Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-27-2012, 07:00 PM   #301
solana131
DIS Veteran

So sad to see the end of your trip....it is one of my favorite TRs going right now Glad you guys had a fun last day and the rain held off for you. We had a wedding party next to us on our last few minutes in the GCH too. Then we got overrun by the hula lessons and had to leave our comfy couches.

Hope you have a great time at Disneyland! Will try to follow along on your PTR

Feb'12 TR: How do I go back to a world that doesn't have fireworks every night?
July'12 TR: July 2012. Yes it was hot. Yes it was crowded. Yes it was FUN!
August'13 TR: Mom...am I supposed to have shoes on??
Old 06-27-2012, 08:01 PM   #302
DaveinFallsChurch
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by solana131 View Post
So sad to see the end of your trip....it is one of my favorite TRs going right now Glad you guys had a fun last day and the rain held off for you. We had a wedding party next to us on our last few minutes in the GCH too. Then we got overrun by the hula lessons and had to leave our comfy couches.

Hope you have a great time at Disneyland! Will try to follow along on your PTR
Thanks for following along! The weather on our last day worked our perfectly for us. I'm going to have to find a way to keep my PTR fresh and interesting since I'm still over 3 months out!

All We Want Is To Spend Halloween with Mickey! October 2014 PTR with MiniTRs to Disney Cali Adventure, Oahu, San Diego, and Vegas
Don't Fear the Rain, We have the Ducky of Death! - Jan '14 Trip Report
Discovering A Whole New World of Disney - An October Photo Safari 2013: Trip Report /PTR
A Winter Escape to the Enchanted Forest - January 2013 Trip Report/PTR
A Solo Trip to Disneyland 28 years in the Making! A Trip Report for October 16 and 17th, 2012
Our First Magical Poly Vacation! April 14-21, 2012 - Trip Report/ Live Report/ PTR

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-28-2012, 08:56 AM   #303
pwdebbie
DIS Veteran

I enjoyed your trip report! Thanks for sharing.
Old 06-28-2012, 12:59 PM   #304
PrincessShea
Always planning...

I just read this whole report in one sitting, and I don't even know where to begin...the Poly, the surprise cruise, the dessert party, the sunrise, all the perfectly planned ADRs...truly magical

All your planning seems to have paid off

June 12, 2009
SeaBreeze Point|Bluezoo|Morocco
Wedding PJ & TR

Old 06-28-2012, 03:21 PM   #305
DaveinFallsChurch
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by pwdebbie View Post
I enjoyed your trip report! Thanks for sharing.
Thanks for following!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessShea View Post
I just read this whole report in one sitting, and I don't even know where to begin...the Poly, the surprise cruise, the dessert party, the sunrise, all the perfectly planned ADRs...truly magical

All your planning seems to have paid off
Thank you! The more I have had time to think about the trip, the more I've been happy with it - it seems like everything went according to plan even when things weren't! We had an absolutely wonderful time and really sets the bar high for our next trip.

All We Want Is To Spend Halloween with Mickey! October 2014 PTR with MiniTRs to Disney Cali Adventure, Oahu, San Diego, and Vegas
Discovering A Whole New World of Disney - An October Photo Safari 2013: Trip Report /PTR
A Solo Trip to Disneyland 28 years in the Making! A Trip Report for October 16 and 17th, 2012
Our First Magical Poly Vacation! April 14-21, 2012 - Trip Report/ Live Report/ PTR

Old 06-29-2012, 08:03 PM   #306
auprincess
DIS Veteran

Love the TR,Dave! Glad you had a magical trip!! Have a great time at Disneyland!

Oh, Eeyore signed our books at CP, too.
April 2012 Polynesion
Old 06-29-2012, 08:10 PM   #307
DaveinFallsChurch
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by auprincess View Post
Love the TR,Dave! Glad you had a magical trip!! Have a great time at Disneyland!

Oh, Eeyore signed our books at CP, too.
Thanks for following!! I've started my PTR (down on my sig) for Disneyland so hope you swing by!

Old 07-01-2012, 06:46 PM   #308
Zuzu03
DIS Veteran

Wow, what a great ending to a fabulous TR!!! I love that you spent your last day at MK and got to do so much! Nice job too scoring CP for lunch! I'm so glad you all had a good time all the way up to the end. You know I'll be following on your PTR for Disneyland!!! Thank you for a super TR!!!!
Old 09-02-2012, 09:42 PM   #309
khertz
Proud member of the WHO DAT NATION!!

Popped over here from my DL TR and read the whole thing in one day, which is pretty good considering I was home with DS all day!! Really enjoyed your adventures with your family, seems like y'all had an amazing trip. I'll bookmark your PTR for reading tomorrow. I really look forward to your TR and seeing how IASW and HM look with the holiday overlay! HM just went down for the overlay to be put in place this past Monday, our last day in the parks. Hopefully one day we will get to see it in place!
JULY 1994 // Offsite & Universal Studios & Busch Gardens | APRIL 1998 // All Star Music & Universal Studios |FEBRUARY 2001 // All Star Music & Universal | MARCH 2003 // All Star Music & Universal // Hard Rock Hotel | FEBRUARY 2004 // All Star Music & Universal // Royal Pacific & Sea World | OCTOBER 2007 (Disneymoon!) // Port Orleans French Quarter & Universal Studios // Royal Pacific | DECEMBER 2009 // Wyndham Bonnet Creek PTR/ TR | JULY/AUGUST 2010 // Wyndham Cypress Palms TR | NOVEMBER 2011 // Wyndham Bonnet Creek PTR/TR | MAY 2012 // Disneyland // Wyndham Dolphin's Cove TR | AUGUST 2012 // Disneyland 5 Year Anniversary Trip // Peacock Suites TR | OCTOBER 2012 // Wyndham Bonnet Creek PTR/TR | OCTOBER 2013 // Wyndham Bonnet Creek & Universal // Royal Pacific PTR/TR | MAY 2014 // Wilderness Lodge TR | SEPTEMBER 2014 // ABD DIS Exclusive Viva Italia & Disneyland Paris Show No Fear! DIS Exclusive Viva Italia + DLP Sept 2014
Old 09-03-2012, 07:49 AM   #310
DaveinFallsChurch
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by khertz View Post
Popped over here from my DL TR and read the whole thing in one day, which is pretty good considering I was home with DS all day!! Really enjoyed your adventures with your family, seems like y'all had an amazing trip. I'll bookmark your PTR for reading tomorrow. I really look forward to your TR and seeing how IASW and HM look with the holiday overlay! HM just went down for the overlay to be put in place this past Monday, our last day in the parks. Hopefully one day we will get to see it in place!
Thank you!! Your posting gave me a reason to read through my TR again and relive our wonderful time at Disney!

It just so happens that yesterday I found out about a "perfectly placed" student holiday for DD on a Monday and Tuesday during the last week of January. When discussing options about what we should do for that long weekend with DW, WDW was mentioned (probably by me ) and DW thought that would be fun! So now I'm starting to explore pricing options and compare with some other destinations we have in mind. But as of now, it looks like a very strong possibility that we will end up in WDW for that weekend!

Old 09-04-2012, 09:35 PM   #311
auprincess
DIS Veteran

Back to WDW already!! I'm jealous ~ I've been staying away from the DIS a bit, b/c our next trip is soooooooooooo farrrrrrrrr (said in my best whiny voice).

We've been at the end of January ~ great time to go!! I know the weather is very unpredictable, but we even had a day or two of swimming and nice, low crowds! Have fun!
April 2012 Polynesion
Old 09-05-2012, 06:04 PM   #312
DaveinFallsChurch
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by auprincess
Back to WDW already!! I'm jealous ~ I've been staying away from the DIS a bit, b/c our next trip is soooooooooooo farrrrrrrrr (said in my best whiny voice).

We've been at the end of January ~ great time to go!! I know the weather is very unpredictable, but we even had a day or two of swimming and nice, low crowds! Have fun!
Yeah, I wasn't expecting to go back so soon either, but absolutely no complaints here! We tried the last week of January in 2011 and loved the low crowds. And even with the unpredictable weather, it'll still be warmer than home

Old 09-08-2012, 07:11 PM   #313
204charity
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by auprincess View Post

We are considering November 2013/January 2014 for our next DW vacation. Thinking that no matter what, anything is warmer than -35 like here in Manitoba! LOL
April, 2012 -Disney's Polynesian Resort
November, 2012 - Barcelo Maya Palace, Mayan Riviera, Mexico
November, 2014 - Paradisus La Esmeralda, Playa Del Carmen, Mexico

Our Poly Dream Vacation - April, 2012 Trip Report
My Parents Gave US the World - A Poly Dream PTR

Old 01-26-2013, 07:16 PM   #314
jenniferreich
Mouseketeer

Hi! I feel so lucky having seen your trip report link on your new pre-trip report! I'm enjoying reading it so much, and it sounds like you had a wonderful, magical vacation! Thanks for sharing it! I hope you're having a great day! Jennifer
Old 02-02-2013, 05:45 PM   #315
DaveinFallsChurch
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenniferreich View Post
Hi! I feel so lucky having seen your trip report link on your new pre-trip report! I'm enjoying reading it so much, and it sounds like you had a wonderful, magical vacation! Thanks for sharing it! I hope you're having a great day! Jennifer
Thank you so much Jennifer. Even after all these months, I still have vivid memories from this particular trip. During our trip last week, everytime the Resort Monorail stopped at Poly it brought back fond memories. I'm happy to hear that some of my DIS friends are still getting a chance to read the TR!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: