Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 09-21-2012, 02:32 PM   #3616
Janet B
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Runrmom View Post
Thanks, Janet B and Sandi
You're welcome!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dillydilly View Post
Are the washers and dryers busy? Is there a best time to do laundry? Last time we were at DL (offsite), there were 6 washers and dryers and it was so hard to get one aside from doing it at midnight or getting up at 6am. Any advice? Thank you!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandi View Post
Well, I'm one of those people who gets up and does the laundry at 6:00 a.m. There is rarely anyone else doing laundry at that time. I've only done laundry at Pop once -- at 6:00 while I'm out for a run (sure, I have stinky clothes after that, but I don't want to be breaking into theme park time!). I think there is a sign in the laundry facility that says how long the washers take to do a load, so I can time things well. When I put the stuff in the dryer, I go take a quick shower and get my Coke Zero. Then I'm done!

I noticed that people seem to do laundry while families are swimming. The laundry facilities are right near the pools.
Sandi ... this is exactly what I did in August!! Got up early - hit it at 6:30 am and did two loads of laundry, sat outside near Petals (used the 60s facilities), had my diet coke, my chocolate crossiant (yum!) while I waited. Only 2 others were in there with me. No waiting, and my family had clean clothes for the day!!

dillydilly .... there are 12 dryers and 8 or 9 washers .... this was the 60s one but sure they are all identical. I have also done laundry late at night, again it's not a wait.

Check out the Grooviest FAQ thread here: Pop Century FAQ Thread

TY Kook!
Old 09-21-2012, 05:46 PM   #3617
TheRatPack
Under penalty of law this tag not to be removed except by the tagfairy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by iheartmickey1111 View Post
I am staying at Pop again this year JUST so that it is easier to get to the tie-dye cheesecake. My recommendation? Get it at breakfast and put it in your resort room fridge and then when you get back at night from the parks you have a delightful evening snack waiting for you. ..... I do that each night I'm there. Don't judge me!
LOL....I've never thought of that. Great idea....no judgement here

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-21-2012, 06:39 PM   #3618
love2pugs
Mouseketeer

We have to be up at 2:00 am tomorrow and leave the house by 3:00 am But that will be ok as we will be at WDW & the POP

April 2004-Disney World & Disney Cruise; June 2006 Disney World; August 2009 Disney Cruise; Sept. 2012 Pop Century; Sept. 2014 Disney Cruise

Old 09-21-2012, 07:25 PM   #3619
Sandi
A proud Spartans fan!

Quote:
Originally Posted by love2pugs View Post
We have to be up at 2:00 am tomorrow and leave the house by 3:00 am But that will be ok as we will be at WDW & the POP
Isn't it funny how it's pretty easy to get up early when you're going on vacation? Maybe you shouldn't bother going to bed!

Have a great time!

Old 09-21-2012, 09:45 PM   #3620
Andrea464
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandi

Isn't it funny how it's pretty easy to get up early when you're going on vacation? Maybe you shouldn't bother going to bed!

Have a great time!
Dh laughed at me last time. I can easily hit the snooze button for 45 minutes. My alarm went off at 5am- I jumped up and turned on the lights, said it's time to go to Disney!!!
June 2013: DisneyLand with my family & sister's family!
December 2014: 1st Cruise (Dream) with WDW stay
Old 09-21-2012, 10:37 PM   #3621
lovemesomepooh
Want to be Disney bound

Quote:
Originally Posted by homeschoolmomof4 View Post
There's a couple of ways of doing this. You can call the reservation line if you booked directly through Disney and put in your requests with a Cast Member that way. If you went through a Travel Agent then your TA can put the request in for you. You can also do online check-in, but I'm hearing that occasionally there are problems putting in requests that way. I have a friend who's leaving in the next week and she finally gave up trying to do check-in online and finally called Disney directly because she wasn't getting the special requests pop up. I think probably the best way to go is to speak to a live person. Also there are some requests that aren't options when you check in online and I believe being near a smoking area is one of those options not listed. However, there is a DSA right outside the Classic Hall and if you've requested to be close to Classic Hall, you might be fairly close to that DSA. HTH!
Thank you very much.

Me: 37 Fiance: 36 DD: 8 DS: 6

February 2013 POP SURPRISE TRIP for kids
January/February 2012 POP My kids FIRST trip to Disney!!!
December/January 2000-2001 off site
March 1990 off site
several other times as a child stayed off site
Old 09-21-2012, 10:41 PM   #3622
lovemesomepooh
Want to be Disney bound

thanks Janet B I will look at the map

Me: 37 Fiance: 36 DD: 8 DS: 6

February 2013 POP SURPRISE TRIP for kids
January/February 2012 POP My kids FIRST trip to Disney!!!
December/January 2000-2001 off site
March 1990 off site
several other times as a child stayed off site
Old 09-21-2012, 11:00 PM   #3623
Bobmc27
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by glorania View Post
no way! that's great news! i'm from Canada and our first trip to WDW is coming up Dec 12!!! Woohoo....I have a question re: cell phones and free wifi. i know it costs a fortune if you leave your phone on "roaming" in the US. But my carrier (Sasktel) says as long as there is free wifi you are not charged for its use. (for example, i can use my iphone at the airport on the wifi network without accuring roaming charges)....so i am assuming this is the same at Disney then? It would be great if i could take advantage of the apps that let you know how long the line waits are.

Here's what I was able to find out for you. As Sasktel has told you you will not be charged when using wifi either at MCO or WDW . Remember that using wifi is for internet browsing and calling via skype you can't make regular cell phone calls on wifi. If however you make a Cell PHONE call to home or somewhere else you will be charged roaming and calls from the US are billed at 95 cents per minute according to the Sasktel web site. Hope this helps you out.
Old 09-21-2012, 11:09 PM   #3624
dillydilly
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandi View Post
Well, I'm one of those people who gets up and does the laundry at 6:00 a.m. There is rarely anyone else doing laundry at that time. I've only done laundry at Pop once -- at 6:00 while I'm out for a run (sure, I have stinky clothes after that, but I don't want to be breaking into theme park time!). I think there is a sign in the laundry facility that says how long the washers take to do a load, so I can time things well. When I put the stuff in the dryer, I go take a quick shower and get my Coke Zero. Then I'm done!

I noticed that people seem to do laundry while families are swimming. The laundry facilities are right near the pools.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Janet B View Post

Sandi ... this is exactly what I did in August!! Got up early - hit it at 6:30 am and did two loads of laundry, sat outside near Petals (used the 60s facilities), had my diet coke, my chocolate crossiant (yum!) while I waited. Only 2 others were in there with me. No waiting, and my family had clean clothes for the day!!

dillydilly .... there are 12 dryers and 8 or 9 washers .... this was the 60s one but sure they are all identical. I have also done laundry late at night, again it's not a wait.
Thank you all very much for the info! I have laundry to do for 7 people and this is really helpful!
Old 09-21-2012, 11:12 PM   #3625
dillydilly
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by iheartmickey1111 View Post
I am staying at Pop again this year JUST so that it is easier to get to the tie-dye cheesecake. My recommendation? Get it at breakfast and put it in your resort room fridge and then when you get back at night from the parks you have a delightful evening snack waiting for you. ..... I do that each night I'm there. Don't judge me!
Thanks for the great idea! My dh just loves cheesecake. What a great surprise for him after a long day at the parks.
Old 09-22-2012, 12:38 AM   #3626
tzeitel
Toadi Acceleratio Semper Absurda

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrea464 View Post
We were in one of the 50's buildings. It was great. We were in the end room on the 4th floor, so we only had two neighbors and no overhead noise with minimal outside noise at night. I can't imagine how loud the 1st floor rooms are with pedestrian traffic!
We were in the 60's bulding (right behind Baloo ), on the first floor and we did not hear anyone walking outside our door (or above us) the whole time we were there. I am calling tomorrow to request the same rooms/area - hopefully it will be as quiet as last time.
Old 09-22-2012, 12:56 AM   #3627
HappyGal
DIS Veteran

How can I find out the outdoor movie schedule for September?

Monica
Old 09-22-2012, 05:54 AM   #3628
dansdad
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyGal View Post
How can I find out the outdoor movie schedule for September?
Post #5 on the first page of this thread.
Old 09-22-2012, 08:44 AM   #3629
seadd67
DIS Veteran

Quote:
this is what we are doing next Tuesday for our DL trip, my DS is not sleeping I will try. There nothing like it, the bees in your stomach the night before and the hours up until you leave.
Old 09-22-2012, 02:39 PM   #3630
KELLY
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Have a great trip!!

Many Trips the past 6 years at pop with free dining!
Me , DH , DD 8 and DD 6
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: