Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 09-20-2012, 09:39 PM   #3601
iheartmickey1111
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mhconley View Post
Thanks... I was also thinking that being 3 hours from WDW and by staying at Pop we could visit more often.

Someone mentioned tie-dye cheesecake in another thread. I absolutely looooove cheesecake. I think I'll have to get me some of that.

Martin
I am staying at Pop again this year JUST so that it is easier to get to the tie-dye cheesecake. My recommendation? Get it at breakfast and put it in your resort room fridge and then when you get back at night from the parks you have a delightful evening snack waiting for you. ..... I do that each night I'm there. Don't judge me!

*1997- Disneyland*5/2009-Late Honeymoon at AKL (Army ruined our first one)*10/2011- Pop for the MK 40th Anniversary Celebration, MNSSHP, first SOLO trip!*4/2012- Coronado Springs*9/2012-Pop, MNSSHP, Wild Africa Trek, Haunted 5k Run
Old 09-20-2012, 09:44 PM   #3602
iheartmickey1111
Mouseketeer

Anyone know how late the pools are open this time of year at Pop? With shorter park hours, I see myself being able to actually have time to relax while I am there heehee.

*1997- Disneyland*5/2009-Late Honeymoon at AKL (Army ruined our first one)*10/2011- Pop for the MK 40th Anniversary Celebration, MNSSHP, first SOLO trip!*4/2012- Coronado Springs*9/2012-Pop, MNSSHP, Wild Africa Trek, Haunted 5k Run
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-20-2012, 10:21 PM   #3603
lovemesomepooh
Want to be Disney bound

Jumping aboard. We stayed at POP this past Jan/Feb and have planned our second family trip for this February 2013. Why change a good thing and stay else where right!

Sorry if these questions have been asked and answered but 235+ pages will take me forever to get through.

This time we booked a preferred room. I am wondering how to you go about asking for request?
We want closer to Classic hall and bottom floor and BF wants to be close to a smoking area.

I hope we have nice weather like last year too.

Me: 37 Fiance: 36 DD: 8 DS: 6

February 2013 POP SURPRISE TRIP for kids
January/February 2012 POP My kids FIRST trip to Disney!!!
December/January 2000-2001 off site
March 1990 off site
several other times as a child stayed off site
Old 09-21-2012, 06:03 AM   #3604
homeschoolmomof4
Keep moving forward

Quote:
Originally Posted by erincon23 View Post
Have you all been following the American Airlines issues? That's what we're taking in just over two weeks! The pilot's union is looking at a possible strike! Just what I needed, something else to make me crazy.
That just stinks! I had no idea this was going on! Does that mean you'll be refunded your money? Have you started looking at alternate flights? How stressful!

Pop Century January 2015 Pop Century December 2013 Pop Century October 2012 Pop Century December 2011 Pop Century December 2010 Contemporary March 2010-Parents only trip!! Pop Century December 2009 Pop Century January 2009 Wilderness Lodge January 2008 Wilderness Lodge February 2007 Contemporary February 2005

Old 09-21-2012, 06:04 AM   #3605
homeschoolmomof4
Keep moving forward

Quote:
Originally Posted by apress View Post
Here at Pop now, everything is great and are room was ready when we arrived at 10:30. Got all of our requests too.
Yay!! Hope you're having a great time!!

Pop Century January 2015 Pop Century December 2013 Pop Century October 2012 Pop Century December 2011 Pop Century December 2010 Contemporary March 2010-Parents only trip!! Pop Century December 2009 Pop Century January 2009 Wilderness Lodge January 2008 Wilderness Lodge February 2007 Contemporary February 2005

Old 09-21-2012, 06:10 AM   #3606
homeschoolmomof4
Keep moving forward

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovethattink View Post
The Greek salad is no longer on the menu. A build your own salad is. A tiny garden salad is in the refrig section too.
That's awesome that they're doing the build your own now! I live on salads in the World!

Quote:
Originally Posted by iheartmickey1111 View Post
I am staying at Pop again this year JUST so that it is easier to get to the tie-dye cheesecake. My recommendation? Get it at breakfast and put it in your resort room fridge and then when you get back at night from the parks you have a delightful evening snack waiting for you. ..... I do that each night I'm there. Don't judge me!
No judgement here!! I'm going to try your strategy with the King Cupcake. I keep hearing that they run out of them, so I'll get one in the morning and stash it in the fridge so I can try it later in the evening. Yum!

Old 09-21-2012, 06:20 AM   #3607
homeschoolmomof4
Keep moving forward

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovemesomepooh View Post
Jumping aboard. We stayed at POP this past Jan/Feb and have planned our second family trip for this February 2013. Why change a good thing and stay else where right!

Sorry if these questions have been asked and answered but 235+ pages will take me forever to get through.

This time we booked a preferred room. I am wondering how to you go about asking for request?
We want closer to Classic hall and bottom floor and BF wants to be close to a smoking area.

I hope we have nice weather like last year too.
There's a couple of ways of doing this. You can call the reservation line if you booked directly through Disney and put in your requests with a Cast Member that way. If you went through a Travel Agent then your TA can put the request in for you. You can also do online check-in, but I'm hearing that occasionally there are problems putting in requests that way. I have a friend who's leaving in the next week and she finally gave up trying to do check-in online and finally called Disney directly because she wasn't getting the special requests pop up. I think probably the best way to go is to speak to a live person. Also there are some requests that aren't options when you check in online and I believe being near a smoking area is one of those options not listed. However, there is a DSA right outside the Classic Hall and if you've requested to be close to Classic Hall, you might be fairly close to that DSA. HTH!

Old 09-21-2012, 06:26 AM   #3608
Mom2Cody06
DIS Veteran

Question - if I call and add my requests to my reservation, ie King Bed, higher floor, and then do online check in do my requests still stay attached to my reservation?

DCL , 4 day cruise 9/7-9/11/2008
WDW All Star Sports 9/11-9/14/2008
WDW POR 9/11-9/18/2011
WDW POP 12/3-12/8/2012 (10th wedding anniversary)
WDW POR 9/22-9/28/2013

Old 09-21-2012, 08:31 AM   #3609
Janet B
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovemesomepooh View Post

As homeschoolmomof4 suggests, call Disney directly and speak with a CM to have your request(s) noted (if you booked directly with Disney).

Preferred area choices are 50s, 60s, 70s ... of those areas ... 50s has a DSA area (near the fork to bdg 1 & 3, by the doghouse) and there is a DSA near the 70s area -- located at the far end of Classic Hall, close to the former Goofy POP jets area.

Please note: The two DSAs indicated on the map outside CLassic Hall and Petals Bar area are no more. Disney has made these areas non-smoking.

If you haven't already, review the 2012 map, you will be able to see the preferred areas (highlighted in yellow).

Really all of the preferred areas are very good, it's more of a preference for theming. You could request bldg 10 or 6 (70s) which is very convenient to Classic Hall and the DSA area and busing. Bldg 5 (60s) is good too). Bldg 1 (50s) you would be close and have the DSA nearby.

Quote:
Originally Posted by homeschoolmomof4 View Post
No judgement here!! I'm going to try your strategy with the King Cupcake. I keep hearing that they run out of them, so I'll get one in the morning and stash it in the fridge so I can try it later in the evening. Yum!
We did this in August ... as twice I tried to buy one towards the end of the day, so I went early one AM and saved it to later. As mentioned before, the KING is a snack credit on the DP.

Quote:
Originally Posted by iheartmickey1111 View Post
No judging here!! You're a good strategist!

Check out the Grooviest FAQ thread here: Pop Century FAQ Thread

TY Kook!
Old 09-21-2012, 08:48 AM   #3610
Janet B
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by love2pugs View Post
2 days and we will be at the POP
Enjoy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by apress View Post
Here at Pop now, everything is great and are room was ready when we arrived at 10:30. Got all of our requests too.
Yay for plenty of

Quote:
Originally Posted by mhconley View Post
Thanks... I was also thinking that being 3 hours from WDW and by staying at Pop we could visit more often.

Someone mentioned tie-dye cheesecake in another thread. I absolutely looooove cheesecake. I think I'll have to get me some of that.

Martin
Let's see, and not to leave out the the KING cupcake, and the chocolate cake with chocolate frosting with Mickey heads (my DD loves the cake)

and one of my all time favorites ... the chocolate croissants!!! I had one of these almost every morning .... bad I know but I figure I can just walk it off, there's a little of that in WDW.

Quote:
Originally Posted by raraavis View Post
i got my mickey mail!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:
The very BEST mail to receive!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Runrmom View Post
DH, DD4 and DD1 are going to Pop for the 1st time in Feb!! It's our 1st time staying on property and we can't wait!! I know this is a silly question, but are the washers/dryers coin operated? I'm assuming they only take quarters? Thanks!
I know Sandi answered you, just wanted to add they are situated in the 50s, 60s, 80s/90s areas by the pools ...it's $2.00 a pop ....Bring your own detergent to save a little $$.

Quote:
Originally Posted by erincon23 View Post
Have you all been following the American Airlines issues? That's what we're taking in just over two weeks! The pilot's union is looking at a possible strike! Just what I needed, something else to make me crazy.
Erin, do hope they resolve the issues to prevent a strike .. suggest for you to not even go there ... just keep thinking it WILL work out.

Check out the Grooviest FAQ thread here: Pop Century FAQ Thread

TY Kook!
Old 09-21-2012, 11:26 AM   #3611
Runrmom
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janet B

I know Sandi answered you, just wanted to add they are situated in the 50s, 60s, 80s/90s areas by the pools ...it's $2.00 a pop ....Bring your own detergent to save a little $$.)
Thanks, Janet B and Sandi
Old 09-21-2012, 11:55 AM   #3612
RapunzelsBFF
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mom2Cody06 View Post
Question - if I call and add my requests to my reservation, ie King Bed, higher floor, and then do online check in do my requests still stay attached to my reservation?
I was actually wondering the same thing. I have never done the online check in before but I was considering trying it for my upcoming trip. However, I have made some requests already. Not sure how that would work out!
Old 09-21-2012, 12:00 PM   #3613
PhoenixStrength
Waiting for my fairytale!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RapunzelsBFF

I was actually wondering the same thing. I have never done the online check in before but I was considering trying it for my upcoming trip. However, I have made some requests already. Not sure how that would work out!
Mine did in February. I made similar requests when I did online checkin to the ones I had made on the phone when I booked, but one of them wasn't an option. The CM when I checked in remarked how lucky I was to get all 3 of my requests (only 2 can be done when you checkin online), so they had to still be there. I don't know how easily they are seen or if it changes anything when you do online checkin, but I know my 3 that I made on the phone were all still on there.

Heat, humidity and a great Mother/Daughter trip! A May TR

Old 09-21-2012, 12:56 PM   #3614
dillydilly
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandi View Post
You are correct Runrmom. Quarters for the washers and dryers.
Are the washers and dryers busy? Is there a best time to do laundry? Last time we were at DL (offsite), there were 6 washers and dryers and it was so hard to get one aside from doing it at midnight or getting up at 6am. Any advice? Thank you!
Old 09-21-2012, 01:08 PM   #3615
Sandi
A proud Spartans fan!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dillydilly View Post
Are the washers and dryers busy? Is there a best time to do laundry? Last time we were at DL (offsite), there were 6 washers and dryers and it was so hard to get one aside from doing it at midnight or getting up at 6am. Any advice? Thank you!
Well, I'm one of those people who gets up and does the laundry at 6:00 a.m. There is rarely anyone else doing laundry at that time. I've only done laundry at Pop once -- at 6:00 while I'm out for a run (sure, I have stinky clothes after that, but I don't want to be breaking into theme park time!). I think there is a sign in the laundry facility that says how long the washers take to do a load, so I can time things well. When I put the stuff in the dryer, I go take a quick shower and get my Coke Zero. Then I'm done!

I noticed that people seem to do laundry while families are swimming. The laundry facilities are right near the pools.

Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: