Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 09-23-2012, 07:06 AM   #3631
Pikester
DIS Veteran

Wow, you are up to thread #6! I haven't been following along but DH and I will be heading to Pop about a year from now (late Sept or sometime in Oct) so I'm here filled with excitement and ready to read about any changes that have taken place since we stayed there back in 2009.

Old 09-23-2012, 11:21 AM   #3632
Karabee
DIS Veteran

Flights are officially book! Since we're not getting in until late (probably get to POP at 10 or later) should I add that to my reservation? Is it like other hotel chains where they can give you room away? I doubt it will be full enough for that but just curious!

Places checked off the hotel list : Poly, Poly CL, SSR, BC, DI, AKL, OKW, GF, WL, CBR, POR, POP
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-23-2012, 11:54 AM   #3633
glorania
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobmc27 View Post
Here's what I was able to find out for you. As Sasktel has told you you will not be charged when using wifi either at MCO or WDW . Remember that using wifi is for internet browsing and calling via skype you can't make regular cell phone calls on wifi. If however you make a Cell PHONE call to home or somewhere else you will be charged roaming and calls from the US are billed at 95 cents per minute according to the Sasktel web site. Hope this helps you out.
Thankyou! it does help! now i can use my new iphone 5 and make use of those line apps! Can't wait to get to POP!
Old 09-23-2012, 12:41 PM   #3634
lovethattink
DIS Veteran

I didn't expect to be doing this so soon, but I just made reservations for Pop Century for this weekend to go to the MNSSHP!! We haven't been to the party in 7 years!!
Old 09-23-2012, 02:19 PM   #3635
maxaroni
DIS Veteran

just back 9/15 - 9/22

First time at a value, so obviously first time at Pop. Wanted to thank everyone on this thread for being so helpful with all of the information. I may not post a lot but I read and get lots of tips and thoughts. We were a bit hesitant about staying at a value but we do not stay in the room much at all and DH is not one to hang around a resort that much...especially WDW. He wants to be out and about...no necessarily commando at all, but just out and about. Our "fears", so to speak were unfounded and we loved Pop. When Magical Express pulled into the resort, we were instantly happy and found all CM's to be most helpful. As I said in another post....lots of stress prior to our trip and did not ever get the chance to put in a request for our room. We wound up building 6, 2nd floor. It worked out well as we didn't want ground level and being on the 2nd floor we could use the stairs easily.

People say they hear toilets flushing and all sorts of noises in the values...for us, didn't find anything like I imagined. We slept well, no noises and had a wonderful stay. Mousekeeping was fine, no issues at all.

Again, thank you everyone for so all of the valuable advice.
Old 09-23-2012, 02:23 PM   #3636
lovethattink
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxaroni View Post
First time at a value, so obviously first time at Pop. Wanted to thank everyone on this thread for being so helpful with all of the information. I may not post a lot but I read and get lots of tips and thoughts. We were a bit hesitant about staying at a value but we do not stay in the room much at all and DH is not one to hang around a resort that much...especially WDW. He wants to be out and about...no necessarily commando at all, but just out and about. Our "fears", so to speak were unfounded and we loved Pop. When Magical Express pulled into the resort, we were instantly happy and found all CM's to be most helpful. As I said in another post....lots of stress prior to our trip and did not ever get the chance to put in a request for our room. We wound up building 6, 2nd floor. It worked out well as we didn't want ground level and being on the 2nd floor we could use the stairs easily.

People say they hear toilets flushing and all sorts of noises in the values...for us, didn't find anything like I imagined. We slept well, no noises and had a wonderful stay. Mousekeeping was fine, no issues at all.

Again, thank you everyone for so all of the valuable advice.
Glad you had a great time!

Now that you mention it, this was the first stay at Pop where we did not hear any toilets flushing. I know there were people in both rooms next to us. We also didn't hear anyone above us either.
Old 09-23-2012, 04:06 PM   #3637
Fortune1211
Mouseketeer

Can anyone tell me if the fridges are indeed "regular" refrigerators? We're having groceries delivered and want to make sure that our yogurt and milk will be kept cold enough

Thanks!
Old 09-23-2012, 04:57 PM   #3638
lovethattink
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fortune1211 View Post
Can anyone tell me if the fridges are indeed "regular" refrigerators? We're having groceries delivered and want to make sure that our yogurt and milk will be kept cold enough

Thanks!
They are mini refigerators. The one in our room was configured differently than the ones we've had at the mods. They do keep everything cold enough. No worry there. Just requires some creative organization to get alot in there.

We had a half gallon of milk. I brought back my meal (their plate with a lid on in) from Everything Pop and it totally filled the entire width of the refrig. So we put the rack over top of that.
Old 09-24-2012, 10:07 AM   #3639
yolie912
DIS Veteran

What is the best preferred room/building request at POP?
Thanks!
Old 09-24-2012, 10:27 AM   #3640
Cinderella's slipper
A cross between Cinderella and Winnie the Pooh - "uniquely me"

Counting Down the days

So excited for our first stay at Pop in about 12 days. Just so excited and thankful for this great thread and all the posters.

To everyone planning or counting down, here is some for you!

Linda ~~WDW Commando Club #200
October 1982 offsite -- October 1986 offsite
Many trips in between -POFQ -- Disney World Land & Sea Cruise Poly, Sept 2001 -- POR, Sept 2002 -- Disneyland, Aug 2005 --Shades of Green, Feb 2008 -- Dreams Come True Trip, AKL, Oct 2009 --POFQ, Sept 2011 -- Pop Century, Oct 2012 -- Offsite, March 2014 an all girls trip.
Old 09-24-2012, 10:33 AM   #3641
Valgoof
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinderella's slipper View Post
So excited for our first stay at Pop in about 12 days. Just so excited and thankful for this great thread and all the posters.

I will take some of that countdown pixie dust. 82 days until our first stay at POP!!!!

3 trips as a kid/teen-Offsite Dec 2011-Offsite Dec 2012-Pop Century Feb 2014-OKW Nov 2014-SSR

Old 09-24-2012, 10:48 AM   #3642
KELLY
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinderella's slipper View Post

Thanks! Have a great trip we just came home a few weeks ago. But we booked bounceback. I need a ticker at all times.

Many Trips the past 6 years at pop with free dining!
Me , DH , DD 8 and DD 6
Old 09-24-2012, 11:05 AM   #3643
Sandi
A proud Spartans fan!

Quote:
Originally Posted by yolie912 View Post
What is the best preferred room/building request at POP?
Thanks!
I suggest you take a look at the 2012 resort map here: http://i962.photobucket.com/albums/a...oriesFINAL.jpg

There is also a link to it on the first page of this thread. I think you'll get different answers to your question depending on what different people's preferences are for any particular vacation. I personally always get a standard room and I ask for a lakeview room on the ground floor. I would rather have a quiet room (which I've found lakeview ground floor to be) over a closer location to pools, Classic Hall, and transportation. The best way to figure things out is to look at the map and determine what is important to you. (Note that, on the map for which I've provided a link, the Building Numbers aren't noted. I believe the building number is the first digit in the room number except for the building that starts with a zero. That is building 10. You can't request a particular building with on-line check in, but you can do so if you make a request by phone.)

Old 09-24-2012, 11:32 AM   #3644
jcarwash
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pikester View Post
Wow, you are up to thread #6! I haven't been following along but DH and I will be heading to Pop about a year from now (late Sept or sometime in Oct) so I'm here filled with excitement and ready to read about any changes that have taken place since we stayed there back in 2009.
Welcome back to Pop! First thing that comes to my mind is that all the rooms were refurbished in 2010. So now your Pop room has a privacy curtain for the bathroom area, a flat panel TV, and all the carpeting, painting, and linens were redone at that time. Now there is also an in-room refrigerator as of this year.

WDW: 17 | DLR: 2 | DCL: 2
Next: Aug 2014 DLR
Old 09-24-2012, 11:34 AM   #3645
PhoenixStrength
Waiting for my fairytale!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcarwash

Welcome back to Pop! First thing that comes to my mind is that all the rooms were refurbished in 2010. So now your Pop room has a privacy curtain for the bathroom area, a flat panel TV, and all the carpeting, painting, and linens were redone at that time. Now there is also an in-room refrigerator as of this year.
And free WiFi in the rooms now too!

Heat, humidity and a great Mother/Daughter trip! A May TR

Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: