Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-18-2013, 10:06 AM   #1531
bigmerle1966
Photobucket
OH MY STARS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerKat View Post
Marilyn - How are you feeling?
Hanging in there. I have been having trouble sleeping because every time I move my knee joints shift too much which causes pain and it wakes me up.

Last night I put on pain patches and wrapped both knees in ace bandages which really helped keep my joints from shifting so much.

The shots have to be approved by my insurance company which could take a week or so, hopefully not more than a week.
POR/AKL 12/02 POR(overnight stay)11/04 POR 6/21-6/29/05 POP 12/10-12/18/05 OKW 6/16-6/22/06 BWI 12/06 POP 9/7-9/10/06 OKW- Girls week May 07 POLY 7/5 to 7/9/07 POP 9/1 to 9/9/07 POP 11/1-11/6/07 POP 12/19 to 12/26/08 For Noah For delswife. LYMI
........... Oh Chachi!..... Bird Flu Hits Trailer Park- News at 11 Duchess Ohmystars of Rearkickerstown
bigmerle1966 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2013, 11:54 AM   #1532
Nancyg56
DIS Veteran

Marilyn- Wow! I feel badly for you knee pain is one of the worst, I think. Please be careful until you get your shots.
Register to remove

Old 07-18-2013, 07:04 PM   #1533
TigerKat
HOPE YOUR DAY IS FILLED WITH JOY AND HAPPINESS !!
Blow some of that cool air down here
Warning! Getting a tag is hazardous to my mouse

Marilyn - I am so sorry you are in so much pain. I am adding you to my prayer list. Hopefully you won't have to wait too much longer.
Old 07-19-2013, 04:27 AM   #1534
PrincessInOz
in
Catch you at the other end

Nancy - Yup; the project decompression cold. I thought I'd be sick last week; not this week. I went to work today. At 11 am, my client told me I looked awful and to go home.....but......."could you just get [x] done before you leave?" One simple request. How on earth did it then result in 5 hours worth of debate and discussion? How?????

(BTW - I still look awful!!)

And I was LOL at Cuddles and Bubbles!

Ellen - I'm looking forward to a nice and relaxing weekend. Hopefully, this sickness will go away. In the meantime, lots of water and vitamin C.

Have a great trip!

Marilyn - hugs!!!

Disneyland - Dec 1986, May 1990, Dec 1997, Aug 2003, Jun 2005, Jul 2007 TR, Nov 2008, Jan 2011 and Nov 2012 Another Mad Dash TR
Walt Disney World - Jun 2005, May 2010 (POR, BCV) PTR || TR, Oct 2010 (CSR) PTR || TR, Oct 2013 Anyone Game? PTR || TR in progress
Hong Kong Disneyland - Mar/Apr 2012 TR
PrincessInOz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2013, 05:34 AM   #1535
Rogue26
DIS Veteran

PIO- hope you are able to have a relaxing weekend.

Marilyn- I'm sorry you are so uncomfortable. I have a couple of joints that give me trouble and they do hurt so bad sometimes that I can't focus. I'm not positive but I think once you get the injections the relief is almost instant. I hope it gets approved for you quickly. I've also heard the injections themselves aren't too bad.

Nancy- my husband is out working in the heat too. He is out in all weather but the extreme temperatures (hot and cold) make me appreciate what he does for our family even more. Now if his laundry could make it the basket he'd be perfect.

Well the disney countdown is official, we are booked for February at beach club. We've never stayed there before so, we loved being so close to Epcot staying at boardwalk but beach club looks more relaxing.

Have a great day all!
Rogue26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2013, 06:41 AM   #1536
Nancyg56
DIS Veteran

PIO- I hope that you are feeling better today, and that you can rest this weekend.

Robin- I am in awe at those folks who work outdoors in this weather. I know what you mean about appreciating that effort because the stamina it takes to push yourself to get the job done when conditions are oppressive is incredible. I have asked him to toss his clothes down the stairs, they are that bad. Yesterday he got stuck in them they were so wet.

Buddy told me that his company needed to send a man to the hospital the other day. The blacktop is extremely hot, and the laborers are working it. Yikes! Jeff and Dan work in a warehouse with little ventilation, so they work in temps in excess of 100 degrees all summer long.

So after all this, I have to work today, and I am not looking forward to it.
Old 07-19-2013, 10:18 AM   #1537
TigerKat

PIO - I agree with everyone and hope you are able to have a relaxing weekend and feel better soon.

Robyn - I think you're going to love the Beach Club! You really can't go wrong with any of the Epcot resorts.

I know our temps aren't as bad as what y'all are dealing with but I worry about Kyle every day. Sheryl's husband, Bob, got him a job 2 months ago and he's outside doing physical labor 10 hours a day for the first time in his life. He's already been dehydrated once and he was throwing up all night last night. Hopefully his body will adjust to this soon.

WFD - Going out for Italian food tonight!

I hope everyone has a great weekend!
Old 07-19-2013, 05:54 PM   #1538
Nancyg56
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerKat View Post
I know our temps aren't as bad as what y'all are dealing with but I worry about Kyle every day. Sheryl's husband, Bob, got him a job 2 months ago and he's outside doing physical labor 10 hours a day for the first time in his life. He's already been dehydrated once and he was throwing up all night last night. Hopefully his body will adjust to this soon.
Hot is hot. When you work outdoors, it can be dangerous. Tell Kyle to make sure he starts his day hydrated, and that he manages his salts. You can drink til the cows come home, but if your body does not retain the fluids, you end up like Bud was last night. I talked to Jeff and he said to tell Kyle to drink plenty of water before he starts, but to also drink Gatorade. I honestly don't know if it helps but he and Dan are in that freaking hot warehouse, and they swear by it. I know it is a tough transition, but he will get the hang of it.

Robin- we stayed at the BC on our last trip. The walk to Epcot was awesome! You are going to feel right at home.
Old 07-20-2013, 06:01 AM   #1539
Rogue26
DIS Veteran

Kathy- working in the heat is tough. My husband has a two gallon water jug made by igloo. We make giant ice cubes with 32 ounce yogurt containers. The big ice cubes last most of the day. He needs to drink water before he's thirsty. I don't think it's something the body gets used too, you just get better at pacing yourself. Also, he probably doesn't want to here this from his mother, but alcohol is very dehydrating. I don't know why I'm telling this to you, you all are a lot more familiar with dealing with the heat than us but my husband has worked outside year round for 13 years. How is Sheryl doing?

Nancy- I'm sure we will love beach club. We have stayed at boardwalk before but I think beach club will be a little less chaotic and more relaxing. Our favorite is wilderness lodge, but since we spend every single night at Epcot it's so nice to just be able to walk back.

So today is the last day of this heat! It is so not supposed to be this hot here. Have a great day all, I think I'm going to head to work a bit early and hang out in my air conditioned office.
Rogue26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2013, 06:44 AM   #1540
Nancyg56
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogue26 View Post
Kathy- working in the heat is tough. My husband has a two gallon water jug made by igloo. We make giant ice cubes with 32 ounce yogurt containers. The big ice cubes last most of the day. He needs to drink water before he's thirsty. I don't think it's something the body gets used too, you just get better at pacing yourself. Also, he probably doesn't want to here this from his mother, but alcohol is very dehydrating. I don't know why I'm telling this to you, you all are a lot more familiar with dealing with the heat than us but my husband has worked outside year round for 13 years. How is Sheryl doing?

Nancy- I'm sure we will love beach club. We have stayed at boardwalk before but I think beach club will be a little less chaotic and more relaxing. Our favorite is wilderness lodge, but since we spend every single night at Epcot it's so nice to just be able to walk back.

So today is the last day of this heat! It is so not supposed to be this hot here. Have a great day all, I think I'm going to head to work a bit early and hang out in my air conditioned office.

You are so right, you need to be hydrated before you even get started. Buddy hauls his jug with him and I keep some 2 and 3 gallon cooler jugs as well as the 5 gallon ones. Yesterday another man dropped at his work, making it two in one week, His manager shut down at 1 and sent everyone home. Buddy said this is almost unheard of, but working behind those pavers was unbearable.

I am thankful that the heat wave is supposed to be over tomorrow! Of course it comes with a price in the form of severe storms. It makes sense because Donny and Anna are hosting a BBQ this afternoon, and their house is miniscule Donny is hoping the storms hold off at least until after lunch, it will be one tight fit if not.

We liked the BC, but our favorite is the Poly. Well, mine is actually AKL, but I am alone in that. Buddy surprised me and said he is not staying off of the monorail again, but our fiances won't support that declaration. We end up at POFQ most of the time, but since Bud does not always join us, we'll save the Poly for him.

Hope everyone is having a great beginning to the weekend!!!!!1111
Old 07-20-2013, 06:27 PM   #1541
PrincessInOz
in
Catch you at the other end

Checking in briefly. It's currently 41 degrees here. I'm happy to take some heat off someone....anyone!

Starting to feel normal again. At least the headache has stopped.

Kat - Hope you enjoyed your dinner. Dehydration is no fun! Wish Sheryl's husband well.

Robin - Enjoy the Beach Club. Stormalong Bay is just awesome! I'm staying at the BC Villas in Sep/Oct and can't wait!

Nancy - hope your weekend is a cool one!

Disneyland - Dec 1986, May 1990, Dec 1997, Aug 2003, Jun 2005, Jul 2007 TR, Nov 2008, Jan 2011 and Nov 2012 Another Mad Dash TR
Walt Disney World - Jun 2005, May 2010 (POR, BCV) PTR || TR, Oct 2010 (CSR) PTR || TR, Oct 2013 Anyone Game? PTR || TR in progress
Hong Kong Disneyland - Mar/Apr 2012 TR
PrincessInOz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2013, 07:34 PM   #1542
TigerKat

Robyn & Nan - Thank you for all the suggestions regarding Kyle and hydration. The company is very good about having water available and nearby but I think Kyle is not drinking until he's thirsty. We've talked about it this weekend, hoping he'll realize he can make this better. Turns out the throwing up the other night was not a result of the heat. He had a stomach virus, today is the first day he's feeling better.

Robyn - Sheryl is doing good! That grandson of hers is such a cutie!

PIO - Glad to hear you're feeling better!

This weekend I made a crawfish etouffee and had to do the grilled romaine salad with bacon and blue cheese again. I'm addicted to it! Made steak and chicken fajitas today with refried black beans.
Old 07-22-2013, 08:12 AM   #1543
HERSEY
DIS Veteran

Good morning all! I thought I would jump back in.

We have been so busy getting Mr A ready for his freshman year in College. Can you believe it my baby in College?

Kat I am on Mr A all the time about drinking water. Since I get kidney stones it is so important to stay hydrated.

Marilyn I hope you hear soon from your Ins and you can get those shots.

Hope everyone else is doing well

I need to get back to work I'll try to get back later
Old 07-22-2013, 08:20 AM   #1544
Nancyg56
DIS Veteran

Janice- I chuckle every time you call Mr A your baby. he is how many inches taller than you? I agree that it is frightening how fast time goes by, and all of a sudden our kids are no longer "kids".

Kat- I agree that Kyle is probably waiting too long to drink. You cannot catch up if you wait until you are thirsty. Hopefully, as he adjusts his mind to his body he will feel better. I will say that Buddy had a rough week water wise. He was a mess this week, and y yesterday, even though the heat was not so bad, he had to drag his sorry self out the door. he just did not feel right.

I am working in the basement later today. I think that as a packrat, I spend more time moving stuff from place to place, so I have tossed a lot out. We are having leftovers tonight. We have chicken ad burgers to finish, and a lot of produce to make salad.

talk to you all later!
Old 07-22-2013, 02:53 PM   #1545
bigmerle1966
Photobucket
OH MY STARS!

Thanks ladies. I am hoping for quick relief.

A word about heat, from what I have heard it is best to have one 20 oz. bottle of Gatorade for every two 20 oz. bottles of water. That should keep them hydrated well and their electrolytes in balance.

Luckily our heat broke some over the weekend. Saturday morning it was nice and cloudy so the girls swim meet was not too bad. The clouds broke up just near the end of the meet. We had a thunderstorm in the evening which also cooled things down.

The girls came home with me that night and yesterday we went to a local amusement park and my godsons and BFF came. It's one of those places where you can pay for individual rides or buy 3 hour or all day passes. We did the three hour which also included go-karts that were not a part of the three hours so it ended up giving them about 4 hours of ride time at the park.

It rained for a little bit but the kids kept right on riding rides, they must have ridden the roller coaster more than 20 times The place has bumper boats and the one rule we had was that they had to stay out of the waterfall as we didn't have changes of clothes or towels. My youngest godson got forced into it, there were too many boats surrounding him, so he got drenched. We were dying laughing because when he realized he was headed for it he nearly jumped out of the boat.

They all ended up soaked anyway because they could shoot each other and my oldest GS blasted the heck out of the other three. We ended the weekend with dinner at The Greene Turtle.
POR/AKL 12/02 POR(overnight stay)11/04 POR 6/21-6/29/05 POP 12/10-12/18/05 OKW 6/16-6/22/06 BWI 12/06 POP 9/7-9/10/06 OKW- Girls week May 07 POLY 7/5 to 7/9/07 POP 9/1 to 9/9/07 POP 11/1-11/6/07 POP 12/19 to 12/26/08 For Noah For delswife. LYMI
........... Oh Chachi!..... Bird Flu Hits Trailer Park- News at 11 Duchess Ohmystars of Rearkickerstown
bigmerle1966 is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: