Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-02-2013, 06:32 AM   #16
reelmom
If I don't get tagged, I am gonna hold my breath until I am blue!
Didn't work. The tag turned blue instead!

I am really looking forward to reading more. We are thinking about stopping for a night in Lake City as well. What hotel did you end up staying at there? I can't wait to your rental home. It sounds like it will be gorgeous.
Old 02-02-2013, 04:29 PM   #17
appleorchard
DIS Veteran

You're very funny--don't give up on this trip report! But the mom-daughter thing sounds good too....
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-02-2013, 06:37 PM   #18
2Monkeys
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by reelmom View Post
I am really looking forward to reading more. We are thinking about stopping for a night in Lake City as well. What hotel did you end up staying at there? I can't wait to your rental home. It sounds like it will be gorgeous.
We stayed a the Hampton Inn & Suites - it was fantastic! We actually ended up staying there on the way back too, b/c we stayed in MK all day and were exhausted - but I'm getting ahead of myself! Thanks for reading!

Quote:
Originally Posted by appleorchard View Post
You're very funny--don't give up on this trip report! But the mom-daughter thing sounds good too....
Thanks! I find myself funny, but am not always sure other people agree . Thanks for reading - I will keep going! Maybe I'll insert a mini-trippie about our mother/daughter trip!!

DD's 1st trip ASMo 2003 DS's 1st trip ASMo 2004 9 nights at POP 2007 Surprise Weekend 2008 Rain, rain & more rain POFQ 2009 Big Fat Family Vacation Offsite 2012 Girls Only POR 2013 ToT 10-miler/MNSSHP/F&W 10/2-10/12/14

Check out my trip report: Magical & Not So Magical Moments - The Top Ten Things We Learned
Old 02-03-2013, 11:34 AM   #19
OhMari
WDW PreTrip and Trip Moderator

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2Monkeys View Post
That tornado was the scariest thing! I think I still have PTSD!!! Our dog is a Yorkie-Poo. She is the BEST dog ever!! We would like to get her a playmate but don't think we will ever find a dog as great as her!!

Thanks for the move!
I thought she sort of looked liked ours. We have a shih-poo. The darn hair grows so fast. My kids and dh won't let me go get a haircut for our dog, because it is so cold outside. But I want to cut around his eyes and nose today. My older kids keep telling me, we need another dog. Um, no.
Old 02-04-2013, 02:41 PM   #20
2Monkeys
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by OhMari View Post
I thought she sort of looked liked ours. We have a shih-poo. The darn hair grows so fast. My kids and dh won't let me go get a haircut for our dog, because it is so cold outside. But I want to cut around his eyes and nose today. My older kids keep telling me, we need another dog. Um, no.
Pepper's hair grows fast too! I can't stand it when it gets so long around her face, b/c then she drinks water and comes to love on you and drips everywhere instead!!

We have thought about getting her a playmate, but the idea of house-training another puppy makes me want to poke my eye out!

DD's 1st trip ASMo 2003 DS's 1st trip ASMo 2004 9 nights at POP 2007 Surprise Weekend 2008 Rain, rain & more rain POFQ 2009 Big Fat Family Vacation Offsite 2012 Girls Only POR 2013 ToT 10-miler/MNSSHP/F&W 10/2-10/12/14

Check out my trip report: Magical & Not So Magical Moments - The Top Ten Things We Learned
Old 02-04-2013, 03:01 PM   #21
2Monkeys
Mouseketeer

Islands of Adventure-continued

After the Carroseussal, we decided to head over to the High in the Sky Trolley Train. It is a cute little trip around Seuss Landing, and gives you a bird's eye view of the area. It is a nice break, but not really a 'ride'. This is my boy pretending to be scared of how 'high' it is:

He is such a clown!

Here are some pics from the train:

When DD saw that last one, I thought she might hyperventilate and pass out. She could not wait to go into that castle!! As you can see from the pictures, it started really clouding up and the sprinkles started shortly thereafter. Not too bad, so we soldiered on. If you recall, the last time we were in Orlando, 11 1/2 inches of rain fell during our trip. We weren't scared...we could handle a few sprinkles. We went on the Cat in the Hat ride, and I felt a little nauseous. I was starting to think there were no rides in IOA that did not spin. Other than the spinning, it was a cute ride and told the story well. That book was always one of my favorites, so this was a treat. Except for the spinning. Did I mention the spinning?

Once my head stopped spinning, we decided we were hungry, so went back out to City Walk to grab a bite. On the way out, the boys decided to try on some...hats:

The 'Thing' shirts we are wearing, I made myself. Well, really, I got the 'Things' off the DIS and ordered the transfers from AmyMickey. So really I just printed them, cut them out, and ironed them on - that counts as making them, right? I thought they turned out super cute, and my family was not too embarrassed to wear them. Almost, but not quite.

Last edited by 2Monkeys; 02-04-2013 at 04:19 PM.
Old 02-04-2013, 04:14 PM   #22
2Monkeys
Mouseketeer

IOA Part 3

We went out to CityWalk and grabbed food from Pastamore Market. It was pretty good, though I can't remember exactly what we had. DD tells me that both kids had fettucine alfredo, and DH & I had pizza & salad. I'll trust her on that one, b/c I honestly have no idea. I usually take pics of food, but with the sprinkling still off & on, we did not want our good camera getting wet. So I guess I forgot I could take it out while we were eating and it would be fine. Oh well.

Do you notice that as you get older, you just can't remember things? I don't think it is 'old age' though. I think it is that your brain is a complex filing system and that you just can't access the file you want because the drawers are crammed full and overflowing. Some files may have fallen out even. That's my story, and I'm sticking to it!

When our tummies were full, we headed back in to IOA. We hit Spiderman again, then headed on through Toon Lagoon and into Jurassic Park. We didn't stop in Toon Lagoon, b/c it was already raining a bit and we had dinner reservations at Margaritaville so I didn't want to be a drowned rat in a restaurant. The kids were a little fearful to do the Jurassic Park River Adventure, so we headed into the Discovery Center. The kids really enjoyed this and spent quite a bit of time exploring. We also played a trivia game that was sort of like a game show, which DS & I won!!

We did some posing with dinosaurs

and some feeding of dinosaurs

and some creation of dinosaurs

and some petting of dinosaurs.

Then there was no holding it off any longer. We HAD to go to THE WIZARDING
WORLD OF HARRY POTTER. DD could hardly stand it. We were so close. She must go in.

Last edited by 2Monkeys; 02-04-2013 at 04:20 PM.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: