Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-11-2012, 07:42 AM   #166
KadysMom
DIS Veteran

Morning Y'all!!

TGIF!!! Today Kady is going with Nan to the science center so I have to get some cleaning done. I seem to be overloaded with laundry all the time.

I hope Kadys braces are easy and not expensive I know her tops are great and hopefully they pull two bottom molars to make room. Her mouth is narrow and I dont know if an extender would work. I have no idea and maybe being naive when I think this isnt going to be too expensive... How much do braces cost????

Aimee: I think having a deadline for DH's job will make it easier.. Maybe thats just me but then there is no dilly dallying. You have to go make a decision and move on. Good thoughts are with you!!

Glynis: I am the queen of decluttering I cant handle clutter or anything. I am not the person you want when you are cleaning, because I throw everything out. When we cleaned out my grandmothers house last month, my aunt was mad at me because I threw everything in the dumpster because "someone could use that old candy dish" NOPE move on throw it out

Lauren: I dont like yard work so I live in a condo LOL But I have been spending my days working in the basement. I filed all my personal papers at work in my locked up filing cabinets. But now that I am home I have to come up with a new system. I bought a new filing cabinet and all the fun hanging folders and files. I have set it up and since I have OCD, I have over 65 different catagories I cant wait to see the pictures of the swingset!!

Jen: THREE MORE WEEKS!!!!

Have a great day everyone!
October 2007: Caribbean Beach
December 2008: Port Orleans French Quarter
KadysMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2012, 10:03 AM   #167
TigerKat
HOPE YOUR DAY IS FILLED WITH JOY AND HAPPINESS !!
Blow some of that cool air down here
Warning! Getting a tag is hazardous to my mouse

Lauren – I would love to have a “butcher”, then again, maybe not. I’d spend way too much, lol! When is your vacation?

Glynis – Glad to hear Dad is doing so well!!!

Vickie – My heart breaks for C. It’s so much to handle, I’m sure everyone is doing the best they can under the circumstances. Sending lots of love and prayers.

Jen – I hope y’all have a great weekend!

Trying to get to the gym while I can, we've got a lot of rain heading in for the weekend and it's knocking on our door right now!

Going out to our favorite Mexican place tonight.
Register to remove

Old 05-11-2012, 10:12 AM   #168
EJ4Disney
DIS Veteran

Good morning everyone,

I am finally all caught up at work. Sometimes I wonder if it is worth going on vacation with all of the work when I get back. But YES it is!!! I wasn't able to take vacation last year so this time away was awesome. I have 2 wonderful ladies that love to help in the office. I feel so blessed. Just having someone here to answer the phone and greet people is 50% of the job. The rest can wait till I get back. The time away really helped to get my perspective back and to remember why I love my job so much.

Now as far as the house......I hope to tackle that this weekend. Doug finally got the lawm mowed. Took him 3 days and 2 pickup loads of grass. I still need to weed the flower gardens and do some trimming. Thanks goodness this weekend we have nothing planned and no where to go except for Church on Sunday. Hopefully by Monday we will be back to square one.

This is the first time this week I have been able to be here, sorry. I have time today so I am going to go back and catch up. We'll talk soon.

Make it a great day my friends.

Ellen
EJ4Disney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2012, 02:17 PM   #169
EJ4Disney
DIS Veteran

Ok I am caught up with the 6 pages.

Kat ~ Oh sweetie, I so know how you feel. I think that is why the "empty nest" hit us so hard. We so enjoyed going to Matthew's things. I totally agree with Nan, I never did understand parents that were excited to see the kids out of the house. I so understand where you are coming from - call if you want to.

Nan ~ I am so sorry that Buddy is suffering so. Thank God he has you. My prayers are with you all. It is so hard to lose a loved one, no matter how much they were loved. A Mom is a Mom!
I have to agree with everyone else. I am glad you are slowing down a bit. And truly the girls will look forward to cominig to see Nana now, not come because the have to. Enjoy your time - put your feet up - you deserve it.

Sheryl ~ It is SOOOOOO good to "see" you. I have really missed you. I cannot believe that baby is a year old already. Oh my where has the time gone.
Please take care of you. I so hope this new procedure will work.

Vicki ~ FREDDIE!!! I have missed you.
My prayers are with you all and expecially C. What a strong little boy, but maybe some help will be good for him and all of you.
Congrats to the boy. I can't wait to hear how the show went.

Lauren ~ T's swingset sounds so neat. My kids only got the metal ones that I could get at Pennys. This one sounds so great.
I am glad A had a great time in DC. I was able to go with my kids when they went on their Senior Trip to DC (I was always asked (I think by the kids) to be a sponsor) and each time I had as much fun as the kids.
Love the marinades - thanks.

Aimee ~ I am so thrilled for you guys. This just sounds like a wonderful fit. Did you find a home this weekend? So exciting - I will be glad when it's over tho. I worry about you and your health.

Glynis ~ Yea for Dad!!! I am so glad he is feeling better. Nothing is more scary than seeing your parents having to slow down.
Good luck on the move. It sounds like it is moving along real fast. At least that doesn't give you any time to worry about it.

Marisa ~ My girls have tried to read the Gray books. Elizabeth got to Chapter 9 in 50 Shades of Gray and had to give up. Stephanie is reading it now. I don't know if I want to try it or not. Not really my cup of tea. But who knows I might try it. If I do, can you link it to my Kindle? That is a neat thing - had no idea you could actually do that.

*****I am reading a cute read now, "Snodgrass Vacation" by Dave Conifer. It is a spoff on WDW. I think anyone who loves Disney would love this book. It is funny to see the comparisons of the parks.

I sure have been thinking of Yoda a lot lately? Have you heard anything else? These fur babies are so precious to us. I hope something can be done.

Jen ~ I hope your are feeling better. Your wine walk sounds amazing. Doug and I went to a few wineries down in Branson. Oh it was so much fun to taste different wines.
School gets out here in Lexington on May 24th. Every day when Ethan gets in the car I get the count down. We are at 8 days left.

Janice ~ Matthew and Elizabeth (his Girlfriend) are talking about taking a trip to Chicago to watch the Cubs play. They have asked Doug and I to tag along. So if we do, I really hope we could meet up. I would love to meet you!!

Lauri ~ I hope you got your tickets straightned out. I was no help but I am sure they are still worth something and can be put towards your tickets now.

I think I am pretty much caught up with all of you now.

If I could ask for a few prayers I would really appreciate it -

Matthew has been offered a wonderful job opportunity. Well actually they have asked him to apply for it. It is in the Ag. Loan department. This would be a perfect fit for him and exactly what he wants and is going to school for. He will graduate in December with his banking degree but the job is open now. He applied and today it closes. So he should know something next week I would hope. Please keep your fingers crossed.

Jay and Elizabeth are trying to sell their house and move to Kearney (same town as Marty and Stephanie). They showed it on Monday and they have a couple really interested. They are looking at a few more and will make a decision on Monday. As much as I will miss them in the same town, this move would be wonderful for them as a family. Jay is an engineer for the Union Pacific railroad and has crazy hours. With this move he will have normal M-F/8-5 hours. So mcuh better with a young family.

Ok since I have now wrote a book I will sign out.

Ellen

Last edited by EJ4Disney; 05-11-2012 at 02:25 PM.
EJ4Disney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2012, 02:47 PM   #170
Aimeedyan
Why get all excited about something as silly as a fake celebrity? Or getting a tag?
Jello is not meant to be chunky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glynis View Post
Did I mention that Alan has been chosen to cover the eclipse on the 19th-20th? Apparently the one spot in the world where the eclipse will be best viewed is 10 miles from my dad's house. So, we're taking the kids and heading down for it. Should be really cool!!! I know Alan will take amazing video of things down there, so I'll post a link to his stuff when we get home. I'm hoping we'll know more about the move by then, so we can take some time to look at houses while we're down there.
I'm glad your dad is behaving himself!

That's so cool that you'll get to see the eclipse from such a great location! I'd love to see the video.

Crossing fingers that you'll know more about the move soon!

Quote:
Originally Posted by scotlass View Post
There is a group at the Edinburgh Kids Hospital.
C had never been keen to go and we never pushed it.
We took his lead but I think my sister is going to try and get him to go now.
Its been hard because we didnt want to make his illness a big deal altho it clearly is and he is clearly strugglin.
How stoopid huh, as the adults we should have known better.
Ok, Im strugglin to find the words to explain things, but you can be sure I/we will be doing everything to help him from now.
You just never know with kids - y'all should totally let yourself off the hook on this one! It's really hard when they're young...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goofyluver View Post
Girls, we've been so busy. I don't have time to even breathe. Or sleep.

13 more work days. 3 weeks from tomorrow is my last day of work.

Between work and the blog and family we are doing nothing but running.

We're taking a family trip to go shopping and out to eat this weekend. Other than that, I need to sleep.

Miss y'all.
Where are y'all going shopping this weekend?

I'm so sad we haven't met up yet

Quote:
Originally Posted by EJ4Disney View Post
*****I am reading a cute read now, "Snodgrass Vacation" by Dave Conifer. It is a spoff on WDW. I think anyone who loves Disney would love this book. It is funny to see the comparisons of the parks.
I read that on my Kindle, too! Cute, easy read!

Prayers for the kids - lots of transitions going on between new jobs and new houses!

I fly out later tonight for our househunting weekend. We narrowed it down to 35 houses () that we really liked online. Hopefully one will be perfect! I just hate DH can't come along to help make the decision.

Today, I've cleaned out the pantry - which I'm embarassed to admit I've not done since we moved here. 4 lawn size bags later... it looks darn good.
1982 & 1990 ~ trips as a child ~1997 ~ Caribbean Beach ~ 2002 ~ Vacation Home ~ 2003 ~ Stayed with Family ~ 2004 ~ Port Orleans Riverside ~2006 ~ Pop Century & Disney's Vero Beach ~ 2007 ~ Wilderness Lodge & Yacht Club ~ 2008 ~ Carnival Cruise & All Star Music ~ 2009 ~ All Star Sports & Downtown Hotel ~ 2009 ~ All Star Music, Comfort Inn & Boardwalk Villas
Aimeedyan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2012, 04:30 PM   #171
HERSEY
DIS Veteran

Ellen Let me know if you make it in to the city or close by. I would love to meet up.

Aimee Only 35 houses you have a busy weekend Good luck

Jen Who looks more forward to the end of the school year the students or teachers

Mr A has had some tests. He took his ACT's I tried to get him to do some of the prep tests on line but what do I know. For not prepping I think he did pretty good but he is not happy Next week he has a test to see if he can get college credit. Is he going to listen to me this time and prep. That is the big question. So far the kid has not had to study for his tests and his get really good scores. Yeah he is very lucky. I still think Aliens dropped him off, he is not his father or my child.
Old 05-12-2012, 09:34 PM   #172
Goofyluver
Knock Knock
edited to make myself look better!rrrrrrrooooooowwwwwwwrrrrr
...pssst pssst...
toilet paper is dangerous

Quote:
If I could ask for a few prayers I would really appreciate it -

Matthew has been offered a wonderful job opportunity. Well actually they have asked him to apply for it. It is in the Ag. Loan department. This would be a perfect fit for him and exactly what he wants and is going to school for. He will graduate in December with his banking degree but the job is open now. He applied and today it closes. So he should know something next week I would hope. Please keep your fingers crossed.

Jay and Elizabeth are trying to sell their house and move to Kearney (same town as Marty and Stephanie). They showed it on Monday and they have a couple really interested. They are looking at a few more and will make a decision on Monday. As much as I will miss them in the same town, this move would be wonderful for them as a family. Jay is an engineer for the Union Pacific railroad and has crazy hours. With this move he will have normal M-F/8-5 hours. So mcuh better with a young family.

I'm sending thoughts of good luck! So glad you're back and that you had a wonderful time!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aimeedyan View Post
Where are y'all going shopping this weekend?

I'm so sad we haven't met up yet

out later tonight for our househunting weekend. We narrowed it down to 35 houses () that we really liked online. Hopefully one will be perfect! I just hate DH can't come along to help make the decision.

Today, I've cleaned out the pantry - which I'm embarassed to admit I've not done since we moved here. 4 lawn size bags later... it looks darn good.
We went south instead of north your way.

I hope you found something this weekend!

Quote:
Originally Posted by HERSEY View Post
Ellen Let me know if you make it in to the city or close by. I would love to meet up.

Aimee Only 35 houses you have a busy weekend Good luck

Jen Who looks more forward to the end of the school year the students or teachers

Mr A has had some tests. He took his ACT's I tried to get him to do some of the prep tests on line but what do I know. For not prepping I think he did pretty good but he is not happy Next week he has a test to see if he can get college credit. Is he going to listen to me this time and prep. That is the big question. So far the kid has not had to study for his tests and his get really good scores. Yeah he is very lucky. I still think Aliens dropped him off, he is not his father or my child.
The teachers.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Good evenin' y'all!

13 more days of work.

Today we went out to lunch with the boys to a seafood place. Sadly, we were a week too late for oyster season. So, we had to suffer and get fried oysters instead. Then we went shopping and dropped a load at Sam's club. Good thing is, we're set on ketchup for the next 10 years.

We're just sitting around watching movies tonight.

all around. Hope everyone is good!
And when we find ourselves in the place just right,
It will be in the valley of love and delight.
Goofyluver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2012, 07:50 AM   #173
KadysMom
DIS Veteran

HAPPY MOTHERS DAY!!!

I hope all the wonderful ladies on here have a great Mother's Day!!!

I am having a quiet day so far. Jeff works Sundays so he is sleeping and Kady is still sleeping. So just me, coffee and the computer

We are going to Nans later today and hanging out. So I have to get in the shower soon.

Ellen: I am sending all my thoughts and prayers. I will get the books for you and put them in the kindle format. I have to send them to Aimee also so can you send me your email address in a personal message on facebook? I have another book called beyond justice. Its a mix between John Grisham and James Patterson. It turned out to be a spiritual book and I loved it!!!

I will be back on later! Have a great day!!!
October 2007: Caribbean Beach
December 2008: Port Orleans French Quarter
KadysMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2012, 08:07 AM   #174
JimShockz
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerKat View Post
Lauren – I would love to have a “butcher”, then again, maybe not. I’d spend way too much, lol! When is your vacation?

Glynis – Glad to hear Dad is doing so well!!!

Vickie – My heart breaks for C. It’s so much to handle, I’m sure everyone is doing the best they can under the circumstances. Sending lots of love and prayers.

Jen – I hope y’all have a great weekend!

Trying to get to the gym while I can, we've got a lot of rain heading in for the weekend and it's knocking on our door right now!

Going out to our favorite Mexican place tonight.
When in Winter Park Orlando,if you like Mexican food stop at PRs on fairbanks ave,they have great food with large quantitys to boot and its reasonable when the check arrives.

-JH
Old 05-13-2012, 08:18 AM   #175
FormrCastMbr
DIS Veteran

In to wish my beautiful friends and Happy Mother's Day!

We are going to brunch at a local place. I've never been there but heard it was good so I am looking forward to it.

Out for now but will be back later!
FormrCastMbr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2012, 08:44 AM   #176
LBKB
DIS Veteran

Happy Mothers Day to ALL the GREAT Moms here have a great Day.
LBKB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2012, 10:23 AM   #177
Goofyluver
Knock Knock
edited to make myself look better!rrrrrrrooooooowwwwwwwrrrrr
...pssst pssst...
toilet paper is dangerous

Happy Mother's Day, y'all.
And when we find ourselves in the place just right,
It will be in the valley of love and delight.
Goofyluver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2012, 10:58 AM   #178
TigerKat
HOPE YOUR DAY IS FILLED WITH JOY AND HAPPINESS !!
Blow some of that cool air down here
Warning! Getting a tag is hazardous to my mouse

Happy Mother's Day to all!
Old 05-13-2012, 05:06 PM   #179
scotlass
Proud Redhead
Lang may yer lum reek!
Ma heid's mince

Happy Mothers day to all the mammy's ower the water.

LETS ALL DO THE BROONY \0/
scotlass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2012, 05:47 PM   #180
Nancyg56
DIS Veteran

Happy Mother's Day to all the wonderful women on our thread!

Quote:

Glad you are finally catching up with your life! Lots to do but worth it when done

Sending thoughts and prayers to your family. I hope Mathew is offered the job and pray it is the right fir for him.

I also send prayers for Jay and Elizabeth. Hopefully their home will be perfect for another young couple.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aimeedyan View Post
I fly out later tonight for our househunting weekend. We narrowed it down to 35 houses () that we really liked online. Hopefully one will be perfect! I just hate DH can't come along to help make the decision.

Good Luck!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by HERSEY View Post

We had a lazy day today. I am so tired that it is a good thing. Buddy and I went to a wedding yesterday and while it was awesome we both stayed up way too late. I tried to sleep this afternoon but no such luck.
Nancyg56 is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: