Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-23-2012, 01:38 PM   #211
Nancyg56
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by EJ4Disney View Post
In really quick....I am swamped at work. But I have missed you all so I needed to pop in and say hi.

Hopefully I can play later in the week. Hugs, prayers and good thoughts are with you all.
I am so glad you stopped in. Now I know you are okay!
Nancyg56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2012, 02:14 PM   #212
TigerKat
HOPE YOUR DAY IS FILLED WITH JOY AND HAPPINESS !!
Blow some of that cool air down here
Warning! Getting a tag is hazardous to my mouse

Glad to hear that Ellen is ok!

Where is everyone? Hopefully y'all are just busy.

I hate to keep bringing bad news, it's just that's all we are having lately. Just found out that the night of the accident that Kyle's friend was involved in which left two people dead, another accident occurred in which a friend of Kyle's from grammar school was killed. SO sad.

Can y'all believe my baby will be 22 soon?

We're having breakfast for dinner tonight. Out for now.....
Register to remove

Old 05-23-2012, 02:50 PM   #213
LBKB
DIS Veteran

Kat- that is sad prayers continue for all of them P.S. I made that salad it was so good just didnt last long here.

Ellen- glad your ok

Lauren I hope your feet are doing ok.

Well both my boys are done with school. woohoo. I've been staying busy getting stronger and have ok to "High hoe High hoe it's of to work I go" cant be any happier. Planning a graduation party next week so some extra work there but we'll manage to all
LBKB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2012, 03:07 PM   #214
TigerKat

Quote:
Originally Posted by LBKB View Post
Kat- that is sad prayers continue for all of them P.S. I made that salad it was so good just didnt last long here.

Ellen- glad your ok

Lauren I hope your feet are doing ok.

Well both my boys are done with school. woohoo. I've been staying busy getting stronger and have ok to "High hoe High hoe it's of to work I go" cant be any happier. Planning a graduation party next week so some extra work there but we'll manage to all
Isn't that salad great? Glad you got the "ok" to get back to work. Congrats to both boys!
Old 05-23-2012, 03:41 PM   #215
Nancyg56
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerKat View Post
I hate to keep bringing bad news, it's just that's all we are having lately. Just found out that the night of the accident that Kyle's friend was involved in which left two people dead, another accident occurred in which a friend of Kyle's from grammar school was killed. SO sad.

Can y'all believe my baby will be 22 soon?
Oh Kat, that is so sad. How is Kyle doing with all this grief? 22 is still young to absorb the loss.

I have been kind of busy but honestly I think unfocused as well. I have been trying to get my seasonal housework done so that I can have a nice summer with Kady and Marisa.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LBKB View Post
COngrats to the boys! I hope that you are High hoeing carefully!

Quote:
Lauren, be warned, it's addicting...

Sweet & Sour Macaroni Salad

I am definitely going to make this over the weekend. Carb control can begin again on Tuesday

Girls, I have been looking for something fun to do with Kady when she gets out of school. I don't like driving too far by myself especially if I am going to be driving at night so some of my little jaunts were scrapped. I just wanted an overnight because it is only the two of us this time.

You have heard of the CT wine trails????? We have lots of them and I have been dying to follow one...........but I cannot do this with a 10 YO so I found out we have Ice Cream Trails
You heard me right, Sundae Drives!!!!!!!!! So I am going to head towards Mystic with her and hit a few down in that area. There is one right on the bridge we may go to, I don't remember the ice cream being awesome but the location is. We can go to at least 4 in the two days. I want to take her to shops that make their own ice cream.
Old 05-23-2012, 05:05 PM   #216
TigerKat

Nan, Kyle is doing ok. I thank God every day for his love of baseball. The day after the season ended he was working out with the pitching coach and has worked out or pitched every day since. I'm sure that is his "outlet" for venting. His summer job will be working with and coaching kids at a brand new baseball facility opening up June 1.

Ice cream trails, Sundae drives...
Old 05-23-2012, 06:18 PM   #217
Nancyg56
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Nan, Kyle is doing ok. I thank God every day for his love of baseball. The day after the season ended he was working out with the pitching coach and has worked out or pitched every day since. I'm sure that is his "outlet" for venting. His summer job will be working with and coaching kids at a brand new baseball facility opening up June 1.
He will be a great coach. I remember when he was helping the younger kids and he was a natural! Debbie played ball for several years after she got out of school and I believe it was her therapy so I can see that Kyle would work it out while he was tossing that ball!
Old 05-24-2012, 07:28 AM   #218
HERSEY
DIS Veteran

A quick in for me. More later

Nan My Dad used to take us on ice cream trails He knew all the best places. Thanks for the memory

Kat I am sorry to hear about the losses it is a hard lesson of hard life can be. In my senior year of high school we had a really bad car accident that took some friend and forever changed other friends lives. It involved both drug and alcohol, never a good combo

Lori Glad you are doing well. Next year I get to throw a grad party for Mr A

Out for now
Old 05-24-2012, 08:01 AM   #219
Glynis
Taking applications for a WDW tour guide!

Morning, everyone! I'm back at home, now. Sorry I kind of dropped off the internet! We went down to southern Utah to the "sweet spot" for the eclipse, last weekend. Alan was filming for the television station. The kids and I stayed with my dad, and watched from his driveway. I shared a link on FB to a picture that Alan put together. It was pretty incredible.

On Monday, the plan was to come home so I could help out with the kids and then go back down Tuesday night to be there for my dad's second angiogram on Wednesday morning. However, Alan found out that the reporter that he was with on the eclipse story needed a ride back to Salt Lake City. The only way that would happen would be if I stayed behind. So, I got a 2 day vacation away from my kids!!! It was so nice. Dad and I visited, and relaxed and got him ready for Wednesday.

The angiogram was yesterday morning, and we were all a bit nervous. However, the results showed that the blockage that had been there last month has actually reduced by about 20 percent! At that point, they "stressed" the heart muscle to see how it handled it, and dad's numbers were so good they decided it would be worse to try and place a second stent than to leave it alone. So, they sent him home and told him to continue doing what he has been doing this last month. Good news! I caught a ride home with my sister yesterday afternoon, and was back with my babies for dinner!

I did get a call from my brother, telling me that dad had some bleeding from his incision in the femoral artery. They had a nurse come check it out and she "sandbagged" it and told my brother to watch it during the night. I haven't heard, yet, but I'm hoping he's ok this morning.

No idea on dinner, yet. Got to look through the pantry/fridge/freezer and see what there is. I'm thinking a trip to the store is going to be in order.

I'm out for now, but I'll be back!

2014 Reading Challenge Goal: 70 books

The Art of Racing in the Rain ~ The House of Hades ~ How To Be Like Walt ~ Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows ~ The Seven Mouths of God ~ Behind the Beautiful Forevers ~ The Mysterious Affair at Styles ~ The Big 5-Oh ~ A Year in the Life of William Shakespeare ~ Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children ~ Wait Till Next Year ~ While We Were Watching Downton Abbey ~ Great Expectations ~ The Maze Runner ~ The Fault In Our Stars ~ The Juliet Club ~ The Girls' Guide to Love and Supper Clubs ~ The Power of One ~ The Supremes at Earl's All-You-Can-Eat ~ Hollow City ~ The Fountainhead ~ Cat's Cradle ~ Speaking From Among The Bones ~ Death Comes to Pemberley ~ Quilt or Innocence ~ The Chocolate Thief ~ On Strike for Christmas ~ Bikini Season ~ Mrs. Lincoln's Dressmaker ~ Miss Dreamsville and the Collier County Women's Literary Society ~ Cinnamon Roll Murder ~ Red Velvet Cupcake Murder ~ Blackberry Pie Murder ~ Home To Holly Springs ~ In The Company of Others ~ The Devil in the White City ~ Gathering Blue ~ Messenger ~ The Bell Jar ~ The Boys in the Boat ~ The Dead in Their Vaulted Arches ~ Son ~ Beach Colors ~ Welcome to Last Chance ~ Last Chance Beauty Queen ~ Last Chance Knit and Stitch
Glynis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2012, 02:53 PM   #220
FormrCastMbr
DIS Veteran

Hi All! Sorry I havent popped in. We are off to baseball in a few so I have to make it quick.

Lauri, Glad you got the OK to get back to work. Yay for your boys being out of school.

Kat, I am very sorry for all the bad news your getting and hope Kyle is OK. tom's best friend and another friend died in a car/train accident days before they were to go away to college. It is a rough thing to go through.

Nancy, I think i may have had ice cream at the place by the bridge. Tom and I stayed at the Steamboat Inn right off of that bridge in Mystic. You are going to have fun.

glynis, That pic that Alan put together was awesome!!!! glad your Dad is doing good.

Kat, Thanks for the recipe. I am going to make it over the weekend when we have friends over.

Tom is coming home later from Canada. He drove with a bunch of people from work. Boy, what a right that must have been...I hope he brought ketchup home. We live in the homeland of Heinz but the Heinz is SO much better in Canada. Wierd right?

have a good night xo

ETA: Darn, he didnt bring ketchup! Too rushed...
FormrCastMbr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2012, 08:20 AM   #221
Goofyluver
Knock Knock
edited to make myself look better!rrrrrrrooooooowwwwwwwrrrrr
...pssst pssst...
toilet paper is dangerous

Emerging from a hellish week to stop in and give to those that need it. And send thoughts to those that need those.

And to say, I have one more week of work. Then, I can live again.

Miss y'all!
And when we find ourselves in the place just right,
It will be in the valley of love and delight.
Goofyluver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2012, 02:15 PM   #222
bigmerle1966
Photobucket
OH MY STARS!

In...

....out!

I really need the little running guy with his hair on fire today!
POR/AKL 12/02 POR(overnight stay)11/04 POR 6/21-6/29/05 POP 12/10-12/18/05 OKW 6/16-6/22/06 BWI 12/06 POP 9/7-9/10/06 OKW- Girls week May 07 POLY 7/5 to 7/9/07 POP 9/1 to 9/9/07 POP 11/1-11/6/07 POP 12/19 to 12/26/08 For Noah For delswife. LYMI
........... Oh Chachi!..... Bird Flu Hits Trailer Park- News at 11 Duchess Ohmystars of Rearkickerstown
bigmerle1966 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2012, 07:06 PM   #223
shovan
DIS Veteran

Hey y'all!

I've been missing my girlfriends sooo much!! Feel lost without y'all!

Jude just keeps me so busy. Also will NOT allow me to pick up any electronic device with lights or buttons! By the time his Mom picks him up, I'm exhausted, still needing to clean, do laundry & cook. Not regretting watching him, just tired!

Starting tuesday, Miss A will be here everyday. I'm so happy to see her more often!! I'm sure she will be a big help with the little man too.

I'm a bit worried about keeping her busy & happy and trying to keep the boy safe at the same time. (ha! feel like that's mostly what I do with him is just trying to keep him from killing himself! ) I've never cared for 2 children with so many years between the 2.

Glynis, I've been praying for your Dad & will continue to do so.

Lauren, Very sad to hear about your feet. I have chronic PF & it's miserable.

Laurie, So glad to hear that you are doing well!! Great news!

Kat, I'm Sad that Kyle is dealing with so much sadness. It's good that he will continue to be busy with something he loves.

I'm worrying about my little boy & his parents this evening. They are on the beach in FL. just south of where Beryl will be coming in. Sure they will be fine, it's not a big storm, but they are supposed to fly home tomorrow.

Miss all of you much & will try even harder to get here!

shovan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2012, 08:18 PM   #224
Nancyg56
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by HERSEY View Post
Nan My Dad used to take us on ice cream trails He knew all the best places. Thanks for the memory
You made my day Janice! I never had much time with my Memere and my Grandma dies before I was born so it is very important for me to make memories with and for Kady.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glynis View Post

On Monday, the plan was to come home so I could help out with the kids and then go back down Tuesday night to be there for my dad's second angiogram on Wednesday morning.

I did get a call from my brother, telling me that dad had some bleeding from his incision in the femoral artery. They had a nurse come check it out and she "sandbagged" it and told my brother to watch it during the night. I haven't heard, yet, but I'm hoping he's ok this morning.
I have to head over to FB to check that out! I am so glad your Dad did well and am waiting for more good news that he is okay. It must be so hard to have that distance between you when he is ill but thank God you all manage to care for him!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goofyluver View Post
Emerging from a hellish week to stop in and give to those that need it. And send thoughts to those that need those.
I have been thinking about you and hoping you were still in one piece!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigmerle1966 View Post
In...

....out!

I really need the little running guy with his hair on fire today!
This is normal for you! Busy Lady!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by shovan View Post
Hey y'all!

I've been missing my girlfriends sooo much!! Feel lost without y'all!

Jude just keeps me so busy. Also will NOT allow me to pick up any electronic device with lights or buttons! By the time his Mom picks him up, I'm exhausted, still needing to clean, do laundry & cook. Not regretting watching him, just tired!

Starting tuesday, Miss A will be here everyday. I'm so happy to see her more often!! I'm sure she will be a big help with the little man too.

I'm a bit worried about keeping her busy & happy and trying to keep the boy safe at the same time.
I don't know how you are doing it.I was falling apart chasing Rylee. It took me two whole weeks to reclaim my house. I never got the house clean and goodness know I was not cooking much! I can tell you that when Kady was here life was much easier because I had another set of feet so I think that Alexis will be a huge help.

We had out little cook out today and it was fun. Nola and Rylee came down and Holy Canoli!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Two little firecrackers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am going to the cemetery with my brother and DSIL and my sister tomorrow. No cooking for me, we have a lot of leftovers here!
Old 05-28-2012, 10:05 AM   #225
TigerKat

Doesn’t look like our thread here is going to last.

Glynis – I’m glad to hear your Dad is doing well!

Lauren – Did you try the pasta salad? The pics of the crawfish boil were great, looked like a great time!

Jen – I miss you!!!!!

Sheryl – SO happy to “see you” back here. Hopefully Alexis will be a big help to you. Hugs my friend. I'm still praying the kids get home safely today!

Nan – Same here today, no cooking! Yesterday we grilled chicken & ribs and I made a black-eyed pea jambalaya and potato salad.

I'm going to have a relaxing day at home alone today! Going to the gym in a bit then chilling out the rest of the day.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: