Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-19-2014, 12:56 AM   #1
LBR06
Earning My Ears

Rebooking Onboard

If I book a cruise now for December of 2015, can I re-book the same cruise while on board in November of this year? Will you still be able to get the same room that you picked originally, and will you be eligible for the onboard credits and discount?
LBR06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2014, 01:09 AM   #2
DISNEY FANTASY
Por favor manténganse alejado de las puertas

Quote:
Originally Posted by LBR06 View Post
If I book a cruise now for December of 2015, can I re-book the same cruise while on board in November of this year? Will you still be able to get the same room that you picked originally, and will you be eligible for the onboard credits and discount?
You can make a new booking on the same cruise but the old booking is cancelled and the prices you book T will be the prevailing rates at that time, your old room might not be available or say main dinner but ask.
Disney Fantasy 8/11 and 8/18 2012 back to back, Eastern and Western, Two weeks in concierge!
Disney Magic Eight cruises, inc 12 night Baltic, 11 night Med, 14 and 15 night Panama crossings, and 7 night Caribbean cruises.
Over 14 Previous cruises, including Disney, RCI and Princess.
DISNEY FANTASY is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-19-2014, 06:06 AM   #3
Dug720
SQUIRREL!!

Have you checked to make sure the cruise you want is blacked out? If it is, there's no discount or anything.
Old 07-19-2014, 06:57 AM   #4
mom4fun
DIS Veteran

You can keep the same room and dining. Just bring your reservation paperwork with you and they will cancel and rebook instantly so you will not lose your room.
Old 07-19-2014, 09:18 AM   #5
disneyfaninaz
It takes faith, trust & pixie dust!

However, if the category of rooms you are in is no longer available for your cruise, you will not be able to rebook with a discount.

The onboard agent will book you a new reservation under the same category. You will then have to return home to cancel your original reservation and have the DCL CM (or TA) move your original stateroom to your new reservation and cancel your original reservation. Any monies on the original reservation can be transferred to the new reservation or credited back to you.
disneyfaninaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2014, 11:41 AM   #6
rantnnravin
Whaddya mean there's no room in the suitcase? YOU CAN LAND A PLANE IN THERE!!

Ditto what everyone else said.
Also, I would not count on the onboard agent preserving your original room choice. They promised they would do that for me when I re-shopped a previous cruise but did not honor my request to keep the same room, despite my reiterating several times throughout our conversation that I wanted to retain the same stateroom. They lost me my chosen room and I was never able to get it back. So, I would book a new reservation and change everything once you're back on shore.

rantnnravin is online now   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: