Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Global Neighbours > Other Lands > Australia
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-15-2012, 12:50 AM   #1441
Andona
Destroyer of the Aussie Dollar

Quote:
Originally Posted by alicia1506 View Post

i am now nervous about returning to work on monday. i am sure it will all be perfectly fine, but still.... argh!! now to figure out what to wear to give the best impression & make me look less like a roly poly frump
Hope it's going well today, Alicia!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aussie Wendy View Post

Have booked airfares to Europe for mid May/June..so DLP here we come..yaay!
Congratulations!!! What a great time to go too

Quote:
Originally Posted by areweindisneyyet View Post
(Knee Update and Trip Decision coming Friday)
I'm keeping my fingers crossed for you, hope you get the go ahead to do the trip . I guess it's going to be a long week !

I have done no work this afternoon at all! ( I work for myself from home) Between reading Karen's TR and checking other threads ...the afternoon has just disappeared. And I had such good intentions.. The DIS is SUCH a time waster

Andona
2005: DL - 3/50 states | 2007- UK & Paris | 2008: WDW - 14/50 states| 2009: DL - 18/50 States | 2011 European roadtrip - ANZAC day in France | 2012: USA Coast to Coast Roadtrip! 25/50 states Read my TR|2013 Italy

Dec 2014 Hawaii Here We Come!

Aug 2015 Pacific Northwest Roadtrip finishing up in DL. Yay!
Andona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 04:04 AM   #1442
areweindisneyyet
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andona View Post

I'm keeping my fingers crossed for you, hope you get the go ahead to do the trip . I guess it's going to be a long week !

I have done no work this afternoon at all! ( I work for myself from home) Between reading Karen's TR and checking other threads ...the afternoon has just disappeared. And I had such good intentions.. The DIS is SUCH a time waster

Andona
Thanks Andona, have my appointment first thing Fri morning. Thinking the worst, it can only get better

I work for myself too and I was thinking the same thing at lunchtime. Karen's trip report has distracted me from the good intentions of work but i had clients is afternoon that made me get back on travk. Sometimes i Wish I had an IT department to block the dis in work hours, I don't so Sometimes
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-15-2012, 05:07 AM   #1443
australiankaren
I do love me my free H20...thank you Mickey.....DVC member BLT & VB....I HATE #MYDISNEYEXPERIENCE

thats right

blame me......

can i help it if my totally awesome TR is so dang awesome...but not as awesome as AIR NEW ZEALAND kissy kissy...if only they flew to memphis, my world would be perfect....

night all.....
australiankaren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 05:08 AM   #1444
PrincessInOz
in
Catch you at the other end

Quote:
Originally Posted by areweindisneyyet View Post
Thanks Andona, have my appointment first thing Fri morning. Thinking the worst, it can only get better

I work for myself too and I was thinking the same thing at lunchtime. Karen's trip report has distracted me from the good intentions of work but i had clients is afternoon that made me get back on travk. Sometimes i Wish I had an IT department to block the dis in work hours, I don't so Sometimes
I'll have everything crossed for you.

Disneyland - Dec 1986, May 1990, Dec 1997, Aug 2003, Jun 2005, Jul 2007 TR, Nov 2008, The Mad Dash (Jan 2011, Nov 2012) Oct 14 PTR
Walt Disney World - Jun 2005, May 2010 (POR, BCV) PTR || TR, Oct 2010 (CSR) PTR || TR, Oct 2013 Anyone Game? PTR || TR in progress
Hong Kong Disneyland - Mar/Apr 2012 TR
PrincessInOz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 05:09 AM   #1445
PrincessInOz
in
Catch you at the other end

I'm going to call it quits too.

Been sneezing non-stop for the last 10 minutes. Hayfever season is upon us.

Disneyland - Dec 1986, May 1990, Dec 1997, Aug 2003, Jun 2005, Jul 2007 TR, Nov 2008, The Mad Dash (Jan 2011, Nov 2012) Oct 14 PTR
Walt Disney World - Jun 2005, May 2010 (POR, BCV) PTR || TR, Oct 2010 (CSR) PTR || TR, Oct 2013 Anyone Game? PTR || TR in progress
Hong Kong Disneyland - Mar/Apr 2012 TR
PrincessInOz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 04:39 PM   #1446
Marlea98
DIS Veteran

KLM Flying Blue

This is probably more a question for AustralianKaren, but I thought I'd post it publicly in case it helps anyone else.

I read on the DW tips board about signing with KLM's flying blue program and you could get discounted rates through National car rentals with codes.

My question is, should I sign up for all of us or just for me? I doubt we'll fly KLM to the U.S but I guess you'll never know.
Old 10-15-2012, 05:00 PM   #1447
australiankaren
I do love me my free H20...thank you Mickey.....DVC member BLT & VB....I HATE #MYDISNEYEXPERIENCE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marlea98 View Post
This is probably more a question for AustralianKaren, but I thought I'd post it publicly in case it helps anyone else.

I read on the DW tips board about signing with KLM's flying blue program and you could get discounted rates through National car rentals with codes.

My question is, should I sign up for all of us or just for me? I doubt we'll fly KLM to the U.S but I guess you'll never know.

mousesavers is also great for car hire discount codes....
Old 10-15-2012, 05:36 PM   #1448
Andona
Destroyer of the Aussie Dollar

Quote:
Originally Posted by australiankaren View Post
Totally agree! As well as the airlines, we're signed up with ALL the hotel membership programs ( Hilton, Priority Club, Starwood, Carlson, Accor et etc)

None of them cost a cent to join but so many times on this trip when we checked in we were given little gifts and perks or very cheap upgrades because we were a member of their hotel program.

Andona
2005: DL - 3/50 states | 2007- UK & Paris | 2008: WDW - 14/50 states| 2009: DL - 18/50 States | 2011 European roadtrip - ANZAC day in France | 2012: USA Coast to Coast Roadtrip! 25/50 states Read my TR|2013 Italy

Dec 2014 Hawaii Here We Come!

Aug 2015 Pacific Northwest Roadtrip finishing up in DL. Yay!
Andona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 05:44 PM   #1449
australiankaren

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andona View Post
Totally agree! As well as the airlines, we're signed up with ALL the hotel membership programs ( Hilton, Priority Club, Starwood, Carlson, Accor et etc)

None of them cost a cent to join but so many times on this trip when we checked in we were given little gifts and perks or very cheap upgrades because we were a member of their hotel program.

Andona
so true.....nothing to lose, and everything to gain...
Old 10-15-2012, 06:17 PM   #1450
5ofus
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by australiankaren View Post

mousesavers is also great for car hire discount codes....
This is the second post I've read about mousesavers today. I use to visit their website frequently years ago, but haven't checked in years. Time to sign up to their emails methinks!

5ofus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 06:27 PM   #1451
australiankaren

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5ofus View Post
This is the second post I've read about mousesavers today. I use to visit their website frequently years ago, but haven't checked in years. Time to sign up to their emails methinks!
CAR hire example
using a code from mousesavers my car hire this trip was $246 instead of $700....$150 instead of $400..both with budget/ intermediate size...

so i always consult them when booking cars....
Old 10-15-2012, 07:18 PM   #1452
dabecs
Returning to WDW 2014!

Quote:
Originally Posted by australiankaren

CAR hire example
using a code from mousesavers my car hire this trip was $246 instead of $700....$150 instead of $400..both with budget/ intermediate size...

so i always consult them when booking cars....
Who did you hire your car through? I haven't booked ours yet and love the sound of those savings!

Our first trip to WDW was November 2012 - Trip report at http://www.oztoworld.blogspot.com.au/
dabecs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 07:42 PM   #1453
australiankaren

Quote:
Originally Posted by dabecs View Post
Who did you hire your car through? I haven't booked ours yet and love the sound of those savings!
you go thru mousesavers..go to their discount page for cars and there is a list of codes...I just put in each code and see what deal is the best..

I found budget the best, and no vouchers etc needed.....takes a bit of time but well worth the savings...
Old 10-15-2012, 08:02 PM   #1454
dabecs
Returning to WDW 2014!

Quote:
Originally Posted by australiankaren

you go thru mousesavers..go to their discount page for cars and there is a list of codes...I just put in each code and see what deal is the best..

I found budget the best, and no vouchers etc needed.....takes a bit of time but well worth the savings...
Thanks Karen We only need a car for a few days but any extra $ saved is extra to spend on shoes

Our first trip to WDW was November 2012 - Trip report at http://www.oztoworld.blogspot.com.au/
dabecs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 08:32 PM   #1455
Marlea98
DIS Veteran

Thanks, Karen.

Okay. I've got Raddison, Carlson and Accor membership already (plus our Wyndham timeshare) and the one for the Value Inn chain. Can someone put together a list of all of the chains to sign up for if possible?

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: