Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-06-2012, 02:37 PM   #121
204charity
DIS Veteran

Awesome MK day Dave! You guys packed in alot of attractions. I am glad your DW and you are so flexible with separating during your holiday. Some people just refuse to do that "It's a FAMILY trip - we have to stay together...." This type of thinking completely backfires for most, because everyone is not getting what they want/need when they want/need it and inevitably someone has a meltdown or gets miserable with someone. We are very flexible when we travel and I think this is why we all travel so well together. (not just my parents and I, but also my husband and I)

Now, question for you - if you were not staying at the Poly, where your wife only had a quick monorail ride back to the hotel - do you think you and DW would have separated? I'm just thinking ahead for when DH and I take the kids, we won't be at a monorail resort likely. Looking like maybe AK (Renting DVC points for CHEAP) or PopCentury.

Oh, and good on ya for typing it all out right when you came home. I am typing still one day at a time, and I am starting to forget details already!! OH NO!!!
April, 2012 -Disney's Polynesian Resort
November, 2012 - Barcelo Maya Palace, Mayan Riviera, Mexico

Our Poly Dream Vacation - April, 2012 Trip Report
My Parents Gave US the World - A Poly Dream PTR
Old 05-06-2012, 03:11 PM   #122
DaveinFallsChurch
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by 204charity View Post
Now, question for you - if you were not staying at the Poly, where your wife only had a quick monorail ride back to the hotel - do you think you and DW would have separated? I'm just thinking ahead for when DH and I take the kids, we won't be at a monorail resort likely. Looking like maybe AK (Renting DVC points for CHEAP) or PopCentury.

Oh, and good on ya for typing it all out right when you came home. I am typing still one day at a time, and I am starting to forget details already!! OH NO!!!
Thanks Charity! Yes, we would have still split up even if we weren't on the monorail. Actually, our previous trip we were staying at Saratoga Springs and we split up a couple of times for DS naptimes. We either used the bus or drove the rental minivan back to the resort.

I think we will be staying at AKL next time too.

Don't Fear the Rain, We have the Ducky of Death! - Jan '14 Trip Report
Discovering A Whole New World of Disney - An October Photo Safari 2013: Trip Report /PTR
A Winter Escape to the Enchanted Forest - January 2013 Trip Report/PTR
A Solo Trip to Disneyland 28 years in the Making! A Trip Report for October 16 and 17th, 2012
Our First Magical Poly Vacation! April 14-21, 2012 - Trip Report/ Live Report/ PTR

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-06-2012, 03:20 PM   #123
Zuzu03
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveinFallsChurch View Post
Oh how I wish!

I need to time this perfectly because if I bring up another Disney trip idea too soon, it could backfire with DW
Yup, I hear you! DH is the same way. I always tread carefully when I want to plan a trip!
Old 05-06-2012, 10:35 PM   #124
jennyjinx3
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I know, it made me happy to see this because a) it means she enjoyed Disney and is trying to extend that feeling as long as she can, and b) that I'm successfully turning her into a Disney fan like myself!
Yes... brainwashing commencing!! Insert maniacal laugh!!
Old 05-06-2012, 10:49 PM   #125
204charity
DIS Veteran

Our DD has cried many a night since returning from our trip. All she wants to do is go back!
April, 2012 -Disney's Polynesian Resort
November, 2012 - Barcelo Maya Palace, Mayan Riviera, Mexico

Our Poly Dream Vacation - April, 2012 Trip Report
My Parents Gave US the World - A Poly Dream PTR
Old 05-07-2012, 07:16 AM   #126
DaveinFallsChurch
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jennyjinx3 View Post
Yes... brainwashing commencing!! Insert maniacal laugh!!
Love it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 204charity View Post
Our DD has cried many a night since returning from our trip. All she wants to do is go back!
Another reason to go back sooner, right?

Discovering A Whole New World of Disney - An October Photo Safari 2013: Trip Report /PTR
A Solo Trip to Disneyland 28 years in the Making! A Trip Report for October 16 and 17th, 2012
Our First Magical Poly Vacation! April 14-21, 2012 - Trip Report/ Live Report/ PTR

Old 05-07-2012, 09:00 AM   #127
HalloweenNut
Rapidly becoming obsessive about all things Disney!

Great updates!! We were there a week later than you and I thought the crowds were about as expected other than our last day in Epcot which was really packed with the cheerleading crowds and having been switched to an evening EMH.

Our DD started re-packing her carry-on bag the same day we got home and even went so far as to borrow a couple extra yellow magic express tags to attach to it. She even put up a room number sign on her bedroom door. I think she likes this staying in resorts!!

Pirates, Jedi & Characters, Oh My! (aka... an excess of planning pays off!) An April 2012 Trip Report at the Polynesian
Old 05-07-2012, 09:12 AM   #128
DaveinFallsChurch
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by HalloweenNut View Post
Great updates!! We were there a week later than you and I thought the crowds were about as expected other than our last day in Epcot which was really packed with the cheerleading crowds and having been switched to an evening EMH.

Our DD started re-packing her carry-on bag the same day we got home and even went so far as to borrow a couple extra yellow magic express tags to attach to it. She even put up a room number sign on her bedroom door. I think she likes this staying in resorts!!
Isn't it funny how kids can cope with Disney withdrawals in such creative ways?

Old 05-07-2012, 01:49 PM   #129
DaveinFallsChurch
DIS Veteran

My brand new camera just arrived in the mail today!!! Charging the battery right now - can't wait to try it. Found a great deal for Canon EOS Rebel T2i!

Old 05-07-2012, 07:04 PM   #130
Zuzu03
DIS Veteran

Quote:
My brand new camera just arrived in the mail today!!! Charging the battery right now - can't wait to try it. Found a great deal for Canon EOS Rebel T2i!
Congratulations!!!! You'll have fun practicing with it and will be an ol' pro for your next trip!!!!
Old 05-07-2012, 07:15 PM   #131
DaveinFallsChurch
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zuzu03 View Post
Congratulations!!!! You'll have fun practicing with it and will be an ol' pro for your next trip!!!!
Thanks! I've been playing with the camera this afternoon and now I want a second lens!!

I'm taking the kids to San Diego in June by myself and my parents are going to meet us there. (DW couldn't get the time off) So I'm excited about trying out the camera during that trip!

Old 05-07-2012, 07:35 PM   #132
Zuzu03
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Thanks! I've been playing with the camera this afternoon and now I want a second lens!!

I'm taking the kids to San Diego in June by myself and my parents are going to meet us there. (DW couldn't get the time off) So I'm excited about trying out the camera during that trip!
Oh, that's awesome! Sounds like fun!!! Please post some pics when you get back!!! Even though it's not Disney, we'd love to see them.
Old 05-07-2012, 07:57 PM   #133
DaveinFallsChurch
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zuzu03 View Post
Oh, that's awesome! Sounds like fun!!! Please post some pics when you get back!!! Even though it's not Disney, we'd love to see them.
Definitely will do that! If I survive the 5 hour plus plane trip with the two kids by myself. I'm going to have to pull out all the tricks and stops to keep them entertained.

Old 05-07-2012, 07:59 PM   #134
Zuzu03
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Definitely will do that! If I survive the 5 hour plus plane trip with the two kids by myself. I'm going to have to pull out all the tricks and stops to keep them entertained.
Oh dear! Yup, I remember those days!
Old 05-08-2012, 08:45 AM   #135
HalloweenNut
Rapidly becoming obsessive about all things Disney!

Quote:
Congrats on the new camera! I know our new camera made such a difference on our trip. Even though I was still trying to figure out all the settings (and still am!) it took so much better pics than our old camera. And being able to switch between still and HD video at the touch of a button was great. Looking forward to seeing some of your new pics.

Pirates, Jedi & Characters, Oh My! (aka... an excess of planning pays off!) An April 2012 Trip Report at the Polynesian

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: