Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 09-26-2012, 08:18 AM   #3676
lovethattink
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Precious Disney View Post
This might be off topic, but I couldn't resist...
Looked at the 10 day forecast for Orlando and it's showing 60% chance of rain between 10/3-10/5... Sure hope that changes! But if it doesn't I still plan on having a blast... Seems like the forecast always shows about the same when I plan a cruise, then voila, it gets better and the weather is great! Praying for that to happen for this trip...

Thanks to all that continue to post on this thread! It is Awesome!!!
Don't let the forecast scare you. We have been having some rain almost every day. It rains for a short time, cools things off a bit, and dries up quickly. Chances are you won't even know it rained.
Old 09-26-2012, 09:15 AM   #3677
Karabee
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Precious Disney View Post
This might be off topic, but I couldn't resist...
Looked at the 10 day forecast for Orlando and it's showing 60% chance of rain between 10/3-10/5... Sure hope that changes! But if it doesn't I still plan on having a blast... Seems like the forecast always shows about the same when I plan a cruise, then voila, it gets better and the weather is great! Praying for that to happen for this trip...

Thanks to all that continue to post on this thread! It is Awesome!!!
Keep in mind it can rain for a little bit each day in FL, but they are never sure when it's coming so they have to show rain. Last year, our trip in the fall showed rain every single day. It rained once but the forecast never changed. I think you'll be ok
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-26-2012, 09:38 AM   #3678
PhoenixStrength
Waiting for my fairytale!

Just booked my trip for Nov 29-Dec 4th for my third time at POP, with Free Dining! I'm very excited, and can't wait to see AoA completed, as when I was there in February it was still being constructed.

Heat, humidity and a great Mother/Daughter trip! A May TR
Alien Encounter gave me PTSD!! A Dec '14 PTR

Old 09-26-2012, 10:20 AM   #3679
Amandagoff1984
Earning My Ears

does anyone have the movie schedule for October yet? We will be arriving Oct 12th and leaving the 15th but we are only going to park for MNSSHP. We just thought we would make a weekend out of it since we only live about 3 hours south of there.Looking for some other things to keep the kids occupied on friday night also all day saturday and sat night and morning of sunday (go to MNSSHP sunday night so EXCITED!!!!). This is also my kids first trip to POP we stayed at ASMU about 1 1/2 ago. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated...
Old 09-26-2012, 10:25 AM   #3680
smitch425
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amandagoff1984 View Post
does anyone have the movie schedule for October yet? We will be arriving Oct 12th and leaving the 15th but we are only going to park for MNSSHP. We just thought we would make a weekend out of it since we only live about 3 hours south of there.Looking for some other things to keep the kids occupied on friday night also all day saturday and sat night and morning of sunday (go to MNSSHP sunday night so EXCITED!!!!). This is also my kids first trip to POP we stayed at ASMU about 1 1/2 ago. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated...
Not sure about the movies, but I would definitely hit Downtown Disney during your trip. It has that Disney feel without being in an actual park.
Old 09-26-2012, 10:26 AM   #3681
Janet B
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by kylathwe View Post
We will be there in 10 days. Checking in on October 4th through the 13th!
Quote:
Originally Posted by cruiserkaren View Post
We're there Oct 4-11th!
Quote:
Originally Posted by sargenca View Post
Yeah! We are getting close too. We do online check-in on Friday. Will be there from October 8th - October 13th!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovethattink View Post
The last few days have been full of Disney fun! Made resies for the weekend, filled out the online Pop Century resort stay survey AND did online check in!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxim View Post
We'll be there in 60 hours!!
Have a great time!! Are you all going to the a Halloween party?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pikester View Post
Thanks for the updates! We've stayed at Pop 3 times (2006, 2008, 2009). I really, really, really wanted to stay there on our last trip back in Feb/March of 2012 but we had 5 of us and it was just more cost effective to stay off property. So looking forward to staying there again next year and doing so without the kids. It's going to be so AWESOME!
We had 5 in August and booked connecting rooms ... it was great having the extra room ....we had FD promotion ...you will love POP, having the refurb and the AoA to visit as well!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcarwash View Post
I like this -- YMMV. Your Mileage May Vary. Your Mattress May Vary. Or perhaps YMMS -- Your Mattress May Saggy.

Sorry, couldn't help being silly.
LOVE it!!! Silliest is encouraged here .... thanks jcarwash for the laughs ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraLouLovesPooh View Post
Just got back on Sunday from our yearly trip and already have our September 2013 trip already planned and ready! Thankfully we got a bouceback offer and I booked it right away! So excited to spend another year at Pop! Is it too early to start counting? 353 days to go!! Yippie!
Its NEVER to early ....

Quote:
Originally Posted by xxunluv3dlizxx View Post
Just wanted to say thanks to everyone who contributes so much love to Pop! I've only stayed onsite once and that was at ASMo back in Feb and I actually really enjoyed it and planned on staying there again but thanks to you guys i've chosen Pop for my trip with my brother and some friends in Oct '13..I can't wait!!
Hopefully another POP convert and lover!! Stick around and have fun while we all wait for our next trips ....

Check out the Grooviest FAQ thread here: POP Century FAQ Thread

TY Kook!
Old 09-26-2012, 10:32 AM   #3682
lovethattink
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janet B View Post
Have a great time!! Are you all going to the a Halloween party?

Yes!! For the first time in 7 years!! We are so excited. They guys have their costumes, but I don't.

I wanted to book Pop for Fri-Tues, but the rate for Saturday and Sunday was over $100, even with passholder rate (we paid $66 2 weeks ago)?? So I booked the new passholder offer for just Sun-Tues at $75!!! We'll be driving back and forth from home the other days to experience the F&W Festival and Franken Weenie Weekend at DTD.
Old 09-26-2012, 10:39 AM   #3683
Janet B
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Movie schedule should be posted around 10/2 .. so in plenty of time to know your choices ... Agree with smitch425 .... go to DTD ...often times there is entertainment the kids might enjoy... Saturday perhaps swim, resort hop, check out the grounds, have a bite to eat and check out the pin trading boards (we love pin trading!!)

Fort wilderness have the campfire with Chip N' Dale, it's free, and you can bring or buy smores there .... not sure but they might offer a haunted hayride ... perhaps check out the Wilderness FAQ thread, it's got a great hostess who will be able to give you the scoop!!

Check out AoA Sunday so you are not doing a lot of running around on your Halloween party day ...you can eat lunch at AoA come back and get ready to hit the park at 4pm!!

TY Kook!
Old 09-26-2012, 10:44 AM   #3684
Janet B
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovethattink View Post
Yes!! For the first time in 7 years!! We are so excited. They guys have their costumes, but I don't.

I wanted to book Pop for Fri-Tues, but the rate for Saturday and Sunday was over $100, even with passholder rate (we paid $66 2 weeks ago)?? So I booked the new passholder offer for just Sun-Tues at $75!!! We'll be driving back and forth from home the other days to experience the F&W Festival and Franken Weenie Weekend at DTD.
Congrats on that AP rate! We originally was thinking to come over Columbus day weekend... rate is more $$ on Fri, Sat AND Sun ...my DD was off on monday, however it wasn't in the cards for us this year ....maybe next year! Have a blast!

TY Kook!
Old 09-26-2012, 10:54 AM   #3685
Amandagoff1984
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Movie schedule should be posted around 10/2 .. so in plenty of time to know your choices ... Agree with smitch425 .... go to DTD ...often times there is entertainment the kids might enjoy... Saturday perhaps swim, resort hop, check out the grounds, have a bite to eat and check out the pin trading boards (we love pin trading!!)

Fort wilderness have the campfire with Chip N' Dale, it's free, and you can bring or buy smores there .... not sure but they might offer a haunted hayride ... perhaps check out the Wilderness FAQ thread, it's got a great hostess who will be able to give you the scoop!!

Check out AoA Sunday so you are not doing a lot of running around on your Halloween party day ...you can eat lunch at AoA come back and get ready to hit the park at 4pm!!

Thanks for the great info!!!! Yes Sunday I was thinking we would stroll over to AOA and check it out. Have and early lunch there and then head back to room so my 2 year old can nap seeing how we will be in park late... How about the Boardwalk anything to do there with young kids. All my years of going to Disney I have never been to there.
Old 09-26-2012, 11:16 AM   #3686
lovethattink
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Congrats on that AP rate! We originally was thinking to come over Columbus day weekend... rate is more $$ on Fri, Sat AND Sun ...my DD was off on monday, however it wasn't in the cards for us this year ....maybe next year! Have a blast!
Thanks! Sorry it didn't work out for you. Hopefully next year!

Quote:

Thanks for the great info!!!! Yes Sunday I was thinking we would stroll over to AOA and check it out. Have and early lunch there and then head back to room so my 2 year old can nap seeing how we will be in park late... How about the Boardwalk anything to do there with young kids. All my years of going to Disney I have never been to there.
At night there are street performers. I don't know what time they come out. Perhaps someone on the Boardwalk thread can help you. We've seen performers swallow a sword, juggle, do magic tricks, etc.

A really fun family show is at POR at the River Roost, Bob Jackson aka Yeehaw Bob puts on a great show. It's very interactive so the kids do not get board and the whole audience ends up getting sucked into the performance. He is a genius at audience participation!! I think he performs Wed to Saturday, but you'd have to check on that.
Old 09-26-2012, 01:13 PM   #3687
Precious Disney
Earning My Ears

Thanks for the positive posts about the weather! Just what I needed... Some positive thoughts from my fellow posters...

Printed out my good tips list, itinerary and packing list. Suitcases out and ready to pack... WOOHOO!...
Old 09-26-2012, 07:43 PM   #3688
Cinderella's slipper
A cross between Cinderella and Winnie the Pooh - "uniquely me"

Can't wait to be at Pop!

Did online check-in today. All clothing pressed and ready to be matched up and packed. Just so darn excited to be staying at Pop for the first time.Tomorrow, we'll be doing the single digit dance. Tonight we have the whole chorus line

Linda ~~WDW Commando Club #200
October 1982 offsite -- October 1986 offsite
Many trips in between -POFQ -- Disney World Land & Sea Cruise Poly, Sept 2001 -- POR, Sept 2002 -- Disneyland, Aug 2005 --Shades of Green, Feb 2008 -- Dreams Come True Trip, AKL, Oct 2009 --POFQ, Sept 2011 -- Pop Century, Oct 2012 -- Offsite, March 2014 an all girls trip.
Old 09-26-2012, 08:44 PM   #3689
lovbeinmom
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovethattink

What and when is the Franken Weenie weekend?
2009 AsMu - Our 1st MNSSHP with the MA Family
2010 CBR - Our 1st MVMCP with YaYa, Morgan & Marek
2011 Our 1st Disney Dream Cruise with one night at the Contemporary
2012 Wilderness Villas - Girls Night at Disney - Mother/Daugther Trip

Hoping DH will let me plan a trip for 2013 to see the expansion then on to planning a Disneyland vacation!!
Old 09-26-2012, 09:05 PM   #3690
lovethattink
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovbeinmom View Post
What and when is the Franken Weenie weekend?
Sept 28 to 30th at DTD West Side, there will be a 3D sneak peak, photos, treats, and a first ever WDW appearance of Jack Skellington and Sally from NBC.

You can see NBC or Alice for $6 at AMC.
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: