Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-17-2012, 01:05 PM   #196
EJ4Disney
DIS Veteran

Good afternoon all,

Marisa ~ My thoughts and prayers have sure been with Yoda. I am SO glad to hear he is home and all is well. Thank the Lord!!

Kat ~ Oh you poor thing - I hope your back feels better fast.
What a tragedy. My prayers are with all involved.

Nan ~ Enjoy the Science Fair and that beautiful weather.

Well Matthew called after the interview and he thinks it went really well. There is only one other person (a woman) who interviewed for the position. It was posted only internally. The other one has WAY MORE experience, but they interviewed Matthew first and then her. But the real kicker in all of this is Matthew would really like to have the job she has now. So in the long run it might just work out that she get this job and Matthew can have hers. They are letting them know next week, so we shall have to wait and see. The people who he interviewed with started out by saying that they have heard nothing but good things about him. So that was reassuring. Thanks so much for the thoughts and prayers. I will let you know, when I know.

Make it a great day my friends.

Ellen
EJ4Disney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2012, 04:43 PM   #197
scotlass
Proud Redhead
Lang may yer lum reek!
Ma heid's mince

Quote:
Originally Posted by EJ4Disney View Post

Vic ~ ok inquiring minds need to know - Who won the game yesterday?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerKat View Post
Vickie – You couldn’t be a bad Mommy if you tried. So, who won?????

…..
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nancyg56 View Post
You are a wonderful Mammy! Winning is not all about who is first so it seems to me that both teams will have a big win if C's team gets the better score!

C's team won, and he scored !!!!

The boy was disappointed to lose but the first thing he said to me after the game ,with tears in his eyes, was " did you see C's face when he scored, he was so happy "

So yes Nan, everyone was a winner.
C was very tired after and missed school the next day but he will be livin off that high for weeks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EJ4Disney View Post
. But the real kicker in all of this is Matthew would really like to have the job she has now. So in the long run it might just work out that she get this job and Matthew can have hers.
Sounds like it is meant to be, fingers crossed he gets/doesnt get the job !!

Kat - that is awful for Kyle's friend,prayers for everyone effected.
Hows your back ?

The boys show is on Saturday, to say I am excited is an understatement.
The boy on the other hand is his usual laid back self.

I have had terrible head aches this week, I hope they pass and Im ok for Saturday....I will be there anyways but Hip Hop and migraines is not a gid mix.

Have a good night lassies....and out.

LETS ALL DO THE BROONY \0/
scotlass is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-17-2012, 10:12 PM   #198
FormrCastMbr
DIS Veteran

Quick in...

Hi everybody! We have a busy baseball week. A's team is not doing so well and he is in a funk. He is playing first for the first time in years and I must say he is doing pretty well.

Tom was off today and I worked him like a dog! We bought some patio stuff so he had to pick it up and assemble.

I went to an orthopedic doctor today. I have had severe pain in my foot and have not been able to run or workout lately. Good news is it is plantar faciitis and should be good to get back on track in about 3 weeks. I have to wear a brace at night and get some orthodics. I can still do the marathon!!!

Kat, I hope you're feeling better. So sad about the accident. I am going away in the summer. I will PM the dates. I hate to give TMI on the internet since there are some sickos out there.

Marisa, I hope Yoda is feeling 100% soon.

Ellen, Good news for Matthew!

Vickie, So happy for C!!! I see the Boy has an exciting weekend coming up. I wish I was there to see him in person but I do hope you take some video for us to see.

Janice, What an exciting time for A! I pray he gets through all these tests with flying colors so that will be another thing not to worry about. My mind is going...does he graduate this year or next?

I know I missed a lot. I will try to catch up tomorrow...gotta go and try and figure out how to put this stupid brace on. they showed me how to do it but there is a part where I have to strap it on my toe and velco it to the top of my foot and its a bit confusing. I hope it helps since first thing in the AM is when I have the most pain. Its hard to even walk down the stairs (plus I have to carry Riley at the same time since he can go upstairs but not down...lol...my chubby little furbaby!).

OK done babbling!

OUT!
FormrCastMbr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2012, 04:31 AM   #199
Nancyg56
DIS Veteran

Vickie- I am so proud of your Boy!!!!!!!!!!!! He is really a wonderful kid. I got the chills just thinking about C and how happy he was to be part of that win!!!!!!!!

I saw that this weekend is the big one for the Boy and cannot wait for pics!

Lauren- plantar faciitis is painful so please take it easy!!!!!!!!!!!!

Kady's fair was so much fun! We did not eat until 8:30 but I would not have missed it!

Last edited by Nancyg56; 05-18-2012 at 04:41 AM.
Nancyg56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2012, 06:22 PM   #200
HERSEY
DIS Veteran

Thanks all for the well wishes for Mr A. He will be a senior next yr. Time has flown I can remember his first day of school like it was yesterday. Wasn't it

This has been such a busy week. The village is redoing our sidewalks and aprons to the driveways. My side of the street starts on Monday. So we have been doing everything that requires the driveway. I think we are set on food for the animals, soda and groceries. Tomorrow I will run to the nursery and start on the garden.

Tonight is pizza I wanted something easy. Boy I am exhausted.

Next week I hope to get caught up
Old 05-18-2012, 07:15 PM   #201
Goofyluver
Knock Knock
edited to make myself look better!rrrrrrrooooooowwwwwwwrrrrr
...pssst pssst...
toilet paper is dangerous

Hello lovelies.

I have not had time to do anything but read here occasionally.

2 weeks from today is the last day of school. That equals out to 8 more work days.

This next week we have Speech parties for all of the kids in speech in the district. I head the committee so I have to attend all of the parties in the district. That means, I have no life at all until this year is over.

So, forgive me for not responding individually. Just know I'm reading and thinking of you all. Miss ya'!

And when we find ourselves in the place just right,
It will be in the valley of love and delight.
Goofyluver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2012, 10:48 AM   #202
scotlass
Proud Redhead
Lang may yer lum reek!
Ma heid's mince

Quote:
Originally Posted by FormrCastMbr View Post

I went to an orthopedic doctor today. I have had severe pain in my foot and have not been able to run or workout lately.
I can still do the marathon!!!

!
Sorry about yer foot Lauren but glad you can still do the Marathon. My friend is training for the Edinburgh one has hurt her foot too. She got up too 20mile 3 weeks ago but her foot hurt since. The physio has given her straps and exercisers but he doubts she will finish. She is very determined tho because she is raising funds for Parkinsons,her mum suffers from this horrible disease.

OK, so, the boys show.....OMG !!
Their show has absolutely wonderful, or at least I think it was.
I know I was blown away at the time but I have no recollection of anything,I was sooooo nervous.
I took my video but I could not even work out how to open the shutter,my mind just went.
The boy, not so much.
He took it all in his stride and had a blast.

I know I am biased but he stole the show, the reaction of the crowd ( especially the young girls ) was unbelievable.

There is footage somewhere so when I get it I will post on FB.

Hope youse all have a great day....and out.

LETS ALL DO THE BROONY \0/
scotlass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2012, 12:06 PM   #203
Nancyg56
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by HERSEY View Post
Thanks all for the well wishes for Mr A. He will be a senior next yr. Time has flown I can remember his first day of school like it was yesterday. Wasn't it
If goes by much too fast This year will fly for the two of you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goofyluver View Post
This next week we have Speech parties for all of the kids in speech in the district. I head the committee so I have to attend all of the parties in the district. That means, I have no life at all until this year is over.

So, forgive me for not responding individually. Just know I'm reading and thinking of you all. Miss ya'!

Come back in when things settle down!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by scotlass View Post

I know I am biased but he stole the show, the reaction of the crowd ( especially the young girls ) was unbelievable.
Maybe a little biased but the crowd is not so For the Boy!!!

We had a busy few weekends and this one is a little better. Last night we had a benefit for the friend of Bud's who passed away last year. It was a huge success! The money is for a scholarship fund set up in his name. It was so nice to see all the people whose lives he touched come together for a great cause. Over 400 tix sold and I cannot even imagine how much money was raised on raffles!!!!!!!! Folks just kept buying strings and strings of them!!!!!!!!

Today Marisa, Kady adn I are going to see Mirror Mirror at teh discount theaters. I love it there......real butter on the popcorn
Nancyg56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2012, 05:33 PM   #204
TigerKat
HOPE YOUR DAY IS FILLED WITH JOY AND HAPPINESS !!
Blow some of that cool air down here
Warning! Getting a tag is hazardous to my mouse

Going to do my best to try and catch up here. Thanks for all the kind words and well wishes. My back is better, not 100%, but much better!

Marisa – Glad to hear Yoda is home and doing well.

Ellen – Sounds like either way Matthew is going to have a job that he wants, how awesome for him!

Vickie – Happy to hear C’s team won and I knew your boy would react the way he did. Having been in his company I know firsthand what a wonderful young man you have there...you & Colin have done good. CAN’T WAIT to see the footage from the show!!!!

Lauren – Glad to hear your foot issues will be a relatively easy fix!

Janice – I can’t believe A is going to be a senior.

Nan – I hope y’all enjoyed the movie, especially the real butter.

I did a lot of cooking this weekend…BBQ shrimp, sweet & sour pasta salad, roasted turkey breast, scallion sweet potatoes, cauliflower with garlic and pine nuts, baked mac & cheese, Emeril’s cranberry sauce and a spinach salad with a bacon vinaigrette.

Out for now......
Old 05-21-2012, 07:24 AM   #205
KadysMom
DIS Veteran

Good Monday Morning!!!

Its supposed to rain today so I am going to get my housework done. I spent the whole weekend having fun outside so my house is I need to do some grocery shopping but I have no idea what to make for dinner so I need to put my thinking cap on!!!

Have a great day everyone!
October 2007: Caribbean Beach
December 2008: Port Orleans French Quarter
KadysMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2012, 11:20 AM   #206
FormrCastMbr
DIS Veteran

Checking in to say hello! All is good here...busy weekend with baseball and some fun stuff thrown in.

Was thinking of my NOLA girls saturday when we went to lunch at a restaurant called NOLA on the Square in Pitts. It was really yummy...and top top it off I got a good cup of coffee with a chickory blend!

I took my first Zumba class today with some neighbors. I loved it! My feet hurt a bit but once I got going they were ok. I tried to take it a bit easy on them.

Kat, can I have the recipe for the sweet and sour salad? Thanks!

Dinner tonight is grilled chicken tenderloins that are soaking on italian dressing. Not sure what else I am serving. Really have to clean out the pantry and freezer.

OK, off to do laundry, straighten up and do some things out side.

Love to all!

OUT
FormrCastMbr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2012, 11:43 AM   #207
HERSEY
DIS Veteran

A quick in and out for me

Has anyone read The Art of Racing in the Rain, The Night Circus or Before ever after?

What did you think?
Old 05-21-2012, 11:52 AM   #208
LBKB
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by FormrCastMbr View Post
Checking in to say hello! All is good here...busy weekend with baseball and some fun stuff thrown in.

Was thinking of my NOLA girls saturday when we went to lunch at a restaurant called NOLA on the Square in Pitts. It was really yummy...and top top it off I got a good cup of coffee with a chickory blend!

I took my first Zumba class today with some neighbors. I loved it! My feet hurt a bit but once I got going they were ok.

Love to all!

OUT
Lauren I'm glad your feet didnt hurt to bad. I totally understand zumba sounds fun but alittle to much jumping around for me. walking 2 miles a day is enough right now.
Those NOLA girls or should i say people cause we also enjoyed Bob & Johnny know how to show you a GREAT time dont they? Another one here who wants to go back lol
LBKB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2012, 03:49 PM   #209
TigerKat
HOPE YOUR DAY IS FILLED WITH JOY AND HAPPINESS !!
Blow some of that cool air down here
Warning! Getting a tag is hazardous to my mouse

Lauren, be warned, it's addicting...

Sweet & Sour Macaroni Salad

8 oz. package uncooked elbow macaroni
3 medium carrots, scraped and diced
2 stalks celery, diced
1 medium onion, chopped
1 large tomato, chopped
1/2 c. veg. oil (I use olive oil)
1/2 c. cider vinegar
1/3 c. sugar
1 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp. pepper

Cook macaroni, drain and rinse with cold water, drain again. Combine macaroni, carrots, celery, onion, cucumber and tomato. Combine remaining ingredients; mix well. Pour over macaroni mixture, toss gently. Cover and chill at least 4 hours.
Old 05-23-2012, 10:01 AM   #210
EJ4Disney
DIS Veteran

In really quick....I am swamped at work. But I have missed you all so I needed to pop in and say hi.

Hopefully I can play later in the week. Hugs, prayers and good thoughts are with you all.

Ellen
EJ4Disney is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: