Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Global Neighbours > Other Lands > Australia
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-16-2012, 07:01 PM   #1471
battymum
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by australiankaren View Post
hey

hope your feeling hunky dory soon batty........and we got our elect bill....$1146 OMG it was $600 this time last year....

carbon tax my big bott......

I may need to sell a kidney.....
I hope you charged the kiddos for that!

We have had one thing after another since 30th August, 2 cars rego, one needed a 'service" that cost $900, electricity @ $715 (after $500 solar credit)school fees, - this one is really breaking the camels back - I am going to have to pay by the month as the bills account is pretty empty at the moment.!

How much do you get for kidneys these days?
battymum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 07:07 PM   #1472
australiankaren
I do love me my free H20...thank you Mickey.....DVC member BLT & VB....I HATE #MYDISNEYEXPERIENCE

Quote:
Originally Posted by battymum View Post
I hope you charged the kiddos for that!

We have had one thing after another since 30th August, 2 cars rego, one needed a 'service" that cost $900, electricity @ $715 (after $500 solar credit)school fees, - this one is really breaking the camels back - I am going to have to pay by the month as the bills account is pretty empty at the moment.!

How much do you get for kidneys these days?
hitting the eldest up for $300 towards bill, the youngest & GF are skint, so easier selling his kidney...

I guess with 8 people now in the house the bills may increase but thank god we no longer have school fees....
australiankaren is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-16-2012, 08:21 PM   #1473
battymum
DIS Veteran

So 45 minutes on the phone, and I get $200 off, which still doesn't match QBE at $1049, is it worth the hassle to change? I have changed it pay by the month, so not taking the big hit straight up!
Old 10-16-2012, 10:12 PM   #1474
areweindisneyyet
DIS Veteran

Quote:
So I have had minor surgery on my leg today, only minor, but it means I have to rest it for the next few days, I am expecting you all to entertain me, OK!
I wish you a speedy recovery and hope it went well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by australiankaren View Post
so I've wanted to download new yorker mag, but they dont let you cause I'm in australia...anyway, found change location on manage my kindle, plugged in BLT address as mine and I now have new yorker....just thought you'd like to know

I'm so clever
Last week I had to phone Amazon to replace DD's Kindle as the screen would not turn on. The lovely Amazon gentlemen asked if we still resided at 1150 Magic Way Anaheim (DLH). I WISH I said and changed her address back to Australia. I then had to change it back (the Kindle asked me if I was on holiday, that is perhaps why I could not access my archive) so her little sister could finish the Hunger Games which we had bought as a trilogy with the US Address, so according to the Kindle we live in Anaheim. I nice head space.
Old 10-16-2012, 10:18 PM   #1475
areweindisneyyet
DIS Veteran

Just returned from a 3 hour round trip taking youngest DD2 to her school camp after she chipped both her front teeth last night watching Disney Channel on my IPAD in bed. She had snuck it in, fell asleep and it has broken her teeth when it fell on her. My IPAD has bite barks in it now

She is feeling mighty sorry for herself, she does remorse well.

So after a $200 dentist visit (they nicely got her in first up this morning) she now has two new front teeth and is happily at school camp.

Children are a blessing on your home, Children are a blessing on your home!

Happy Humpy Day everyone.

36 hours til I find out if we can do Italy.
Old 10-16-2012, 10:20 PM   #1476
5ofus
DIS Veteran

Urgh, let's not talk about bills. Our elec was up a ludicruous amount, but still not as bad as some. School fees are hitting us hard and I'm looking forward to DS1 going to public school next year! :lol:

To top things off, we got a 'reminder' from the water company yesterday about our bill. I asked DH to pay it three weeks ago. He tells me he 'forgot'. I am deciding whether it's a ploy or not. Since I went back to work and he's a SAHD, I decided HE now needed to do some of the finances. Is he faking so I'll take it all back, or is he really not good at it....?

5ofus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 01:38 AM   #1477
Marlea98
DIS Veteran

Ah, bills. In Townsville everyone seems to be up in arms over insurance doubling or tripling in a year, blame it on cyclone yasi seems to be the excuse given. Many insurers are now refusing to take on new policies up this way or they're reducing their risk by massively increasing premiums on existing policies so people have no choice but to suck it up or go elsewhere.

I paid rates this week, had to buy a new vacuum, plus do the monthly payments on braces/school fees/bupa/house insurance and heaven knows what else. Oh and had to do vaccinations for all 3 dogs - at least they give us a discount on us getting them all done together (but it's a nightmare for
Old 10-17-2012, 01:48 AM   #1478
Marlea98
DIS Veteran

Darn dog nose touching the screen! It's a nightmare having to wrestle all 3 of them on my own so luckily the ladies give me a hand with them.

I hate bills. There. I said it. Unless someone else wants to pay them of course...
Old 10-17-2012, 02:08 AM   #1479
frangipanisam
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by areweindisneyyet
Just returned from a 3 hour round trip taking youngest DD2 to her school camp after she chipped both her front teeth last night watching Disney Channel on my IPAD in bed. She had snuck it in, fell asleep and it has broken her teeth when it fell on her. My IPAD has bite barks in it now

So after a $200 dentist visit (they nicely got her in first up this morning) she now has two new front teeth and is happily at school camp.
I've done something similar in year 3 I stacked it on the veranda of our demountable classroom before school had even started & shattered my two brand spanking new front teeth two and a half hours in the dentist chair and no clue what it cost my parents & 15 years later the filling has still held!

Though I think I'll get it checked when I get back because its getting a little bit thin my mum wasn't not impressed because she found out I'd been eating my recess early when we arrived at the dentist because chocolate biscuit crumbs were in my teeth
frangipanisam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 02:37 AM   #1480
5ofus
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by areweindisneyyet

Children are a blessing on your home, Children are a blessing on your home!

Happy Humpy Day everyone.

36 hours til I find out if we can do Italy.
Ouchy! For both your bank balance AND your daughter.

5ofus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 08:58 AM   #1481
hjd0411
DIS Veteran

Marlea -we had a similar jump in insurance rates in Brisbane because of the floods!! And the thing that gets me is that really most of Brisbane wasn't actually flooded! I think the premium went up by about $300-$400 in one year - for my little 2 bedroom weatherboard house!!
Plus, because I claimed for my dog (she had ticks earlier in the year) and I got $450 back from that(my first ever claim on household insurance) I lose some of the "no claim" discount...! They get you every which way!!!

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

hjd0411 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 03:32 PM   #1482
Marlea98
DIS Veteran

Yeah the floods are also some of the excuses being given here as we'll and we didn't even get them- its the so-called threat of floods that is being given as an excuse too. We get less natural 'disasters' up here than SEQ does yet cyclones cross our coast less often than people think. Insurance is a necessary evil and the companies know it
Old 10-17-2012, 03:57 PM   #1483
battymum
DIS Veteran

Well we are in sydney, I don't know why ours went up40%, and it was only NRMA, the others are comparable to last year.
Old 10-17-2012, 07:11 PM   #1484
WAMUMOF4
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Well we are in sydney, I don't know why ours went up40%, and it was only NRMA, the others are comparable to last year.
It doesn't seem to matter where you live our insurance doubled in the last 2 years due to all the natural disasters and none of them happened over here its crazy how they can justify it
Old 10-18-2012, 03:01 AM   #1485
Marlea98
DIS Veteran

It's like the new excuses banks have for not passing on interest rates or increasing fees. Just another excuse.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: