Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 08-25-2012, 12:02 PM   #2956
ronfin
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dancing Queen View Post
Have a great trip!

Thanks! I'm gonna try to put pictures up daily from Pop, and discuss wifi conditions throughout the park(s). I took a Virgin Mobile Mifi along with me too as a backup. Lets see which one works the best.
Old 08-25-2012, 12:10 PM   #2957
DonnaBoo
DIS Veteran

WhooHoo
We're leaving today! A few more hours we'll be on our way in a plane to POP. We'll arrive at the airport at midnight. Can hardly wait to get there.

Disney Trip#1 2006 Disney Wedding Disneymoon Dec2008 Halloween1 Sept2009 Halloween2 Sept2011 Halloween3/Universal Studios Sept2012
Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, martini in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming 'WOO HOO. what a ride!
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-25-2012, 12:36 PM   #2958
Crazy Kanga
DIS Veteran

Yay for all of you on your way or who are there now. We'll be on our way in 5 days! Have fun everyone! Check in and let us know how things are going. Can't wait to get there too!
Old 08-25-2012, 01:05 PM   #2959
kerstfan1
DIS Veteran

ty all for the help with the resort pain medicines sales turns out i needed a root canal
Old 08-25-2012, 02:14 PM   #2960
trekker93
DIS Veteran

Smile have fun!

Just wanted to say to have fun , rain go away! We will be down there in2weeks to stay at Pop also!

1978(offsite),1984offsite,1990(DixieLandings),2004 ,2005,2006-off site,2007(POP),2008(POP),2009(POP),2010(Sept)-Pop Century,2011Sept.POPCentury,All Star Music - July 2012, Sept2012 POP, May 2013-POP,Sept2013 - POP
Next TRIP:POP Century - Sept.2014
Old 08-25-2012, 02:28 PM   #2961
trekker93
DIS Veteran

Smile have fun!

Just wanted to say to have fun , rain go away! We will be down there in2weeks to stay at Pop also!

1978(offsite),1984offsite,1990(DixieLandings),2004 ,2005,2006-off site,2007(POP),2008(POP),2009(POP),2010(Sept)-Pop Century,2011Sept.POPCentury,All Star Music - July 2012, Sept2012 POP, May 2013-POP,Sept2013 - POP
Next TRIP:POP Century - Sept.2014
Old 08-25-2012, 03:59 PM   #2962
DisneyFaeriePrincess
Chocolate and Mickey, what else could be better.

To everyone who's heading down there...HAVE FUN!!!!! And don't worry a hurricane in Disney World is still better than a sunny day at home! We're leaving and 2 weeks and I'm so excited!! I only have 6 more work days to go!!
'95=Port Orleans '96=OKW '97=OKW '98=OKW in Jan. with Nonna and Grandma and OKW in summer '99=OKW and New Years trip '00=OKW '01=7 day Disney Cruise on the Magic and a week at Boardwalk '02=My bandtrip to WDW in May(off property) and OKW in the summer '03=OKW in the summer and for New Years '04=7 day Disney Cruise on the Magic and a day trip to Downtown Disney '05=OKW in the summer and AKL for New Years '06=My brother's bandtrip to WDW in May and OKW in the summer '07=OKW '08=OKW '09=Pop Century for DBF's first WDW trip'10=Disneyland with the family and Pop Century with DBF for my birthday '11=AKL and DCL for our honeymoon'12=Pop Century for my birthday our 1 year wedding anniversary '13=OKW with the whole family!! '13=OKW for Christmas decorations! '14=Pop for anniversary and birthday trip
Me DH Rajah

Old 08-25-2012, 04:13 PM   #2963
smitch425
DIS Veteran

This is an oddball request, but if anyone is at POP right now (or going soon) and has a chance to check out the shadowboxes in the lobby, could you please confirm that there are still Power Rangers in the 90s area? DS has become a HUGE fan, and I want to video him discovering them in the box when we check in. Only 62 more days!
Old 08-25-2012, 05:02 PM   #2964
ronfin
Mouseketeer

On the Magic Express right now.
2012 Trip Report: Entry #1
2012 Trip Report: Entry #2
2012 Trip Report: Entry #3

Like pictures of Disney? Check-out my Flickr by clicking HERE.
Old 08-25-2012, 05:44 PM   #2965
WDGPCFR
WDGPCFR

Trip Report

Just got back from six nights at Pop Century. Other than typical Florida weather and an overly nervous teen flyer it was a nice trip. The travel portion was made so easy by Disney it was a pleasure. Drop your bags at the airport and donít touch them except to bring them back to the check-in at the end of the trip.
Our package included room, tickets and Quick Service meal plan. The resort was very nice, especially for little kids. I expected the icons to be a little cheesy but they werenít. My wife had low expectations of the resort and now wants to go back. The only ďissueĒ I had was that portions of the resort were overgrown. The courtyard of the 70ís building had trees and vegetation so tall that you couldnít see the buildings and icons. They were well maintained but too tall.
Now to address some of the talking points everyone else does. The rooms at PoP are a little smaller but our family of four had no problems moving about in it. We found the beds comfortable but on the smaller side. They looked smaller than doubles. The bathroom again is on the smaller side, I had to step around the toilet to shut the door. Once you were in it was plenty big enough. Maid service was good but we didnít get any towel animals until we requested them, then only once. If you want them, request them.
The resort is spread out but not difficult to get around. My daughter and I walked most of it one night and it didnít take long. Our room was on the third floor of the 70ís and it was maybe a five minute walk to the food court or the buses. I think the end buildings would probably be better for those who drove and plan on driving while there. The food court gave ample selections and the amount of food given was more than sufficient. We were worried about our daughter being on the kids meal plan but she had enough variety and enough to eat. She did eat off others plates a couple of times but she would have done that anyway.
We found bus service to be good. I donít think we waited for more than fifteen minutes at the resort for a bus. At the parks our wait was at most five minutes. The bus trip to the parks is less than ten minutes except for Magic Kingdom which is about fifteen minutes. The PoP bus stop at the parks is one of the further stops but it isnít that far. Of course this is subjective because if you have a problem walking it could seem very far.
The staff for the most part was pleasant as is expected at Disney. The only person we had an issue with was the woman at the front desk at check in. We didnít get any of our requests so we asked for a room change. You would think this was a major inconvenience. Eventually she got on the phone with someone and after five minutes, with a look on her face, she told us there were no lake view rooms available. After seeing the view of the lake it wasnít a big deal. Art of Animation isnít that great to look at from a distance. They get the better view across the lake at PoP.
Park crowds were moderate. Like always it is the silly rides that have the longest lines. We found that peoples manners were the most annoying part. People will stop in the middle of a pathway to figure out what they are doing. Others are pushing strollers through the crowd at mach 1 with little regard for other around them. A new trend we saw was people waiting in line and then the rest of the family cutting through to join up. Hope this helps those thinking about Pop Century.

Didn't see any Power Rangers stuff in the lobby.
Old 08-25-2012, 09:37 PM   #2966
TwiddleDeeTwiddleDum
Or was that Tweedle Dee & Tweedle Dum? I think my name is plenty long enough!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SenecaWolf View Post
Oh I am soooo totally copying that next year! That is the cutest ever!! Love the Team August LGMH's ya got there
Yeah, I was soooo glad to get that LGMH from the August thread where YOU posted them Thanks again for making them
I guess you're just going to have to make me new ones when we go back in 2 years so I can have a team Aug 2014

I had one other early August person notice my LGMH on my purse riding the bus to MK our first day & we had a nice chat riding to MK. I was hoping for others but we were there earlier in the month and maybe missed many that were posting on the Aug. thread. I think you will see many of them now that FD has started.

Do copy the streamers, JavArmy was the one who got me started on them, it was so much fun to make.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JavArmy View Post
Those look wonderful!! I like the little peace signs that you had on the mickey heads Did you laminate them?
Thanks, I saw those little peace signs at the dollar store and thought they'd look nice on my Mickey heads so I just applied them on my "finished" mouse heads. THey were glittery sparkly pretty and I thought it made a fun touch, especially staying at POP.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRatPack View Post
Every morning when we'd leave the room I had to clean my camera lens......boy it's humid in Florida. Many of my morning pictures, walking to the buses or food court look 'frosted' because the lens was foggy LOL

Yes, I had several of my photos look that way when we were hurrying in the morning to catch a bus - it was one HOT early August in FL.

Last year when we were there they had pink, turquoise, black and yellow. I think this is the first year that we've gotten colored lids though. Our 'Celebrate Today' cups (red ones) they only had dark red lids....maybe black too? Our blue 2007 Christmas looking ones only had blue lids. I wish they'd come out with some pretty Halloween or fall themed ones. We don't have any that are fall themed.
I know, I wish I had just bought another pink one. I use my mugs on my drives to work all the time. Love my WDW mugs

Side note, I don't know how my pics resized down after I posted, all but 1 It'll be interesting to see how they come out for my TR. I'm going to work on that soon now that I finished my photo pass book on line. Can't wait for that to get delivered

POFQ 2001 ASMovies 2003 CSR 2003 CBR 2004 with Hurricane Francis!
Swan 2005 ASsports 2008 ASMusic 2010 www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2531836
Old 08-25-2012, 11:29 PM   #2967
ronfin
Mouseketeer

Late night snack!

Old 08-25-2012, 11:31 PM   #2968
ronfin
Mouseketeer

http://img594.imageshack.us/i/imageumf.jpg/

Old 08-25-2012, 11:50 PM   #2969
smitch425
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronfin View Post
Yum! If you happen to visit the lobby, I would love to know if there are still Power Rangers in one of the shadow boxes. They would be in the upper right corner. Here is the pic that I found online showing where they were/are...

http://m.flickr.com/photos/63982721@...n/photostream/

Have an awesome time! I look forward to reading your realtime reports!
Old 08-26-2012, 12:11 AM   #2970
millerette
My prince is SoundGuy

SoundGuy and I are on our way tomorrow with our DD! We leave for our airport in 6 hours!! So excited and ready to spend 8 days at the World!
We will be proudly wearing our LGMs with our screen names on them. If you see us say hi. We would love to meet fellow Disers. :0)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: