Posted by HERSEY View Post
For you? Always
Aw, youse so sweet to me! Thanks!

Thanks to Hurricane Isaac I started back to Entergy Monday and can't get to FB. So I remembered talk of a thread and came a hunting!

Now I know why things have been so quiet- you all are here!
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-20-2012, 10:12 AM   #573
EJ4Disney
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glynis View Post
Morning, everyone!

Well, it finally happened. The one thing Jacob was worried about with starting Middle School... he's been bullied! It happened on the bus ride home yesterday afternoon. Jacob is on the small side, and he was sitting with a friend, who also happens to be a bit smaller, and 2 9th graders came to where they were sitting, and plopped down on top of them. When Jacob tried to move out of the way, one of them grabbed his hand and bent it backwards over his wrist. Several of his friends tried to get the bullying to stop, and finally the bus driver saw what was going on, pulled over immediately, and threw the bully's off the bus. They were a couple of stops away from their regular stop.

Jacob held it together until he got home, and then he had a complete meltdown. It just broke my heart to see him so upset. Luckily, his hand is ok. I'm watching it for bruising, though. If that happens, we'll be taking pictures and contacting the administration. As mama bear, I just want to run down to that school, find those 2 boys, and rip into them. However, Jacob wants to handle it himself. So, I get to take a couple of steps back and worry.

Other than that, things are really good here. We are making another quick trip to dad's house this weekend. Alan has some filming to do for his thesis project, and the kids and I will get some quality time with grandpa! Should be fun!!!

Dinner tonight is beef and broccoli in the crock pot! Another pinterest find!
OH Oh oh, I am furious. There is NO excuse for bullying!!! I am so very sorry that this has happened to Jacob. Prayers are with you and him. And the boy if you EVER find him. Just remember Vic can be in and out in a day. Just sayin!!
So glad to hear the news is good for you brother.

Kat ~ I So agree. It is so great to come in here and actually have to read back. It just feels so good to catch up with everyone.

Aimee ~ I knew you could do it. Good for you!!

PIO ~ Glad the boy is home - dirt and all.
I so love to hear all about your tulips and summer. Especially when the snow is blowing here.

Lauren ~ YUM!! That recipe looks amazing and going right into my rotation.
So far I have been able to resist Pinterest. I just don't have time right now. And everyone I know says it is very addicting.

Janice ~ I also vote for 2 small trips. These are precious times.

Nan ~ I hope you enjoyed your Mon/Son time. How's the hand, and what did the Dr. say?

Robin ~ Hope the internet is fixed real soon. It is so good to "see" you again. I missed you!

Becky ~ I almost snorted my coffed to the screen. I would put a weeks pay on the fact that I bet your "vacation" meals are still better than mine and a lot prettier.

Merle ~ Oh I love my massages. My one splurge, just for me. Did you like it?

Lori ~ YEA!! It is so good to see you. "Welcome home" we are so glad you found us.

Thank you all so very much for holding my family so close. We have felt all the prayers. You all are the best!!

Doug is still miserable. He is a mess. I so hope this goes away and NEVER comes back. I just feel so sorry for him. Plus we had one funeral yesterday and one today. This has been a hard week and one I will be glad when it is over. We are headed back to Lincoln tomorrow for the game on Saturday. That at least is someting to look forward to.

I'm a bit tired this morning. After Church last night I stayed up and made a double batch of Chocolate Chip Truffles. Matthew had requested them and so did the Ladies at the Bank. So I made a double batch. I didn't get my 8 hours last night - .

WFDT ~ (It's golf night and he isn't even going - that is how I know he isn't feeling great. Hasn't missed work though.)

Crockpot Chicken and dressing - real comfort food, glazed carrots and sliced tomatoes.

Make it a great day everyone!!

Ellen
EJ4Disney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012, 12:20 PM   #574
TheBeadPirate
Button Maker Magician & Blinkie toting Sherpa

Any NOLA gals know of anyone looking for a job? I'll post on FB also but someone who was supposed to be starting Monday with us won't be now.
Old 09-20-2012, 12:59 PM   #575
bigmerle1966
Photobucket
OH MY STARS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessInOz View Post
Marilyn - What is Massage Envy?
It is a spa that has memberships. It is $59 a month and you get one massage. You can also have additional massages at a discounted rate of $49, the normal, non member price is $98.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerKat View Post
Marilyn – Glad to “see you” here, you’ve been missed!!
Glad to be here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EJ4Disney View Post
Merle ~ Oh I love my massages. My one splurge, just for me. Did you like it?
Yes. The young man who did it was very good. Next time though I have to remember to wear flip flops, having to tie shoes afterward was a bit of a pain since I felt very sleepy.

Have a meeting tonight then football tomorrow night and a Bull & Oyster Roast Saturday night. Spending the weekend working on getting donations for the Homecoming pancake breakfast and making a quilt for a donation.
POR/AKL 12/02 POR(overnight stay)11/04 POR 6/21-6/29/05 POP 12/10-12/18/05 OKW 6/16-6/22/06 BWI 12/06 POP 9/7-9/10/06 OKW- Girls week May 07 POLY 7/5 to 7/9/07 POP 9/1 to 9/9/07 POP 11/1-11/6/07 POP 12/19 to 12/26/08 For Noah For delswife. LYMI
........... Oh Chachi!..... Bird Flu Hits Trailer Park- News at 11 Duchess Ohmystars of Rearkickerstown
bigmerle1966 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2012, 05:59 AM   #576
Nancyg56
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigmerle1966 View Post
Yes. The young man who did it was very good. Next time though I have to remember to wear flip flops, having to tie shoes afterward was a bit of a pain since I felt very sleepy.
If there was anyone who deserved a nap it is you! I am so glad you enjoyed your massage!

Quote:
Originally Posted by EJ4Disney View Post
Doug is still miserable. He is a mess. I so hope this goes away and NEVER comes back. I just feel so sorry for him. Plus we had one funeral yesterday and one today. This has been a hard week and one I will be glad when it is over. We are headed back to Lincoln tomorrow for the game on Saturday. That at least is someting to look forward to.

I'm a bit tired this morning. After Church last night I stayed up and made a double batch of Chocolate Chip Truffles. Matthew had requested them and so did the Ladies at the Bank. So I made a double batch. I didn't get my 8 hours last night - .
I feel so badly for Doug, i cannot imagine. Please know that your family is close in my heart in always in my prayers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by liamsaunt View Post
Nothing much exciting has been going on at my house food wise lately. I haven't been motivated to cook anything special this week. Oh well, I don't mind taking a break once in a while

You make me chuckle! Your boring meals and my boring meals are very different...and not in a good way

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessInOz View Post
Nancy - I know DS came home with mud everywhere but I'm not complaining. He's not an outdoorsey boy and does all he can to avoid being outside. So, whilst there was some effort involved in getting the mud out of the shoes and clothes, I was quite happy that he was out and about.

It's Thursday night here. I'm glad that tomorrow is Friday and the weekend will be here soon. Depending on the weather, we might either go check out the tulip festival in the hills or head to the Royal Melbourne Show (our State Fair). If it is rainy, we'll hibernate instead.

Have a great day all.
Oh PIO- I knew you were not complaining! There is nothing like boys coming home muddy.........Buddy tells the kids not to worry "Nana has a washer"

He is a Honeymooner fan and since Kady was a tadpole and would cringe at sticky fingers and dirty hands "There is always hope when there's water and soap" Norton always says this

Now Nola and Rylee recite this whenever they roll around in the dirt.

I would love to go to the Tulip Festival! Tulips scream SPRING to me and I love them. From stately tall petals to frilly puffy poofs, they all are gorgeous!

Quote:
PIO – I would love to attend the tulip festival, it’s my favorite flower! I’ve always wanted to make a trip up the East Coast and meet the gals along the way but we can’t seem to do it since we are stubborn and can’t give up our TWO annual Disney trips.
Hey Lady! We are not Disney but if you ever can make it this way in the Fall you will see a show that rivals any show anywhere! You and Johnny would have a blast....we could join the Leaf Peepers, check out all the cheese shops, hit some wine trails and EAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote:
Morning, everyone!

Well, it finally happened. The one thing Jacob was worried about with starting Middle School... he's been bullied! !
I have plenty to say but not on a message board. Glynis- Donny was horribly bullied in school, and this was before schools would acknowledge this happened. Buddy would take him to school every day, get out of his rusty old truck, stand there looking even bigger and more terrifying than he was, trying t send a message that Donny was not alone. It was horrible.

Quote:
YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Lori's in the house!

Girls, i am here but still fighting that cold. BBL!
Old 09-21-2012, 06:10 AM   #577
PrincessInOz
in
Catch you at the other end

Glynis - I feel for you. My DS was bullied for the 6 years he was at the old primary school from day 1. Nothing I could do about it....he had to fight his own battles. He ended up punching one of the boys in the mouth in Grade 4 and whilst he got into trouble with the teachers and principal, the bullies pretty much left him alone after that.

Kat - You need to head to California and see DLR in the spring. There is a tulip farm in Carlsbad, about 1.5 hours drive south.
But that will mean swapping one of your two WDW trips for one at DLR.

Quote:
Hello. I don't think we've formally met. I joined this group about two dinner threads ago.....

Ellen - Hope you're doing okay.

Marilyn - Now I have Massage. Envy. (Enjoy!)

Nancy - Get better soon!

My weekend has officially started and I had dinner at home, alone. Made myself some comfort mac and cheese; with bacon on top.

The weather might be reasonable on Sunday and DH and I can't decide between the Show or the Tulips. I suspect that DS will want to go to the Show; so that will mean the tulips on another day. I'm dying to see what they look like this year.

Have a good day all!

Disneyland - Dec 1986, May 1990, Dec 1997, Aug 2003, Jun 2005, Jul 2007 TR, Nov 2008, Jan 2011 and Nov 2012 Another Mad Dash TR
Walt Disney World - Jun 2005, May 2010 (POR, BCV) PTR || TR, Oct 2010 (CSR) PTR || TR, Oct 2013 Anyone Game? PTR || TR in progress
Hong Kong Disneyland - Mar/Apr 2012 TR
PrincessInOz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2012, 07:31 AM   #578
Glynis
Taking applications for a WDW tour guide!

Good morning, everyone! I'm so glad that it's Friday!!! I need this weekend!

Well, the bullying problem was resolved, and Jacob feels good about it. I asked him if he wanted me to talk to the principal at conferences last night, but he said no, he wanted to handle it. Yesterday morning, when he got to school, he went to the office, but the principal had already heard about the incident from several other kids who were on the bus. The 2 bullies were suspended and their bus privileges were taken away for the rest of the year. If they bully again, they will be expelled. When Jacob got home from school, he was in a much better mood, and really feels like things will be ok.

Alan took Jacob aside and they had a long father/son talk. Upshot was, you don't throw the first punch, but if it comes down to it, defend yourself, and we will back you up the whole way! Stand up for yourself! While they were talking, I was putting together a line of "spies" to keep an eye on things. I have a niece in the 9th grade at the same school, and she and her friends will watch and step in, if needed.

Dinner tonight will be at my dad's house!!! Can't wait!!!

Oh, and I almost forgot..... YAY!!! LORI'S HERE!!!!!

2014 Reading Challenge Goal: 70 books

The Art of Racing in the Rain ~ The House of Hades ~ How To Be Like Walt ~ Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows ~ The Seven Mouths of God ~ Behind the Beautiful Forevers ~ The Mysterious Affair at Styles ~ The Big 5-Oh ~ A Year in the Life of William Shakespeare ~ Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children ~ Wait Till Next Year ~ While We Were Watching Downton Abbey ~ Great Expectations ~ The Maze Runner ~ The Fault In Our Stars ~ The Juliet Club ~ The Girls' Guide to Love and Supper Clubs ~ The Power of One ~ The Supremes at Earl's All-You-Can-Eat ~ Hollow City ~ The Fountainhead ~ Cat's Cradle ~ Speaking From Among The Bones ~ Death Comes to Pemberley ~ Quilt or Innocence ~ The Chocolate Thief ~ On Strike for Christmas ~ Bikini Season ~ Mrs. Lincoln's Dressmaker ~ Miss Dreamsville and the Collier County Women's Literary Society ~ Cinnamon Roll Murder ~ Red Velvet Cupcake Murder ~ Blackberry Pie Murder ~ Home To Holly Springs ~ In The Company of Others
Glynis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2012, 07:37 AM   #579
PrincessInOz
in

Quote:
Good morning, everyone! I'm so glad that it's Friday!!! I need this weekend!

Well, the bullying problem was resolved, and Jacob feels good about it. I asked him if he wanted me to talk to the principal at conferences last night, but he said no, he wanted to handle it. Yesterday morning, when he got to school, he went to the office, but the principal had already heard about the incident from several other kids who were on the bus. The 2 bullies were suspended and their bus privileges were taken away for the rest of the year. If they bully again, they will be expelled. When Jacob got home from school, he was in a much better mood, and really feels like things will be ok.

Alan took Jacob aside and they had a long father/son talk. Upshot was, you don't throw the first punch, but if it comes down to it, defend yourself, and we will back you up the whole way! Stand up for yourself! While they were talking, I was putting together a line of "spies" to keep an eye on things. I have a niece in the 9th grade at the same school, and she and her friends will watch and step in, if needed.

Dinner tonight will be at my dad's house!!! Can't wait!!!

Oh, and I almost forgot..... YAY!!! LORI'S HERE!!!!!
Glad it got resolved so easily.

Just to clarify my post...DH had a similar father/son talk with DS. He gave him 3 things....
1. Tell them to back off.
2. Walk away from the bullies if they won't stop.
3. Tell a teacher.

DS followed these for over 4 years before he finally got angry enough to hit one of the bullies. We backed him to the hilt when we got called into the principle's office to discuss the situation. And given that other parents had complained about the bullies, the principle understood where we came from. We don't condone violence; but sometimes, the kids have to sort this out in the 'playground'.

Disneyland - Dec 1986, May 1990, Dec 1997, Aug 2003, Jun 2005, Jul 2007 TR, Nov 2008, Jan 2011 and Nov 2012 Another Mad Dash TR
Walt Disney World - Jun 2005, May 2010 (POR, BCV) PTR || TR, Oct 2010 (CSR) PTR || TR, Oct 2013 Anyone Game? PTR || TR in progress
Old 09-21-2012, 09:00 AM   #580
EJ4Disney
DIS Veteran

Morning Girls,

Nan ~ I have seen your beautiful leaves. My Momma and I were leaf peepers. We had a ball!! I really want to take Doug back there, so believe me if I get close to you we WILL MEET!!! Doug would love Buddy and well heck I already love you!!
Take care of that cold!!

PIO ~ Sweetie, bacon always makes me feel better.

Glynis ~ I am so glad that things have been resolved with Jacob. Sounds like it was nipped in the bud real fast. I think they are more aware and doing something about bullying these days. Thank God!!

I have a headache this morning - I NEVER have a headache. Why, oh why today. I have to much to do and a fun night ahead to be saddled with a headache.

Doug is at the hospital getting an MRI on his knee (old football injury) this morning. Poor guy he feels like he is falling apart. I hope they find something that can be fixed as it really hurts him. He won't even walk with me anymore. This getting old isn't for sissys that's for sure.

I am packed and ready to leave for Lincoln right after work. I can't wait to see my boy and get this weekend started.

WFDT ~ Old Chicago (Matthew's pick).

Make it a great day!!

Ellen
EJ4Disney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2012, 09:07 AM   #581
TigerKat
HOPE YOUR DAY IS FILLED WITH JOY AND HAPPINESS !!
Blow some of that cool air down here
Warning! Getting a tag is hazardous to my mouse

Lori – You are always welcome here, miss you!!! Don’t know of anyone looking for a job other than my boy. He can only work part time at night. His school schedule conflicted with his country club job and unfortunately he had to quit, he loved it there.

Glynis – I am so sorry to hear that Jacob was bullied. I can only imagine how upset you must have been, it just infuriates me to read about it. I am glad to hear how well the school handled the situation. I don’t blame you for having “spies”. Praying it never happens again to your sweet boy.

Nan – You don’t know how much I’d love to make a trip up your way. It will happen one day, I promise! I hope you start feeling better soon!

PIO – I would love to check out the tulip farm in Carlsbad. We need to shake things up a bit and see something other than Food & Wine……I can’t believe I just said that.

Ellen - Prayers continue for you, your family and especially Doug. Glad y'all are going to Lincoln. I hope Doug is able to enjoy himself.

Looking forward to dinner tonight! We are joining Sheryl & Bob and another couple we've never met at one of Emeril's restaurants for a six course dinner with beer pairings. I'm excited to meet the others because they will also be joining us at F&W next month! (Hopefully I won't blow my diet TOO bad tonight).
Old 09-21-2012, 09:39 AM   #582
liamsaunt
I was an irish girl with an afro
I am Doombah Dippinlips. I just don't know what to say about that
Agh! I'm a chip junkie!
Mashed potatoes were invented as a delivery vehicle

Quote:
Looking forward to dinner tonight! We are joining Sheryl & Bob and another couple we've never met at one of Emeril's restaurants for a six course dinner with beer pairings. I'm excited to meet the others because they will also be joining us at F&W next month! (Hopefully I won't blow my diet TOO bad tonight).
YUM!!! Have fun ladies!

Glynis, I am glad that things worked out so quickly, and also that there were kids on the bus willing to step in! Hopefully that will be the end of it. Bullying is so bad. I was bullied in 6th grade badly enough that my parents switched me out to another school.

Hi Lori! Long time no "see." I hope you are well.

I truly have not been cooking this week. One night I even just had a handful of popcorn! John wasn't here this week though, he was in Paris for business, so that's partly why I was not motivated. He is flying home today so maybe I will have some pictures soon.

I am not cooking again tonight! I have to staff a black tie gala for my employer. Supposedly they are feeding us after we get all of the guests seated but I am not counting on it. I am eating a big lunch as insurance! (though not so big that I won't be able to zip my gown up later )
liamsaunt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2012, 04:52 PM   #583
LBKB
DIS Veteran

Hi everyone I have read back but my life is still a BIG mess so want my old boring life back . O well trying to make the best of things.

Glynis -Im so so glad things worked out for Jacob and glad to hear about the actions taken against the other boys.

Kat and Sheryl have fun tonight Im envious.

Well we finally decided we are still going to florida in oct and our youngest son is also coming along. Cant wait i so need a vacation sorry to be such a bad friend to you all here after you all have been such good friends to me.
LBKB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2012, 05:20 PM   #584
PrincessInOz
in

Quote:
Originally Posted by LBKB View Post
Hi everyone I have read back but my life is still a BIG mess so want my old boring life back . O well trying to make the best of things.

Glynis -Im so so glad things worked out for Jacob and glad to hear about the actions taken against the other boys.

Kat and Sheryl have fun tonight Im envious.

Well we finally decided we are still going to florida in oct and our youngest son is also coming along. Cant wait i so need a vacation sorry to be such a bad friend to you all here after you all have been such good friends to me.
Lauri -

Look after yourself and your family. You know we're here if you need us.

Old 09-22-2012, 07:36 PM   #585
PrincessInOz
in

Hi all. Looks like you're having a pretty busy weekend and I hope that it is fun as well.

If anyone is interested, pictures of my tulip visit....are on this link.

http://www.disboards.com/showthread....5#post46237305

WFDT? Hamburgers!

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: