Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 09-25-2012, 08:59 AM   #3661
sargenca
Mouseketeer
 
sargenca's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Nashville, TN
Posts: 348

Quote:
Originally Posted by kylathwe View Post
We will be there in 10 days. Checking in on October 4th through the 13th!
Yeah! We are getting close too. We do online check-in on Friday. Will be there from October 8th - October 13th!!
sargenca is offline  
Old 09-25-2012, 09:35 AM   #3662
dazednconfused
DIS Veteran
 
dazednconfused's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Eastern part of the world
Posts: 941

Hi Pop lovers!

We'll be checking in at Pop Century for the first time in late November. I understand Pop went through a refurbishment in 2010 and new mattresses were placed in all the rooms. How are they feeling now that it's been about 2 years since the refurb? I remember staying at AS Music just months after they had their refurb done. The beds were heavenly. A year later, when we returned to WDW, the beds didn't seem as comfortable. Granted, we were not placed inthe exact same room. But, in general, the beds were not as comfy.
__________________
dazednconfused is offline  
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 09-25-2012, 09:40 AM   #3663
bgenew1
Mouseketeer
 
bgenew1's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 254

King Room Question

First, I want to say thanks for all the great information and your hard work on this thread!

We just returned from a stay at AoA last week and missed Pop so badly, can't wait to be back "home" in December. I know the beds are the same size but we felt really cramped this time. My husband asked if there were King Rooms at Pop without the handicapped bathrooms. I said I don't know but I know where to look and there was our answer on the first page of the thread!

Since you cant select a king bed as you can for other resorts - is my only option to call and try to have this added to my reservation? And then we hope at check-in to get the king bed room?
__________________


bgenew1 is offline  
Old 09-25-2012, 09:42 AM   #3664
dansdad
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: 1,209 miles from CBR.
Posts: 6,223

Quote:
Originally Posted by bgenew1 View Post
Since you cant select a king bed as you can for other resorts - is my only option to call and try to have this added to my reservation? And then we hope at check-in to get the king bed room?
Correct.
__________________
ME DW DS12
dansdad is offline  
Old 09-25-2012, 09:43 AM   #3665
PhoenixStrength
Waiting for my fairytale!
 
PhoenixStrength's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Maryland
Posts: 3,067

Quote:
Originally Posted by bgenew1 View Post
First, I want to say thanks for all the great information and your hard work on this thread!

We just returned from a stay at AoA last week and missed Pop so badly, can't wait to be back "home" in December. I know the beds are the same size but we felt really cramped this time. My husband asked if there were King Rooms at Pop without the handicapped bathrooms. I said I don't know but I know where to look and there was our answer on the first page of the thread!

Since you cant select a king bed as you can for other resorts - is my only option to call and try to have this added to my reservation? And then we hope at check-in to get the king bed room?
Exactly right. No guarantees since there is a limited number, but you can request it on your reservation. If that is most important to you then make sure it's either your only request, or listed as the top request if you have other room requests too.
__________________
Aug 97 Off Site Aug 01 Off Site Sept 08 POP Nov 10 Off Site Feb 12 POP Dec 12 POP Sept 13 CBR May 14 CBR Dec 14 CBR

Heat, humidity and a great Mother/Daughter trip! A May TR

PhoenixStrength is offline  
Old 09-25-2012, 09:58 AM   #3666
bgenew1
Mouseketeer
 
bgenew1's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 254

Thanks for the quick replies. I will call today and get it added.
__________________


bgenew1 is offline  
Old 09-25-2012, 11:04 AM   #3667
Sandi
A proud Spartans fan!
 
Sandi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 1999
Location: East Lansing, Michigan USA
Posts: 5,342

Quote:
Originally Posted by dazednconfused View Post
Hi Pop lovers!

We'll be checking in at Pop Century for the first time in late November. I understand Pop went through a refurbishment in 2010 and new mattresses were placed in all the rooms. How are they feeling now that it's been about 2 years since the refurb? I remember staying at AS Music just months after they had their refurb done. The beds were heavenly. A year later, when we returned to WDW, the beds didn't seem as comfortable. Granted, we were not placed inthe exact same room. But, in general, the beds were not as comfy.
We've stayed at Pop 4 times in the past two years and I found the beds to be fine, not "heavenly," but not awful either. The room we had last month had mattresses that sagged in the middle, but since it was just me and DD and we each had our own bed, it wasn't a big deal. We slept fine.

That's my experience. YMMV.
__________________
Have a Disney Day! -Sandi

Sandi is offline  
Old 09-25-2012, 11:07 AM   #3668
jcarwash
DIS Veteran
 
jcarwash's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 3,438

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandi View Post
We've stayed at Pop 4 times in the past two years and I found the beds to be fine, not "heavenly," but not awful either. The room we had last month had mattresses that sagged in the middle, but since it was just me and DD and we each had our own bed, it wasn't a big deal. We slept fine.

That's my experience. YMMV.
I like this -- YMMV. Your Mileage May Vary. Your Mattress May Vary. Or perhaps YMMS -- Your Mattress May Saggy.

Sorry, couldn't help being silly.
__________________

WDW: 17 | DLR: 3 | DCL: 2
Next: Feb 2015 Disney Magic
jcarwash is offline  
Old 09-25-2012, 11:46 AM   #3669
LauraLouLovesPooh
Mouseketeer
 
LauraLouLovesPooh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 118

Just got back on Sunday from our yearly trip and already have our September 2013 trip already planned and ready! Thankfully we got a bouceback offer and I booked it right away! So excited to spend another year at Pop! Is it too early to start counting? 353 days to go!! Yippie!
__________________
“I think we dream so we don’t have to be apart for so long. If we’re in each other’s dreams, we can be together all the time” September 2011- Pop 1 Year Anniversary
September 2012- Pop 2 Year Anniversary
September 2013- Pop 3 Year Anniversary!!
PaulLaura
LauraLouLovesPooh is offline  
Old 09-25-2012, 12:50 PM   #3670
TheRatPack
Under penalty of law this tag not to be removed except by the tagfairy!
 
TheRatPack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: North Georgia
Posts: 5,319

Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraLouLovesPooh View Post
Just got back on Sunday from our yearly trip and already have our September 2013 trip already planned and ready! Thankfully we got a bouceback offer and I booked it right away! So excited to spend another year at Pop! Is it too early to start counting? 353 days to go!! Yippie!
Is this still the bounceback that only goes through September 2013? I am hoping one gets in the rooms soon that covers some of October.
__________________

TheRatPack is offline  
Old 09-25-2012, 01:03 PM   #3671
KNovacovschi
DIS Veteran
 
KNovacovschi's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Hamilton, Ontario
Posts: 2,706

Quick question that I hope someone can answer. With the voucher you get for the arcade it's for 100 play points & I was wondering if anyone knows what the average play points is per game. I can't remember. TIA.
__________________


DD-16 DH-33 ME-36

Sept 17-23, 2006 - POP; Aug 12-18, 2007 - POP; Oct 14-20, 2012 - POP; Nov 17-23, 2013 - POP; Sept 27-Oct 4, 2014 - POP (adult only);
Sept 20-26, 2015 - POP (DM/DD trip)

I've been sprung....YEAH
KNovacovschi is offline  
Old 09-25-2012, 08:04 PM   #3672
xxunluv3dlizxx
Earning My Ears
 
xxunluv3dlizxx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Titusville, Florida
Posts: 38

Just wanted to say thanks to everyone who contributes so much love to Pop! I've only stayed onsite once and that was at ASMo back in Feb and I actually really enjoyed it and planned on staying there again but thanks to you guys i've chosen Pop for my trip with my brother and some friends in Oct '13..I can't wait!!
__________________
WDW Annual Passholder Since 2011 2/2012 ASMo 10/2013* Pop


xxunluv3dlizxx is offline  
Old 09-25-2012, 08:18 PM   #3673
stitchlovestink
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 4,315

Quote:
Originally Posted by erincon23 View Post
I was just showing DS the map of the resort so we can decide what we should request at the online checkin (end of the week!). He asked about what Art of Animation had originally been intended for --the Classic Years --and he said, "so the '30s building would be all run down, and the food service would be a soup kitchen..."
Yeah, we were told part of the problem with construction was they were trying to make it authentic and the first couple of decades wouldn't have indoor plumbing...so they were trying to figure out how to work that situation out.
stitchlovestink is offline  
Old 09-25-2012, 09:38 PM   #3674
cruiserkaren
Who Dey!
here I am.......still blank
 
cruiserkaren's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Indiana
Posts: 3,838

Quote:
Originally Posted by kylathwe
We will be there in 10 days. Checking in on October 4th through the 13th!
We're there Oct 4-11th!
__________________

cruiserkaren is offline  
Old 09-26-2012, 07:05 AM   #3675
Precious Disney
Earning My Ears
 
Precious Disney's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Louisiana
Posts: 58

This might be off topic, but I couldn't resist...
Looked at the 10 day forecast for Orlando and it's showing 60% chance of rain between 10/3-10/5... Sure hope that changes! But if it doesn't I still plan on having a blast... Seems like the forecast always shows about the same when I plan a cruise, then voila, it gets better and the weather is great! Praying for that to happen for this trip...

Thanks to all that continue to post on this thread! It is Awesome!!!
__________________
Precious Disney is offline  
Closed Thread



Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:40 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.

You Rated this Thread: