Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-06-2012, 09:33 AM   #256
EJ4Disney
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsHerbie53 View Post
I'm IN!!!! Long time, no see (on the DIS)!!!!

Our WDW trip April 27-May 6 was great, even the conference for work was good! Once I got back, I've been swamped with projects. So I am just getting on here since then!!! I did post some pictures on FB of the trip.

I'll just "catch up" a page or two...any more than that is overwhelming....but I've missed you all here.

My boy just finished up 7th grade and he did very well. We are so proud. He can hardly wait for football and has been lifting. He just bench-pressed 200 pounds!! He is almost 6 ft tall and is just 13. I am loving it for the heavy lifting around the house. He is looking forward to relaxing all summer...I am hoping for a compromise of relaxing for him and chores too.

Dinner is likely fish sticks and pierogies...I am trying to use up what I can from our upright freezer so I can defrost it before piling the harvest in it.

It is really good to say Hey to you all. I'll try to be back soon.

And I'm out!
Wow, that is one big boy you have. Good to see you and welcome back.

Glynis ~ I sure hope Timmy is feeling better. Any news on the house/job?

Kat ~ I am such a bad friend. I totally forgot about Kyle's birthday. I hope he had a great day!! Eating at Emerils would be the bomb for me. So sorry!!

Lauri ~ How was Brandon's 2nd day at work? What did he decide?

Nan ~ OH OH ohohohoh.........I am just livid about SIL. I do NOT blame you one bit for your anger and your walking away. When it comes to my family and especially my babies, you had better walk a fine line or you will have me to deal with. And I SO understand not telling Buddy.....Doug is the exact same way. SIL was way out of line, and my friend, this is not the first time she has done it. I just hope she realizes it will be the LAST time. Big hugs

We had a wonderful day yesterday. We went to drop Cooper (our Boxer) off at Stephanie's (they have a Great Dane - Addie, who is Cooper's best friend). We were saying goodbye and said sometime you need to go with us. She looked at me, I looked at Doug and he said - you have 10 minutes. LOL It was priceless! Doug packed the stroller. I packed the diaper bag, bottles and formula and Stephanie got dressed and grabbed Lilly and we were off. She is still on Maternity leave so this perfect. We had a ball - after my Dr. Apt. I was so glad she came, because I can't do it by myself and if ever Doug can't come at least now she can. We got to even see Matthew for a bit. Lilly was so good. She spent hours in her car seat and was perfect. We got home way after her bedtime (and mine too LOL) and she slept the whole way home. Omaha is 3 1/2 hours away so this was really great. We really did have so much fun.

Make it a great day my friends.

Ellen
EJ4Disney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2012, 01:03 PM   #257
scotlass
Proud Redhead
Lang may yer lum reek!
Ma heid's mince

very quick " in ".....

Kathy - You were in my dream last night...for a wee bit.

We arrive at your door in NOLA but you and Johnny had plans so left !!!!!
Thankfully your boy was full of Southern Hospitality and he invited us in for lunch.
A lunch of Froot Loops....every shelf in your kitchen was full of Froot loops.
Kyle told us you never cook and have been stealin recipes and pics for WFD for years.....SUCKAS !!!!!!

We then went out to play 2on2 in the yard and I dunked the boys 3 times, white chicks can jump !!

Best part of our NOLA trip was the frat party we hit at LSU, our boys can party Kat.

I just hope the vision of my boy and the beer bong stays in my dreams and never becomes a reality.

Im " out " for now, have a good day lassies.

LETS ALL DO THE BROONY \0/
scotlass is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-06-2012, 01:19 PM   #258
HERSEY
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by scotlass View Post
very quick " in ".....

Kathy - You were in my dream last night...for a wee bit.

We arrive at your door in NOLA but you and Johnny had plans so left !!!!!
Thankfully your boy was full of Southern Hospitality and he invited us in for lunch.
A lunch of Froot Loops....every shelf in your kitchen was full of Froot loops.
Kyle told us you never cook and have been stealin recipes and pics for WFD for years.....SUCKAS !!!!!!

We then went out to play 2on2 in the yard and I dunked the boys 3 times, white chicks can jump !!

Best part of our NOLA trip was the frat party we hit at LSU, our boys can party Kat.

I just hope the vision of my boy and the beer bong stays in my dreams and never becomes a reality.

Im " out " for now, have a good day lassies.
This reminds me you were all in my dream last night. Along with a Christian Grey lookalike Don't judge me

I'll try to be back later
Old 06-06-2012, 03:41 PM   #259
FormrCastMbr
DIS Veteran

IN, love the dreams!!!!

Janice, It must've been the talk on Jen's status yesterday. OMG! I cannot believe the book (I am almost done with the first). My neighbor and I were talking about who is going to play him in the movie and such. I know he's not an actor but I keep thinking of Prince Harry. Is that bad? There is something about him. Oy!

All good here. Tom is coming home tonight. He was in DC. He always stops at Arlington since his Dad is buried there. He said there was a lot going on there today with DDay and burials.

Andrew finished up school and is going to go to the gym with me so that should keep me on track. Thomas is also going to camp there during the summer. 4 days a week for 2 hours so that is more incentive.

Dinner will be beef enchiladas. I made the filling with sauce, cream cheese, cheddar and onions and it tastes so good! Cant wait for dinner!

Diet is going good. I am using my fitness pal . com. Is it bad that I save calories for cocktails?

Got my car serviced today. My rotors are starting to go. They said its because of how I drive. WTH? Oh well, gotta figure out what the heck I am doing wrong so I dont have to fork up the money to get them fixed.

OK I am babbling!

Have a great night. xx

OUT
FormrCastMbr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2012, 05:16 PM   #260
Nancyg56
DIS Veteran

Ellen- I knew you would understand! My Erica is very easy-going. My Dan is as well..........up to a point. Well Dan is furious that she would even say that they were not "meme's grandchildren" but Erica had never in ten years seen that side of him. He just said "Okay." and walked away so she thought that he thought she was overreacting........(she did the worst thing my DDIL could think of and resigned from the games they play ) but when Marisa told me I thought "oh oh." Dan is like Buddy, if he stops talking it is not a good sign. Erica told me today he finally told her how furious he is and she was I think that she should just have told me she regretted what she waid but she did not and does not.

VIckie and Janice Sweet Dreams???????????? or not.....................Hmmmmmm
Nancyg56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2012, 09:46 AM   #261
EJ4Disney
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nancyg56 View Post
Ellen- I knew you would understand! My Erica is very easy-going. My Dan is as well..........up to a point. Well Dan is furious that she would even say that they were not "meme's grandchildren" but Erica had never in ten years seen that side of him. He just said "Okay." and walked away so she thought that he thought she was overreacting........(she did the worst thing my DDIL could think of and resigned from the games they play ) but when Marisa told me I thought "oh oh." Dan is like Buddy, if he stops talking it is not a good sign. Erica told me today he finally told her how furious he is and she was I think that she should just have told me she regretted what she waid but she did not and does not.

VIckie and Janice Sweet Dreams???????????? or not.....................Hmmmmmm
U BET I understand!! That is just so wrong on all accounts. I also understand wishing you hadn't said something. Sometimes I don't tell Doug because I know what he would do. If you think I am protective - Doug is lethal. You just don't DON'T mess with family. Your SIL was wrong and I am so proud of you for being done. I don't say that lightly, but there comes a time that you just have to be finished or the hurt, pain, and anger will do you in. And that is not good!! Call if/when you want to vent. I really do understand!!

Vicki & Janice ~ Man oh man I would give anything to have dreams like the 2 of you.

Lauren ~ Bless Tom's heart. I bet it was hard in Arlington yesterday. He is a good son for stopping.

I hope Andrew enjoyed the gym and Thomas has fun at camp. That is so neat that they have that for the little ones. I have always said that our Fitness Center would get more involved if there was care for the little ones. I know that is what holds Elizabeth back. She would love to do more of the classes but there is no daycare.

I loved water aerobics last night, but wow I hurt this morning. It was harder than I thought it would be. I even worked up a sweat. But it was a nice night out and we got to swim a bit when we were finished so it was nice. The water really helps with the pounding of the bones. Know what I mean?

Out for now!!

Ellen
Old 06-07-2012, 02:00 PM   #262
TigerKat
HOPE YOUR DAY IS FILLED WITH JOY AND HAPPINESS !!
Blow some of that cool air down here
Warning! Getting a tag is hazardous to my mouse

I’ve missed a ton here, have to go back and catch up. Been in a funk this week and very busy.

Glynis – I’m so sorry to hear your little one had food poisoning, poor guy. I’ve had it twice in my life and it’s awful.

Lauri – Congrats to Brandon on the job!

Lauren – Glad to hear T is loving his swing set!

Julie – Glad to hear your trip was a good one!

Ellen – Don’t be silly, you’re a great friend!

Nan – I don’t blame you one bit for walking away. That would have been the last straw for me!

Vickie – You made my week, I haven’t laughed this hard in a long time!!!! I had all of y’all fooled with my recipes and cooking, huh?? Fortunately you have a while before the beer pong days!

Hope to be back later...
Old 06-08-2012, 09:56 AM   #263
Glynis
Taking applications for a WDW tour guide!

Morning, all. Sorry I dropped away for a while. Alan took the week off work, so we've been doing projects around the house in the morning, and then fun stuff in the afternoon. However, having him home really eats into my free time!

Things here are doing ok. I just got Katie off to her first church camp of the summer. It's only an overnighter, so she'll be back tomorrow night. However, I'm looking forward to a rest from all the drama she creates.

Jacob is my sweetheart! He's getting ready to start band camp on Monday. He's going to start learning the trumpet, and he's so excited. I hope my ears are up to it!

Leslie and Mary are just the same. Excited that school is out, and full of plans for us all summer long. Don't know how many we'll get to, but the plans are done!

Timmy has come down with some kind of upper respiratory thing. He's coughing like a maniac! He can't take cough medicine, as it makes him throw up, so I'm slathering him with vaporub hoping it will help. It seems to, for a while. Depending on how things go today, a trip to the doctor for a shot may be in order. We'll see.

Alan also has the upper respiratory thing. He's on an antibiotic for it, though. Hopefully it will clear up before he has to leave for London on July 15. Cross your fingers.

As for the job/house... things are kind of in limbo. When they first approached Alan, his bosses were all for getting him moved quickly. However, it looks like things have slowed down, somewhat. Alan sees that as a positive sign. There were several other photographers that interviewed for the job, that would have been able to make the move immediately, while Alan would need to wait until the end of the year, at the earliest. He thinks that the fact that they are stalling on making the decision means they can wait for a full time photographer until December. We're crossing our fingers! Several things have happened in our neighborhood that have really made it clear that we need to move... FAST! So, keep the good thoughts and prayers coming!

Dinner tonight will be coconut chicken with jasmine rice and a sweet and sour sauce.

2014 Reading Challenge Goal: 70 books

The Art of Racing in the Rain ~ The House of Hades ~ How To Be Like Walt ~ Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows ~ The Seven Mouths of God ~ Behind the Beautiful Forevers ~ The Mysterious Affair at Styles ~ The Big 5-Oh ~ A Year in the Life of William Shakespeare ~ Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children ~ Wait Till Next Year ~ While We Were Watching Downton Abbey ~ Great Expectations ~ The Maze Runner ~ The Fault In Our Stars ~ The Juliet Club ~ The Girls' Guide to Love and Supper Clubs ~ The Power of One ~ The Supremes at Earl's All-You-Can-Eat ~ Hollow City ~ The Fountainhead ~ Cat's Cradle ~ Speaking From Among The Bones ~ Death Comes to Pemberley ~ Quilt or Innocence ~ The Chocolate Thief ~ On Strike for Christmas ~ Bikini Season ~ Mrs. Lincoln's Dressmaker ~ Miss Dreamsville and the Collier County Women's Literary Society ~ Cinnamon Roll Murder ~ Red Velvet Cupcake Murder ~ Blackberry Pie Murder ~ Home To Holly Springs ~ In The Company of Others ~ The Devil in the White City ~ Gathering Blue ~ Messenger ~ The Bell Jar ~ The Boys in the Boat ~ The Dead in Their Vaulted Arches ~ Son ~ Beach Colors ~ Welcome to Last Chance ~ Last Chance Beauty Queen ~ Last Chance Knit and Stitch ~ The World According to Garp ~ The Bean Trees ~ I'll Be Seeing You
Glynis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2012, 01:47 PM   #264
EJ4Disney
DIS Veteran

Hi girlies, I am in for a bit..............

Kat ~ Good to see you my friend. Hugs that you find a happy place soon.

Glynis ~ Prayers for an easy move and decision. Sounds like the kiddos have the summer planned. Hope Timmy and Alan feel better soon. Take care my friend.

Thank goodness it is Friday, and even though I only worked 4 days this week it has been long. Pastor Tess is at Annual Conference so the office has been SO quiet and slow.

I have the boys tomorrow as Jay and Elizabeth are going to a wedding. I want to take them swimming for a bit. I am really looking forward to my time with them tomorrow.

Have a great weekend everyone...............I am out!!

Ellen
Old 06-09-2012, 09:07 PM   #265
Goofyluver
Knock Knock
edited to make myself look better!rrrrrrrooooooowwwwwwwrrrrr
...pssst pssst...
toilet paper is dangerous

Quick "in"...

Have I been here since I finished work on Monday?

Things have been SO busy here that I don't even know. I've been trying to read back and catch up!

I have to go back in to work this week for a 2-day workshop, and we have lots of other things planned this week, so this may be the last time I'm in until NEXT week.

Monday is J's birthday. He's turning 16!

Today is UncleR and my 1 year wedding anniversary. We're celebrating tomorrow with some alone time!

Then the rest of the week is booked!

to you all! Miss everyone!
And when we find ourselves in the place just right,
It will be in the valley of love and delight.
Goofyluver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2012, 03:00 PM   #266
Glynis

Jen - It's nice to see you again, around here! I understand how hectic the last few days of school are, and then to be sick on top of that... Wow! Happy anniversary to you and UncleR!!! Hope you are enjoying your alone time!

I just have to say that I tried the sweet and sour macaroni salad that you and Kat recommended. Holy Yum! That stuff is amazing! I took it to a family gathering this afternoon, and it was gone within minutes! Many people wanted the recipe, but I'm thinking I may hoard this one for a while... I enjoyed the praise!

Lazy day for me, today! Katie is doing her laundry and getting ready to go to another church camp, so I don't really have to do anything for a while! I'll check her packing in a bit, but right now, I'm just resting!

Later, we'll have hamburgers, potato salad and key lime magic cookie bars for dessert while we watch "The Karate Kid."

The Art of Racing in the Rain ~ The House of Hades ~ How To Be Like Walt ~ Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows ~ The Seven Mouths of God ~ Behind the Beautiful Forevers ~ The Mysterious Affair at Styles ~ The Big 5-Oh ~ A Year in the Life of William Shakespeare ~ Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children ~ Wait Till Next Year ~ While We Were Watching Downton Abbey ~ Great Expectations ~ The Maze Runner ~ The Fault In Our Stars ~ The Juliet Club ~ The Girls' Guide to Love and Supper Clubs ~ The Power of One ~ The Supremes at Earl's All-You-Can-Eat ~ Hollow City ~ The Fountainhead ~ Cat's Cradle ~ Speaking From Among The Bones ~ Death Comes to Pemberley ~ Quilt or Innocence ~ The Chocolate Thief ~ On Strike for Christmas ~ Bikini Season ~ Mrs. Lincoln's Dressmaker ~ Miss Dreamsville and the Collier County Women's Literary Society ~ Cinnamon Roll Murder ~ Red Velvet Cupcake Murder ~ Blackberry Pie Murder ~ Home To Holly Springs ~ In The Company of Others ~ The Devil in the White City ~ Gathering Blue ~ Messenger ~ The Bell Jar ~ The Boys in the Boat ~ The Dead in Their Vaulted Arches ~ Son ~ Beach Colors ~ Welcome to Last Chance ~ Last Chance Beauty Queen ~ Last Chance Knit and Stitch ~ The World According to Garp ~ The Bean Trees ~ I'll Be Seeing You
Old 06-11-2012, 10:06 AM   #267
EJ4Disney
DIS Veteran

Hi gals,

Jen ~ Happy Anniversary and Happy Birthday to J. Sure hope you are feeling better.

Glynis ~ I am sure glad you are enjoying your "quiet" time. Lady, you don't get that luxury very often. ENJOY!!!

I can't believe the weekend is over already and that I am back at work. The other day Doug and I were talking and we have decided that we are busier now than we were when our kids were younger. Good grief. We should be slowing down............NOT!! Oh well keeps us young.

Make it a great day and I will be back in tomorrow.

Ellen
Old 06-14-2012, 11:48 AM   #268
EJ4Disney
DIS Veteran

WOW, where is everybody?

I have had a busy week.......payroll and bills to pay. I usually am swamped for those 2 days. So I have been absent myself.

We have been going to our States "Biggest" Rodeo - NebraskaLand Days. We went last night and will go again tonight, Friday and Saturday. We look forward to this all year. Actually there are activities all day for 2 weeks, with a HUGE parade on Saturday and will continue through next Saturday with the Toby Keith concert. North Platte is about 45 minutes East of us. We are having a great time. But it is suppose to really storm tonight. Doug will NOT wear his Mickey poncho, so he just might just get wet. Bahahahahahha!!!

Make it a great day!!

Ellen

Last edited by EJ4Disney; 06-14-2012 at 02:45 PM.
Old 06-14-2012, 01:32 PM   #269
Glynis

I'm here, just nothing new to report. We are well into our summer routine, so things are fine!

I'm trying to stock my freezer with meals for the kids while Alan and I are in London. Anyone got any kid-approved recipes for casseroles or dinners that will freeze well? Got my big freezer all defrosted last week, and now I need to get it stocked up! Thanks!

Old 06-14-2012, 02:33 PM   #270
Nancyg56
DIS Veteran

Hi everyone! I have not been here for a day or so and feel lost. Everything is about the same here but for some reason I am feeling frazzled. I think it is because I have not managed my time well and my house is really topsy-turvey.I have more "stuff" than Marisa and her house is always looking so put together. If I do not put everything away every day it looked like a heap. Today I bit the bullet and cleaned. I used to do this every day but since I am not working much I tend to do less and seem so much busier. I was told it is the DIS but I don't buy that. It is all Buddy's fault. That's my story and I am sticking to it

BBL!!!!!!!!!!!!
Nancyg56 is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: