Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-14-2012, 11:07 AM   #526
LBKB
DIS Veteran

A quick check in Ive been reading but not much to say.

Kat- are you going to Acme by chance?

Nan - glad to hear your calling Dr I'll be looking for what he has to say.

Lauren- Thant food sounds yummy

Bethany- I hope the floor gets fixed quick and easy
LBKB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2012, 02:47 PM   #527
Glynis
Taking applications for a WDW tour guide!

Well, I'm home from bowling, and have about an hour before the kids start trickling in from school. It's so odd to have them all coming in at different times. Katie gets here at 2:30, Jacob at 3:00 and the twins at 3:45. It's weird having them in 3 different schools!

Here's the recipe:

Slow Cooker Cashew Chicken

2 lbs. boneless, skinless chicken thigh tenders or breast tenders
1/4 C. flour
1/2 tsp. black pepper
1 Tbsp. vegetable oil
1/4 C. soy sauce
2 Tbsp rice wine vinegar
2 Tbsp ketchup
1 Tbsp brown sugar
1 garlic clove, minced
1/2 tsp grated fresh ginger (I used powdered)
1/4 tsp red pepper flakes (I cut this in half due to my wimpy kids)
1/2 C. cashews

Combine flour and pepper in large baggie. Add chicken. Shake to coat with flour mixture. Heat oil in skillet over medium-high heat. Brown chicken about 2 minutes on each side. Place chicken in slow cooker. Combine soy sauce, vinegar, ketchup, sugar, garlic, ginger and pepper flakes in a small bowl; pour over chicken. Cook on LOW for 3 to 4 hours. Add cashews and stir. Serve over rice. Makes 4-6 servings.

If you like sauce, double the recipe. I also let it continue to cook for a half an hour after I added the cashews.

This was really yummy!!!

2014 Reading Challenge Goal: 70 books

The Art of Racing in the Rain ~ The House of Hades ~ How To Be Like Walt ~ Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows ~ The Seven Mouths of God ~ Behind the Beautiful Forevers ~ The Mysterious Affair at Styles ~ The Big 5-Oh ~ A Year in the Life of William Shakespeare ~ Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children ~ Wait Till Next Year ~ While We Were Watching Downton Abbey ~ Great Expectations ~ The Maze Runner ~ The Fault In Our Stars ~ The Juliet Club ~ The Girls' Guide to Love and Supper Clubs ~ The Power of One ~ The Supremes at Earl's All-You-Can-Eat ~ Hollow City ~ The Fountainhead ~ Cat's Cradle ~ Speaking From Among The Bones ~ Death Comes to Pemberley ~ Quilt or Innocence ~ The Chocolate Thief ~ On Strike for Christmas ~ Bikini Season ~ Mrs. Lincoln's Dressmaker ~ Miss Dreamsville and the Collier County Women's Literary Society ~ Cinnamon Roll Murder ~ Red Velvet Cupcake Murder ~ Blackberry Pie Murder ~ Home To Holly Springs ~ In The Company of Others ~ The Devil in the White City ~ Gathering Blue ~ Messenger ~ The Bell Jar ~ The Boys in the Boat ~ The Dead in Their Vaulted Arches ~ Son ~ Beach Colors ~ Welcome to Last Chance ~ Last Chance Beauty Queen ~ Last Chance Knit and Stitch
Glynis is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-14-2012, 03:59 PM   #528
EJ4Disney
DIS Veteran

Hi girls,

I am in, but only for a quick second. We have had 2 funerals this week and probably 2 next week. And of course I am in charge - OF COURSE!!!!

I am all but ready to head out the door. As soon as Doug gets off of work we are headed to Lincoln for the game.

GO BIG RED!!!

Love and hugs to all of you. Have a great weekend.

Nan I see you have checked in. Lady I am so sorry you are still hurting. Please take care of you!!

WFDT ~ On the road somewhere. Marty, Stephanie and Lilly are following us, so somewhere 1/2 way.

Make it a great day!!

Ellen
EJ4Disney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2012, 05:32 PM   #529
TigerKat
HOPE YOUR DAY IS FILLED WITH JOY AND HAPPINESS !!
Blow some of that cool air down here
Warning! Getting a tag is hazardous to my mouse

Quote:
Originally Posted by LBKB View Post

So glad to have you back posting! No, not Acme tonight. Next time y'all come down we have to take y'all here:

http://www.grandislerestaurant.com/

Last edited by TigerKat; 09-14-2012 at 06:12 PM.
TigerKat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2012, 04:47 AM   #530
PrincessInOz
in
Catch you at the other end

Hi Everyone. Just a check-in and not much else. Life has been busy here.....full of those everyday normal run-of-the-mill events that don't seem to amount to very much other than take up time. But you know that those events are the cornerstones and foundations of long term friendships and relationships with family and friends.

WFDT? We had pasta two ways....bolognaise for the meat eaters and I made a green/verde sauce with beans, peas and parsley for the pesce-vegetarian. Would you believe that I preferred the verde??

Have a great weekend all. And for those interested, Saturday has turned out to be a rather long day.

Disneyland - Dec 1986, May 1990, Dec 1997, Aug 2003, Jun 2005, Jul 2007 TR, Nov 2008, The Mad Dash (Jan 2011, Nov 2012) Oct 14 PTR
Walt Disney World - Jun 2005, May 2010 (POR, BCV) PTR || TR, Oct 2010 (CSR) PTR || TR, Oct 2013 Anyone Game? PTR || TR in progress
Hong Kong Disneyland - Mar/Apr 2012 TR
PrincessInOz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2012, 09:15 AM   #531
TigerKat

Glynis Thanks for posting the recipe!

Ellen Have a great weekend!

PIO Your pasta two ways sounds delicious!

Dinner tonight will be Shrimp Scampi and a Caesar salad. Im trying to drop a few lbs before we go to Food & Wine festival. So far Ive lost 5 lbs in 11 days!

Hope everyone is having a great weekend!
Old 09-15-2012, 09:19 AM   #532
FormrCastMbr
DIS Veteran

Good Morning...not too awake yet so just a quick check in.

Glynis thanks for the recipe.

Not sure about dinner tonight. I am going out with the girls to a piano bar in Pittsburgh. Fun times! ETA: I am so excited...I just check the website and a couple of the guys are from Jellyrolls! Love that place!

Have a great day all!

Last edited by FormrCastMbr; 09-15-2012 at 09:27 AM.
FormrCastMbr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 06:01 AM   #533
Nancyg56
DIS Veteran

Quick check in!

Kat- Awesome! I keep saying I am going back on my diet but then WE have only 2 months til our Disney trip and I do nto want to buy new clothes so I better follow your lead!
How are you feeling? Better I hope!

Lauren- did you have a good time?

PIO- are you feeling better?

Lauri-

Ellen- I know you and Doug love this time of year! I hope you had a great time at the game!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Glynis- Marisa is going to contact you in regards tot eh book club. I think that we have decided on Gone Girl but I am not sure yet.

It took me a while to get used to the kids all coming and going at different times, I think it was more chaotic than all in and out at once!

Becky- I saw your new pic on FB! WOW!!!!!!!!!!! GOrgeous couple!

Bethany- You feeling better?

So thank God for Marisa! I have no idea what I would have done this week without her. I am not used to having to rely on anyone and this week was tough. I lost all last weekend and the week was hard with only on hand. And then I struggled a lot with that darn spreadsheet class. She came over to help me last night,
Clearly-my children got some of their skills not from me

Today I am at class all day.

We are eating but nothing fun.
Old 09-17-2012, 07:44 AM   #534
Glynis
Taking applications for a WDW tour guide!

Morning, everyone! The weekend went by too fast!!!

Alan took Jacob on a Father's/Son's trip on Saturday. It was a really quick thing. Alan had to go to a remote location for the Fall solstice Saturday night. It's for a project for one of his classes. So, he and Jacob drove 4 hours, set up cameras, filmed the thing, then drove 4 hours back. They were exhausted by the time they got home Sunday morning! But, they had a great time.

The girls, Timmy and I had a fun Saturday evening. We went out to eat, then rented a movie. At the last minute, Katie got invited to a party, so she went to hang out with her friends. She's really come out of her shell this year! Hooray!!!

Today, the twins are going on a 5th grade campout. They will be gone overnight, and they are so excited!!! This is something that all the other kids did in 5th grade, as well, so they are thrilled to actually be part of the "big kid" crowd, now. For me, it means a little more peace in my house tonight!!!

Dinner will be a crock pot jambalaya that I found on pinterest. We'll see if it's any good. If we like it, I'll post the recipe, and you NOLA gals can see if it's anything like the real thing!!!

Happy Monday, everyone!

2014 Reading Challenge Goal: 70 books

The Art of Racing in the Rain ~ The House of Hades ~ How To Be Like Walt ~ Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows ~ The Seven Mouths of God ~ Behind the Beautiful Forevers ~ The Mysterious Affair at Styles ~ The Big 5-Oh ~ A Year in the Life of William Shakespeare ~ Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children ~ Wait Till Next Year ~ While We Were Watching Downton Abbey ~ Great Expectations ~ The Maze Runner ~ The Fault In Our Stars ~ The Juliet Club ~ The Girls' Guide to Love and Supper Clubs ~ The Power of One ~ The Supremes at Earl's All-You-Can-Eat ~ Hollow City ~ The Fountainhead ~ Cat's Cradle ~ Speaking From Among The Bones ~ Death Comes to Pemberley ~ Quilt or Innocence ~ The Chocolate Thief ~ On Strike for Christmas ~ Bikini Season ~ Mrs. Lincoln's Dressmaker ~ Miss Dreamsville and the Collier County Women's Literary Society ~ Cinnamon Roll Murder ~ Red Velvet Cupcake Murder ~ Blackberry Pie Murder ~ Home To Holly Springs ~ In The Company of Others ~ The Devil in the White City ~ Gathering Blue ~ Messenger ~ The Bell Jar ~ The Boys in the Boat ~ The Dead in Their Vaulted Arches ~ Son ~ Beach Colors ~ Welcome to Last Chance ~ Last Chance Beauty Queen ~ Last Chance Knit and Stitch
Glynis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 09:37 AM   #535
EJ4Disney
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by LBKB View Post

Nan - glad to hear your calling Dr I'll be looking for what he has to say.

Lauren- Thant food sounds yummy

Bethany- I hope the floor gets fixed quick and easy
It is so good to see you posting my friend.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerKat View Post
Glynis Thanks for posting the recipe!

Ellen Have a great weekend!

PIO Your pasta two ways sounds delicious!

Dinner tonight will be Shrimp Scampi and a Caesar salad. Im trying to drop a few lbs before we go to Food & Wine festival. So far Ive lost 5 lbs in 11 days!

Hope everyone is having a great weekend!
WOW!!! 5 lbs. Good for you - now let us all know who you did it. I would love to drop 10 pounds.
How is Kyle doing?

Glynis ~ Thanks so much for the recipe. It looks easy and yummy.
I am so tickled about Katie. Good for her
Jacob and Alan had a wonderful Father/Son time. Those are memories that are so precious.

Lauren ~ Did you have a good time?

Nan ~ I so admire you and your determination with your classes.
How is the hand feeling?

We had such a nice weekend. But of course it went way to fast. Even Matthew made the remark that on Thursday he was so excited for us all to get there and now it's over. But we really did have fun!! We even won the ball game. Yesterday we went down into the Hay Market for sushi. Oh my goodness it was wonderful. Then we walked to the Creamery for dessert. YUM!! We kept walking as it was a beautiful day. Ended up being down there for over 3 hours. Ended the day sitting outside at a Starbucks for a nice cup of coffee. It was a wonderful afternoon.

Back to a busy week now. But will head back into Lincoln on Friday. We have 4home games this month.

Zumba tonight, so before we left for work this morning, Doug decided what he was going to fix for dinner.

WFDT ~ Grilled steaks, baked potatoes and a green salad. Works for me - expecially if I don't have to cook it.

Make it a great day!!

Ellen
EJ4Disney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 10:11 AM   #536
TigerKat

Lauren How was the piano bar? Hope yall had a great time!

Nan Im so glad you had Marisa last week to help. Wishing we were all closer at times like this and could lend a helping hand. I am feeling much better, thanks!

Ellen Sounds like yall had a wonderful weekend! As for the weight loss, its so much harder than it was four years ago when I dropped 35 lbs. The older I get, the harder it is. Im eating 1000 calories a day and working out at the gym 5 days a week for 2 hours a day and its finally, slowly coming off.

Glynis Im so happy to hear that Katie is coming out of her shell. Shes entering some of the best years of her life! Im sure the twins are going to have so much fun at the campout!

We grilled chicken yesterday and have enough leftover for grilled chicken salads, so that will be dinner!
Old 09-17-2012, 01:42 PM   #537
liamsaunt
I was an irish girl with an afro
I am Doombah Dippinlips. I just don't know what to say about that
Agh! I'm a chip junkie!
Mashed potatoes were invented as a delivery vehicle

Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerKat View Post
Im eating 1000 calories a day and working out at the gym 5 days a week for 2 hours a day and its finally, slowly coming off!
2 hours a day!! Wow! You must be getting excited for Food and Wine. Are you going at the end of this month, or am I remembering wrong?

Glynis and Ellen, sounds like you both had busy weekends.

PIO the verde pasta sounds really tasty and different.

WFD: maybe udon noodle bowl...not sure.
liamsaunt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 02:26 PM   #538
TigerKat

Quote:
Originally Posted by liamsaunt View Post
2 hours a day!! Wow! You must be getting excited for Food and Wine. Are you going at the end of this month, or am I remembering wrong?
We are getting excited but we have a month to go. We leave on 10/17!!
Old 09-17-2012, 02:42 PM   #539
FormrCastMbr
DIS Veteran

Hey all! Quick check in! Just got back from the gym and donating T's crib at the city mission. He finally started climbing out about a month ago so he now has a big boy bed. He now climbs into our bed though.

Piano bar was lots of fun! We didnt go to the one with the guys from Jellyrolls though. We went to one where they had the pianos and a band.

Our company yesterday was lots of fun and food was great! I could live on those sesame noodles. I used a new marinade for the chicken from Pinterest...honey lime it was yummy. The sangria I made was the best ever! I added a couple cinnamon sticks and used orange/mango/peach juice.

I will be back to catch up. I read everything just have to get finished here. Dinner is left overs. Probably kabobs over a salad.

Hope all is well.
FormrCastMbr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 03:42 PM   #540
Aimeedyan
Why get all excited about something as silly as a fake celebrity? Or getting a tag?
Jello is not meant to be chunky

It sounds like everyone had good, too-short, and busy weekends!

Things at work are ramping up more now that it's fall and we're starting a capital campaign! I'm excited, because my area is being targeted in the work and it really needs it! But, it also means more work to do

Tonight we are going to a local tapas type place for my bday dinner with another couple. I'm super excited! This restaurant also is on the 2nd floor, with no elevator, so this will be a big adventure for me to climb that many stairs. I can do it!!
1982 & 1990 ~ trips as a child ~1997 ~ Caribbean Beach ~ 2002 ~ Vacation Home ~ 2003 ~ Stayed with Family ~ 2004 ~ Port Orleans Riverside ~2006 ~ Pop Century & Disney's Vero Beach ~ 2007 ~ Wilderness Lodge & Yacht Club ~ 2008 ~ Carnival Cruise & All Star Music ~ 2009 ~ All Star Sports & Downtown Hotel ~ 2009 ~ All Star Music, Comfort Inn & Boardwalk Villas
Aimeedyan is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: