Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 09-25-2012, 08:59 AM   #3661
sargenca
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by kylathwe View Post
We will be there in 10 days. Checking in on October 4th through the 13th!
Yeah! We are getting close too. We do online check-in on Friday. Will be there from October 8th - October 13th!!
Old 09-25-2012, 09:35 AM   #3662
dazednconfused
DIS Veteran

Hi Pop lovers!

We'll be checking in at Pop Century for the first time in late November. I understand Pop went through a refurbishment in 2010 and new mattresses were placed in all the rooms. How are they feeling now that it's been about 2 years since the refurb? I remember staying at AS Music just months after they had their refurb done. The beds were heavenly. A year later, when we returned to WDW, the beds didn't seem as comfortable. Granted, we were not placed inthe exact same room. But, in general, the beds were not as comfy.
Register to remove

Old 09-25-2012, 09:40 AM   #3663
bgenew1
Mouseketeer

King Room Question

First, I want to say thanks for all the great information and your hard work on this thread!

We just returned from a stay at AoA last week and missed Pop so badly, can't wait to be back "home" in December. I know the beds are the same size but we felt really cramped this time. My husband asked if there were King Rooms at Pop without the handicapped bathrooms. I said I don't know but I know where to look and there was our answer on the first page of the thread!

Since you cant select a king bed as you can for other resorts - is my only option to call and try to have this added to my reservation? And then we hope at check-in to get the king bed room?

Old 09-25-2012, 09:42 AM   #3664
dansdad
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by bgenew1 View Post
Since you cant select a king bed as you can for other resorts - is my only option to call and try to have this added to my reservation? And then we hope at check-in to get the king bed room?
Correct.
Old 09-25-2012, 09:43 AM   #3665
PhoenixStrength
Waiting for my fairytale!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bgenew1 View Post
First, I want to say thanks for all the great information and your hard work on this thread!

We just returned from a stay at AoA last week and missed Pop so badly, can't wait to be back "home" in December. I know the beds are the same size but we felt really cramped this time. My husband asked if there were King Rooms at Pop without the handicapped bathrooms. I said I don't know but I know where to look and there was our answer on the first page of the thread!

Exactly right. No guarantees since there is a limited number, but you can request it on your reservation. If that is most important to you then make sure it's either your only request, or listed as the top request if you have other room requests too.

Heat, humidity and a great Mother/Daughter trip! A May TR

Old 09-25-2012, 09:58 AM   #3666
bgenew1
Mouseketeer

Thanks for the quick replies. I will call today and get it added.

Old 09-25-2012, 11:04 AM   #3667
Sandi
A proud Spartans fan!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dazednconfused View Post
Hi Pop lovers!

We'll be checking in at Pop Century for the first time in late November. I understand Pop went through a refurbishment in 2010 and new mattresses were placed in all the rooms. How are they feeling now that it's been about 2 years since the refurb? I remember staying at AS Music just months after they had their refurb done. The beds were heavenly. A year later, when we returned to WDW, the beds didn't seem as comfortable. Granted, we were not placed inthe exact same room. But, in general, the beds were not as comfy.
We've stayed at Pop 4 times in the past two years and I found the beds to be fine, not "heavenly," but not awful either. The room we had last month had mattresses that sagged in the middle, but since it was just me and DD and we each had our own bed, it wasn't a big deal. We slept fine.

That's my experience. YMMV.

Old 09-25-2012, 11:07 AM   #3668
jcarwash
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandi View Post
We've stayed at Pop 4 times in the past two years and I found the beds to be fine, not "heavenly," but not awful either. The room we had last month had mattresses that sagged in the middle, but since it was just me and DD and we each had our own bed, it wasn't a big deal. We slept fine.

That's my experience. YMMV.
I like this -- YMMV. Your Mileage May Vary. Your Mattress May Vary. Or perhaps YMMS -- Your Mattress May Saggy.

Sorry, couldn't help being silly.

WDW: 17 | DLR: 3 | DCL: 2
Next: Feb 2015 Disney Magic
Old 09-25-2012, 11:46 AM   #3669
LauraLouLovesPooh
Mouseketeer

Just got back on Sunday from our yearly trip and already have our September 2013 trip already planned and ready! Thankfully we got a bouceback offer and I booked it right away! So excited to spend another year at Pop! Is it too early to start counting? 353 days to go!! Yippie!
PaulLaura
Old 09-25-2012, 12:50 PM   #3670
TheRatPack
Under penalty of law this tag not to be removed except by the tagfairy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraLouLovesPooh View Post
Just got back on Sunday from our yearly trip and already have our September 2013 trip already planned and ready! Thankfully we got a bouceback offer and I booked it right away! So excited to spend another year at Pop! Is it too early to start counting? 353 days to go!! Yippie!
Is this still the bounceback that only goes through September 2013? I am hoping one gets in the rooms soon that covers some of October.

Old 09-25-2012, 01:03 PM   #3671
KNovacovschi
DIS Veteran

Quick question that I hope someone can answer. With the voucher you get for the arcade it's for 100 play points & I was wondering if anyone knows what the average play points is per game. I can't remember. TIA.

DD-16 DH-33 ME-36

Sept 17-23, 2006 - POP; Aug 12-18, 2007 - POP; Oct 14-20, 2012 - POP; Nov 17-23, 2013 - POP; Sept 27-Oct 4, 2014 - POP (adult only);
Sept 20-26, 2015 - POP (DM/DD trip)

I've been sprung....YEAH
Old 09-25-2012, 08:04 PM   #3672
xxunluv3dlizxx
Earning My Ears

Just wanted to say thanks to everyone who contributes so much love to Pop! I've only stayed onsite once and that was at ASMo back in Feb and I actually really enjoyed it and planned on staying there again but thanks to you guys i've chosen Pop for my trip with my brother and some friends in Oct '13..I can't wait!!

Old 09-25-2012, 08:18 PM   #3673
stitchlovestink
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by erincon23 View Post
I was just showing DS the map of the resort so we can decide what we should request at the online checkin (end of the week!). He asked about what Art of Animation had originally been intended for --the Classic Years --and he said, "so the '30s building would be all run down, and the food service would be a soup kitchen..."
Yeah, we were told part of the problem with construction was they were trying to make it authentic and the first couple of decades wouldn't have indoor plumbing...so they were trying to figure out how to work that situation out.
Old 09-25-2012, 09:38 PM   #3674
cruiserkaren
Who Dey!
here I am.......still blank

Quote:
Originally Posted by kylathwe
We will be there in 10 days. Checking in on October 4th through the 13th!
We're there Oct 4-11th!

Old 09-26-2012, 07:05 AM   #3675
Precious Disney
Earning My Ears

This might be off topic, but I couldn't resist...
Looked at the 10 day forecast for Orlando and it's showing 60% chance of rain between 10/3-10/5... Sure hope that changes! But if it doesn't I still plan on having a blast... Seems like the forecast always shows about the same when I plan a cruise, then voila, it gets better and the weather is great! Praying for that to happen for this trip...

Thanks to all that continue to post on this thread! It is Awesome!!!

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: